2015 - Nelson Mandela Forum, Florence - 30 September - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

:thumb_yello: Thank you so much for your great reports ladies!! :hug:  I love all your describing details from the concert Vv, and your pics are fantastic Saskia!!   :) Thanks also to Eriko for everything you share here - you're fantastic, as always...  :wub:

Love,love

me

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay - I've taken advantage of the concert to make a vacation in the wonderful Florence :wub:

It was really an amazing concert! I'm so happy to have lived two gigs in four days: sunday Assago and wednesday Florence! Really a dream for me :fangurl:

While in Assago I was seated far to the stage, in Florence I was in a great position and I could enjoy the gig so well!! :wub:

The setlist was almost the same to Assago, with two differences: he didn't sing L'amour fait ce qu'il veut and as latest song he replaced Lollipop with Over my shoulder!! :excite:

It was the first time I heard this song live and it was so magic... only Mika and his piano. All the audience was totally captured, I can't describe how moving this moment was. Thank you Mika! :swoon: I was going to the concert with my friend; she isn't a Mika fan (but she appreciates him) and at the end she was really impressed and she told me that she was in ecstasy all the time! She has particularly appreciated Over my shoulder :mikalove:

During the concert Mika tell us one sentence that really touched me: "You give me a heart more strong and more tolerant" :wub::tears:

Unfortunately after the concert many people had a bad behaviour: as soon as they saw Mika going out, they gone crazy and the crowd rounded the car, knocking at the car's windows and screaming... I've never seen similar scenes! :sneaky2: Mika wanted to stay with us but he couldn't and he had to run away in the car! I'm so sad that he had to saw this shameful mess :(

This is a pic I took during the gig:

CQaMfxBWUAAP9yV.jpg

Edited by ~TheLoveYouBreathe
  • Like 3

yes, and generally artists who attract also a younger audience have people with crazy behaviour .... IMHO is good to see many people of every age being enthusiastic about his music and gigs, but if they go so crazy, it's worse for everyone... maybe if they stayed quite he would have stopped... and maybe the security should expect their craziness and organize them behind barriers when Mika is going to come out 

:) Imo, all kind of normal enthusiasm during his concerts, like singing, dancing etc is very good and supporting.  But when people "attack" his car afterwards, and try to stop him - or "force him"  to give attention, I think it's just crazy - and it must also feels scary for him... :mf_rosetinted:

Love,love

me 

It's not only scary, it's dangerous. I felt so embarrassed and sorry for what was happening that I wished I could leave, but when he passed by in his car I saw he was looking out and waving so I waved back. But believe me, I'd have preferred not to be seen in such a shameful occasion

I totally agree with you all that the normal enthusiasm during his concerts, like singing, dancing etc is very good and supporting, but throw the bra on stage, during Origin Of Love, or scream "I love you", "You are bono (a coarse word meaning hot)!" “Marry me!” during songs like “Last Party” or “Over My Sholder” (or also during the press conference of “The Prophet” in Paris) is annoying and a totally inappropriate and immature behaviour. It seems to me like that they aren't interested in Mika as singer/artist and his songs - for them he can sing even just "quack quack quack" and it's the same thing :sneaky2: - but only to his physical appearance. Obviously, it’s just my opinion.

But fortunately there are all the other fans who appreciate what he does and participate without being rude!  :)

Edited by charlie20
  • Like 4

I totally agree with you all that the normal enthusiasm during his concerts, like singing, dancing etc is very good and supporting, but throw the bra on stage, during Origin Of Love, or scream "I love you", "You are bono (a coarse word meaning hot)!" “Marry me!” during songs like “Last Party” or “Over My Sholder” (or also during the press conference of “The Prophet” in Paris) is annoying and a totally inappropriate and immature behaviour. It seems to me like that they aren't interested in Mika as singer/artist and his songs - for them he can sing even just "quack quack quack" and it's the same thing :sneaky2: - but only to his physical appearance. Obviously, it’s just my opinion.

