2015 - MIKA @HMH, Amsterdam - 22 September : REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Kumazzz

My report of the gig day

Days before the concert I was already nervous: which train to take, what time to leave home, which route to the hotel, etc. And of course, nervous to see and hear Mika again!

I booked a bed in the all female ‘hostelle’ in Amsterdam. I heard about this hostelle on the MFC, a lot more fans would stay there so that would be perfect for me. (And it was!)

Tuesday morning I left my province Drenthe and headed for Amsterdam. The journey went alright and quite fast. I had a screenshot on my phone of the walking route from the train station to the female ‘hostelle’. But unfortunately the first sentence was: ‘walk in south western direction’. Due to me being in idiot I went the wrong way! After about half an hour of walking on and about with a heated face and inner swearing at myself I decided to walk back to the station and start over. That worked and within 10 minutes I arrived at the hostelle, phfew!

I freshened up and went to the HMH. There was a queue but not a long one. Jolanda gave me my ticket (she bought it for me in the presale of the MFC) and she gave me a number (54) hoping it would give us earlier entry later that night.

The weather wasn’t very good but luckily I brought a disposable raincoat.

I met lots of great people. Some I already knew, met in real life or/and on the MFC, and some new people. That made the queuing very nice and fun.

At the bag-check after checking my ticket I had to dispose of my last (!) package of orange juice, it was a very small package, stupid HMH-people. I was só thirsty after the concert...:(

I got a really good spot: third row and completely in the middle. I also had enough space to move and dance/jump.

The support act was nice, but I couldn’t understand a word the singer was singer: he almost ate the microphone. And he looked like Mika, at least for the first five seconds ;)

Up until the performance of the Citizens I was asking myself: “what am I doing here? You’re 46, this is not the way to behave on this age...”

But the second Mika came on stage I knew why I was at the HMH: the complete ‘Mika fan-ness’ was back! I love this singer with his great lyrics, fantastic music and really enthusiastic way of performing! I was so happy for being there! And I am sure I will be at his next concert in the Netherlands! (Hopefully it won’t take too long for him to return...)

I felt sad for Mika while hearing the lyrics of No Place in Heaven; I loved The Good Wife, Good Guys and Last Party. I was very happy to hear the ‘old’ songs as Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Happy Ending etc.

I found it a very energetic performance, Mika was clearly happy and sweet. I didn’t feel any negative ambiance.

After it ended and we all went outside, we went to the bar across from the HMH to drink a large glass of coke. We were really thirsty! Then, quick quick, we ran to the backdoor of the HMH and the waiting for Mika began. It was not as crowded as the last time. Once in a while someone came out the door telling us Mika wouldn’t come or that he had already left. We, of course, didn’t believe that!J

And finally, after a long wait, there he was. He came out of the car, made his round to all the fans, signing and being photographed. Robin (who I met in the queue) gave her wonderful Mika-birdhouse to him (and I filmed it for her).

I walked to the hostelle with Patricia and Annemiek. Took a shower and went to bed. Sleeping was difficult even when I was very tired, due to the exciting gig!

At 7’o clock someone’s alarm rang and it awake me so that after an hour I got up and left the hostelle.

Heading back home, singing all the concert songs in my head. Tired, but overall: HAPPY!

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra
  • Like 4

Here are the first of my 7 videos. Will try to post the rest tonight.

Also, here's the link to my photos on Facebook as I haven't had time to upload them elsewhere. 

Hope you enjoy! x

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153607594696226.1073741885.673876225&type=1&l=5603be4f36

• Like 3

Here are the first of my 7 videos. Will try to post the rest tonight.

Also, here's the link to my photos on Facebook as I haven't had time to upload them elsewhere. 

Hope you enjoy! x

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153607594696226.1073741885.673876225&type=1&l=5603be4f36

Your photos are awesome !!! Thanks a lot for sharing. :wub:

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

My report of the gig day

Days before the concert I was already nervous: which train to take, what time to leave home, which route to the hotel, etc. And of course, nervous to see and hear Mika again!

I booked a bed in the all female ‘hostelle’ in Amsterdam. I heard about this hostelle on the MFC, a lot more fans would stay there so that would be perfect for me. (And it was!)

Tuesday morning I left my province Drenthe and headed for Amsterdam. The journey went alright and quite fast. I had a screenshot on my phone of the walking route from the train station to the female ‘hostelle’. But unfortunately the first sentence was: ‘walk in south western direction’. Due to me being in idiot I went the wrong way! After about half an hour of walking on and about with a heated face and inner swearing at myself I decided to walk back to the station and start over. That worked and within 10 minutes I arrived at the hostelle, phfew!

