[The Voice] season-5, France - 2016

Kumazzz

There are battles on the 12 too, they just haven't opened reservations yet. Actually they normally never open them that early but they always have quite a hard time fulling the place for the battles during week, that's probably why they opened the week dates before this time. The 12 being a saturday they know this one won't be a problem ;)

@Minh Ahh  :hug:

aw, thanks for clearing it up Melyssa! 

This post is about last monday's recording, and I am very late. I was supposed to finish translation this past week-end but then horror happened.

TAH DAH!! The Voice is back and guess what? My magic pen is too! (which turned out to be Isa's pen, actually, thanks again). But don't worry, this year I was going to only one blind recording, so I won't force you to swallow 10 endless reports in a row.

But I'll re-use the same introduction as last year tho: I am not super attentive about the concurents, so I won't spoil a lot about them. But I will spoil the rest: I'll talk about the coaches stupid things, and some of them will make it to the television. So you decide if it is worth waiting to discover it all on your tv screen or if, well... it's the voice, who cares.

I'll just put the infos about the new costume and the opening song under spoiler, because that's the only real suspens Xd

But this outfit, my friends, IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!! So long for the suits which limitated him so much and that are so not handy when you want to sit in an absurd lotus position on your seat. And here comes the Mika dress as a Mika! You should have heard the explosion of joy coming from our rows when he came in running in his black slim, his white and red-glittering sneakers, his white t shirt, his black "mouth" jacket and most of all his surrealistic piling of necklaces and bracelets... OOOOohhhhhhhh. It is so good to see but it also suits much better all those weird ways of sitting that he has: in a suit, they looked funny but ridiculous. In this "false decontract" outfit, it looks... sexy   :naughty: . The only downside is, those necklaces having to share the space with the hears wires is a bit complicated, as he can see right from the beginning as everybody has left the set to get ready for the opening song and he is still standing all alone in front of his seat trying to untangle his bag of bones, with all the tech guys passing in front of him without caring to help at all, it reminded me of his five minutes of cleaning his champagne off the floor from last year XD. (and when someone finally decides to help, Mika just doesn't see him and leave the set in 3 giant steps, the poor guy hanging to the wire in his back having to run not to fall :doh: ). The opening song is finally done, a little unknown tune from a starting band, or wen Coldplay ruled the world... as usual this is their first and it is half a massacre, but it's fun anyway. Especially when Zazie says "Yep. We'll get it right in April" and Mika to answer, like a 5yo child "... but does it mean we're doing it again?"

Anyway, the opening song is in the box and our 4 friends go back to their seats. And the tallest one to sit proudly and to tell us that this year, sprawling on the seat is out of question. No, now he wants to be "noble and elegant". Around 6 minutes later he would have forgotten enough this new resolution to be half lying down, feet on the buzzer but oh, who cares, it works so well with the new outfit (and us to spend the whole show saying "oh God, so many pictures lost!" every time he was changing position Xd)... He also finds his way again to the armrest, forcing his neighbour (this year Pagny. He is between Pagny and Zazie now by the way) to tell him endlessely "Sit down and behave, Mika" to which you could swear he was about to add "and don't put your elbows on the table".

As we're waiting for the recording to begin, each of them find their very own way to pass time. And as Garou keeps himself busy by smoking his pipe (yep), Mika passes time by finding candies and trying to hide them under his ass. He will put one out to eat it discreetly from time to time during the show (descreetly, that means that he'll shew like a cow during half a concurrent's song without caring the slightest of being filmed).

He'll get his french corrected right from his first intervention and will reinvent the meaning of some french idioms, to what the other coaches will laugh a lot - but they're not mocking, really. The atmosphere is actually quite lighter and funnier than last year, and in truth this new team has a very good alchemy (well I have made no secret of my opinion about Jenifer, for me she was pulling the other ones down so her not being here this year is like a bowl of fresh air).
And as I am talking about his french, he makes me laugh every time he hesitates right in the middle of a word and on that night I immediately adopted his
"We were all in suspen.

tion".  :mfr_lol:

He keeps talking too much, and the other 3 still have a hard time not only to make him stop talking but to keep him from talking AGAIN afterwards. "I talk too much. I really am a blabbermouth". Oh yes, we know you're aware of that, but you can't control it, you have to be in the middle of it even when you have nothing to say. Like we can see with this exchange with Zazie 
-So Mika are you done now?!
-NO!! ..... Yes:lmfao:

As we're talking about him and Zazie, from them came the golden quote of the night (well it came from him but with a big help from Zazie). They are all trying to win the hart of a very lovely girl, and so Zazie tries her luck with this selling point but...
"Zazie: You have to come with a woman. The other three are men, they're just gonna try to pick you up
Mika: And me?! Really you didn't well think through that one, did you?!" 

