2015 - MIKA @HMH, Amsterdam - 22 September : REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Kumazzz

Btw, I'm a little shocked that noone mentioned the Documentary that was being filmed in Amsterdam and Brussels? :shocked:

There was a cameraman walking around the stage, and many asked him what was up with that, and he said he was filming for a documentairy for Mika in Amsterdam and Brussels! 

I also think the little video Mika posted on his instagram is from the same guy, but I'm not sure. Anyways, both are exciting! :teehee:  :D

Edited by Maaikie...
  • Like 1

Just one where you are on, sorry :( The other is a grouppic of Mika, Rian, Navah and I (with my eyes closed as well damnit xD)

Then you should open your eyes okay, you do that all day anyway!

And yes, the video M posted was indeed for the doc.

Finally found the time to upload my photos and videos  ^_^

It's not much, but at least something!

Queuing 1

Queuing 2

Queuing 3 (I'm sorry for the thumbnail Navah! :naughty:  :teehee: )

Big Girl Intro

Talk About You Intro

Boum Boum Boum intro (A.K.A. Butt shaking :teehee:  :das: )

Boum Boum Boum translating

Grace Kelly 

Last beautiful notes of Relax  :wub:

Photos are on Facebook: 

https://www.facebook.com/annemaaikie/media_set?set=a.1068367029841179.1073741849.100000036766609&type=1

Edited by Maaikie...
  • Like 6

Btw, I'm a little shocked that noone mentioned the Documentary that was being filmed in Amsterdam and Brussels? :shocked:

There was a cameraman walking around the stage, and many asked him what was up with that, and he said he was filming for a documentairy for Mika in Amsterdam and Brussels! 

I also think the little video Mika posted on his instagram is from the same guy, but I'm not sure. Anyways, both are exciting! :teehee:  :D

Set Vexyhttp://www.setvexy.nl/uploaded a short clip to VIMEO :thumb_yello:

Teaser for Instagram.

https://vimeo.com/140247620

Filmed in Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam and Forest National, Brussels during the 2015 "Heaven" tour

Created by Set Vexy Productions

Camera: Roald Jansen & Stephan Schmidt

Assistant: JK Dibbets

Intern: Dion de Jong

• Like 1

Well, I said that I wouldn't care about reviews anymore. But this is a positive one, so that's different. :fisch:

https://musicisallwegot.wordpress.com/category/concertrecensies/

It is in dutch.  If people are interested, i can translate. But it is not anything special.  The reviewer says that  "big" is an understatement with Mika,  that he is terribly good live (and the band as well) and that people loved the show.

I'm still full of the concert myself. Read a lot about post gig depression but at the moment it's post gig euphoria with me. Is that a known phenomenon here as well?

Thanks very much for all the reports, pictures and video's of this concert and of all the other gigs. I don't like it at all when people use their camera's in front of me during concerts (or whatever other event)  because it takes away some of the magic of the moment for me. But when it concerns Mika I'm very happy with the results, so it's absolutely worth it.   :thumb_yello:

• Like 4

Well, I said that I wouldn't care about reviews anymore. But this is a positive one, so that's different. :fisch:

https://musicisallwegot.wordpress.com/category/concertrecensies/

It is in dutch. If people are interested, i can translate. But it is not anything special. The reviewer says that "big" is an understatement with Mika, that he is terribly good live (and the band as well) and that people loved the show.

I'm still full of the concert myself. Read a lot about post gig depression but at the moment it's post gig euphoria with me. Is that a known phenomenon here as well?

Thanks very much for all the reports, pictures and video's of this concert and of all the other gigs. I don't like it at all when people use their camera's in front of me during concerts (or whatever other event) because it takes away some of the magic of the moment for me. But when it concerns Mika I'm very happy with the results, so it's absolutely worth it. :thumb_yello:

Post gig euphoria, or Mika's pink cloud, is quite common... Next phase is post gig depression :/

And thanks for talking about the review :D

Edited by cathouzouf
  • Like 2

Post gig euphoria, or Mika's pink cloud, is quite common... Next phase is post gig depression :/

And thanks for talking about the review :D

oh thanks for warning me, nice prospect. :( I guess the only solution is to go to another concert then :) . I'm very keen on the Como thing.

It's going to be difficult with work and probably very stressful to get a ticket, but I'm definitely going for it.  

• Like 2

oh thanks for warning me, nice prospect. :( I guess the only solution is to go to another concert then :) . I'm very keen on the Como thing.

It's going to be difficult with work and probably very stressful to get a ticket, but I'm definitely going for it.  

The best solution to avoid PMD is indeed to go to another gig, but if you can't go, we always have the Post Mika Depression thread: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/17235-do-you-suffer-from-pmd-post-mika-depression/page-1

I hope you're able to go to the Como concert. I was at the montreal shows and they were amazing. Good luck. I'm crossing my fingers for you. :crossed:

• Like 2

Well, let me say;

This was one of the best gigs I've ever been to! Mika was very chatty, and incredible happy! Also proud fit's with it. 

The queuing wasn't bad at all, saw a lot of people I have known since 2009 so I was happily surprised! Also saw a couple of people I knew online, and finally got the chance to meet them! 

The rain was cold, but the mood overall was very good in the queue. 

We got the numbers pretty well organized, so at least 1 till 40 got in line at their places, but getting in was a bit chaotic since everyone started running (even though the venue security told us NOT to :naughty:) Didn't look at the merch because I was gonna buy that the day after in Brussels :thumb_yello: (I have the long sweater now, without the hood, and I LOVE IT<3, it was 50 euros yikes!)

We ran to the stage, first I was first row, but all the way to the left, and after that I decided to go a bit more to the middle and stood 2nd row. Sadly, my mom stayed on the left side with some other friendzies, but I was with the other half of the group on that new spot.

The support act was okay.. Not my cup of tea, singer was kind of bad xD

But when Mika came, BOOM! Energy was flowing E-VERY-WHERE! 

Mika was glad to be back in Amsterdam, and the crowd was happy to see him again! Big Girl was a big party and I even had space to jump all night! (I left my bag in front of my feet, so I had to stand back a little which gave me more space in front of me) 

Also, because I was 2nd row, Mika looked a lot at the faces that were there, including mine and my friends', and I can't help it, but everytime (when you think) he looks you in the eyes, it just takes my breath away! :swoon:

Talk about you was a lot of fun as well, singing along was ofcourse easy and he also let the crowd sing some bits here and there.

But then... BOUM BOUM BOUM! The crowd got hot! Haha!

Loved the little translating bit, simply adorable to watch :wub:  Also recognized the girl from queuing. 

Mika shaking his butt made everything even better xD

Grace kelly started off reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyyyyyy sloooooooooooooooooooow which I loved. Very sexy and indeed Jessica Rabbit'like. And I loved it even more when the crowd finished the chorus. Mika was surprised by that haha! I was also glad that he was still singing Grace Kelly.

remember the first dvd? Where Mika said 'I wonder if I'll ever not sing Grace Kelly at a gig?' The cameraman asked: 'will you?' and Mika giggled 'no!',

Well that! I thought of that at that moment.

and I was glad to finally sing along with all my might, since I couldn't at Paul de Leeuw's recordings.

talking about Paul! It cracked me up when Paul came on stage! How I love how close both of them are!  :)  Makes me so glad to see that!

Annnnddd, when they sang 'When will I see you again...?' and Paul said 'In a year?' and Mika responded 'A year?!' 

That gave me hope for maybe a christmas version of Paul's show? :teehee:

Relax and Rain were both a big big party, with lots of jumping and singing, Happy Ending made me cry...

I had to think of Laurel..  :crybaby: And her mom.. Rest in peace..

At the encore, Last Party made me tear up as well, because I realised the moment I was in. I grabbed Navah at 'Wrap your arms around everybody' and we sang both together to the song. 

Then Lollipop started! I was happily surprised about that! I was afraid he wasn't going to sing it, but thankfully he did!! :cheer:

After the gig we waited outside for Mika to come. It was a BIIIIG mess! People were not standing in line, so my mom and a friend started telling everyone to stand in line, or else Mika wasn't going to sign anything and leave like that.

finally people were in line, but turned out, we were waiting at the wrong door!! xD

Then we figured out where Mika would get out, and we waited there, and tahdah! everyone immediatly stood in line!

Mika finally came out in the car (with his two lovely doggies in the back) and he also got out to sign stuff, he didn't speak much, wich I also did expect, and he signed my photo from 2012 in Brussels when I was in the choir :)

It was an amazing night, and I'm still tired of those 3 days and 2 gigs, and I'm also sick now xD But it was worth it!

• Like 5

The best solution to avoid PMD is indeed to go to another gig, but if you can't go, we always have the Post Mika Depression thread: http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/17235-do-you-suffer-from-pmd-post-mika-depression/page-1

I hope you're able to go to the Como concert. I was at the montreal shows and they were amazing. Good luck. I'm crossing my fingers for you. :crossed:

Yes, I wanted to go to Montreal as well. But I'd just discovered Mika about  a couple of months before the announcement of those concerts. So it seemed too difficult and weird to go then. But I'm hooked now. :wub:

The only thing I'm worried about  (I'm the worrying type) is that the Como concert is right after a very intensive touring period. I'm not sure that his voice can take it. But I guess I'd better trust his decision to do the concert at that time. It will be great to listen to his song played by a whole orchesta anyway. And I'm dying to hear "In any other world" live so only that experience will be worth the trip.

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 1

Ah yes! I forgot about that!

When Mika talked about his set, that it was made by Studio Job, I was the one (while everyone was silent and listening) saying REALLY loud 'WOW!!'  :lmfao: I didn't know the lamp was made by Studio Job, but I have learned about them last year with Art History, so I was suprised to hear that name hahaha!

• Like 1

Ah yes! I forgot about that!

When Mika talked about his set, that it was made by Studio Job, I was the one (while everyone was silent and listening) saying REALLY loud 'WOW!!'  :lmfao: I didn't know the lamp was made by Studio Job, but I have learned about them last year with Art History, so I was suprised to hear that name hahaha!

I'm totally off topic now ... but do you remember this car made by Studio Job: 

115643-42cf8c42-9b2b-4fc2-9d63-0e5d0cb16

Job Smeets was in a Dutch tv show a few years (?) ago (I don't remember which show) and he told the host that Mika had told him he wanted to use this car in his shows. I guess the car made place for a caravan.  :naughty:

Edited by DutchAnnie
  • Like 2