2015 - Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

crazyaboutmika

We're not talking about Queen's gigs or Mika's NYC gigs. We're talking about a gig in London.

Anyway I have said everything I have to say. I am just glad I am not going. Good luck to him.

Yeah if you really don't like his French songs, and can not even stand one song in his gig, it may really not be a good idea to spend all the money to go to London, cuz that will be very costly, the flight and the insanely expensive hotel. Will you still come to his North American gigs later? He mentioned there will be North American gigs too in some interview last year.

Yeah if you really don't like his French songs, and can not even stand one song in his gig, it may really not be a good idea to spend all the money to go to London, cuz that will be very costly, the flight and the insanely expensive hotel. Will you still come to his North American gigs later? He mentioned there will be North American gigs too in some interview last year.

No, I am not travelling anywhere to see him. I doubt he will come to Toronto again especially if he needs unconditional love and approval from his audience.

• Like 1

No, I am not travelling anywhere to see him. I doubt he will come to Toronto again especially if he needs unconditional love and approval from his audience.

I don't think he needs unconditional love and approval, I think he just does not want to be rudely treated and given vocally negative during the show, which is not a big request. He has been told many times that UK fans don't like French songs, but I think this is the first time it really upset him, because they yell it out during the show.

It's like when I was teaching a undergraduate class if the students don't like what I said they could always talked about it to me later, not saying loudly in class they didnt like the topic I teach. That is basic polite and respect to the one on stage, which is not a lot to ask.

I've heard complains after the class, but never during my lecture. And I can not imagine how sad and embarrased I would be if the students just vocally negative about my lecture in the class.

• Like 7

I've been reading this thread and , Yang, I just think you read too much into a "situation" you weren't even witness to, and said yourself have no idea what was said. Only that mika was butthurt. Sooo there's really nowhere to go from there.

I feel, it was a funny/weird moment that happened at that show, in that room, and it probably should have stayed there.

Look at you all dragging me out of my lurker-state. :hug:

Edited by BangBangLou
  • Like 2

I looked through the discussion and I want to share my point. Dunno if someone is interested or not... anyway. I think (and I don't insist other fans to share and accept my view) it's not Mika who doesn't understand. It seems to me some fans here don't understand who Mika is, what his origins are, what his music is. His music has so many different angles, so many different shades. It doesn't belong to any place and at the same time it belongs to the whole world. His music gets a response in hearts of so many different people from so many different places. Mika himself is the same because his misic is a reflection of who he is. He grew up in France and his French songs are reflection of this big part of his life. His French songs are the part of his music, the part of his career, the part of his personality. They are just another angle and they represent the same Mika. And when he's on stage all his songs are equal no matter in which part of this world this stage is. I don't love all his songs, I don't love all his French songs. But I consider it's natural to expect him to sing ANY of his songs during his show.

• Like 11

I've been reading this thread and , Yang, I just think you read too much into a "situation" you weren't even witness to, and said yourself have no idea what was said. Only that mika was butthurt. Sooo?????

I feel, it was a funny/weird moment that happened at that show, in that room, and it probably should have stayed there.

Oops sorry about, yeah I have no idea what actually happened, I did not even know about these until the star interview. It seems that different people just telling me different stories.

I should not put myself into this situation, thanks the :bonk: to clear my mind! OMG, I was too deep in this place which I had no position! :hug: and :flowers2:

Edited by yang

Another concern I have is, he is going to do another UK show this year, and it will be streamed by iqiyi in China, since the audience would be bigger he may sing some French songs again. I know a lot China fans love BBB and he sure knows that. I hope this time UK fans would understand and this kind of issue will not happen again.

Why should I be concerned or have to understand what Chinese people who aren't at the gig want or need?  I am the one that has paid good money for the ticket, if don't like an aspect of the show I have every right to say so especially when we hardly get any gigs these days.   

Your hope may be in vain,  Perhaps Mika would understand that this kind of issue won't happen again ever when he has no fans left in the UK.

• Like 1

Why should I be concerned or have to understand what Chinese people who aren't at the gig want or need?  I am the one that has paid good money for the ticket, if don't like an aspect of the show I have every right to say so especially when we hardly get any gigs these days.   

Your hope may be in vain,  Perhaps Mika would understand that this kind of issue won't happen again ever when he has no fans left in the UK.