His way of saying that. Golden, I'm telling you. 

2 other big moments, we were crying out of laugh actually, were the "Garou's line" bit and the case of the Azerbaijani. I don't expect it to be as funny to read so I hope most of it will make it to television.

Let's talk about Garou first: between 2 songs the coaches are asked to do a little sequence that will probably serve for an add or something. It's supposed to go that way: Garou has to get closer to Zazie and to say "I don't know why, but I feel like this year is gonna be a good one". Then all of them are supposed to give mishevious looks to the others, and then to press all their buzzers simultaneously, looking very convinced (and Mika wins the convicted face contest by a lanslide, he was actually almost creepy :aah: ). Anyway, it was suposed to be short, no more than a couple of minutes... except that Zazie was having a massive giggle. So they had to do it like 15 times, and I think part of it will end up in the bloopers because it was pretty hilarious... even when Mika began to get really tired of it and was about to hit Zazie every time she began to laugh again :bonk: .

But the biggest "what the heck??!!" moment is about this crazy Azerbaijani. He just had to arrive for it to be obvious that he would be trying to hard.
Except that our 4 coaches can't see him. And the guy is making very strange (and quite scary.) things with his voice. So they are getting curious - it's not even vocally interesting, but it's too strange not to get curious. And they KNOW they shouldn't turn, really we could see on their faces they knew it was a mistake but their curiosity won anyway and they all press the buzzer... and if there was ever one time when they would have wished their seats to keep turning until they came back to their initial position, I swear it was that one.
Then comes the weirdest (and longest) "please come in my team" mendatory moment, as in fact NO ONE wanted him and they were all trying to push him to go on the other ones teams. It's not just the look of the guy, it's a ful pack of him being hiarious for five minutes but you could see he was gonna be insupportable pretty quickly. And also he never stops talking, like never ever. But you can't understand what's the purpose of what he is saying. You can't not laugh because he is so sure of him but he's... I mean,  you'll see, it's not that we were mocking him, it's just that he was too much... much much. Actually he was doing it on purpose, it's the character he is playing, and for sure you can't not notice him: he's not trying to make himself likeable, he's just "me me me me me me".  He'll even manage to confess that he didn't even know the 4 coaches before a couple of days ago, and have listened to them the day before but don't like any of them Xd (and so came from Mika "well, you just said you hate all of us, at least we're on a equal footing!").  
And Mika to get all excited, screaming "no but it's cool, you go in Zazie's team, she's perfect for you!!!". A good half an hour later we're stuck between laughing while watching the coaches strugling with him and praying for him to go away because we'd like to go to bed before 5 am. The three guys aren't even trying anymore and so it is the poor Zazie who ends up with this phenomena. And Mika is so relieved that he lost all his control and begins to jump in the middle of the stage while singing and dancing "Ah Ah Ah Ah Staying Aliiiiiiiiive" . We were laughing so hard I couldn't breathe (and then the guy came back because they had to redo the "I choose Zazie" take, but thing is he didn't even know how she was called...).

Now, do we talk about the fact that he destroyed Florent's seat or not? Oh yes let's talk about it. As he was 'pretending' to help Florent by 'pretending' to push his seat to make it turn... he sort of forgot to pretend and began to push the thing like crazy for real. And so obviously the thing didn't like it, and stayed stuck in the middle of turning. No way to put it right again so Florent has to do a full concurrent debrief standing up in front of his seat, and during all that time Mika was purposely watching on the other side of Florent, like "bad luck for him but not my fault at all, me not concerned at all :fisch: ". And the thing is I am certain that by pretending not to be interested at all he really thought nobody will realise it was his fault...

