2015 - Zenith, Paris - 19 September - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mouselle

The concert was excellent!!!!

My fourth time over too many years, and each one is a favourite, but hecwas on fire tonight !
Same set list as Rennes.
He wanted to dance and he wanted to move! Other shows there has been obe glorious episode of Mika dance, but tonight tbere were quite a few full-on dance events. He is so vobrant and energetic he just pulls us all in with him into clapping and bouncing along.
I took a few pictures, but they are bouncily blurred. Oh well.

His voice was strong and very tuneful, but regukarly cracked into Falsetto iin unusual places. While still keeping perfect tune. Now that's a skill!
I remain as impressed with his live shows as ever, and I am so thankful I could get to this show in France.
A fabulous concert, and a rivering performance.

I looked at the merch stand. Tshirts, key rings, mugs, stickers, cds for the warm up band, but I didn't see any Mika cds. Lots of tshirts.
Scalpers outside aelling 'signed' tour posters. They were doing such a good trade that I wonder why the merch stNd didn't have them.

• Like 3

The concert was excellent!!!!

My fourth time over too many years, and each one is a favourite, but hecwas on fire tonight !

Same set list as Rennes.

He wanted to dance and he wanted to move! Other shows there has been obe glorious episode of Mika dance, but tonight tbere were quite a few full-on dance events. He is so vobrant and energetic he just pulls us all in with him into clapping and bouncing along.

I took a few pictures, but they are bouncily blurred. Oh well.

His voice was strong and very tuneful, but regukarly cracked into Falsetto iin unusual places. While still keeping perfect tune. Now that's a skill!

I remain as impressed with his live shows as ever, and I am so thankful I could get to this show in France.

A fabulous concert, and a rivering performance.

I looked at the merch stand. Tshirts, key rings, mugs, stickers, cds for the warm up band, but I didn't see any Mika cds. Lots of tshirts.

Scalpers outside aelling 'signed' tour posters. They were doing such a good trade that I wonder why the merch stNd didn't have them.

Thank you for the report - sounds fantastic!

So while i'm waiting for my flight, i'll try to write a report about yesterday. ;)

I arrived at the venue only around 4:30 pm, but i had a seated ticket (not numbered), so i wasn't too worried as i'd be in the back anyway. After entering the venue we found out that there were different seated areas. While we had originally planned to sit at the side, after getting sent back and forth by different security guys we ended up in our designated area right across from the stage and got seats in the front row pretty much in the centre. It turned out to be the best seats in the house, so we were quite happy with it in the end. :) i think mika might even have spotted us at some point, but ofc you can't be sure from that distance where exactly he looks.

Now the new show. Wow. First of all, it didn't feel too short. That's a totally new experience, because mika gigs usually always feel too short. Dunno if it was cause i was in the back instead of my usual front row place, i'll see at the upcoming shows. :bleh: but i looked on my watch after 1,5 hours and was surprised (and happy) that it'd still be another half an hour!

So i didn't even miss any songs, although ofc it'd have been nice if he had done all she wants or rio (tho i never seriously expected the latter). But just to hear promiseland live (finally! :naughty:) was worth the trip! :fangurl: tho he messed it up again. But i'm sure it'll get better with time, he just needs some practice. :naughty:

And that stage set. :fangurl: the glitter earth ball. :fangurl: mika's outfits. :fangurl: it's all as big as the imaginarium tour! The caravan on the left keeps changing to an organ and back to a caravan, sometimes more things rising from its top that i think might represent things that are related to mika's life - the caravan has paradise written on it, i guess it represents his nomad life which is paradise for him. The other things i'm not sure of yet what they mean. Maybe the earth glitter ball opposed to the heavens gate as heaven and earth? But the background? A shark, smoking chimneys, the sinking titanic, a volcano,... it doesn't click for me yet what it means. (Edit: maybe it represents hell?) But it looks stunning nevertheless, and so different with every change of lights. Generally the lightshow was very impressive from the back!

Mika seemed to be in a fantastic mood and talked a lot as well. I didn't understand much tho.

I hadn't expected a m&g with the amount of (crazy) fans waiting, but i had the impression that he actually would've gotten out of the car and spent some time with his fans, if not a bunch of them had been blocking the door. I might be wrong but it seemed he wanted to say hi to a few more. Anyway so he just turned down the window, signed a few autographs for the crowd around the car and waved to us others when finally the driver had managed by using the horn to get out of that crowd.

Well, gotta get on my flight now. ;)

Edited by mellody
  • Like 9

Thank you for the reports! Sounds like this tour is going to be memorable as well :) I really can't wait untill next Tuesday! Amsterdam  :excite:

Btw, does anyone have a picture of the merch? And is it possible to buy merch before the show starts? I've always bought my stuff afterwards, which doesn't help with getting outside fast xD 

Edited by Maaikie...
  • Like 1

Yesterday it was possible to buy the merch before the show. But ofc it only works if you can leave your place and come back. ;) i took pictures, will upload them tonight or tomorrow. It's tshirts for 30€ with the tourdates printed on the back and i think the front is the same as the shirts we already know, or similar. They're also available longsleeved, but more expensive. And a hoodie for 60€. Plus mugs, keychains and small badges, but i don't remember the prices.

About the setlist, from what i heard it must've been similar to the one in rennes (tho iirc without "rain"), maybe a few songs swapped around. Last party was the last song, before that it was love today, and npih at the beginning. That's all i remember of the order of the songs.

What about the setlist? Does anyone have it?

From what I've seen on Twitter, I think the setlist was pretty much the same as last night's in Rennes.

Thank you for the reports! Sounds like this tour is going to be memorable as well :) I really can't wait untill next Tuesday! Amsterdam  :excite:

Btw, does anyone have a picture of the merch? And is it possible to buy merch before the show starts? I've always bought my stuff afterwards, which doesn't help with getting outside fast xD 

I saw this one on Twitter. No CDs (?) from what I understand.

CPS-v3uUkAA-vcs.jpg

• Like 1

Hello, 

The setlist was : 

No Place in Heaven

Big Girl

Good Wife

Grace Kelly

Boum Boum Boum

Talk About You

Good Guys

Origin of Love

Relax

Promiseland

L'Amour fait ce qu'il veut

Underwater

Staring at the Sun

Elle me dit

Happy Ending

J'ai pas envie

Billy Brown

We are Golden

Lollipop

Love Today

Last Party

:)

• Like 1

So no tourbook for this tour as well? :(

For the imaginarium tour they only had the tourbook after a few months, and just for a few shows i think (was it only france maybe?) - so who knows, maybe there'll be one in italy or in october... i don't have much hope, but it's not completely unrealistic. They really should do one, i'd certainly buy it! As opposed to the other stuff, i'm not very interested in that. :dunno:

The guys who sold the posters outside only asked 2€ for them, guess that's why many bought one. I never would buy something from them, but i also wish they'd sell official posters at the merch stand.

I won't upload my pix today, will go to bed soon as this morning a false fire alarm in the hotel woke me up an hour too early (grrrrr... :aah:) - but from the pic deb posted, you can see all the prints. The hoodie is grey and also has this M print on the back, and a small "Mika" on the front. The mugs are black with the M print and cost 15€, keychains are black or white for 5€ and 4 small badges with different prints for 10€. I have a pic of these too, will upload it together with my other pix, if no one posts any before.

• Like 1

A review by

Virgin radio

http://www.virginradio.fr/mika-nous-ouvre-les-portes-du-paradis-live-report-a453435.html

Mika nous ouvre les portes du paradis (Live report)

Mika présentait hier soir son tout nouveau show sur la scène du Zénith de Paris. VirginRadio.fr y était et vous raconte cette soirée survoltée.