It's just my guess. I don't know what he will sing in the show. I'm not his agent and I don't have super power :P

• Like 1

I don't think he needs unconditional love and approval, I think he just does not want to be rudely treated and given vocally negative during the show, which is not a big request. He has been told many times that UK fans don't like French songs, but I think this is the first time it really upset him, because they yell it out during the show.

It's like when I was teaching a undergraduate class if the students don't like what I said they could always talked about it to me later, not saying loudly in class they didnt like the topic I teach. That is basic polite and respect to the one on stage, which is not a lot to ask.

I've heard complains after the class, but never during my lecture. And I can not imagine how sad and embarrased I would be if the students just vocally negative about my lecture in the class.

That annoys me, actually. because I am English all the way through - at least to the 18th century - and I like some of the French songs. . It's OK to tell him if you don't like French songs, but no-one has the right to speak for all Mika Fans like we are all a homogenous lump. No-one speaks for me but me. I like the cheekiness of Boum Boum Boum and I don't want to be deprived of it because of some loudmouth heckler

• Like 9

I looked through the discussion and I want to share my point. Dunno if someone is interested or not... anyway. I think (and I don't insist other fans to share and accept my view) it's not Mika who doesn't understand. It seems to me some fans here don't understand who Mika is, what his origins are, what his music is. His music has so many different angles, so many different shades. It doesn't belong to any place and at the same time it belongs to the whole world. His music gets a response in hearts of so many different people from so many different places. Mika himself is the same because his misic is a reflection of who he is. He grew up in France and his French songs are reflection of this big part of his life. His French songs are the part of his music, the part of his career, the part of his personality. They are just another angle and they represent the same Mika. And when he's on stage all his songs are equal no matter in which part of this world this stage is. I don't love all his songs, I don't love all his French songs. But I consider it's natural to expect him to sing ANY of his songs during his show.

I totally agree with you. 

• Like 2

:(  I've read the whole discussion here, and tbh I'm quite shocked about words being used here,  about MIKA !!  :shocked:  I don't need to repeat - people can read it themselves, and I don't intend to involve myself into this discussion either. But I have to say that it makes me feel sad, and also a bit "nervous" -  for the upcoming show at London Palladium in June, a show that I've looked SO much forward to, the only MIKA gig for me this year  :wink2: Anyway, I hope it will be great - for MIKA,  and for his fans... :wub:  :fisch: 

Love, love

me   

• Like 1

No one here is speaking on behalf of all English fans. No one here is having trouble understanding Mika's background. Like BangBangLou said the only thing going on here is that Mika is butthurt and he had a disproportionate and hurtful response to a fan who has been buying his records and gig tickets and singing his praises since day one. It was a sh*t thing for him to do and nothing anyone has said in this convo justifies it.

• Like 3

Can we get something into perspective, Mika is no shy wallflower in telling someone face to face that he doesn't like something.

I know, as I have been on the receiving end of it, and yet I am still here and never made a big deal of it either immediately after or months or years down the line. I just shrugged it off at the time.

AND he did it in front of a bunch of other fans, but I don't hold it against him, whats done is done. 

• Like 1

This is very well said, thank you!  :thumb_yello: I totally agree with you.

About streaming the London gig in China. I immediately thought it was great news even I don't know what it means money wise (I have no idea what kind of a deal it is for him). It's one way to promote his music in China and it gives Chinese fans a possibility to be a part of the international Mika world. And being a fan is not only enjoying music but also helping and supporting the artist and his career (even in other markets) to have more to enjoy, watch and follow in the future.

• Like 5

About streaming the London gig in China. I immediately thought it was great news even I don't know what it means money wise (I have no idea what kind of a deal it is for him). It's one way to promote his music in China and it gives Chinese fans a possibility to be a part of the international Mika world. And being a fan is not only enjoying music but also helping and supporting the artist and his career (even in other markets) to have more to enjoy, watch and follow in the future.

Aren't you mixing up fandom and artist managemnt Nina?

A lot has already been said on this issue, and I can sort of see both sides of it. I just wanted to add that before Mika tells the whole story (or his side of it) in the interview, he says that this just shows you should never judge too quickly. I took this to mean that he later realized he had read too much into the comment he heard during the show. Yes, he then proceeds to describe how hurt he felt, but the whole point is that the flags made him realize he had misjudged the situation. I'm not saying he has handled the whole thing in the best way (I also thought the "boum boum boum" comment during a concert was inappropriate), but I wouldn't say he's portraying himself as a a victim after all these months so much as reminding himself that he wasn't actually a victim of intolerance as he had thought in that first moment.

