2015 - Zenith, Paris - 19 September - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mouselle

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me, i totally forgot! :doh: we were all fangurling like mad when totally out of the blue, mika started one of his little speeches with "meine damen und herren"! :swoon: i don't even remember which song it was, but i hope there's a video of it somewhere. :fangurl: i might've expected this in zurich, but certainly not in paris. :naughty:

I have a video of that moment and it's uploading right now (takes a while though). I'll post it here!

It was when he was singing Love Today at the end of the gig.

• Like 2

Due to Eurostar journey from hell and work crisis I'm a bit late posting, but like others have already said, Paris was fabulous. I arrived just before he went onstage (not one for queueing these days!) and made my way to front and far side, got a good spot :-)

You all know the setlist by now - it was great to hear the songs from the fourth album (which I've barely stopped playing since I got it) - first time I've heard them live and they sound wonderful. In fact I'd have liked him to include a couple more of them, and hopefully he might in the UK? I can happily live without ever hearing Boum Boum Boum or Elle Me Dit ever again (especially when he has such a rich catalogue of great songs to choose from), but the French crowd obviously love them, so...

Other than that I thought it was a really well-thought-out set, and Last Party is a superb closing song.

Other random observations:

1. The glowing balloons throughout the audience looked fantastic…

2. Mika clearly has far too many jackets and seems determined to demonstrate the entire collection during the show...

3. But he clearly only has one pair of trousers...

4. His dancing is much less self-conscious these days than it was in the very early days...

5. The merchandise is expensive and not particularly spectacular (and Allegra - no albums on sale as far as I could see)...

6. Melachi and Amira are my new BFFs...

7. I still can't understand French...

8. I have not booked to go to enough shows...

That's all from me. Enjoy the rest of the tour everyone! x

• Like 3

The show was out of this world. I just want to point out that the fans played a key role in making it really special! From the point of view of the average person attending the gig, it was magical to see the colourful balloons popping out from the dark when hearing the first notes of “Talk About You”. And you guys gave a whole new meaning to “L’amour fait ce qu’il veut” with the rainbow flags! It was so joyful, and a beautiful celebration of love and acceptance. Mika was so sexy, all dressed in white and dancing under the disco ball.  The stars were aligned that night, everything fitted. And fans were part of it. Fans actions are like a sacred heritage and must be preserved!

This show is so rich in visual elements: Mika’s costumes, the back setting, the stained-glass door, the puzzling caravan, the lightning. A special mention to that monumental door that opens up to release “The Origin of Love”. I would’ve loved to be able to press on “pause” every then and now to fully appreciate what was being unfolded before our eyes. What about releasing a DVD, Mikasounds?!

• Like 4

I'm a little late with my report, but I still had to post and say that this was my first Mika concert and it was absolutely amazing! It was also wonderful to meet some MFCers for the first time, you are all very friendly and welcoming. :)

Anyway, other have already posted the setlists, videos etc, so I'll just post some of my thoughts:

- When I saw there were five different queues for the concert, I didn't really know what to expect -- but I ended up getting a great place very close to the stage (third row).

- Mika sounds even better than on records and videos, and his energy is just infectious!

- I was happy to hear so many songs from the new album, especially Good Wife and Promiseland (even though he messed up and started singing a wrong part at some point).

- He also forgot some lyrics of J'ai pas envie and instead just sang "I've forgotten the lyrics, like usual, because I'm stupid" in French. :)

- I know people are sick of Big Girl, and it's not a favorite of mine either, but I actually really enjoyed his performance of it (although that might have been because it was my first time hearing it live ;)).

- I thought it was really cute when he made a paper plane out of one of the signs fans had ("Amour fait ce qu'il veut" on a rainbow background), kissed it and tried to throw it to the audience, but it landed right back on stage! His second attempt was successful though, and he looked very proud of his paper-plane-making skills. ;)

- The only unpleasant part of my experience was that towards the end of the concert I started feeling very light-headed and on the verge of passing out. Other fans helped me and called the security. I was fine after sitting down for a few minutes though. I missed Lollipop, but managed to return back to my place before the end of Love Today. So, I can say that Mika's greatness literally makes me faint! ;) (Okay, the heat and slight dehydration may have contributed to it, but let's not mention that.  :teehee: )

- Seeing how many fans were waiting for Mika after the concert, I didn't really expect him to stop and talk to us, so it was a really nice surprise that he at least stopped for long enough to sign some things through the car window. I actually managed to get my CD cover signed, which was very unexpected!

