2015 - Komplex 457, Zurich - SWITZERLAND 26 September : REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

It was my and my friend's first Mika concert yesterday and I can say that I loved it!

It was badly organised for the tickets and we were a bit worried about that at first, but once we got in I forgot about everything. We were around 6 meters away from the stage, which was way closer that I imagined I would be.;) I was sad also because they didn't let me take in my camera. I don't understand why.

I can say that I quite liked a pre group, though he was songing quite. Or his microphone was too quite. When they finished, baloons started flying all over the front part of the room and it was really beautiful to look at it. And it made waiting a bit more fun.

Now to Mika.

The moment he stepped on stage, you could feel the wave of energy and I couldn't take my eyes off him. His voice was really good! Better in person than on CD which is not what I'm used too with others. The only thing that bothered me is that he spoke a lot in french, so I had no idea what it was about.

During happy ending he steppped away from he microphone and showed us to be quiet. As there was silence, he sang a bit without the mic.:D He sang it with son many emotions and his voice just hit you. It was my favourite part of the concert.

As my phone battery is really low, I will finish with the thought that this wasn't my last Mika concert. :D

P.S.: Lunari and Cassilda it was nice to meet you :)

• Like 4

Good gig, 2 fans on stage, quick "m&g" (just signing, no talking). Funny story about how he wrote happy ending - and the end of that acoustic without mic again! :wub2: More when i'm home, gotta catch my bus now. ;)

• Like 1

Good gig, 2 fans on stage, quick "m&g" (just signing, no talking). Funny story about how he wrote happy ending - and the end of that acoustic without mic again! :wub2: More when i'm home, gotta catch my bus now. ;)

I would love to hear the story about Happy Ending!

Do you know if there is a video anywhere? :naughty:

It was my and my friend's first Mika concert yesterday and I can say that I loved it!

It was badly organised for the tickets and we were a bit worried about that at first, but once we got in I forgot about everything. We were around 6 meters away from the stage, which was way closer that I imagined I would be. ;) I was sad also because they didn't let me take in my camera. I don't understand why.

I can say that I quite liked a pre group, though he was songing quite. Or his microphone was too quite. When they finished, baloons started flying all over the front part of the room and it was really beautiful to look at it. And it made waiting a bit more fun.

Now to Mika.

The moment he stepped on stage, you could feel the wave of energy and I couldn't take my eyes off him. His voice was really good! Better in person than on CD which is not what I'm used too with others. The only thing that bothered me is that he spoke a lot in french, so I had no idea what it was about.

During happy ending he steppped away from he microphone and showed us to be quiet. As there was silence, he sang a bit without the mic. :D He sang it with son many emotions and his voice just hit you. It was my favourite part of the concert.

As my phone battery is really low, I will finish with the thought that this wasn't my last Mika concert. :D

:D I couldn't take my eyes off him too, when I saw him in july :D ... I know that feeling

I would love to hear the story about Happy Ending!

Do you know if there is a video anywhere? :naughty:

I think i filmed it, but gotta look through my vids first to make sure. Not today, going to bed early to try and catch up on the sleep i missed this weekend. :aah: but it was sth like that he only had the chorus at first and wrote the verses very quickly in a few minutes, because he only had half an hour to finish and record the song. So he said the verses don't make any sense really. :naughty:

Actually i think some of the verses make very much sense - while now that he said it i agree that some others don't. :teehee: but the lines "if i pretend that nothing ever went wrong, i can get to my sleep, i can think that we just carried on" is something i've felt too after a breakup, so they certainly make sense.

I think i filmed it, but gotta look through my vids first to make sure. Not today, going to bed early to try and catch up on the sleep i missed this weekend. :aah: but it was sth like that he only had the chorus at first and wrote the verses very quickly in a few minutes, because he only had half an hour to finish and record the song. So he said the verses don't make any sense really. :naughty:

Actually i think some of the verses make very much sense - while now that he said it i agree that some others don't. :teehee: but the lines "if i pretend that nothing ever went wrong, i can get to my sleep, i can think that we just carried on" is something i've felt too after a breakup, so they certainly make sense.

I hope someone filmed that :) I would reallly wish to see it again :D

Haha, Mika would make sense even if he was sleep-talking  :naughty:

My thoughts about the concert:

- First the bad parts: I thought the whole thing was organised terribly. Those of us who bought the tickets via See Tickets (which I will never do again if I can help it) had a lot of problems getting them. When the doors opened, there was supposed to be a separate queue for the people without tickets, but it all turned into a mess. It didn't help that some fans were really pushy and a lot of people who came in the late afternoon ended up entering the venue before people who had been queuing since the morning. The security guys were no help at all and couldn't even confirm whether we were waiting in the right line.

- After the ticket nightmare, I did still manage to get a decent place not too far from the stage (although there was a really tall guy in front of me, and some annoying and pushy people next to me).

- But let's get to the good parts, which can basically be summed up in one word: Mika! :) The concert itself was great. It was my second show of his (after Paris last week), and while the first one will obviously always remain more special, this one was amazing as well.