• Like 3

First of all,  I understand that some fans don't like French songs, I really do. But the idea that a UK setlist should not contain ANY French songs is not perfectly understandable in any way, it's pure arrogance. And that's what I felt throughout the discussion. WOW some UK fans are so special, Mika should not do what he do throughout the whole heaven tour.

How is it arrogant to want English songs at an English gig?????? If he wants to sing French songs at a gig, all the power to him, but maybe for an French speaking audience who would appreciate it more? Why is that so arrogant and wrong?

I listen to Korean pop music. It is common knowledge to those who listen to KPop that Korean idols also often promote in China and Japan, doing Chinese or Japanese versions of their Korean songs, and even releasing material just for a Japanese/Chinese audience. The Koreans get their share, the Chinese/Japanese get their share. Fair and square. If I flew to South Korea, to watch a Korean idol at a Korean concert and they ended up singing their Japanese/Chinese stuff instead I'd be annoyed, because that's not what I've paid for. If I wanted to hear their Japanese/Chinese stuff live, I'd go to a concert in the appropriate country. It's the exact same thing!

• Like 2

Oh gosh, too much to say as usual, and I end up quoting too many posts...so I will try and reduce them now and maybe post in chunks...

I just wanted to say that I totally agree with what Caz said:

You might need to change your signature :teehee:

I don't mind Boum Boum Boum actually, but there's a ton of French songs I've not even listened to, like Blame It On The Weather or Karen or whatever her name is. I have no interest. Majority of people I know have - openly admitted on here - that these are not very good songs. Everyone is perfectly entitled to their opinion, both pretty and ugly, but whether it affects you or not is down to you. Mika can talk about bullying till the cows come home - I was bullied at school too, my best friend is gay and was bullied for that also, I've seen and witnessed first hand how terrible people can be, and how it can affect you both then and in the present times. I also understand how these things affect people differently, but I also come from a dance/performance background and what people need to realise is that there's downright insulting and then there's criticism and an opinion. As Mika is a f***ing musician, who should be listening to advice and criticisms all the time when it comes to producing music and putting a show together, I'd expect much better, less bratty behaviour. 

I've listened to songs in Italian. Hell, I listen to songs in Japanese and Korean on a regular bloody basis. I've listened to music from Sweden, Finland... it's not like I'm against foreign music. What people need to understand is that Mika has been bouncing around France and Italy for the past billion years and barely paid any attention to his UK fanbase, which by the way *ahem* is where it all started from in the first place. I've also been a big fan since the beginning - winning competitions and made fan videos and the like. Back in the day, LiCM got a very mixed reception in the UK, it was like Marmite. Mika even admitted that, he was PROUD of that. People loved it and they hated it. Did he mind? No, in fact, he said HE LOVED DIVIDING PEOPLE AND DIDN'T WANT TO BE IN THE MIDDLE.

How can he have gone from being so confident to flapping around like a wet flannel? Like seriously, what the hell changed? So what Jemma didn't like the French song in the UK setlist, lots of people didn't. As I said, he practically abandoned the UK, and fair enough he got gigs elsewhere - you go where the money is and clearly French and Italian TV want him, and that's great exposure for him. In France and Italy. Where he's learned the language and sings songs in their language. 

After being forgotten about for so long, and literally having one small gig every year (as opposed to gigs around the country, like in the good ol' days), I think it's perfectly understandable that some of us are upset that French songs would be included in a UK setlist. The fact that he bangs on about how many people there were in the audience from different countries is irrelevant - they've all come to the UK. For a UK gig. They clearly have the money to go abroad and see him, and if they wanted Mika to sing French songs then perhaps go to a French gig. And the way Mika actually took the piss on stage saying "French isn't hard" - just because it is a European language with ties to the English language doesn't mean that we should just accept and be happy about him playing his French songs at a UK gig. Do I actually have to learn the bloody French language to enjoy a UK gig now, should His Majesty want to ignore the wishes of his "Loyal Subjects"? (Who also contribute to his wages????)

Sorry for being harsh, but I am calling him out on this, because he is a liar. Also saying that he talked less to the audience because of Jemma's reaction is nothing short of bullsh*t, he didn't stop chattering the entire night. 

I think Jemma is perfectly entitled to defend herself. She made one huff about one French song. Mika took the piss out of the protests on stage (because there was more than one protest) by telling everyone that French isn't hard, then humiliating her and getting personal by saying that Jemma needed more boum boum boum in her life, and then swanning off to Asia and talking about it on TV... 6 months later.

