2015 - Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

crazyaboutmika

This one seems to be much more reasonable to me, and I would not feel I need to defend for him if this is the post in the begining. I mean I still dont get why it's ok to heckle him, but I wont get into the defensive mode.

Instead, you called him a monster. I was like, really?

Again this is just a phrase in the English language and it doesn't mean anything horrible. To say that you have "created a monster" means that you have spoiled someone in such a way that they start behaving in ways you wish they wouldn't. If you gave your dog a treat every time they barked then they would be barking all the time and driving you nuts and you've got no one to blame but yourself because you caused them to act that way. This whole incident seems to me that Mika's fans are praising him, showering him with gifts, organizing surprises for him, chasing him all over the world, etc. and now he is so used to this he can't handle even the slightest disapproval. This is what you call "creating a monster". It doesn't mean Mika is like some kind of murderer, he is just acting spoiled and seems to have forgotten what it is like to be a normal person who doesn't have 300 adoring fans giving him unconditional love every day of his life.

Edited by Christine
  • Like 2

I know you like to express yourself with all this sassy words, I understand they sounds very impressive. I'm just trying to show you sometimes they may be a little TOO sassy. And it provoke the defensiveness in other fans. It's not that we are oversensitive or anything.

I'm sorry, but who are the 'we' in your example? Those who reduce their forum activity to posting pictures only with some random and often misspelled comments?

Well sorry but I am not going to change the way I have been talking for the past 40+ years to accommodate every single person who may be reading my posts. I can't read the minds of thousands of people and perfectly adjust my words according to their English level and sensitivities. I try my best but there comes a point when the reader has to take responsibility for their own feelings and ask for clarification if they don't understand something instead of jumping to conclusions and getting angry about something that was never intended. If everyone sterilized their posts to the point where it couldn't possibly be offensive to anyone, we would not have any personalities at all and nothing more to say than "Mika is amazing!!!!!!"

... which is exactly what happened to MFC.

• Like 2

Again this is just a phrase in the English language and it doesn't mean anything horrible. To say that you have "created a monster" means that you have spoiled someone in such a way that they start behaving in ways you wish they wouldn't. If you gave your dog a treat every time they barked then they would be barking all the time and driving you nuts and you've got no one to blame but yourself because you caused them to act that way. This whole incident seems to me that Mika's fans are praising him, showering him with gifts, organizing surprises for him, chasing him all over the world, etc. and now he is so used to this he can't handle even the slightest disapproval. This is what you call "create a monster". It doesn't mean Mika is like some kind of murderer, he is just acting spoiled and seems to have forgotten what it is like to be a normal person who doesn't have 300 adoring fans giving him unconditional love every day of his life.

But when I said "why do you make me feel like a monster" in the other thread, I was being called "dramatic" and "trying to escalate things up",....

I really really really dont understand :aah: !

And, please correct me if I'm wrong, are you comparing him to a dog? I really really hope I misunderstand here!

Edited by yang

popcorn-blank.gif

I am going to not get involved in the discussion for a change. I know, weird right?

Anyway, I am amazed how this escalated into a "this fan and several other MFCers are xenophobes and intolerant" discussion -> see twitter.

And I am amazed Mika did not make such a big deal out of us not being too kind to him about XFactor and the Voice. I genuinely wonder why this incident has had such an impact on him.

And now I shall retreat back to my cave.

• Like 3

But when I said "why do you make me feel like a monster" in the other thread, I was being called "dramatic" and "trying to escalate things up",....

I really really really dont understand :aah: !

And, please correct me if I'm wrong, are you comparing him to a dog? I really really hope I misunderstand here!

The word "monster" and the phrase "created a monster" do not mean the same thing. With "created a monster" you are only referring to a person who is spoiled - not a monster like a murderer or some kind of scary creature you would see in a movie.

I am not comparing Mika to a dog. I am just using the dog as an example of how you "create a monster". You could say it about a dog or a child or in this case, Mika :naughty:

I am sorry if my explanations are not making much sense but these words and phrases are second nature to me and I never even have to think about what they mean or how to explain it to someone else. That's why I can't just compartmentalize my language into sassy and non-sassy and stop using sassy words on MFC. I have no idea what other people view as too sassy if they are not native English speakers. It's especially difficult on MFC because it was full of English fans in the beginning and I never had to worry about explaining or censoring myself because most people understood what I meant.

Edited by Christine
  • Like 3

popcorn-blank.gif

I am going to not get involved in the discussion for a change. I know, weird right?