- All in all, I can't wait for the next concert!

• Like 3

Latelatelatelate !!

It was so amazing, my first gig in a big hall !

I was with a friend which we were excited for this night ! The weather was beautiful, perfect for a Mika's concert  :thumb_yello:

Inside the hall, we were placed at the 4th row front of the microphone.

Citizens is a good group who know how to create ambience, it was sympathic (and I find that the singer looks like to Mika about his way to sing, to move... :naughty: )

Anyway, they go out, and we are waiting the boss. The excitement was here !

Lights down, dark... Here we go ! A medley of differents songs of films, famous french singers, and...Peter Pan^^, Mika is here !!!! He was front of a caravane, dressed like a detective, and sing NPIH a capella. Wowowow. So beautiful. Then, the instrumental is beautiful  :wub:

Music and clothes parade, we were without voices. And it was just the beggining  :naughty:

One of my favorites moment was when he has sung Promiseland. I was crazy  :insane: This song is a BOMB on stage !! (Emeline is not here anymore) I captured this moment in video as a memory (sorry for people who was near from me ^^)

Boum Boum Boum, without comments. Free lopsidedness for your viewing pleasure ^^  :teehee:

Good Guys, so beautiful with the shine Earth down to Mika... The scenography of this song resume very well the song  :wub: (I'm not here anymore, ep2)

Underwater. I can't explain this moment how was magical. Phones enlightened, screams in ritual, his (funny) speech, and his sentence "You are wonderful !!!" Wow  :fangurl:  :fangurl:

L'Amour fait ce qu'il veut : he was moved when he saw the fan action ♥ So much emotion...

Good wife is amazing in live ! I love it !

Lollipop : what a giggle ! As a boss what he turns his employee ! :naughty: Poor Doriand, but we was very happy to have heard that from his own mouth ! But the translation, there is still work ! ^^

The rest was too amazing, beautiful, and others words... But I can't tell all, I'm still on my little cloud.

Thanks again to this genius who took our breath for more than two hours. Your paradise is perfect !

I've took some photos. They are not in the order :aah:  (Sorry if they are not very beautiful, but I'm not a professionnal)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134585154@N07/

Some videos (Bad quality  :sneaky2: )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdVKn0uA0S_u9CNovBkmPQQ

Edited by Emelyne412
  • Like 1

Haha, Lunari, i didn't even notice he sang different lyrics during j'ai pas envie! :lmfao: dunno if it's my lack of french or that i haven't heard the song often enough to hear when he makes a mistake or even sings something completely different... probably both. :naughty:

Haha, Lunari, i didn't even notice he sang different lyrics during j'ai pas envie! :lmfao: dunno if it's my lack of french or that i haven't heard the song often enough to hear when he makes a mistake or even sings something completely different... probably both. :naughty:

Yep, you can hear it in this video (and also hear laughter from the audience) from 1:17 to 1:27.  :naughty:

[media]

[/media]

I have a video of that moment and it's uploading right now (takes a while though). I'll post it here!

It was when he was singing Love Today at the end of the gig.

Sorry peeps, it's still uploading, don't know why it takes so long! It's been hours now, I even started over. Stupid Youtube!

I have so many videos to show you... :(

The concert was excellent!!!!

My fourth time over too many years, and each one is a favourite, but hecwas on fire tonight !

Same set list as Rennes.

He wanted to dance and he wanted to move! Other shows there has been obe glorious episode of Mika dance, but tonight tbere were quite a few full-on dance events. He is so vobrant and energetic he just pulls us all in with him into clapping and bouncing along.

I took a few pictures, but they are bouncily blurred. Oh well.

His voice was strong and very tuneful, but regukarly cracked into Falsetto iin unusual places. While still keeping perfect tune. Now that's a skill!

I remain as impressed with his live shows as ever, and I am so thankful I could get to this show in France.

A fabulous concert, and a rivering performance.

I looked at the merch stand. Tshirts, key rings, mugs, stickers, cds for the warm up band, but I didn't see any Mika cds. Lots of tshirts.

Scalpers outside aelling 'signed' tour posters. They were doing such a good trade that I wonder why the merch stNd didn't have them.

Thank you for your report :huglove: Rennes was fantastic too :swoon: There was Mika merch in Rennes: mugs; keyrings and t-shirts but only warm up band CDs....

Edited by crazyaboutmika

The show was out of this world. I just want to point out that the fans played a key role in making it really special! From the point of view of the average person attending the gig, it was magical to see the colourful balloons popping out from the dark when hearing the first notes of “Talk About You”. And you guys gave a whole new meaning to “L’amour fait ce qu’il veut” with the rainbow flags! It was so joyful, and a beautiful celebration of love and acceptance. Mika was so sexy, all dressed in white and dancing under the disco ball.  The stars were aligned that night, everything fitted. And fans were part of it. Fans actions are like a sacred heritage and must be preserved!

This show is so rich in visual elements: Mika’s costumes, the back setting, the stained-glass door, the puzzling caravan, the lightning. A special mention to that monumental door that opens up to release “The Origin of Love”. I would’ve loved to be able to press on “pause” every then and now to fully appreciate what was being unfolded before our eyes. What about releasing a DVD, Mikasounds?!

Thanks for explaining about the fan actions :huglove: They are sacred indeed :wub2:

And...I want a DVD so bad now :fangurl: Heaven tour on DVD would be so wonderful :swoon:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

Hi, totally 16 songs over three concerts: Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels.

Here are my links for watch some songs on You Tube:

Good Wife: 

BBB: 

Promiseland: 

J'ai pas envie: 

The Last Party: 

Edited by teammember6
  • Like 2

I'm one week late but I'm going to try and collect my memories of each gig for a little report. As often I suppose it isn't very interesting to most of you especially so long after the gig but I like writing my feelings and at least this way I know where to find my text later on :biggrin2:

Paris is always very special to me even before the gig starts. I'm in love with the city and even if I live just 250km away and even if I'm used to travelling there now for Mika and for personal reasons, I always feel a little something in my heart when I get there :wub2:

Then we all know Mika's attachment to the city too, and in general you know that if you see him perform there then you're in for a treat. In short I was excited and expected this gig to be a great one. And actually even the queuing was so enjoyable!! Met up with almost all fans I know from previous events and met a few new ones. It was lovely ❤

Now the gig... I had a very good spot front row middle left. I noticed my brother around the same place 10 rows behind and even if he's already seen Mika twice and loved it, I really wanted him to enjoy this gig too. A lot of pressure on Mika's shoulders just from my part then :P

And actually what Mika presented to us just blew me away from the first minutes. The introduction with a mix of Arabic, French and English songs and only the 'Heaven' sign descending already transported me to another world. The world where I feel like home. Where I can be myself. Or even crazier (and louder, sorry neighbours). I had entered the Mika world once again. But this time he was showing me a place I'd never been.

No Place in Heaven was the song I imagined he would start with. It worked well, especially in Paris where the audience was so good. With Big Girl he already had the whole venue in his pocket. I particularly enjoyed Good Wife, I had been dying to hear it live and what he made of it and the arms moving from left to right again and again already achieved to bring everyone in his wave.

I'm not going to talk about each song now but I loved BBB with the new intro and the fact that he took the glasses from a friend not far away. I loved TAY with the balloons and he looked sincerely moved by the posters on L'Amour (thanks for organising this, girls). It looks like he was still happy about it a few songs later when he made a plane out of a poster and kissed it and sent it to the crowd (2nd try was a success ^^) while making hearts with his hands.

I especially enjoyed the songs from the last album, Promiseland is such a highlight, J'ai Pas Envie worked well with us singing in between (and laughing at Mika's new improvised lyrics), Good Guys is such a nice 'choir' song and Last Party of course is just magnificent and so cleverly added to the end of the set.

But the 'old' songs sounded great too and apart from Billy Brown I'm still not bored of them yet. Maybe because he always tries to change a few things. Lollipop was particularly funny with him mentioning he wouldn't need Doriand anymore because he writes well enough in French now (you can imagine the cheering in the first rows :biggrin2:) and then going on with his own translation. I also personally remember him looking at me and laughing while singing 'she's a player and a downright whore', don't know how I should take it XD.

The stage set looked fabulous and I loved that the background is kept secret until the end of Origin (so happy that this is still on the setlist BTW). I thought he would be nervous as it was only his 2nd date with this design but he certainly didn't look like it. I think he enjoyed as much as we did and I really loved his little speech about Paris having such a special place in his heart (we know it all, I agree, but he's just too cute when saying this. Loved it that this time he mentionned the country as a whole and not just Paris like he usually does. Sorry for the fangurl talk)

At the end we all gathered and we were all still on our cloud. We waited for Mika surrounded by people who don't really have the same way of waiting as we do.. (I mean waving at a closed door or trying to film the inside of a private car park holding a phone above a fence) Anyway, as we dreaded, Mika's car got mobbed as soon as it went out so he didn't get off. After signing for a few minutes the car had to pull the horn to go through. It went past our group and stopped again so that Mika could get a special gift. Then we all left, I went with 4 friends in a car ready for our next destination : Lille.

• Like 3

Here is my report of that night  :)

Isa and I wanted to arrive early,  therefore we arrived in Paris the day before and we shared a room. My bed had the bad idea of ​​playing the "alarm clock" early in the morning by ejecting me. It wasn't stable and I was sleeping too much on it's side so I fell on the floor...
We woke up at a comfortable time and after a good coffee, we went to the site. The Zenith is nice, we were queuing in a beautiful park, along a canal. The weather was beautiful, it was a very cool wait. We walked around,  met friends and chatted.

The first part: Citizens was quite good. The show was right on time what was nice.

On stage, next to the musicians sets on the left was a small blue and white caravan. We were eager to see what it was hiding and to see the  new decors!
Mika appeared from behind the caravan and started the show with No Place In Heaven.

He set  fire to the audience with Big Girl then he sang Good Wife.
He went on with Grace Kelly and Boum Boum. The caravan opened and deployed a lot of things that were hidden inside, that was amazing and wonderful!

He then sang Talk About You and enjoyed our 500 luminous balloons. A big spangled Earth went down over Mika. Next came Good Guys and Origin Of Love.

During the Latin part happened what they call  "Kabuki" the stunning decor with the Heaven's door appeared on the background, WONDERFUL!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Mika reappeared on stage by the Heaven's door, superb. He sang Relax, Promiseland and Staring At The Sun in French (Tant que j'ai le soleil).

On Underwater, it makes us sing softly as usual then asked us to sing louder, he said: "Now you will sing as if you were under the shower" ... and he added, "because, in heaven we take showers all together."

Then came L'Amour fait ce qu'il veut and Elle Me Dit.

He sang Happy Ending with his new guitarist Tristan what was followed by our eternal Billy Brown on a transat with a cocktail under the HEAVEN.

Then he sang We Are Golden and a special version "in French" of Lollipop, he let off steam on his friend Doriand saying he is doing very well with the texts in French without him... or not. Curtis took the opportunity to have a drink and skipped his intro ... he was playing the wrong key, the poor of him! It took him several times to find the right one, he got a "You're even not playing on the right F *** ing key! "

Mika closed the show with Love Today and we made noise, we jumped  before leaving.

As curtain call we had Last Party which I love live.

And then it was over, after two hours in paradise, we must return to Earth.

We went out, we waited for the Boss at the backstage door together. Morgan took the opportunity to taste Mika's cocktail it didn't taste very good!! 

Unfortunately, without guard and with lots of people unrespectful, glued on the car, it was impossible for Mika to get out of the car, even if he wanted... he signed some autographs through the window and drove away.

The day after, I was on the road back in an international bus in which I found Saskia, during the journey, we looked at our pictures, we chatted and especially ... we slept!
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...