2015 - Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

crazyaboutmika

However of course the novelty of this interaction wears off after a few years especially when you like changes and exploring new things like Mika does.  In the beginning it probably felt very natural and enjoyable to him to please fans and most of the the time not hard work at all to make them happy. 

Yes this is the point I am trying to make, the novelty has worn off. Maybe it sounds too harsh to characterize it as being "spoiled" but the reality is there can be no novelty in receiving gifts or having fans travel thousands of miles to see you when it happens every single day. Montreal was a novelty for everyone involved due to the nature of the shows, so that is an exception and not the rule in 2016. And even in that case Deb had to move heaven and earth to arrange a meeting with him. Obviously he wanted to see and thank fans but accessing him is nowhere near as easy as it used to be.

• Like 2

My response to Pascale was not a complaint, just an explanation for why one should not expect any kind of resolution or even awareness from Mika on what we have been talking about.

Yes, thanks for your reaction. I was very buzy these last few days, so I didn't have the time to answer until now.

By the way, my disappointment was not about his not interacting with fans in general. But in this -IMO somewhat exceptional- case his silence leaves room for the possibility that he doesn't care at all if he gave a long time fan a miserable time by his rather careless comments.That might be not true at all but that's where my feeling came from when we heard nothing at all.

Part of my personal fandom for Mika is the sympathy that I feel for him as a clever and kind and generous person who is aware of his motives and actions. I realize it is an idealized image based on a public persona but even so, i do feel that sympathy and so I also felt deception and disappointment when he (possibly) didn't live up to that image. Rather bizar since I don't know him and he doesn't owe me any explanation of course. I guess i should have been a fan of a popstar when I was sixteen, so I wouldn't be so surprised and intrigued by all those things now I'm 48. :dunno:(and loving it :shocked:  :) )

Edited by Pascale

I didn't say that. Like I said, he bought me lunch last year. He was sitting right by the door and we purposely sat farther into the restaurant so as not to disturb him because he was busy. He could have easily left without talking to us and obviously did not have to pay for our meal. He did exacty what he did for an MFCer in June of 2007 so as I said, I think he is as kind and generous as ever.

All I am saying is that he is not in touch with his fans on a regular basis the way he used to be so don't expect him to do anything because of the upset caused regarding what he said about the Adelphi incident. Yes he was very aware and prepared for everyone coming to Montreal because his staff informed him via Deb. But in the old days fans who were at the gigs were talking to his tour manager and his partner every single day. I am not complaining about it or criticising Mika, just explaining the situation and how it has changed from earlier in Mika's career when his whole career revolved around touring and therefore staying in close touch with his fans.

:) Yes, MIKA really is kind and generous  :wub:  Oh no, I don't expect anything from him!  :wink2: Like it's also been said here, we pay gig tics, and get good shows, we buy his albs. and get good music - and everybody is happy! :)  Everything more than that, which might happen, is a big bonus!  :yes:  And yes, I've seen fans myself, outside the arena in Oslo, talking a lot to his tour manager, like they were old friends, and it all looked so nice - but since I did'nt know any of them, or hadn't registered myself on the MFC yet, I felt like an outsider, and therefore sat in a pub close by, and watched it from a distance.  But Nina, who arranged the fan queue, was so kind and gave us a no. so we were allowed to enter  the hall - before all the other people in the looong queue could go inside.  This was his 2nd gig in 2010.  I don't doubt it must have been very special to belong to "MIKAs inner circle"  from the very beginning! :wub:  And I think you all have a special place in MIKAs heart,  because of that - so now it's just up to everyone who belong there, to keep their place... :)

As I've said here earlier, what happened at Adelphi, and the mess it caused, makes me a bit nervous for the Palladium gig - but I hope it will be good for everyone, for both our excellent singer,  and all his supporters, from all nations... :wub: 

Love, love

me 

• Like 4

Yes this is the point I am trying to make, the novelty has worn off. Maybe it sounds too harsh to characterize it as being "spoiled" but the reality is there can be no novelty in receiving gifts or having fans travel thousands of miles to see you when it happens every single day. Montreal was a novelty for everyone involved due to the nature of the shows, so that is an exception and not the rule in 2016. And even in that case Deb had to move heaven and earth to arrange a meeting with him. Obviously he wanted tog see and thank fans but accessing him is nowhere near as easy as it used to be.

sorry, my reactions are a bit behind in this discussion. I got your point and agree with it. Just wanted to react to the : "used these days to getting only compliments so no need to work hard anymore" aspect of it.  I do think it's too harsh to characterize it as "spoiled". Just as I think it's too harsh to call it "bordering to narcissism" if he is happy because he had the feeling his fans were like him when he saw all the flags in the Adelphi. But perhaps you attach less negative connotations to those terms than people usually do. 

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 1

By the way, my disappointment was not about his not interacting with fans in general. But in this -IMO somewhat exceptional- case his silence leaves room for the possibility that he doesn't care at all if he gave a long time fan a miserable time by his rather careless comments.That might be not true at all but that's where my feeling came from when we heard nothing at all.

I am not trying to imply that he wouldn't care that he upset Jemma, just that he probably doesn't know. He is also very averse to fan related drama (you'll have to trust me on this :naughty:) so I don't think he would mention it on Twitter anyway. I did notice he was showing Rose some love last night though so maybe he has heard some general rumblings about UK fans. :naughty:

I don't doubt it must have been very special to belong to "MIKAs inner circle"  from the very beginning! :wub:  And I think you all have a special place in MIKAs heart,  because of that - so now it's just up to everyone who belong there, to keep their place... :)

I don't even know if Mika knows how I am exactly but I have been lucky to go to gigs with fans he knows well and talk to people who worked with him all the time. His tour manager was very receptive and was on hand to make sure Mika got special gifts and security helped with the queue, etc.

Just as I think it's too harsh to call it "bordering to narcissism" if he is happy because he had the feeling his fans were like him when he saw all the flags in the Adelphi. But perhaps you attach less negative connotations to those terms than people usually do.

I don't think it's narcissism to be happy about people being like you but being upset and judgemental if they are not. Like he expects all of us to embrace everything about him and be like him. This is not normal :naughty:

• Like 2

He is also very averse to fan related drama (you'll have to trust me on this :naughty:) so I don't think he would mention it on Twitter anyway. I did notice he was showing Rose some love last night though so maybe he has heard some general rumblings about UK fans. :naughty:

Very wise of him. It's probably best if he just stays the silent object of all our projections and thoughts and isn't involved actively in any discussion or drama at all.

Why people ever want to be famous is completely beyond my understanding. Must be exhausting. Except for the fact that you are in the position to meet or work with a lot of interesting people.   

I don't think it's narcissism to be happy about people being like you but being upset and judgemental if they are not. Like he expects all of us to embrace everything about him and be like him. This is not normal :naughty:

I don't think he really expects it. He just would like it to be so, because he is so happy being him at the moment and he wishes us to be just as happy as well :wink2: .

Let's agree he's a bit self centered. And that's very normal. 

As I've said here earlier, what happened at Adelphi, and the mess it caused, makes me a bit nervous for the Palladium gig - but I hope it will be good for everyone, for both our excellent singer,  and all his supporters, from all nations... :wub:

Love, love

me 

I understand your feeling perfectly but let's just wait and see what happens. Too many nervous fans will make Mika more nervous as well. So relax. :tea:    :hug: As he's often said himself: he likes challenges and he likes to be scared. It keeps him alert.

Edit: Reality check: I just discovered about the situation in Brussel. That news makes this whole dicussion rather irrelevant now anyway.

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 2

• silver changed the title to 2015 - Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS