Best Seats

lemmytoes

Hey everyone!

So I've been wondering for a while now how to get the best positions at a gig (without allocated seats) at different types of gig.  So I was thinking we could all share our seats (or stands) and times of arrival, you know, to help out the shorter members of the MFC  :fisch:  :teehee:

Thank you  :hug:

Tbh i don't know if that makes much sense, since there's so many factors besides the arrival time. For example in paris they opened one of the 7 or 8 entrances 1-2 minutes before the others, so those who stood at this entrance had an advantage, but no one could've known this before. Or people who arrive 5mins before the doors open squeeze in last minute. It also depends on the country where the gig is, and of the amount and personal habits of fans who are travelling there. The size of the venue and the layout plays a role. For example in lokeren the crowd was divided by barriers in the center and the stage was so high that you could see better from further back. Some prefer places where they have the best view, others want to be as close as possible. Or there might be just some stupid security guy who doesn't like your face and stops you extra long for whatever reason.

I've mentioned in many of my gig reports about when i arrived and where i ended up - read them if you want, but i doubt you can set up any general rules from this info. :dunno:

• Like 1

Tbh i don't know if that makes much sense, since there's so many factors besides the arrival time. For example in paris they opened one of the 7 or 8 entrances 1-2 minutes before the others, so those who stood at this entrance had an advantage, but no one could've known this before. Or people who arrive 5mins before the doors open squeeze in last minute. It also depends on the country where the gig is, and of the amount and personal habits of fans who are travelling there. The size of the venue and the layout plays a role. For example in lokeren the crowd was divided by barriers in the center and the stage was so high that you could see better from further back. Some prefer places where they have the best view, others want to be as close as possible. Or there might be just some stupid security guy who doesn't like your face and stops you extra long for whatever reason.

I've mentioned in many of my gig reports about when i arrived and where i ended up - read them if you want, but i doubt you can set up any general rules from this info. :dunno:

Thank you for replying, I've never been to a concert or gig before so I really have no clue  :doh:  :)