Grow up Mika, for God's sake. I am so over this.

Ditto!!

I am embarrassed to say that I ever participated in the unconditional praise and warrantless thanks he receives on a nightly basis now. I actually feel sorry for him that he needs 300 people to stand up and show him unconditional love in order to feel secure about his songs or performances. Like Caz says he was not like this at 23 and took a f-you attitude instead of portraying himself as a victim. We have created a monster.

He did a lot more than that, Nectar.

Maybe you are not aware of the fact that in some other large gig after the Adelphi events, he spoke about this incident and said that this fan in question (Jemma) "needed more boum boum boum" in her life. That is downright nasty. Or do you find that acceptable and to be "just life" as you say?

I'm going to defend Mika on this one.

I think it is unkind to heckle Mika over his set choice at a live event. Having opinions is fine, and I have no problem with people saying something on MFC, or maybe to him after the show. But being so vocally negative during the show is unkind and off putting, and I am not surprised he was upset by it.

As for mentioning it in an interview:

a) He was making a point about the multinational make-up of his audience (ie the flags) and contrasting that with the narrow-mindedness of the previous heckling to make the point more strongly

b) He is entitled to be bothered by what some fans do at concerts

c) If it bothers that fan that he was upset and says so in public, then that's life. He does not mention the fan by name.

I think that what Rose says is correct:

There are UK fans, not members here, or hardcore fans, but fans that come to see him when he does do shows here, and buy the UK versions of his albums, not the various other ones that are out there with either the French or Italian songs on them. So they are not familiar with Boum Boum Boum, Elle Me Dit or the various others that seem to go down a storm in Europe where they are more freely available. 

So when he sings them, they have absolutely no clue what is going on, and can't sing along because they don't know them. So to the fans from Europe who look around and see them sitting down/not dancing and singing, it must look like they are being rude and not very fan like. This is not the case because they haven't a clue why he is singing a song they have never heard of before.

So I think it's perfectly understandable that these fans would wonder why he just isn't singing songs from the album they have on their stereos. It's not arrogance, just that they don't know the song.

And just for the record, I don't really mind these songs too much, but can't get my head around the lyrics to be able to sing them, and that's not arrogance either, as it took me 3 months to get my brain around 'Promiseland', and that is my favourite song on the album, and STILL have problems with 'Oh Girl You're The Devil'!

And this is what bothers me most, indeed:

Yes when he responds to someone saying they don't like his song by repeatedly attacking them on a personal level in public, then the fact that he was hurt is not really relevant anymore as far as I'm concerned. He is not a 9 year old child. Nothing anyone has ever said to him during a gig justifies telling thousands of people that this person needs to get laid or that they are some sort of intolerant xenophobe. It's totally out of proportion.

Yang, have you HEARD Mika speak? He uses t he F word all the time. And he has called his audience "motherf**kers" before as well...he is far from the delicate little flower that you seem to think he is.

"FOUR F*CKING ALBUMS AND HE SINGS THIS?" Did she actually say the F word to mika, in a serious not joking way??

Exactly as Christine said:

That is total nonsense. These tickets cost more than my Adele tickets even though she has to fly across an ocean to get to the venue and Mika can take a 10 minute cab ride. They are more than twice the price of his earlier London gigs. If he is not making money off it he's doing something wrong. I have no desire to spend my money on making Mika wealthier while he panders to fans from France to China at my expense, instead of spending it on music that I want to hear. If Mika has an expectation that anyone in his audience should do otherwise he is out of his mind. If he has an expectation that anyone in his audience should forgo their own taste in music and sit through songs they don't like because someone in China wants to hear them he is out of his mind.

Haha, welcome back, lurker. I think that this topic has brought a few of us out of lurking state....

I've been reading this thread and , Yang, I just think you read too much into a "situation" you weren't even witness to, and said yourself have no idea what was said. Only that mika was butthurt. Sooo there's really nowhere to go from there.

And the bolded sentence to me pretty much says it all:

No one here is speaking on behalf of all English fans. No one here is having trouble understanding Mika's background. Like BangBangLou said the only thing going on here is that Mika is butthurt and he had a disproportionate and hurtful response to a fan who has been buying his records and gig tickets and singing his praises since day one. It was a sh*t thing for him to do and nothing anyone has said in this convo justifies it.

To be honest, I feel quite deflated after all this. I can't believe that he has pulled such a low move, and especially I feel quite upset that he now seems to have such a low threshold to feedback...it's like he has turned into a completely different person to the one he was a few years ago. Not that long ago, he was the singer who was still happy to ask his fans for honest feedback. What happened there, when did he turn this corner? 

To put things into perspective, and perhaps explain to those who seem to think that some of us are "unappreciative" and mean fans, in order to show the differences with the man that he (seemed to) be before, there is a story that I remember well.

There was a moment after a gig a few years ago...It was the first of a new tour, and he had not come out to see fans that night after the gig. Still, he was clearly worried about how things had gone at the gig that evening because he specifically got in contact afterwards to ask a few of us (who he had known for a long time to be "straight talking" big fans of his) to go and meet him. He asked what we had thought of the gig, because he was a bit concerned that maybe it wasn't good enough, and things had gone wrong, etc.

We gave him our opinion, honest, straight, as he was asking for. And he took it for what it was. We mentioned what we thought were the good things and what we thought could be bettered, and he was happy to hear it all.

This was such a lovely moment for us, where we felt a great connection with him and like he was the nice and down to earth guy that we had known for a few years by that time, far removed from the diva that this video seems to show me. It was great to see that side of him where he seeked the reassurance of his fans because he felt a bit unsure. It was lovely to have him also "choose" us for that, just a handful of us who he knew he could ask sincerely.

So yes, back in the day, he was actively seeking fans' opinions and feedback, and this occasion was a very clear an example of that, which is why it makes me laugh when some fans say that we should not share our opinions with Mika...err he has ASKED us for them before, what is different now? Has he really lost the ability to cope because people around him only give him praise? If so, that is really sad. 

Edited by sariflor
  • Like 4

To be honest, I feel quite deflated after all this. I can't believe that he has pulled such a low move, and especially I feel quite upset that he now seems to have such a low threshold to feedback...it's like he has turned into a completely different person to the one he was a few years ago. Not that long ago, he was the singer who was still happy to ask his fans for honest feedback. What happened there, when did he turn this corner?

To put things into perspective, and perhaps explain to those who seem to think that some of us are "unappreciative" and mean fans, in order to show the differences with the man that he (seemed to) be before, there is a story that I remember well.

There was a moment after a gig a few years ago...It was the first of a new tour, and he had not come out to see fans that night after the gig. Still, he was clearly worried about how things had gone at the gig that evening because he specifically got in contact afterwards to ask a few of us (who he had known for a long time to be "straight talking" big fans of his) to go and meet him. He asked what we had thought of the gig, because he was a bit concerned that maybe it wasn't good enough, and things had gone wrong, etc.

We gave him our opinion, honest, straight, as he was asking for. And he took it for what it was. We mentioned what we thought were the good things and what we thought could be bettered, and he was happy to hear it all.

This was such a lovely moment for us, where we felt a great connection with him and like he was the nice and down to earth guy that we had known for a few years by that time, far removed from the diva that this video seems to show me. It was great to see that side of him where he seeked the reassurance of his fans because he felt a bit unsure. It was lovely to have him also "choose" us for that, just a handful of us who he knew he could ask sincerely.

So yes, back in the day, he was actively seeking fans' opinions and feedback, and this occasion was a very clear an example of that, which is why it makes me laugh when some fans say that we should not share our opinions with Mika...err he has ASKED us for them before, what is different now? Has he really lost the ability to cope because people around him only give him praise? If so, that is really sad.

I think there is a difference between hearing feedback (when you ask for it) at a chosen moment and hearing a loud critical comment while you're in the middle of a concert. Of course as a professional artist it would be best as you can cope with that and just go on with your show without it letting bother you. But apparently Mika was upset about Jemma's shouting (if that's what he was refering to). He was professional enough to go on without anyone noticing that, but it díd bother him a lot since he has mentioned it twice now and in a way that we are not used of him.

I don't like the way that he has spoken about it, especially not if Jemma only shouted " that's because it's in french" but I understand very well that loud comments from the crowd can put you out of balance. And I guess it was more than just that particular shout. He certainly knows about the dislike of the french songs of some British fans and it's very well possible he felt unsure about this thing at the Adelphi. The shout may have triggered this uncertainty so that's why he is so harsh about it.

He feels the french songs are part of him and wants to feel free in his performances. And he doesn't feel free now. That must be very upsetting for a performer like him. That has nothing to do with not being able to receive feed-back.

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 6

I don't think he felt unsure about it at all, as he said that he KNEW how some British fans felt about the French songs but that he was going to sing them anyway. He even said at the beginning of the gig that it felt good to be speaking English and then he goes and sings a French song, so like... ???????

As I said, save the French songs for the French speaking audience who will appreciate them more. What Jemma said wasn't even harsh and vindictive like Mika was saying in that video, he way overstepped the mark and exaggerated everything, as he typically does. It's not like she actually insulted him or punched him in the face, Mika said "Not many people understand Boum Boum Boum" and all Jemma said "that's because it's in f*cking French".

WHICH IS TRUE OH MY GOD. Seriously you people need to take a goddamn seat.

• Like 2

When Mika said "not everyone will understand"when talking about BBB I shouted out "That's because it's in ####ing French". I meant it in jest, not malicious. Yes I was angry. Yes I had a couple of drinks before the show. Should I have not been so emotional about a subject we had been talking about since 2012? I wasn't abusive. I heckled him a bit. I've known him a long time. He knows what I'm like.

I wasn't intolerant. I wasn't bullying him.

I've given my side of the story in my video. What has really hurt me is the FANS (some of them from this fan club) on Twitter calling me a rude cow, bitch, ****, pig etc and the "Mika can sing what he wants campaign". If he had a Japanese song would you like to here that instead of WAG in Germany for example?

Now trolls leave me alone.

• Like 4

Exactly.....

I don't think he felt unsure about it at all, as he said that he KNEW how some British fans felt about the French songs but that he was going to sing them anyway. He even said at the beginning of the gig that it felt good to be speaking English and then he goes and sings a French song, so like... ???????

As I said, save the French songs for the French speaking audience who will appreciate them more. What Jemma said wasn't even harsh and vindictive like Mika was saying in that video, he way overstepped the mark and exaggerated everything, as he typically does. It's not like she actually insulted him or punched him in the face, Mika said "Not many people understand Boum Boum Boum" and all Jemma said "that's because it's in f*cking French".

Very well said, Jemma.

When Mika said "not everyone will understand"when talking about BBB I shouted out "That's because it's in ####ing French". I meant it in jest, not malicious. Yes I was angry. Yes I had a couple of drinks before the show. Should I have not been so emotional about a subject we had been talking about since 2012? I wasn't abusive. I heckled him a bit. I've known him a long time. He knows what I'm like.
I wasn't intolerant. I wasn't bullying him.
I've given my side of the story in my video. What has really hurt me is the FANS (some of them from this fan club) on Twitter calling me a rude cow, bitch, ****, pig etc and the "Mika can sing what he wants campaign". If he had a Japanese song would you like to here that instead of WAG in Germany for example?
Now trolls leave me alone.

Also, I think that some people forget that the UK hardly get any gigs these days, and that in comparison with other countries we get nothing, so why is it so difficult to accept that some people might want him doing certain songs in English which they love, instead of some others that they are totally indifferent to?

Let's recap, shall we?

We had the last "proper tour" here in 2010, and then he didn't come back until August 2012 (for Heaven) and then Dec 2012 (The Roundhouse). People were very excited at the Roundhouse, obviously, as it had been a loooong time without proper gigs, and his choice of French songs that night didn't seem to go down particularly well with the audience (which I guess isn't that surprising). Then we had NO GIGS until this one, in October 2015. Yes, that is right, no gigs since Dec 2012 until Oct 2015...that is a very very long time without getting one single gig of your favourite artist.

As the gig time is limited, and only a certain amount of songs can be done, lots of us were excited about hearing songs that we didn't get to hear that night, just because he chose to do others that we liked less and taht we can't identify with. This is what it's all about. Not about being intolerant, hateful, or being cruel to Mika.

• Like 2

You can be unsure about doing something even if you 've made the decision to do it anyway. Listening to feed-back doesn't mean that you have to do what the other person likes.

But of course i don't really know if he was unsure. He can also be very strong opiniated about this subject and feel that it is very intolerant of people to be mad or disappointed about him singing french songs.

I don't understand myself why this is such a problem although it is explained lots of time here.

But you don't understand why he can't do one concert in London without French songs so I guess we are even.

There was an interesting answer of Mika in the Asian thread (written interview)

He said he doesn't like pressure, he runs from it. It was in the context of people putting pressure on him for the sake of money but still.

I think it's also very important to him not to feel pressure in choosing the songs he likes and being the performer he wants to be.

Having said that, I agree his reaction on the shouting is out of proportion.

Edited by Pascale