But fortunately there are all the other fans who appreciate what he does and participate without being rude!  :)

:naughty: "Quack quack quack" - I'm afraid you're very right -  people with such behaviour as you describe,  really don't have the right focus towards MIKA,  and what he stands for, or all the good messages he puts in his songs  ;) It's just embarrasing, and quite sad... :doh: 

Love,love

me 

• Like 1

:naughty: "Quack quack quack" - I'm afraid you're very right -  people with such behaviour as you describe,  really don't have the right focus towards MIKA,  and what he stands for, or all the good messages he puts in his songs  ;) It's just embarrasing, and quite sad... :doh:

Love,love

me 

there was one girl acting like that next to me and I thought I could tell her to stop because it's just stupid, but then I chose to mind of my own business  :fisch: I remember few little girls screaming in the same way 3 years ago, when there wasn't Xfactor to blame to have brought stupid behaviours, but now... it's a lot, and they can be really dangerous, like the scene with Mika's car  :doh:

There's not much to add to what it's already been said about the gig and what happened afterwards, but I'd like to share my report too. 

Florence was exausting. The night before I had slept (badly) only a few hours but the excitement for my second concert kept me awake enough to drag myself around. Sarah and I arrived at the train station at about 2 pm after a two hour trip from Rome where we were for the previous gig and headed for the b&b or whatever it was where we had our room booked for the night. We waited for the bus and when it arrived, first thing we noticed was the big Mika poster on the side, it was the only bus we had seen to have that, what a coincidence. Anyway, we got off at the wrong stop or maybe the GPS just wanted to mess with us, because we had to walk way too long to reach the b&b. Not to mention the wind. My God, the wind... But, you know, we are young, we are strong and we eventually made it to our room. Just a little loo break and out we went again. We spent some time in a bar where I was about to fall asleep, then we headed for the forum to check how things were going. It was supposed to be a short walk but of course we took the wrong road and the GPS made us wandering around half of the town just to bring us back to where we were 15 mins before. It was about 5 pm when we got there and there was already a huge queue, we briefly talked to Saskia and Myriam and walked back to meet with Chy, Vv and some friends of hers. We chatted a bit and then we headed again for the forum together, where we spilt because we had to enter from different gates. Our seats were a bit farer than in Rome, but we had a better view of the stage and I even found Mika in a better mood than the day before. But the audience... how can I describe it? It was embarassing to say the least, people wouldn't allow us to stand up and dance (again), it was worse than in Rome, everytime we tried to get up they would complain, the only one who knew all the lyrics by heart was a little kid behind us, the rest of them woldn't even hum any of the songs. Mika tried so hard to interact with the audience but there were a few times when my jaw would drop with disappointment. The only moments when people were really part of the show was during Underwater, when they turned on their phone lights and followed Mika's directions and during Love Today, when he explicitly asked everyone to stand up and jump. It was such a shame, not only they weren't really part of the party but also didn't allow others to have a blast. I tried to enjoy every moment of it as much as I could and when I recognised the first notes of Over My Shoulder, I teared up a bit. It's one of the songs that gets me very emotional and it was so unexpected and beautifully sung that I'll never forget its magic, just like I'll never forget when he sang Any Other World in Milan in June, which was as much beautiful and unexpected. When it was over, we went to meet with some of the others and chatted a bit, we even took a pic with the Citizens! (thanks Saskia for sharing it!) and then we went to wait for Mika. I don't wanna add much to what I have already said about what happened, it was a mess, it was shameful, it was dangerous, some people went completely nuts and although I'm sad he didn't stop, I can't blame him. He was way too kind to even have his phone light on to let people see him. Anyway, after he left, Sarah and I stayed a little longer to chat with two friends of hers and what happened later was totally unexpected, it was a day full of pleasant surprises. One guy from the Citizens! approached us to ask whether we knew a bar nearby, we told him there was one still open right around the corner and when he came back with the full band, they asked us if we wanted to join them, so we did. I know this isn't Mika related, but I'd like to spend a few words to talk about them, because they were really sweet. We got in the bar, they offered to pay for our drinks and while some of them mostly chatted by themselves, the singer and the guitarist spent the whole time talking to us. They asked us if we were part of an official fan club and kept asking about Mika. They wanted to know more and more about him, which surprised me a lot, I told them about the poster accident happend in August and how that concert had a different meaning for him and that was probably why he decided to sing Over My Shoulder in the end, we talked a bit about the Subtitling Team and the singer had that amazed face, he told us we're really dedicated fans and I had the impression he was a bit sorry they don't have the same fandom, because he soon after told me they love Italy and would love to come back here with their own tour but they're afraid they're not known enough here to sell. We talked about music, soccer, food, language and many other things and when we left at 2 am, they hugged and kissed us, asked us if we had a place to stay overnight and told us to stay safe. They thanked us for being so friendly and told us Mika fans are an amazing big family. We then called a taxi and went back to our room. As I said, Florence was exausting but it was totally worth it.

• Like 10

Grazie Alyara - I love your new report with more details!  :hug: It's so lively and well written!  :) I know what you talk about, when MIKA started to perform "Over my shoulder" - I was breathless myself, back in 2010, and luckily this performance from Oslo is still on Youtube.  It's such a wonderful song live - the same with "Any other world" -  both these songs were among my favs. during the tour.  I will never forget it either, dear memories! :wub:  :fisch:

So funny to read about your experience with Citizens - and how well you promoted "our MIKA" - I'm proud of you!! :wub: The pic that Saskia shared is lovely!  Can I ask "who are you" - on  the photo?  I "know" the three ladies in front + Saskia and Lasher, the girl with flower in her hair has to be Vv acc.to her report.  So you must be either the one in blue jeans, or the girl with glasses?  Would be funny to know... :wink2: 

Love,love

me 

• Like 1

Alyara, that was such a nice end to the day for you :hug:  It's interesting that the band wanted to know all about Mika

It was! Especially because they were really nice to us, they seemed really interested in Mika and as I said it's something that surprised me, you would expect them to promote themselves at least a bit, but they never talked about themselves, they only asked about Mika and about us and we had a chat about random things and even laughed a bit. And I even have to say the show doesn't really do justice to their songs, I listened to some of them on You Tube and they're nice.

Grazie Alyara - I love your new report with more details!  :hug: It's so lively and well written!  :) I know what you talk about, when MIKA started to perform "Over my shoulder" - I was breathless myself, back in 2010, and luckily this performance from Oslo is still on Youtube.  It's such a wonderful song live - the same with "Any other world" -  both these songs were among my favs. during the tour.  I will never forget it either, dear memories! :wub:  :fisch:

So funny to read about your experience with Citizens - and how well you promoted "our MIKA" - I'm proud of you!! :wub: The pic that Saskia shared is lovely!  Can I ask "who are you" - on  the photo?  I "know" the three ladies in front + Saskia and Lasher, the girl with flower in her hair has to be Vv acc.to her report.  So you must be either the one in blue jeans, or the girl with glasses?  Would be funny to know... :wink2: 

Love,love

me

Aw thanks. Well, it wasn't that hard to promote him, they kept asking and I could talk about him for hours XD And to answer your question, I'm the curly girl on the far right, the one with the flowers and the plastic bag

• Like 3

Interesting they asked so much about Mika. They didn't realise he was so famous or has such a great MFC?

Well, the conversation started with Tom (the singer) asking us about the fan club and I kept talking about Mika a bit, then he said he'd love to learn Italian as he already speaks French and Spanish and of course we had to say Mika does too and that's when I told him about the subs team, then someone talked about Over My Shoulder and as they saw us fangirling over that song, I explained it's unusual for him to sing that one and that he probably did so in Florence because of the poster accident... so yeah, well... Mika was brought up in the conversation quite often and they seemed very interested and asked some questions, such as if he is so famous here and in France thanks to the tv shows because in England he was huge at the beginning but not so much now, they were curious to know some things we mentioned while speaking about him. I had imagined they had had the chance to talk to him a bit, since they're on tour together but I'm not so sure anymore. Sure thing is they like him. Basically, they're turning Mika fans into Citizens fans and we turned Citizens into Mika fans XD

• Like 4

There's not much to add to what it's already been said about the gig and what happened afterwards, but I'd like to share my report too. 