- Like others, I loved the acoustic version of Happy Ending.  :wub:

- A boy from the audience threw a hand held puppet on stage, and Mika obviously loved it. He "duetted" with it on Boum Boum Boum (after asking the boy who had thrown it to join him on stage) and brought it out two more times later, including his and the band's final bow to the audience. :)

- He wasn't sure whether to speak in English or French (and asking the audience didn't help, because he got an enthusiastic response for both languages), so he ended up using both. When telling a story about his first gig, he actually told about half of it in English and half in French. :P (I'm surprised he didn't use any Italian, because it seemed like there were a lot of Italian people there.)

- I really loved the performance of Promiseland (and he didn't even mess up this time!). However, it seemed like a lot of people next to me didn't even know the song, which was a little surprising (because they certainly seemed enthusiastic about all the other songs).

- After the gig, there were a lot of people waiting for Mika. First someone brought out the first dog (not sure if it was Amira or Melachi), to which everyone "oooohed", and took her to the car. Then came the second dog (eveyone "oooohed" again), and then Mika. He didn't talk, but signed quite a lot of things. I wasn't going to try to get anything signed, because he had already signed my CD cover in Paris, so I was just trying to get a closer look at him -- which was almost impossible because of the crowd. :P But a little further away, past his car, there weren't as many people, so I finally decided to stand there. There was no way to know if he would even come there (or just get into the car once he reached it). But he did! So I got to see him really up close, I said "Great show!", and he signed my ticket (which I did have ready, just in case)!  :wub:

- It was also really great to see some people I had first met in Paris, and to meet some new ones. :)

All in all, despite some annoyances, it was another amazing experience!

It was nice meeting you too, and I'm glad you enjoyed the concert so much. :)

• Like 3

Yes, that's what I recall him saying as well. At first (when he started talking about having just the chorus, which he loved, and having to write the verses really quickly) we still didn't know which song he was talking about. He then said that some people tell him that the verses do make sense, "but those people are obviously much smarter than me, because I still think they make no ******* sense". ;)

Anyway, if I had to guess which song he was talking about, I would probably never guess it was Happy Ending, because he has some songs where the verses make a lot less sense to me. :P I actually really love the part "If anything should happen, I guess I wish you well, a little bit of heaven, but a little bit of hell". So, I don't know about other people being smarter than him, but I do think he's not always the best judge of his own work. ;)

• Like 2

I hope someone filmed that :) I would reallly wish to see it again :D

Here it is:

;) ... and also the acoustic bit without a mic at the end of the song:

...currently uploading a few of my zurich vids, but i'm at my mum's pc which is slow, so it's taking ages.

• Like 6

Bonjour! Je ai eu la chance d'assisteur la fille au concert de Mika à Zurich. Ce est vrai que l'organisation à l'entrée POUR LES BILLETS Était mauvaise. Mais on oublie tout when Mika arrive sur scène !! Merci à la Personne qui a partagé sur YouTube moment magique CE Quand Mika chante A Capela Happy Ending !! A la sortie, je ai Été très anxieuse de voir Que Mika ne PARLAIT pas, lui si bavard !! Je ai pu Avoir un autographe sur mon tee-shirt! Trop contente! Je ai de suite Laissé ma place voiture les ventilateurs ÉTAIENT Nombreuses Vouloir à la signature de juin. Je ai Quelques photos du concert Mais je-ne-pas de commenter les ISC ENCORE Mettre sur le site. Je Vais Chercher to see commentaire. Mais si Une personne Pouvait me aider je serai très contente !! Mon prochain concert jeudi à Lyon et ensuite direction Londres! En tout cas je ai un bon souvenir de Cette Journée où je ai Rencontre des ventilateurs formidables! 

2 more of my videos:

Mika and his exploding confetti piano, plus intro Lollipop (I'd love to know what he talks there, could someone translate please? Especially in the end, after someone in the crowd shouts, I don't understand a word but it seems to be pretty funny :naughty:)

Funny intro for Love Today, where Mika uses the handpuppet he had been given earlier to annoy his guitarist :teehee:

I'll upload the rest of the vids tomorrow.

• Like 6

Here it is:

;) ... and also the acoustic bit without a mic at the end of the song:

...currently uploading a few of my zurich vids, but i'm at my mum's pc which is slow, so it's taking ages.

Thank youuuu! :wub::fangurl:

• Like 1

2 more of my videos:

Mika and his exploding confetti piano, plus intro Lollipop (I'd love to know what he talks there, could someone translate please? Especially in the end, after someone in the crowd shouts, I don't understand a word but it seems to be pretty funny :naughty:)

https://youtu.be/thEOPRsVI4c

Funny intro for Love Today, where Mika uses the handpuppet he had been given earlier to annoy his guitarist :teehee:

https://youtu.be/t9ZeGDoY5gw

I'll upload the rest of the vids tomorrow.

He says that he can't hear what the guy said because he bang his head. And that thinking of it, it's the perfect excuse for not hearing what someone says.

• Like 4

Here's the rest of my vids:

No Place in Heaven

talk before Big Girl

talk & intro GK

Boum Boum Boum

Promiseland (sorry quite shaky)

start of OOL

talk before EMD

Mika dancing with fan on stage

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • silver changed the title to 2015 - Komplex 457, Zurich - SWITZERLAND 26 September : REPORTS/PICS/VIDS