image: http://media.virginradio.fr/article-2864485-ratio265_640-f1924701464/mika-no-place-in-heaven-heaven-tour-zenith.jpg

mika-no-place-in-heaven-heaven-tour-zeni

Près de huit ans après son premier Zénith parisien, Mika était de retour hier soir dans la capitale pour un concert sold out depuis longtemps. Le chanteur a donné le coup d’envoi de son « Heaven Tour » la veille à Rennes et est attendu comme le messie par un public âgé de 7 à 77 ans. Pour débuter la soirée, le groupe britannique Citizen a l’honneur d’ouvrir le bal avant l’arrivée tant attendue de la star de la soirée. Le show débute par le titre éponyme de son nouvel album « No Place In Heaven », que Mika entonne a capella. Les portes du paradis sont ouvertes et le public pénètre avec joie dans l’univers pop et acidulé de l’artiste britannico-libanais. Savant mélange entre tubes incontournables et extraits du dernier album, la setlist laisse la part belle à des titres festifs et redoutablement efficaces.

image: http://media.virginradio.fr/pmedia-2864496-ajust_640-f1442748880/mika-a-transporte-le-zenith-au-paradis.jpg

mika-a-transporte-le-zenith-au-paradis.j

Véritable showman, Mika enflamme la salle en quelques minutes, et les fans le suivent avec bonheur pour reprendre en cœur « Grace Kelly », qui l’a révélé au grand public en 2007. Sur « Good Guys », il prône la tolérance puis interprète « Boom Boom Boom » dans un français impeccable avant de nous offrir ses plus beaux déhanchés sur « Big Girl ». Capable de faire jouer sa voix sur plus de quatre octaves, Mika arpente la scène de long en large, bondissant tout en grâce et en légèreté pendant plus de deux heures. Tout de blanc vêtu, il dispose d’une impressionnante collection de vestes qu’il enfile au gré des chansons. L’ambiance festive et survoltée devient contagieuse et atteint des sommets lorsque le chanteur interprète le hit « Relax (Take it Easy), longuement ovationné.

image: http://media.virginradio.fr/pmedia-2864498-ajust_640-f1442748886/mika-a-transporte-le-zenith-au-paradis.jpg

Ce n'est pas un hasard si Mika a choisit de débuter sa grande tournée en France. "Je suis arrivé à Paris à 1 an et demi. Cette ville et ce pays bien sûr, ont toujours fait partie de ma vie, de ma famille, de mon coeur." explique t-il. Parfaitement bilingue, il chante « L’Amour Fait Ce Qu’il Veut » et « Tant que j’ai le soleil », son dernier single en français. Mika impressionne par sa voix parfaitement maitrisée, d’une justesse et d’une puissance remarquable. « Origin of Love » laisse enfin apparaître le décor époustouflant dissimulé depuis le début du concert. La scénographie du « Heaven Tour » a été réalisée par Studio Job, en collaboration avec la compagnie de théâtre de rue Ocagiuliva de San Giovanni. « Je veux que vous chantiez tous comme si vous étiez sous la douche. Parce qu'au paradis, on prend des douches tous ensemble ! » Le public ne se le fait pas dire deux fois et s'époumone sur "Underwater".

image: http://media.virginradio.fr/pmedia-2864494-ajust_640-f1442748871/mika-a-transporte-le-zenith-au-paradis.jpg

Infatigable, Mika montre une énergie formidable et une communion avec son public qui fait plaisir à voir. La salle se déhanche sur « Elle Me Dit » et « We Are Golden », mais le concert laisse aussi place à quelques moments d’émotion sur le superbe « Happy Ending » et le mélancolique « Billie Brown ». Ravi de montrer ses progrès en français, Mika explique que ses collègues de The Voice l’ont beaucoup aidé et qu’il est maintenant capable de composer tout seul dans la langue de Molière. Démonstration sur « Lollipop », qu’il traduit (presque) en direct. Le prince de la pop fera ses adieux sur le très dansant « Love Today », avant un rappel magistral avec « Last Party ». Charmant et généreux, Mika repart en nous laissant un sentiment d’euphorie. Un show pétillant, bourré d’énergies positives et d’amour, qui a ravi petits et grands.

• Like 1

[ Review]

Just Music

http://www.justmusic.fr/actualites/mika-au-zenith-de-paris-nous-y-etions-150046

Mika au Zénith de Paris : Nous y étions !

20 septembre 2015

Pour la deuxième date de sa nouvelle tournée, Mika était samedi soir au Zénith de Paris (Alias Production).

Le chanteur de 32 ans a commencé son show avec le titre « No place in heaven » extrait de son nouvel album du même nom qui cartonne à travers le monde. Puis, il a enchaîné avec le tube « Big girl (You are beautiful) » de son premier album « Life in cartoon motion ».

Comme d’habitude Mika était survolté tout comme son public qui n’a cessé de chanter et de danser avec lui. Artiste complet, il a également pris place derrière son piano pour quelques morceaux tels que « Grace Kelly » ou encore « We are golden », et à la batterie pour « Elle me dit ».

Les décors étaient magnifiques et Mika s’est amusé à porter des accessoires (des lunettes de soleil et un gant de boxe) sur l’entraînant « Boum boum boum ». Les fans ont participé en lançant des ballons colorés sur « Talk about you ».

Une boule à facette est ensuite descendue du plafond pour « Good guys », une très belle chanson qui rend hommage aux personnalités qui l’ont beaucoup inspiré dans sa jeunesse.

Mika a fait se lever tout le monde dans les gradins avec ses tubes « Relax, take it easy » et « Elle me dit » qui a bénéficié d’une introduction jazzy. Pour « Underwater », le chanteur libanais a demandé à son équipe de plonger la salle dans le noir, et à ses fans de s’imaginer sous la douche : « Au Paradis on prend des douches tous ensemble et on se filme avec des iPhones ! »

Ne manquant pas d’humour, il s’est même traité de « con » après avoir oublié les paroles de « J’ai pas envie ». Mika a fait un petit clin d’oeil à Doriand (présent dans la salle) qui travaille avec lui sur ses titres français, en faisant une petite introduction dans la langue de Molière pour l’incontournable « Lollipop ».

Pour le rappel nous avons eu droit à « Last party », puis les musiciens ont rejoint Mika pour saluer la foule en délire !

Pendant 2 heures, Mika a fait le show sans s’arrêter et tout le monde était sous son charme. Mission réussie car nous avons bien passé notre soirée au Paradis ! Depuis ses débuts, assister à ses concerts est toujours un régal pour les yeux et les oreilles ! Il reviendra au Zénith de Paris le 17 octobre (si vous n’avez pas vos places c’est SOLD OUT), alors préparez-vous à vivre une soirée inoubliable !

Voici la setlist :

- No place in heaven
- Big girl (You are beautiful)
- Good wife
- Grace Kelly
- Boum boum boum
- Talk about you
- Good guys
- Origin of love
- Relax, take it easy
- Promiseland
- L’amour fait ce qu’il veut
- Underwater
- Staring at the sun (Tant que j’ai le soleil)
- Elle me dit
- Happy ending
- J’ai pas envie
- Billy Brown
- We are golden
- Lollipop
- Love today

- Last party

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I was at the Paris show and it was AWESOME!

It was my first Mika gig and in a matter of a fact my first gig ever!

It truly was heaven, I know why he called it HeavenTour!

I will write a proper report and I am uploading videos right now. But it takes ages, so far I have only one:

The magical Underwater moment!

More are coming up later!

Sorry for the poor quality, I wasn't in front at all (not too far though, but still not front row LOL) and my husband filmed with his phone,, but the sound is good!

I also have pics but the quality is rather bad, when I see the awesome pics you guys post, I don't think you need mine... But I can post them of course!

Hugsss

Ambre

• Like 3

It was so wonderful :wub:  esp. he speaks german :) A fantastic evening :thumb_yello: I write no report because my english is so awful but I have some pics here:https://www.facebook.com/christine.andrae/media_set?set=a.948516735205891.1073741831.100001427190115&type=3&notif_t=like

It's not ne best quality but I hope it's O.K.

• Like 1

It was so wonderful :wub:  esp. he speaks german :) 

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me, i totally forgot! :doh: we were all fangurling like mad when totally out of the blue, mika started one of his little speeches with "meine damen und herren"! :swoon: i don't even remember which song it was, but i hope there's a video of it somewhere. :fangurl: i might've expected this in zurich, but certainly not in paris. :naughty:

• Like 3