Florence was exausting. The night before I had slept (badly) only a few hours but the excitement for my second concert kept me awake enough to drag myself around. Sarah and I arrived at the train station at about 2 pm after a two hour trip from Rome where we were for the previous gig and headed for the b&b or whatever it was where we had our room booked for the night. We waited for the bus and when it arrived, first thing we noticed was the big Mika poster on the side, it was the only bus we had seen to have that, what a coincidence. Anyway, we got off at the wrong stop or maybe the GPS just wanted to mess with us, because we had to walk way too long to reach the b&b. Not to mention the wind. My God, the wind... But, you know, we are young, we are strong and we eventually made it to our room. Just a little loo break and out we went again. We spent some time in a bar where I was about to fall asleep, then we headed for the forum to check how things were going. It was supposed to be a short walk but of course we took the wrong road and the GPS made us wandering around half of the town just to bring us back to where we were 15 mins before. It was about 5 pm when we got there and there was already a huge queue, we briefly talked to Saskia and Myriam and walked back to meet with Chy, Vv and some friends of hers. We chatted a bit and then we headed again for the forum together, where we spilt because we had to enter from different gates. Our seats were a bit farer than in Rome, but we had a better view of the stage and I even found Mika in a better mood than the day before. But the audience... how can I describe it? It was embarassing to say the least, people wouldn't allow us to stand up and dance (again), it was worse than in Rome, everytime we tried to get up they would complain, the only one who knew all the lyrics by heart was a little kid behind us, the rest of them woldn't even hum any of the songs. Mika tried so hard to interact with the audience but there were a few times when my jaw would drop with disappointment. The only moments when people were really part of the show was during Underwater, when they turned on their phone lights and followed Mika's directions and during Love Today, when he explicitly asked everyone to stand up and jump. It was such a shame, not only they weren't really part of the party but also didn't allow others to have a blast. I tried to enjoy every moment of it as much as I could and when I recognised the first notes of Over My Shoulder, I teared up a bit. It's one of the songs that gets me very emotional and it was so unexpected and beautifully sung that I'll never forget its magic, just like I'll never forget when he sang Any Other World in Milan in June, which was as much beautiful and unexpected. When it was over, we went to meet with some of the others and chatted a bit, we even took a pic with the Citizens! (thanks Saskia for sharing it!) and then we went to wait for Mika. I don't wanna add much to what I have already said about what happened, it was a mess, it was shameful, it was dangerous, some people went completely nuts and although I'm sad he didn't stop, I can't blame him. He was way too kind to even have his phone light on to let people see him. Anyway, after he left, Sarah and I stayed a little longer to chat with two friends of hers and what happened later was totally unexpected, it was a day full of pleasant surprises. One guy from the Citizens! approached us to ask whether we knew a bar nearby, we told him there was one still open right around the corner and when he came back with the full band, they asked us if we wanted to join them, so we did. I know this isn't Mika related, but I'd like to spend a few words to talk about them, because they were really sweet. We got in the bar, they offered to pay for our drinks and while some of them mostly chatted by themselves, the singer and the guitarist spent the whole time talking to us. They asked us if we were part of an official fan club and kept asking about Mika. They wanted to know more and more about him, which surprised me a lot, I told them about the poster accident happend in August and how that concert had a different meaning for him and that was probably why he decided to sing Over My Shoulder in the end, we talked a bit about the Subtitling Team and the singer had that amazed face, he told us we're really dedicated fans and I had the impression he was a bit sorry they don't have the same fandom, because he soon after told me they love Italy and would love to come back here with their own tour but they're afraid they're not known enough here to sell. We talked about music, soccer, food, language and many other things and when we left at 2 am, they hugged and kissed us, asked us if we had a place to stay overnight and told us to stay safe. They thanked us for being so friendly and told us Mika fans are an amazing big family. We then called a taxi and went back to our room. As I said, Florence was exausting but it was totally worth it.

❤️ at begining I Was sorry because you were tired but having meet in Zurich I know I Was worth ❤️❤️❤️❤️

❤️ at begining I Was sorry because you were tired but having meet in Zurich I know I Was worth ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Ahahaha tired? Me? Nooo! I was only about to fall asleep on the sidewalk XD But hey, I'm so glad you dragged me into that bar with them! I really had a great time as you could probably tell by the fact that I kept speaking and speaking and speaking and... ok, you got it. I was even sad we had to leave in the end

• silver changed the title to 2015 - Nelson Mandela Forum, Florence - 30 September - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS