2015 - Adelphi Theatre, London 18 October - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

crazyaboutmika

He didn't do All That She Wants - maybe because of his grandma in the audience lol

All She Wants wasn't on the original set list & as far as I can remember I don't think he performed at it any of the other gigs on this tour so I assume that was planned in advance.

Just a few quick words from my mobile while sitting in Eurostar. Loved this London gig :wub2: Loved loved loved it and think everything went as well as possible. It was the end of the tour and he must have been so tired already but gave such a good energy and included every possible song I was hoping for. OMS!! :wub2: Hurts!! Love the dance version even I wasn't sure in advance because the album version is so incredibly beautiful. The best Promiseland so far and the whole crowd responded well (as the opposite to Paris where the big audience didn't seem to know the song yet). So happy he did Boum Boum Boum as it's one of fav gig songs and loved the London version (wasn't sure we will get any French songs). Amazing Last Party! And the arrangement for some older songs are so cool and welcome. The theater was lovely and small, much smaller than I expected. Great to see so many fans gathered. Will miss you all! Thanks Deb for organizing the pub meeting!

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 9

Just a few quick words from my mobile while sitting in Eurostar. Loved this London gig :wub2: Loved loved loved it and think everything went as well as possible. It was the end of the tour and he must have been so tired already but gave such a good energy and included every possible song I was hoping for. OMS!! :wub2: Hurts!! Love the dance version even I wasn't sure in advance because the album version is so incredibly beautiful. The best Promiseland so far and the whole crowd responded well (as the opposite to Paris where the big audience didn't seem to know the song yet). So happy he did Boum Boum Boum as it's one of fav gig songs and loved the London version (wasn't sure we will get any French songs). Amazing Last Party! And the arrangement for some older songs are so cool and welcome. The theater was lovely and small, much smaller than I expected. Great to see so many fans gathered. Will miss you all! Thanks Deb for organizing the pub meeting!

Thank you for your lovely report. Did you film Hurts by the way? :fisch:  I think I am a little obsessed by the new version.

Edited by Menthe

Someone near me wasn't happy that he chose to perform a French song & was very vocal about her views.

Actually there were quite a lot of people not happy that he did a French song ....

• Like 2

Really really enjoyed last night's show.  Mika was full of energy and it was so good to hear the new songs at last.  (Almost worth having to wait three years for - but only almost).  So good to have seats - not that anyone sat down for long, but at least you had your own space.  And no queueing!

Still trying to sort out my impressions of the show.

Promiseland got such a great reaction from the audience, I still can't understand why it was only a bonus track on the album :blink:

Other highlights for me were Happy Ending and Last Party, both full of emotion, and the new arrangements for Lollipop and Love Today, which gave them a fresh feel.

Not so sure about the version of Hurts, I love the song but feel it is better as a piano ballad.  But I'm glad he included it in the set.

When we held up the buildings, stars etc for Talk About You there was a lovely smile on his face as he looked round the theatre and realised what was happening.

And although I hadn't been too keen on the flags idea, I have to admit it worked perfectly and again he was quite overcome by it all.

• Like 6

Actually there were quite a lot of people not happy that he did a French song ....

Mika knows that too... he once mentioned that UK ppl doesn't like French songs played on radio so... no wonder ppl don't like listening it in live.

Edited by Yuna
  • Like 1

Mika knows that too... he once mentioned that UK ppl doesn't like French songs played on radio so... no wonder ppl don't like listening it in live.

Generally French songs don't go down too well in the UK, but there are exceptions (La Vie En Rose for one).  As far as Mika songs go, I think if he had done Elle Me Dit no-one would have minded. 

Sorry, I wasn't trying to mislead anyone, I was just only aware of the one person objecting to Boum Boum Boum from where I was sat.

Edited by mysti1990

It was amazing! I think all of the songs were discussed so far, but can we appreciate the moment when he was singing unplugged once again? Magic. I was stunned. 

It was lovely to meet you all! I hope we will meet in London once again soon, as it is my current home now. 

• Like 3

All She Wants wasn't on the original set list & as far as I can remember I don't think he performed at it any of the other gigs on this tour so I assume that was planned in advance.

I was told by girls I was with he sang ATSW in Madrid but maybe that was an exception then ;-)

Before Boum Boum Boum he made a funny introduction - he said he'd teach us a few French words (coeur, philosophie and I guess something else I do t remember now) but he did it in such a cute and funny way, of course realising people don't like French songs here. He also promised it's the only French song in the show. I don't know why someone could still object to that, especially that the song is really cool and sounds amazing live.

• Like 6

I was told by girls I was with he sang ATSW in Madrid but maybe that was an exception then ;-)

I was in Madrid and he didnt sing ATSW. As fa as I know, he has not sung the song in any gig of #HeavenTour correct me if Im wrong but I can assure you he didnt sing it in Madrid. 

It was amazing! I think all of the songs were discussed so far, but can we appreciate the moment when he was singing unplugged once again? Magic. I was stunned. 

It was lovely to meet you all! I hope we will meet in London once again soon, as it is my current home now. 

Last night was simply amazing! So so happy I was there :D

I think having so many MFCers around made it a really memorable gig - for Mika as well as us.

Only sorry I didn't get to say hi to more people (maybe we should have had name badges)

• Like 4

I´m back at home, very tired but happy after the weekend . Loved the Meet up, thank you Deb for the organisation. It was so nice to meet old friends an new ones.

The Concert was fantastic, enjoyed every minute of it.

I´m really tired, uploaded only 3 Pics, more will follow.

z4hfovkx.jpg

jevhamos.jpg

2jrkhike.jpg

• Like 9

I love this review :wub2:

http://www.music-news.com/review/UK/11443/Live/Mika?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=simplykarlos

MikaThe Adelphi Theatre18 October 2015(gig)4 hEmilie DevilletShare with:Last night was the last date of Mika’s tour. The quirky singer chose to perform his last show in London, at the Adelphi Theatre, a small venue that made the performance intimate and special, both for Mika and for his many fans.Mika is a special performer and so you know, right upfront, that seeing him on stage is going to be a real treat and a true unique experience. His latest album No Place In Heaven was released mid-June this year and has proven to be quite a success. The singer has been on tour with his circus-like stage arrangements for the last months and London was the last stop on his map.The singer started off the gig by an acapella version of No Place In Heaven that left the audience in awe, as people were looking at the stage with amazed eyes and wide-opened mouths. Mika then sang Big Girls, which goteverybody cheering and clapping along.Dressed in a black suit embroidered with glittery fireworks, the singer expressed his happiness to be performing at the Adelphi Theatre and reminded the audience that he could see each and everyone of them. Playing the piano, dancing, singing and interacting with the public, Mika pleased everybody by performing his hits (Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Relax, Happy Ending) but alsotracks from his most recent album: the catchy Talk AboutYou, Good Guys and Last Party, an homage to Freddie Mercury and a very moving and beautiful song.Mika is having fun on stage and his enthusiasm is highly contagious. His audience gathers many different people, from teenagers to grandmas, from men in suits to ladies in high heels. The singer knows how to make his fans happy and alternates acapella performances and piano playing. The encore was a hysterical plea for more and the concert ended with a massive standing ovation that seemed to move Mika.If you ever have the chance or opportunity to see Mika live, by all means, go for it: it is a one of a kind experience that will leave you with a happy heart, dancing feet and a big smile on your face.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 8

I think having so many MFCers around made it a really memorable gig - for Mika as well as us.

Only sorry I didn't get to say hi to more people (maybe we should have had name badges)

Aww, same here! 

I met so many amazing people (but not enough!) in such a short period of time, shame that we could not spend more time together. 

Yes to the badges! :))) definitely that I realised that my nickname I use here (and everywhere else) might be pronounced differently in your thoughts - so when I was introducing myself, I could seem as someone completely random c:

• Like 1