And as he knows how to remind everyone that there's this little part inside him that will always be 5, you should have seen his reaction when he saw his face zoomed in the TV screen. Well he started by asking them to stop doing that, because he didn't really fancied having a zoomed shot of his nose ... but then he decided that it was actually quite a good occasion to check on all his funny faces. All coming with deep comments, like "Han my teeth are white!! Oh no wait! Hey watch that, I have a yellow tooth!"

Also came this terrible moment when we had a wonderful contestant, full of energy and fantastic voice, and she put the place on fire... but they didn't buzz. Well in fact Mika did but too late (I think he didn't expect the song to end that abruptly). So after that he was yelling NO PLEASE CAN WE DO IT AGAIN I BUZZED!!! BUT IT WAS TOO LATE!!! He really is disapointed. And just before leaving the girl says "but Mika I don't know if you remember but we've met already" and Mika to scream again "YES I KNOW!" (and then from around me I hear the girls say "oh but it's the woman from the Comedia!!") and then Mika to explain that she sang with him at some gig and she was amazing and so funny because she improvised a lot and so he's even more gutted... (and so it was actually the chorister who drove him crazy in an hilarious way at the Comedia  private gig in june. Except she had a new haircut and so no one has recognised her :P  ).

We also had some touching moments. Like this lovely french canadian girl in her beautiful white dress, coming here with her violin and playing and singing and smiling and being super cute and moving. So every coach wants her. Mika was the last one to buzz but he is still fighting tooth and nail for her. As the others do, except Florent, weirdly enough.
And it lasts. For a very long time. And as she is about to choose, she's loosing her words, she is very moved and is having a hard time to talk. So to help her to relax Florent tells her, in a joke "it's okay you can just play violin!". And she begins to raise her violin, and the audience going all "oh but she didn't understand it was a joke!" 
But she did understand. But she has decided that it would be her way of giving her answer and... she begins to play Happy Ending. And it was such a beautiful moment, Mika recognising the song al of a sudden and jumping out of his seat to go and take her in his arms and make her turn, with this white dress turning around them, and then he puts her on the floor, take her head in his hands and kisses her forefront, while the 3 other coaches are watching without understanding until he explains to them that "This was my song". Really, it was so, so beautiful and I hope it will render well on television because us there got goosebumps.
After she left Florent said to Mika "I didn't even try to, because I knew. When the 3 of us turned, she was happy but she didn't change. When you turned, she had a massive charge of renewed energy and so I knew there was nothing to do"  :wub:

And now comes the moment when, as usual.... I am too lazy to write a conclusion  B)

Oh my God this year's show is gonna be everything... I'm so impatient !

Thank you so much for the report ! That was amazingly clear and beautiful to read !

Merciiiii  :teehee:  :naughty:  :wub:

• Like 2

22 novembre 2015 - 11:53 | The Voice

Plongée au coeur des coulisses de “The Voice” saison 5 : les auditions à l'aveugle
Le 9 novembre dernier, TF1 et Shine France donnaient le coup d’envoi du tournage des auditions à l’aveugle de la cinquième saison de “The Voice”. Plongée, côté public, dans les coulisses d’une soirée extraordinaire.

19 heures. Devant les studios du Lendit, situés à la Plaine Saint-Denis, une certaine agitation commence à se faire sentir. Dans quelques minutes, l’arène de The Voice va rouvrir ses portes. Plus d’une centaine de personnes, venues de toute la France, voire de Belgique, patientent tranquillement avant de pouvoir s’installer dans les gradins, tandis que des dizaines de techniciens s’affairent encore aux derniers réglages. Pour cette cinquième saison du talent show le plus suivi de France, le plateau de l’émission, aux formes plus arrondies, s’est offert un léger lifting. Si les quatre fauteuils rouges des coachs restent les incontournables du décor et attirent d’emblée tous les regards, ce nouveau plateau circulaire promet de futures battles impressionnantes.  

Quelques dizaines de minutes plus tard, le public, à peine installé, bruisse déjà d’impatience. L’ambiance est chaleureuse et bienveillante. Parmi ceux qui sont venus assister à cette première séance d’enregistrement, les aficionados du programme sont légion. Un groupe d’amies confie même être spécialement venu de Charleroi, en Belgique, à près de quatre heures de route de La Plaine Saint-Denis pour ne rien rater de ce coup d’envoi. Et, pas question de saluer leur bravoure. «Nous ne sommes pas courageuses, nous sommes juste fans» s’écrieront-elles fièrement. Si certains sont des admirateurs de la première heure, rompus à l’exercice d’un tournage, pour d’autres, c’est une grande première. Mais, ici, rares sont ceux qui ont fait le déplacement dans le seul espoir de passer à l’écran. Le public donne plutôt le sentiment général de venir assister à un spectacle et non pas à une émission de télévision.

20 heures. Nikos Aliagas, fraîchement revenu de Cannes où il a animé quarante-huit heures plus tôt la dix-septième édition des NRJ Music Awards, fait son entrée sous une salve d’acclamations. Dans la famille The Voice, il tient, avec brio, son rôle de maître de cérémonie. Les enregistrements débutent par le tournage de quelques séquences et transitions destinées à alimenter le show. En grand professionnel, Nikos Aliagas tient la barre ! La ravissante Karine Ferri le rejoint rapidement sur scène. Juchée sur une magnifique paire de talons, l’animatrice de The Voice, la Suite affiche un sourire étincelant. Une fois les magnétos mis en boîte, les deux complices cèdent leur place sur scène à Lilian Renaud, vainqueur de l’édition 2015 de The Voice, venu interpréter Pour ne plus avoir peur, titre extrait de son premier album Le bruit de l’aube, sorti le 13 novembre. Avant que ne débute la prestation du jeune franc-comtois, les quatre coachs - Zazie, Florent Pagny, Mika et Garou qui fait son grand retour au sein du jury - s’installent dans leur fauteuil, sous les applaudissements d’un public visiblement heureux de les retrouver. La balade de l’ancien protégé de Zazie est chaleureusement saluée par les coachs. Garou lui glissera même un malicieux «Je vous veux dans mon équipe». C’est ensuite au tour des quatre coachs de s’élancer sur scène pour entonner une collégiale, sur le morceau Viva la Vida de Coldplay, devant un public enthousiaste.

21 heures. Fébrile, une jeune femme se tient debout sur scène, seule face aux fauteuils retournés des coachs. Les auditions à l’aveugle de The Voice, cru 2016, viennent de débuter. Sur scène, ce sont plus d’une vingtaine de talents qui vont se succéder aux rythmes de morceaux d’Adele, Coldplay, Gnarls Barkley, Jean-Jacques Goldman et autres Brigitte. Un patchwork  assorti d’un niveau d’exception qui tiendra public et coachs en haleine jusque tard dans la nuit. La soirée sera, en effet, rythmée de prestations détonantes, souvent émouvantes, parfois surprenantes voire même totalement décoiffantes. Les coachs seront bluffés par une reprise soul d’Hello, dernier hymne en date de la chanteuse britannique Adele tandis qu’un jeune talent d’une vingtaine d’années, qualifié de «geek» par Florent Pagny, parviendra, de son côté, à surprendre le jury sur le pourtant très revisité tube de Jeff Buckley, Hallelujah. Plus tard, lorsqu’une jeune fille de dix-sept ans se risque sur Battez-vous des Brigitte, c’est un duel complice entre deux coachs qu’elle provoque. Elle est suivie de près par une autre jeune chanteuse, aux allures angéliques, qui débarque accompagnée de son violon et bouleverse public et coachs sur une reprise de The Scientist du groupe Coldplay, ce qui lui vaudra d’être comparée par Zazie à … Alanis Morissette. Rien que cela. Les garçons, eux, ne sont pas en reste puisqu’un talent d’une trentaine d’années enflammera littéralement le plateau sur Crazy, l’incontournable tube de Gnarls Barkley. D’un très haut niveau, sa prestation déchaînera le public mais aussi … les coachs. Tandis que Mika déglinguera le fauteuil de Florent Pagny, Zazie ira jusqu’à faire la roue pour tenter de convaincre ce talent hors norme de tomber dans son escarcelle ! Hilare, le public n’est pourtant pas au bout de ses surprises. Tard dans la soirée, un talent étonnant, originaire d’Azerbaïdjan, affublée d’une coupe de cheveux des plus originales, s’illustrera sur une prestation complètement loufoque, laissant derrière lui un public pour le moins éberlué.

2 heures du matin. Après plus de six heures de tournage, le public quitte le plateau du Lendit. Les visages sont fatigués mais affichent tous un air ravi. Cette première session a tenu ses promesses. Du rire, des frissons et, parfois, des larmes ont ponctué cette soirée hors du commun. Plusieurs enregistrements d’auditions à l’aveugle sont prévus dans les prochaines semaines. De quoi laisser à d’autres la chance de vivre, sans filtres, un moment unique à la rencontre de nouveaux talents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! So, I went to The Voice yesterday and I wrote a tiny ugly little report in French (for now, I'm about to translate it in English). I thought you might enjoy it  :naughty:

(BTW, there isn't too many spoilers about the candidates as I didn't write much about them.)

Rapport émission The Voice du 15 décembre 2015 (deuxièmes battles)

Je vais essayer de vraiment condenser tout ce qui s'est passé de la manière la plus précise possible. Je suis donc arrivée au plateau sous une pluie battante, attendu avec une amie que l'on soit placées après être passées aux vestiaires. Le stress monte un peu évidemment, on croise Goupil, le mec qui fait les bêtisiers à la fin de l'émission, puis nous sommes amenées au gradin de droite, le meilleur endroit selon moi : vue sur l'ensemble des coachs (et du côté de Mika qui est à droite en regardant de derrière les fauteuils), l'ensemble du ring des battles spécialement refait cette année, ainsi que les musiciens qui sont au fond sur une petite scène surélevée. Nous sommes au premier rang, mais on nous informe que derrière nous viendront les familles des candidats (nous avons donc été dans le champ des caméras pendant l'ensemble de l'émission), mais ça a aussi ses avantages : les coachs regardaient souvent dans notre direction à cause des réactions des familles.

Bref, le chauffeur de salle nous dit ce qu'il faut faire, les lumières sont testés, Nikos, le présentateur, arrive et l'émission commence. Une prise de la musique des coachs (Emmenez-moi version remasterisée de Aznavour) est faite spécialement pour les musiciens, puis le public et enfin les coachs qui arrivent un à un. Un sourire me traverse lorsque je remarque le costume de Mika : une veste et un pantalon assortis, bleu foncé avec des formes d'yeux d'une multitude de couleurs cousu dessus. Du Mika classe et dérangé tout craché. Ils chantent leur chanson, Mika ne se perd pas dans les paroles ce qui est un miracle que Nikos fait remarquer une fois la prise enregistrée.

Les coachs s'installent dans leur fauteuil et la candidate de l'année dernière, Baptista, fait son apparition pour chanter une chanson en cover. Une fois sa prestation finie, les battles peuvent commencer. La première chanson est ''The Show Must Go On » de Queen qui a mis le feu à la salle et rendu fou Mika, dont l’énergie déclinera un peu au fur et à mesure de l'émission. En effet, il était malade et n'arrêtait pas de tousser, à tel point que Nikos lui demanda de s'arrêter si jamais il en ressentait le besoin, avant d'enchaîner par un conseil d'une recette maison contre la toux sous l'hilarité générale : du thé, du miel et beaucoup de Whiskey. Il remarqua aussi après avoir lui-même toussé que Mika était la cause de sa maladie car il l'avait « embrassé » (personne ne sait dans quel sens il a voulu dire ça haha).

Les prestations s'enchaînent, les talents sont tous très talentueux et les départager est compliqué pour les coachs. Mika en a perdu son français plus d'une fois (mais on sent sa dyslexie sous-jacente quand même), avec des expressions toutes nouvelles telles que « l'unitilité de continuer », « au même temps » ou encore « j'ai senti ton mal à l'aise » que j'ai trouvé absolument mignon.

Après une prestation et en parlant d'une candidate, Mika sort tranquillement : « J'aime bien sa gueule » et sous un air penaud se fait reprendre par Nikos qui lui demande de la refaire sans dire « gueule ». Il était perdu et n'a pas su quoi faire alors il n'a rien redit à part un charabia incompréhensible.

Plus tard, une autre expression a fait rire les 500 personnes du studio. En voulant faire une comparaison entre un candidat, sa voix et les sensations qu'elle procure, Mika a dit que c'était « comme être dans les bois, à 3 heure du matin, seul ». Nikos en riant a donc renchérit en parlant du bois de boulogne, et les autres coachs se sont gentiment moqués de Mika qui encore une fois essayait de garder son sérieux entre deux toux et verre d'eau fraîche.

Le break est arrivé, et Mika voulait aller chercher ses chiennes pour les promener, mais on ne les a jamais vu et il est revenu en retard de la pause, et pas au bon moment. Nikos venait d'annoncer Florent quand la tête de Mika est apparu sous les rires des spectateurs. Une fois de plus, il est reparti comme si de rien n'était, un air d'enfant penaud affiché sur le visage.

Les prestations reprennent, Garou a prit la manie de Mika de monter sur son siège, les coiffeuses essayent tant bien que mal de recoiffer Mika entre deux prises mais ça ou rien, c'était pareil, Florent (qui est drôlement petit en vrai!) a du mal à choisir entre deux candidates et un talent se faire repêcher par Mika. Un autre le sera également par Zazie (ou etait-ce Garou?) plus tard dans la soirée.

A un moment, j'ai vu Mika appuyé sur le buzzer pour récuperer un second talent mais il n'a pas marché malgré ses trois tentatives. Le jeu a donc surement été faussé puisqu'il aurait du avoir ce talent. Juste après ça, des techniciens sont venus sur le plateau, ont enlevé une dalle du sol (Nikos a d'ailleurs mimiqué l'émission Fort Boyard), les buzzers doivent être reliés en dessous. Personne n'a rien dit à ce sujet cependant, donc je ne peux pas affirmer à 100 % qu'il a voulu ce talent (bien que je ne sois pas folle).

Après une prestation, Mika a parlé d'un souvenir qu'il avait étant petit d'un défilé avec des chars, et pendant que l'émission continuait, comptait sur ses doigts pendant 2 minutes avant de se tourner vers Florent tout content et de lui faire « 6 ! » avec les mains avant de jouer à des jeux de mains avec lui pendant 10 minutes. Mika avait donc 6 ans quand il a vu ces chars dans la rue. Ses maths et ses anecdotes sont...fabuleuses haha. Nikos a également enchaîné sur l'histoire des chars en mentionnant la Gay Pride, et Mika l'a regardé les yeux pleins de questions. Après ça, Nikos l'a interpellé pour lui dire « que ça n'a rien de personnel hein ! ». Je ne me souviens pas avoir vu Mika lui répondre spécialement, il lui a juste souris.

Quelques moments d'émotions plus tard, les prestations sont fini et le débriefing commence. A ce stade, Mika qui se retenait de tousser constamment, commençait à littéralement tomber de fatigue (on pouvait voir ses yeux se fermer tout seul). Dans l'ensemble, sa maladie l'a rendu un peu moins dynamique que d'habitude mais tout était très Mikaien quand même !

Mon amie et moi l'avons attendu à la sortie, et bien que d'habitude il s'arrête toujours pour dire bonne nuit, cette fois-ci il est directement reparti en van (ce qui est tant mieux, va dormir et te soigner Mika ! Fait comme Nikos t'a dit : « prend un ibuprofène et au dodo »). Sa maman conduisait sa voiture juste derrière le van, ce qui nous a surpris.

Voilà. Je ne sais pas trop comment finir ce petit résumé un peu maladroit, à part en disant que c'était une très belle expérience que je souhaite à tout le monde, que les coachs et les gens qui travaillent sur le plateau sont tous excessivement gentils et drôles, ah, et que ça fait toujours bizarre quand Mika te regarde droit dans les yeux et te rend ton sourire ! (Je vous l'avais dit, être devant les familles en mouvement attire les yeux des coachs, héhé). Vous pouvez me haïr, je vous l'autorise. ;)

TRANSLATION

Report of the second battles of The Voice - 15th December 2015

So, I'm gonna try to condense what happened as precisely as possible. I arrived to the studio under pouring rain (see what I did there) and waited with a friend for ages. Stress is rising a bit, we saw Goupil, the guy who's always doing his little Q&A with the coaches after the show, before people placed us in the right bleachers, the best place in my opinion because we had full view of the coaches, the new set for the battles in a form of a ring and the musicians that were in the back on a little stage. Plus, Mika was on the right as well so we got to have him really close to us. We were on the first row, and some cameraman told us we'd have the families of the candidates right behind us, which meant we had the camera shooting on us the whole evening  :naughty: But that had its advantages, I'll talk about it later  :thumb_yello:

Anyways, the warm up guy tells us what we have to do, the lights are tested, Nikos, the presenter, comes in and the show begins. A first take of the song that the coaches were about to sing ("Emmenez-moi" from Aznavour slightly changed) is taken only for the musiciens, then one for us and one for the coaches who are announced one by one, Mika being the last. A smile shows up on my face when I also noticed his outfit: a dark blue suit with colorful eyes sewn all over it. Classy and crazy Mika strikes again!  :naughty:  They all sing the song, Mika doesn't mix up the lyrics which is a miracle Nikos was willing to point out after the shot was done!

The coaches then went to their seats, and Baptista, a candidate from last year, came on stage to cover a song. Once she finished, the battles began. The first song was "Show Must Go On" by Queen which drove Mika insanely happy (although his energy declined a little bit throughout the night) and set the tone of the night. Indeed, Mika was sick  :( He kept coughing and coughing some more the whole time, so much that Nikos even told him to "take a break if he needed to" and gave him a little homemade remedy: tea, honey and a lot of whiskey  :naughty: He actually said after he himself coughed that he got also sick because of Mika, because he shouldn't have "kissed him" (nobody knows if he was talking about an actual kiss or just a "hello" kiss  :naughty: )

The performances go by fast and it's hard for everyone to keep a candidate and not the other one because they are all amazing in their own way. Mika lost sense of his french multiple times through those hard times and invented some new words and phrases like "esuless (useless)", "In the same time (at the same time)" or "I felt your uncomfortable (I felt your uneasiness)" which made everyone laugh  :naughty:  I found it absolutely adorable (although part of it was probably because of his dislexia as well).

Later on, another one of those precious Mika-fails made the 500 people present in the public laugh. By wanting to compare a candidate, his voice and the sensations, he said "it feels like in the woods at 3am, alone". Nikos immediately talked about the "Bois de boulogne" (famous for being full of prostitutes) and everyone nicely teased Mika who looked quite unfased  :naughty: He also said after a performance and about a girl that he "liked his face" but he used a swearword in french so Nikos told him to do it again but without this word and he looked lost and messed up his take.

After awhile, about 3 hours in, the break arrived and Mika wanted to walk his dogs, so he left the room. But there wasn't enough time so we never ended up seing the dogs and when Nikos asked for the coaches to show up again, nobody could find Mika  :shocked: Nikos asked for Florent to come and that's when Mika showed up, in the wrong time, so he came back inside with the look of a 5 year old caught doing something bad on his face  :naughty:

The performances start again. Garou took the habit of Mika of sitting on top of the arms of the chair, and twice the hairdresser tried to fix Mika's hair but, honestly, that didn't change anything! Mika was shaking his head all the time anyways haha. Florent (who's really tine in real life!) has troubles chosing a candidate and Mika saves another one. Later on, a second one, a girl, is saved as well by either Garou or Zazie, I can't remember exactly.

At one point though, I saw Mika pressing on the button to save a second talent, 3 times, but nothing happened! So the game might be "faked" a little bit because he should have saved this girl... Right after that, some techniciens came on the ring, took off one of the slabs on the floor (making Nikos parody another show here in France called "Fort Boyard"). The buttons might be all linked underneath, so that would explain why Mika's button didn't work. But does that mean that the game is a LIE NOW  :shocked: Haha, I might be crazy but I honestly saw him try three times to press it.

Anyways, after one performance, Mika started talking about a memory he had when he was around 5 of a parade he saw in the streets, and tanks, and while the show went on, he was counting something on his fingers, looking really concentrated. After like 2 whole minutes, I saw him turn towards Florent and show him the numer "6" with his fingers ! So Mika was 6 when that happened. A+ for the interesting anecdotes and bad grades in maths  :naughty: He then proceeded to play with Florent's hands on and off for 10 minutes. What a child ! Oh, and about the tanks, Nikos mentionned something about the Gay Pride and Mika looked confused, so when the take was done Nikos said to him that, basically, "hey, nothing personnal, just a joke" haha.

A few emotional moments later, the performances are done and the debriefing begins and lasts fir about 15 more minutes. At this point, Mika constantly refrained himself from coughing and legit was falling asleep in his chair (his eyes even shut for 10 seconds before he suddenly came back to himself like ''Oops''  :teehee: ) Altogether he was a bit less energetic than usual but he was still...Mika ! Do I even need to say anything more to explain what that means?  :naughty:

My friend and I waited for him after the show, but although he usually stops and says goodnight, this time his van didn't stop, which I'm actually glad he didn't because, boy he needed to rest and take that advice that Nikos gave him ! What was surprising though was that his mum was driving his car right behind the van  :shocked: Didn't expect that one ! 

Voilà. Overall, I don't know what to say to end this little report, but it was a wonderful experience that I wish everyone could live ! Oh, and yeah, Mika did smile and stare back at me at one point which, not gonna lie, made me melt a little  :D The perks of being right behind the families is that the coaches looked in our direction a lot ! Told ya ! You are allowed to hate me a little, but not too long  :P I hope this little report pleased you, it's not perfect and I'm tired because I just came back from Paris a few hours ago, but I had to write it before it was too confused in my head.

I just remembered something random as well: Mika said at one point he didn't like / get star wars, my friend and I were over there like "YOU GET US!'' and the rest of the studio kinda yelled at him and he was like "Sorry not sorry" haha.

Edited by AmyWings
  • Like 22

Merci infinement AmyWings pour ce report. Pauvre Mika qui a été malade, j'espère qui il va mieux bientôt...

Je pense que il pensait de finir tout ça rapidement et rentrer chez lui... Mais tous ses trucs drôles font l'emission plus amusant quand même.

• Like 1

Merci,Amy!  :thumb_yello:

Merci infinement AmyWings pour ce report. Pauvre Mika qui a été malade, j'espère qui il va mieux bientôt...

Je pense que il pensait de finir tout ça rapidement et rentrer chez lui... Mais tous ses trucs drôles font l'emission plus amusant quand même.

Thank you for your lovely and detailed report Amy!

Aww, he's really sick!

But from the day after tomorrow he'll be able to rest, well I hope so.

Thank you all, I'm glad you like it  :)

I don't know about that, he looked really exhausted and sick but he has the last battles of The Voice to shoot tomorrow. After that though, I don't know what he's doing ! Hopefully he'll catch up on some sleep for a few days, I wouldn"t want him to be sick for Christmas! (And me neither, because what I didn't tell is that I now AM sick as well, pretty sure I got some Mika virus in me right now. My mum called it "superMikaflu"  :naughty:  :naughty: )

• Like 2

I guessed as much he was ill looking at #thevoiceparty picts :(

Yeah he does  :(  He had that "poor thing" look the whole evening, it was quite sad, but he still managed to be his bubbly self at times, so that's that  :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

Gracias por el informe de Amy! :wub:

Éstos son algunos de vídeo, donde Mika está estornudando ...

I'm literally in the same state that he is... Uhh Mika why did you give me your virus  :naughty:  I hope he (and I) are going to recover soon... That's a pain, especially for him, he has so much stuff to do and his voice is so precious  :(

Thank you so much Amy, your detailed report was fabulous :wub2::huglove:

Sorry about both you and Mika being sick :hug:  He does look tired on the pics :sad: I hope you both feel better very fast :thumb_yello:

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it  :hug:

Haha oh well ! I'm more sorry about Mika than myself, although that's his fault  :naughty: I hope we do too, thanks  :thumb_yello:  :yes:

Edited by AmyWings
  • Like 1

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it  :hug:

Haha oh well ! I'm more sorry about Mika than myself, although that's his fault  :naughty: I hope we do too, thanks  :thumb_yello:  :yes:

That's not the best gift he could give you, but still it's from Mika :mikalove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1