Anyway, I am amazed how this escalated into a "this fan and several other MFCers are xenophobes and intolerant" discussion -> see twitter.

And I am amazed Mika did not make such a big deal out of us not being too kind to him about XFactor and the Voice. I genuinely wonder why this incident has had such an impact on him.

Maybe it's because this offend something he valued. The diversity of his audience is always something he's very proud of, he mentioned it again and again. Maybe, just my guess.

The pic is really funny! :lmfao:

I understand why he did not react much in the gig, but lashed it out later, it's uncontrollable if something you expected to be wonderful get smudged. Like a conditional reflex. Two years ago this boy ruined my Chinese New Year eve dinner, I was so upset back then but still trying to smile cuz it's spring festival eve, but everytime I hear his name or the even the spring festival dinnner I remember him with this upsetting mood I swallowed back then, and had a very strong urge to complain about it. Maybe for someone it's not understandable, why I get so emotional about this one dinner. But the lunar new year eve dinner really mean a lot to me, especially when I now live abroad,.

Edited by yang

The word "monster" and the phrase "created a monster" do not mean the same thing. With "created a monster" you are only referring to a person who is spoiled - not a monster like a murderer or some kind of scary creature you would see in a movie.

I am not comparing Mika to a dog. I am just using the dog as an example of how you "create a monster". You could say it about a dog or a child or in this case, Mika :naughty:

I am sorry if my explanations are not making much sense but these words and phrases are second nature to me and I never even have to think about what they mean or how to explain it to someone else. That's why I can't just compartmentalize my language into sassy and non-sassy and stop using sassy words on MFC. I have no idea what other people view as too sassy if they are not native English speakers. It's especially difficult on MFC because it was full of English fans in the beginning and I never had to worry about explaining or censoring myself because most people understood what I meant.

We kind of understand, but not all of them, and the misunderstanding is not in a good way, trust my word on that.

OK now this part is understandable. I think maybe "Diva" is not as bad as I thought too. But do you mind explain to me whether "water flannel flaping around" and "baby need to be pandered" is not as bad as I thought? Cuz a lot times in a US movie or television show if someone are called as a "Giant baby" , they seem to be affended a lot.

We kind of understand, but not all of them, and the misunderstanding is not in a good way, trust my word on that.

OK now this part is understandable. I think maybe "Diva" is not as bad as I thought too. But do you mind explain to me whether "water flannel flaping around" and "baby need to be pandered" is not as bad as I thought? Cuz a lot times in a US movie or television show if someone are called as a "Giant baby" , they seem to be affended a lot.

Oh gosh yang this is exhausting :lmfao:

I am really tired and need to get some work done today so I do not have time to trawl back through the thread and see what people were trying to say here. Can we just put these words into perspective? Mika has called one of his fans intolerant. If they want to say he's a baby in response to that they are not being unnecessarily harsh at all. To say someone is intolerant is not just an insult it is an attack on their character. It is coming dangerously close to calling them a xenophobe which is one of the worst things you can say about a person. This is what people say about Donald Trump.

Oh gosh yang this is exhausting :lmfao:

I am really tired and need to get some work done today so I do not have time to trawl back through the thread and see what people were trying to say here. Can we just put these words into perspective? Mika has called one of his fans intolerant. If they want to say he's a baby in response to that they are not being unnecessarily harsh at all. To say someone is intolerant is not just an insult it is an attack on their character. It is coming dangerously close to calling them a xenophobe which is one of the worst things you can say about a person. This is what people say about Donald Trump.

haha this is exhausting for me too :lmfao: . I have a lot papers to grade too! But trust me the 18-20 undergrads' papers are better in logic, and their papers suddently look cuter to me :teehee: .

I dont think he is calling them intolerant, it's just their action (not allow even one French song). Similar like you are not attacking A and B in the "A s**k up B" phrase.

No one get close to Donald Trump about xenophobe :mf_rosetinted: .

But anyway maybe we need to stop, this seems to go into an endless cycle. We all agree that Jemma should not be attacked in these words. I just wish MIKA is not attacked in a similar way, less mean is still mean.

Edited by yang

He knows fans flies all over the world to see his show, he is very proud of that. His focus IS in the local, he just also put the foreign audience into consideration too.

Also, even some fans in UK areas like BBB live too, I say this again and again, do not ignore that.

If he puts foreign fans into consideration at gigs, can I look forward to hearing him speak some English at the Paris show?

I can tell you that this won't happen, and why should it, he is in France.

I am a long time fan, and I have traveled to France, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Spain and Holland to see him perform, I feel far from superior, as I am not rich, I save money where and when I can to go to gigs. I ask for the usual things like aftershow M&Gs, like everyone does, sometimes I'm lucky, sometimes not. 

The only reason Mika even knows who I am is because at the start, I did something WAAAY out of my comfort zone, and dressed in a costume, to try and fit in with people (REEEALLY nothing superior about that, especially almost getting arrested in London walking to a gig in it!), Even at that show he never even noticed me. That only happened in Germany when some of my crazy friends persuaded me to bring it, it got noticed, and the rest is pretty much MFC folklore.

I can tell you wearing that outfit, I never once felt superior to anyone, if anything it scared the hell out of me most times, not knowing what reaction I would get from people not in the know of what I was wearing it for.

I've tried after gigs to help keep M&Gs I've gone to, safe for everyone, keeping people back, knowing Mika will walk along and chat if they do, or getting in his car and leaving if they don't, not only here, but in other countries too. People tend to lose their heads when they see him, and crowd and push others, even Mika himself, not caring if anyone gets hurt or not. I guess my years being a health and safety rep brings it out in me. I don't do it to be superior, I do it, so everyone gets a chance to see him and not get hurt doing so. 

And it's not to suck up to him, which is not a rude thing, which I think you assume it is. Sucking up to someone is doing or saying things to someone to get their attention and get noticed. I just do these things to help other people, and fit in with the rest of the fan base, as I don't have great artistic skills like lots of people here do, I just use what little skills I do have to help whenever I can.

As far as the songs go, like Deb, my French is not great, I can't grasp the words to sing along to the songs, I just dance along, if they are danceable, and hope for the best. 

Do I wish Mika would not sing them at UK shows? If it means him missing out songs that are more popular, then I wish he wouldn't. But It is his setlist, and he wants to incorporate all aspects of his life into it, then that is his choice to make. Whether it is popular with the majority of the audience is another matter.

And I saw it written somewhere, not sure where, that Jemma should have taken it up with him after the show, rather than during it.

Well anyone who was there would know, that wasn't going to happen, because by the time we came out, the front and back entrances were packed, and none of us could get near them, let alone talk to him. He came to the back door waved then flew out the other side to the front door, and jumped in his car and left. 

So all the UK fans, who hadn't seen him to chat to in 3 years, were left standing wondering what had just happened. No one could ask him anything.

• Like 5

Actually, my thoughts exactly. The hell of rude words that were said about Mika is beyond my understanding about this place. If someone cares about others' feelings, why not to be a behavior example? 

I understand the feelings of many girls, but it results that Mika is the last to be taken into account here.

Have I missed something?

What rude words?

haha this is exhausting for me too :lmfao: . I have a lot papers to grade too! But trust me the 18-20 undergrads' papers are better in logic, and their papers suddently look cuter to me :teehee: .

I dont think he is calling them intolerant, it's just their action (not allow even one French song). Similar like you are not attacking A and B in the "A s**k up B" phrase.

No one get close to Donald Trump about xenophobe :mf_rosetinted: .

But anyway maybe we need to stop, this seems to go into an endless cycle. We all agree that Jemma should not be attacked in these words. I just wish MIKA is not attacked in a similar way, less mean is still mean.

HIs implication was very clear. He thought she was intolerant. Fans have been yapping all day on Twitter, calling English fans xenophobes. I am sorry, Mika is not getting a pass on this. What he said was terrible and he stirred up endless drama for no reason.

My logic is also very clear. I did not say A sucks up to B. I said Mika should not suck up to B while he is performing a concert for A.

• Like 2

Maybe it's because this offend something he valued. The diversity of his audience is always something he's very proud of, he mentioned it again and again. Maybe, just my guess.

The pic is really funny! :lmfao:

I understand why he did not react much in the gig, but lashed it out later, it's uncontrollable if something you expected to be wonderful get smudged. Like a conditional reflex. Two years ago this boy ruined my Chinese New Year eve dinner, I was so upset back then but still trying to smile cuz it's spring festival eve, but everytime I hear his name or the even the spring festival dinnner I remember him with this upsetting mood I swallowed back then, and had a very strong urge to complain about it. Maybe for someone it's not understandable, why I get so emotional about this one dinner. But the lunar new year eve dinner really mean a lot to me, especially when I now live abroad,.

I actually don't understand why he didn't react at the gig.

At one of the UK gigs he did back in 2010(can't remember if it was London or Manchester), someone threw to him on stage, a doll they had made, he picked it up and was very uncomplimentary about it.  

Now I don't know about anyone else in the audience, buy I felt uncomfortable, and sorry for the person who made the doll. I just didn't get why he did it.

If he didn't care back then about calling out a fan from the stage, what exactly has changed in the last few years?

And he mentioned this on the radio the next day here, he never waited 6 months in another country to do it.

I don't get why he has changed SO much in the last few years. It makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

Yang, at a lot of Mika's gigs in the UK in the past there have been exchanges between Mika and fans in the audience, so he is quite used to people calling out to him (and on occasions he has been quite rude back :naughty:).  It's not unusual or disrespectful behaviour.

Also, there are a lot of phrases used in English which people don't mean to be applied literally, so what it says on Google and what is meant when people use them in everyday speech can be quite different.

The f word is a good example :teehee:.

I actually don't understand why he didn't react at the gig.

At one of the UK gigs he did back in 2010(can't remember if it was London or Manchester), someone threw to him on stage, a doll they had made, he picked it up and was very uncomplimentary about it.  

Now I don't know about anyone else in the audience, buy I felt uncomfortable, and sorry for the person who made the doll. I just didn't get why he did it.

If he didn't care back then about calling out a fan from the stage, what exactly has changed in the last few years?

And he mentioned this on the radio the next day here, he never waited 6 months in another country to do it.

I don't get why he has changed SO much in the last few years. It makes no sense to me.

Well, I recall one incident where he called ME a "nasty bitch" when he was on stage because I made a funny comment about the puppet that he was using at the time...so there you go  :naughty: . He was not even the slightest bit perturbed or apologetic about that. Why would we have to wrap him in cotton wool then?

• Like 1

Hell-o

I hardly ever posted here in the last few years but since I was at the Adelphi gig I did ask myself what I would have done if I had been the target of Mika’s unexplainable and unreasonable response.  

First of all, I would have sold my (also 2nd row) Palladium ticket to some random fan who is willing to pay 200 GBP more just to get 2 metres closer and laugh at people’s desperation in disbelief... :teehee: Jemma did not do that, of course. She was offended publicly two times already and in situations where she could not respond so she recoded an impromtu video response – one any professional speaker could envy for its coherent yet heartfelt message.

So where does this ’intolerant’ label come from? As you can see from the video posted here, he asked the audience if they spoke French and the response was yes / no mixed. That is all I heard as well, 12 rows back. My response was also a ’no’ but naturally, no one in their right mind thinks this question is more than just a warm up to the obviously French song he had already planned to sing. At the same time, anyone who has ever been to his UK gigs in the early days knows that  he does deliberately trigger all sorts of responses from the audience and engages in some kind of conversation that usually stays one-sided unless you are really loud. He typically laughs and talks back – sometimes even rude things, just because he can.  There have been many examples of this happening at gigs where front row was not merely  a line of standing statues / bio scenery. How he arrived at the ’intolerant’ label and being ’hurt’, I can’t understand.  He does know that a certain percent of UK fans can’t stand him singing in French for several reasons and in my understanding ,it is not merely the language itself but also the fact that it reminds them of Mika having practically abandoned the UK to succeed in two, also very large (and less competitive) European pop markets:  France and Italy, with the help of his language skills. Well done for him: he seems to have done a great job on these shows and it seems to have been worth it.  That view changes though when it is looked at from the perspective of fans in other areas. How he does not understand why his fans in the UK react like that when they are reminded of him ’leaving them behind’ is beyond me.  Even I can relate to that, despite not living in the UK.

Also, there seems to be a general belief that the French songs are not liked because they are in French. I can obviously speak for myself only  but I do like a lot of French songs, actually, just not Mika’s, with the exception of L'amour Fait Ce Qu'il Veut perhaps. They just don’t appeal to me the least. If I liked them I would travel to his concerts in France but instead I choose to fly to shows where the setlist is more likely to include songs I like and he will speak in a language I understand. So when I hear him say at a UK gig he’ll sing  a French song,  my first reaction is : oh no. I do get over it and enjoy myself ,  of course, just like when he sings WAG, Starting at the Sun or Talk About You -  songs I don’t really like, either, but that is my problem. I practice my ’tolerance’. :)   What I don’t tolerate is twisting stories and playing the victim. His only excuse may be that he is making it up for the press and not realizing it can be tracked in other places as everything is recorded and appears on  Youtube. 

No, Jemma is not a random fan with 3 Mika Tofu dolls on her shelf and posting ’I love you Mika’ messages on Facebook. To me she is the fan who I watched speaking highly of Mika’s music on Skynews back at the first album launch party, sounding really excited about him being a breath of fresh air in the pop scene that was lacking fun and creativity back then. And yes, Mika WAS that, at least the promise of it. He paved the way for Lady Gaga and all the other pop acts that followed and whom he saw rise way higher than him. Those days are gone and so is the Mika who he was back in 2006/7. And perhaps that is what hurts the most. 

Edited by suzie
  • Like 9

popcorn-blank.gif

I think the big difference is that the people that have problems with his being in the Voice of X-factor are not in the audience when he is doing those shows and confronting him with their criticism when he is performing.

It has been said here that Mika has all the power in this situation and this might be true for him being able to express his views about a person without that person being able to explain of defend herself . (although Jemma did a very good and brave job posting a video on YouTube). But fans or concert-visitors have power too, especially combined as a group and they can (ab)use that power to unsettle an artist whether or not they mean to. 

In the introduction of Boum Boum Boum Mika said that he was more nervous for this gig than ....(can't hear what he said). He also said that he would explain why he was so nervous but I don't think he ever did.

I don't think Mika is a defenseless child. As some of you said he has been very capable of talking back to people and doesn't seem shy to express his opinion to people. But he is also a sensitive and intense performer and I believe the atmosphere in a gig is very important to him.

I've always found it wonderful to see his happiness an joy when things are going well and people love and sing and enjoy with him during a gig, like at the end of the French Grace Kelly song in Paris https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xuow-2cyew or at the Korean concert in Seoul last month.

The downside is that it probably makes him nervous when he is uncertain about the crowd's emotions. It's not the same performing in front of critical people as hearing or reading criticism through others or at the internet. Performing in England (London) seems to make him more nervous nowadays than performing elsewhere, perhaps that's even why he isn't doing that a lot lately (don't bite me, i'm only suggesting that it might be so). I don't know why. Perhaps because his roots are in England. Although he has said that he is from a lot of places, he lives in London and has spent an important period of his life there. Also his career started there. He did a lot of touring in England and I think in the beginning most of the fans were English. So logically and obviously, there are a lot of expectations of some of the English fans. Maybe those expectations weigh heavily on him. He said that he hates pressure earlier..

People are saying that he should be able to deal with criticism, act as a professional (meaning not complaining about this in public) and that he needs to grow up. Perhaps he should. It would certainly make life easier for him. But isn't the happy vulnerable child in him something that we love as well? I would hate it  when that child disappears or if he just did routine concerts, not caring about how his public is reacting. Or if he would hide all of his feelings to avoid discussion. Yeah i know there's something between not caring and sucking up ;) and between hiding your feelings and offending people but its not always easy to be perfect. 

Like I said I don't think Mika is defenseless and I don't think he needs others to defend him. Especially not when they do that by attacking people that -as they believe- hurt Mika. But I do think he is vulnerable on stage and can be upset and hurt if he doesn't feel the connection with the crowd. And apparently in London he didn't (for a part of the concert).

I don't know how heavy this upset feeling is. After all he is an experienced performer. He didn't show his feelings at the concert itself and he might have been exaggerating them for the sake of the story although he sure looked upset and angry talking about the incident. However even if he was indeed very hurt and upset by the incident, then I still don't think it was appropriate that he blames the fan for all of his upset feelings. It was a rather innocent comment and it's not Jemma's fault if he finds it difficult to cope with the expectations of the English fans. If he can't handle (anymore) such comments as the one that was made at that gig, then he's going to have a very difficult life as a performer. And no dedicated fan wil be able to protect him from that.,

But please let's not make too much out of this. He was upset, he reacted impulsively at the question in the interview. After all a lot of people have been wishing that he would show more of his true feelings nowadays instead of giving the "right" and safe anwers . Well. he did. Admittedly, not in a good or sensible way (at least, that's what I think) But just as well as I feel that there's no need to fall over Jemma because of her shouting, i don't think it's necessary to fall over Mika because of what he said in the interview. 

I feel sorry for Jemma because of his harsh words, it must be very painful to hear your idol say things about you like that. I don't think she deserved those strong words based on what I saw and heard about her. But in the end of the day that's between her and Mika.

The issue of the French songs is something else. But my post is already way too long :doh:  and most things have already been said about that. I hope Mika and the "no French-songs- in-England"fans will find a solution for it. 

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 4

popcorn-blank.gif

Awww... I loved Thriller-era Michael Jackson. :wub:

Anyhow, to address those concerned about what sort of language is and isn't allowed here on the forum, I'll say it again. Look over our guidelines.

The link is in my sig below.

Pay particular attention to #2 -- calling someone a "diva" or a "baby" is not the same as a personal attack on their appearance, their race, their gender, or their sexuality. In addition, "diva" and "baby" are not considered "curse" words. Some of the words I've seen floating around on Twitter relating to this particular situation ARE.

I don't want that to spill over to MFC. Being critical of Mika's behavior is not the same thing as personally attacked another fan and calling her a cow. If you don't understand the difference, I'm not sure I know how to explain that. :dunno:

• Like 2

I don't want that to spill over to MFC. Being critical of Mika's behavior is not the same thing as personally attacked another fan and calling her a cow. If you don't understand the difference, I'm not sure I know how to explain that. :dunno:

I understand the difference. I just dont how critical can a post be, when will the post be too critical it reach the level of mean/rude? Or is a mean/rude post towards mika also acceptable?

Edited by yang
  • Like 1

I lost all my multiquotes so just going to make this quick:

Sariflor - Love that video.

Suzie - Fantastic post. You're right the old Mika is gone and that is the most difficult part (see sariflor's video for a reminder!)

Pascale - I think Mika's nervousness about the UK has always been about feeling he will be crucified by the media as well as facing an unpleasant reminder that he is not the star he used to be in the UK or the star he is elsewhere. He was being interviewed before a London gig several years ago and said he was trying to escape and/or wanted to vomit or something along those lines. I understand this but it feels like he is penalizing the loyal UK fans for the sins of the ones who were not loyal and moved on. He has generally made some critical remarks about Brits or feeling like an outsider in England, in DIRECT contrast to how he feels about other countries and their people (like saying the French are so much more X than Brits, rather than just simply complimenting the French and leaving it at that). These have been mild, somewhat ambiguous comments in isolation, but when taken altogether they come across like he doesn't feel much love for the Brits. It is very weird that he will go up to 3 years in between UK gigs. London is his hometown and it's not normal that he shuns it for such long periods of time. All of my favourite artists who are based in Toronto play here all the time. In fact a lot of UK artists will also come here 2 or 3 times a year when they are promoting an album even if they are at the same level of Mika. Anyway...this reaction about the Adelphi seems like such an unequivocal venting of his feelings about this. It's like Jemma's comment is some sort of proxy for his bad feelings about the UK - it was intolerant, mean, he HATED it. This is such an abnormally bitter and aggressive thing for him to say about anything or anyone and for him to say it about Jemma makes me think it had nothing to do with Jemma at all because it is so irrational.

As for him growing up/being honest. I don't think this was some shining example of honesty. It is either a case of misdirected anger at something else or he is just throwing one of his fans under the bus to spin a tale to the world about how diverse and tolerant he and all (but one of) his fans are. I don't see it as some childlike behaviour to be cherished. I don't believe he would have said something like this when he was younger. It is really out of character for him.

yang - Mika is not here. I know you don't think it matters but it does. You can't be rude to someone by saying things they will never hear. I expect people were saying all sorts of things in private messages today - MFC, Twitter, FB. As long as these conversations are private the people saying them are not being "rude" to other members and the moderators are not going to police them.

Edited by Christine
  • Like 1

yang - Mika is not here. I know you don't think it matters but it does. You can't be rude to someone by saying things they will never hear. I expect people were saying all sorts of things in private messages today - MFC, Twitter, FB. As long as these conversations are private the people saying them are not being "rude" to other members and the moderators are not going to police them.

Mika is not here, mika fans are here, and A LOT mika fans (like me)  understand fandom in a completely different way. I can see what other people said about the idol I loved and cherished, and you dont think that will trigger a fight in someway?

This being said, if mika does not mind being criticized in that way, and does not think it's mean/rude. Then maybe I should let it go too.

Edited by yang
  • Like 2

I'm sorry, but who are the 'we' in your example? Those who reduce their forum activity to posting pictures only with some random and often misspelled comments?

I cant believe I missed this post, yeah we have a lot misspelled comments, and we may post more pics than words, sooooo?

Guideline : "Do not mock someone because of the way they speak/write, or the amount of time they spend on the forum.'

Edited by yang