I freshened up and went to the HMH. There was a queue but not a long one. Jolanda gave me my ticket (she bought it for me in the presale of the MFC) and she gave me a number (54) hoping it would give us earlier entry later that night.

The weather wasn’t very good but luckily I brought a disposable raincoat.

I met lots of great people. Some I already knew, met in real life or/and on the MFC, and some new people. That made the queuing very nice and fun.

At the bag-check after checking my ticket I had to dispose of my last (!) package of orange juice, it was a very small package, stupid HMH-people. I was só thirsty after the concert... :(

I got a really good spot: third row and completely in the middle. I also had enough space to move and dance/jump.

The support act was nice, but I couldn’t understand a word the singer was singer: he almost ate the microphone. And he looked like Mika, at least for the first five seconds ;)

Up until the performance of the Citizens I was asking myself: “what am I doing here? You’re 46, this is not the way to behave on this age...”

But the second Mika came on stage I knew why I was at the HMH: the complete ‘Mika fan-ness’ was back! I love this singer with his great lyrics, fantastic music and really enthusiastic way of performing! I was so happy for being there! And I am sure I will be at his next concert in the Netherlands! (Hopefully it won’t take too long for him to return...)

I felt sad for Mika while hearing the lyrics of No Place in Heaven; I loved The Good Wife, Good Guys and Last Party. I was very happy to hear the ‘old’ songs as Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Happy Ending etc.

I found it a very energetic performance, Mika was clearly happy and sweet. I didn’t feel any negative ambiance.

After it ended and we all went outside, we went to the bar across from the HMH to drink a large glass of coke. We were really thirsty! Then, quick quick, we ran to the backdoor of the HMH and the waiting for Mika began. It was not as crowded as the last time. Once in a while someone came out the door telling us Mika wouldn’t come or that he had already left. We, of course, didn’t believe that!J

And finally, after a long wait, there he was. He came out of the car, made his round to all the fans, signing and being photographed. Robin (who I met in the queue) gave her wonderful Mika-birdhouse to him (and I filmed it for her).

I walked to the hostelle with Patricia and Annemiek. Took a shower and went to bed. Sleeping was difficult even when I was very tired, due to the exciting gig!

At 7’o clock someone’s alarm rang and it awake me so that after an hour I got up and left the hostelle.

Heading back home, singing all the concert songs in my head. Tired, but overall: HAPPY!

Hahahaaa :naughty: I was thinking the EXACT same thing there! And turns out you are exactly the same age as well :wink2: 

During the gig I feel really really young...but a few days later when the adrenaline is gone...I feel like an 80 year old :naughty: 

Oh well...who cares....it's so much fun :wink2: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping this thread up, but I was wondering something;

I remember seeing some people walking around filming the whole concert (I think the one in Brussels to)

Does anyone actually know what happened with that footage? Will there be a dvd or something? I'm curious! :P

When we asked the cameraman (who was pretty annoying, filming me and my friends all the time saying "I need to film beautiful girls" ???? (yeah well you're being heavy and you're hiding the stage from me with your bloody camera, thank you)) he told us he was filming "for a TV documentary". Sounded weird but that's what he told us. And yes they were filming in Brussels too, if I remember he filmed the whole show in Brussels and a mix of the show and the audience in Amsterdam (and I kinda yelled at him in the middle of the gig when he began to put his camera in my face again in Brussels Xd)

When we asked the cameraman (who was pretty annoying, filming me and my friends all the time saying "I need to film beautiful girls" (yeah well you're being heavy and you're hiding the stage from me with your bloody camera, thank you)) he told us he was filming "for a TV documentary". Sounded weird but that's what he told us. And yes they were filming in Brussels too, if I remember he filmed the whole show in Brussels and a mix of the show and the audience in Amsterdam (and I kinda yelled at him in the middle of the gig when he began to put his camera in my face again in Brussels Xd)

How rude! :huh:

Very nice tv documentary then.. I can't remember that anyone else has metioned that they've seen it :aah:

• 1 month later...

For the people who waited outside, I'm the girl who gave mika a red dotted box, inside was a birdhouse and I simply am so thankful for mika and you guys! I had a wonderful evening as my first mika concert and I'm still crying how sweet you all were, thank you <3

• Like 1

• silver changed the title to 2015 - MIKA @HMH, Amsterdam - 22 September : REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS