2015 - Teatro Sociale in Como - 24 October : REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

On 12/13/2015 at 10:05 PM, DerMoment1608 said:

Here is another recording:

https://t.co/p0fG75rCRV

https://t.co/5jBv3vzc05 (same file as Zip as downloading of the first link doesn't work)

The stream is without any stops (the beginning of UW is out of synch though)

And the audio:

https://t.co/PalinqVBFC

Here's the recording, guys. A little bit crash at the beginning and during "Good Guys" and "Stardust".  :sorry:

VK: http://vk.com/video335293585_171581884

:Update:  for "Intro + Underwater", "Good Guys", and "Stardust".  :thumb_yello:

VK: http://vk.com/video335293585_171593808

YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN6eKdw2AIA

http://i.imgur.com/3ahNtmj.gif

On 12/14/2015 at 11:49 AM, Kumazzz said:

:italia:   Please post reports, pics and videos here !!! :fangurl::fangurl::fangurl:

https://instagram.com/p/9OaYWlziI3/

12145018_610853285746610_1590931086_n.jp

Setlist : uploaded by Tillymilo

On 10/24/2015 at 11:11 PM, Kumazzz said:

========

REPORTS

========

========

PICS

========

========

VIDEOS

========

========

AUDIO

========

========

MEDIA

========

• Like 4

Thanks a lot for posting Nena !! :wub:

DEMOTIX

http://www.demotix.com/news/8878898/mika-reinterprets-his-hits-affinis-consort-orchestra-como#media-8878890

Mika reinterprets his hits with "Affinis Consort" orchestra in Como

24 October 2015

Mika reinterprets his repertoire of hits and proposes new songs with "Affinis Consort" symphonic orchestra, directed by Simon Leclerc, created specially for the occasion by 81 international professionals: 65 musicians and 16 singers.

post-18723-0-35395500-1445728645_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-49729200-1445728647_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-14731800-1445728691_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-53376200-1445728701_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-07617700-1445728710_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-26089300-1445728719_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-92658900-1445728726_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-84373100-1445728733_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-75236000-1445728753_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-78082000-1445728761_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-72960500-1445728782_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-71951900-1445728791_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-01938600-1445728802_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-76219200-1445728802_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-14578700-1445728811_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-55678700-1445728818_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-07797600-1445728826_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-72164600-1445728836_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-45401900-1445728837_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-42355700-1445728845_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-97481600-1445728852_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-00674700-1445728860_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-25796800-1445728867_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-77289500-1445728874_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Stunning concert :wub2: His singing was breathtaking. I cried half of the songs, it was exceptionally touching, he went really into every song and his voice was beautiful, especially his lower voice. He wasn't controlling himself like he did in Montreal, the performance was more relaxed and even playful. The venue was so pretty and the audience behaved okay. It was young, noisy, shouting things and had posters (they let people bring posters to a venue like that??)but he handled them quite well. I cannot decide all my favorites yet, definitely UW, LP, GG, Heroes, Relax... Will write a proper report tomorrow. Lovely experience :wub2:

Edited by tiibet
  • Like 14

RE-POST from the BEFORE thread

https://instagram.com/p/9MG8MqTiDh/

• mikainstagram At rehearsals for tomorrow nights symphonic concert in Como!

12139756_632142750261041_513159681_n.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/9MJgAsziIb/

12093824_1685569215020257_1301411721_n.j

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

In bocca al lupo a @mikasounds per il suo concerto a Como, che fra qualche settimana potrete rivedere su @SkyUno! #MikaComo

Stunning concert :wub2: His singing was breathtaking. I cried half of the songs, it was exceptionally touching, he went really into every song and his voice was beautiful, especially his lower voice. He wasn't controlling himself like he did in Montreal, the performance was more relaxed and even playful. The venue was so pretty and the audience behaved okay. It was young, noisy, shouting things and had posters (they let people bring posters to a venue like that??)but he handled them quite well. I cannot decide all my favorites yet, definitely UW, LP, GG, Heroes, Relax... Will write a proper report tomorrow. Lovely experience :wub2:

Posters? :shocked::facepalm: 

Thanks for sharing and I cannot wait for your proper report. :hug: Oh, it made me cry a happy tears. The concert must be so wonderful. :wub:

• Like 1

La Provincia

http://www.laprovinciadicomo.it/stories/como-citta/delirio-mika-che-notte-al-sociale_1147894_11/

Delirio per Mika questa sera al Teatro Sociale: la popstar ha letteralmente fatto esplodere di fan la massima sala cittadina con un concerto a sorpresa e attesissimo. Un evento unico, diverso dai concerti rock con cui ha riempito i principali palazzetti italiani l’estate scorsa.

Accompagnato dall’orchestra Affinis Consort diretta da Simon Leclerc, l’artista ha proposto i suoi brani in chiave sinfonica per una performance filmata da Sky. Nel foyer un cartello avvisava il pubblico della presenza delle telecamere, comunicando ai presenti che sarebbero entrati a far parte delle riprese. Saranno stati tutti ben felici. E in piazza Verdi c’era davvero un pubblico eterogeneo prima del via. Tanti ragazzi, come è ovvio, ma anche non poche mamme e papà, non meno entusiasti.

22426612486_ecdb1c9d00_b.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your report, Grazia Tillymilo. :wub:

Hi everyone!
Yesterday it was amazing, absolutely fantastic!
He was incredible because he was acting every song, like to make an example "ordinary man" in Madrid!
I was in Montreal as well but yesterday was more because he was more comfortable to sing and stay in the stage.
I' m so happy because Sky tv recorded everything and everybody will watch all the show!
My friends and I were very moved yesterday and I'm so proud to be his fan

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

Would have loved to have heard Make You Happy, Overrated and Stardust at any gig, nevermind a symphony one. Will this whole thing be broadcast on TV? Please tell me all the other singers were classical and not Chiara or similar.

• Like 2

Would have loved to have heard Make You Happy, Overrated and Stardust at any gig, nevermind a symphony one. Will this whole thing be broadcast on TV? Please tell me all the other singers were classical and not Chiara or similar.

Wasn't it even supposed to be released on dvd? I saw max on the pix, and a woman i don't know, but she looked like an opera singer. Did they introduce her at the gig?

• Like 1

Sounds lovely - but I'm surprised there's so little from NPIH. Although I suppose (I know nothing about music!) that hearing the orchestral version of the earlier songs would be more fun/interesting/refreshing. Hoping to hear lots of them.

Wasn't it even supposed to be released on dvd? I saw max on the pix, and a woman i don't know, but she looked like an opera singer. Did they introduce her at the gig?

Yes, I saw Max there also -- not sure yet who the woman was. And I assume that there were other singers in the background like there were in Montreal? :dunno:

I don't recall any mention of a DVD, but if they've recorded the whole program, there should be. I don't think they gave a date for the TV broadcast, just said November. Which would be perfectly timed for the re-issue of NPIH, right? So I'm guessing around the 13th would make sense. :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

The whole (i really hope the whole) concert will be broadcast on italian Sky probably on November for the launch of the new release of No Place in Heaven with the Montreal record.

Relax! I tell you: no xfactor singers, just Max and a lady classical singer. A pretty and elegant big swedish lady friend of Mika and as tall as Max and Ida all togheter one over the other :lmfao: Maybe even taller than the boss!

And in particular Mika sung Stardust alone. The choir started just with the oh oh oh oh oooooooh refrain.

• Like 4

To attend Como concert was a privilege.

I risqued to miss all this... because the nightmare of tickets (it is now clear that italian fans are not considered as good fans... maybe we are too much, i don't know...)

But Mfcers friends saved me (thank you again) and the concert was a dream.

A dream for the historic theatre and the wonderfull orchestra, the professionalism and seriousness of the conductor Mister Leclerc, the classical arrangement of the songs (an amazing surprise) and also because Mika was really very good.

Maybe his voice was not always perfect but the interpretation was magic.

Or better... also the interpretation sometimes was too much theatrical but i appreciate the whole effort.

I saw in his eyes the expressions that maybe he learned when he studied opera. 

He returned the boy who learned to be a man when he started to work on classical music.

He was a singer, an entertainer and an actor. And in a serious way but also in a funny way. He also made the audience laugh with his usual irony. And he bewitched the audience standing at his place, without run, jump, scream and dance.

His deep voice was really a pleasure to hear.

The concert was a dream for me also because i could recover my dignity of fan.

Finally we were in a proper place designed for music and not in a "no-place" designed for sport and without a decent acoustics.

We were all seating, people around me and my friends fan was elegant and fragrant and they all did not look as homeless after a whole day spent in the queue.

No pushing, no sweat and, above all, no rumor!!! No scream, no whistles.

I'll tell you an anecdote. During Love Today (or maybe another song, it is not important) the audience started to clap in time, also because Mika does not resist not to incite the crowds, even if unawares.

Mister Leclerc turned and silence the audience!

Please Mister Leclerc, come to all concerts and prevent the histerical shouts of teenagers girls!!

I know what you, dear Mfcers, and maybe what Mika himself think... Mika music is pop and pop means standing concerts, shamanistic ritual between artist and crowd, crazy audience, dance and fun.

And i'm sure Mika prefere an audience who sing, clap and sweats with him.

But i'm an old lady, i still think that music must be heard! Heard in the silence. And also i think  that it is possible enjoy a gig dancing gently in our own seat and not  necessarily only jumping.

Anyway since i'm not so "old lady" maybe the happy medium is a concert (in a concert hall and not in a sports hall) with seating or standing people who enjoy the gig without pushing, who don't scream but who sing in choir. And if an entire orchestra is too much expensive i can be satisfied by some violinists... like the Song of Sorrow tour on 2009.

Good job Mister Mika. Please give us a lot of these magic nights (possibly with a presale for fans)

I don't like to embrace strangers but probably yesterday you deserved an hug and congratulations.

It did not happen and now your time for an hug is over. 

But.. your time to fill your career with events as special as the yesterday night one is still valid.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

To attend Como concert was a privilege.

I risqued to miss all this... because the nightmare of tickets (it is now clear that italian fans are not considered as good fans... maybe we are too much, i don't know...)

But Mfcers friends saved me (thank you again) and the concert was a dream.

A dream for the historic theatre and the wonderfull orchestra, the professionalism and seriousness of the conductor Mister Leclerc, the classical arrangement of the songs (an amazing surprise) and also because Mika was really very good.

Maybe his voice was not always perfect but the interpretation was magic.

Or better... also the interpretation sometimes was too much theatrical but i appreciate the whole effort.

I saw in his eyes the expressions that maybe he learned when he studied opera.

He returned the boy who learned to be a man when he started to work on classical music.

He was a singer, an entertainer and an actor. And in a serious way but also in a funny way. He also made the audience laugh with his usual irony. And he bewitched the audience standing at his place, without run, jump, scream and dance.

His deep voice was really a pleasure to hear.

The concert was a dream for me also because i could recover my dignity of fan.

Finally we were in a proper place designed for music and not in a "no-place" designed for sport and without a decent acoustics.

We were all seating, people around me and my friends fan was elegant and fragrant and they all did not look as homeless after a whole day spent in the queue.

No pushing, no sweat and, above all, no rumor!!! No scream, no whistles.

I'll tell you an anecdote. During Love Today (or maybe another song, it is not important) the audience started to clap in time, also because Mika does not resist not to incite the crowds, even if unawares.

Mister Leclerc turned and silence the audience!

Please Mister Leclerc, come to all concerts and prevent the histerical shouts of teenagers girls!!

I know what you, dear Mfcers, and maybe what Mika himself think... Mika music is pop and pop means standing concerts, shamanistic ritual between artist and crowd, crazy audience, dance and fun.

And i'm sure Mika prefere an audience who sing, clap and sweats with him.

But i'm an old lady, i still think that music must be heard! Heard in the silence. And also i think that it is possible enjoy a gig dancing gently in our own seat and not necessarily only jumping.

Anyway since i'm not so "old lady" maybe the happy medium is a concert (in a concert hall and not in a sports hall) with seating or standing people who enjoy the gig without pushing, who don't scream but who sing in choir. And if an entire orchestra is too much expensive i can be satisfied by some violinists... like the Song of Sorrow tour on 2009.

Good job Mister Mika. Please give us a lot of these magic nights (possibly with a presale for fans)

I don't like to embrace strangers but probably yesterday you deserved an hug and congratulations.

It did not happen and now your time for an hug is over.

But.. your time to fill your career with events as special as the yesterday night one is still valid.

Mr Leclerc is quite good for silencing an audience :D

The clapping disturbs the orchestra...

Nice report!

• Like 5

Consider that i did not know anything about the far concerts of Montreal...

so...

Overrated was a big surprise! 

I'm proud to hear Heroes for the first time!

Make you happy was fantastic without that boring and repetitive robot voice!

Thank you Mika for these songs and thank you Mister Leclerc to have arranged them so good.

Edited by allegra
  • Like 6

I'm really sorry that a lot of italian and foreigner fans could not attend this gig, and in particular i'm sorry for some mfcers outside the theatre without tickets.

Don't be sad, there will be the tv broadcast and i'm sure that our magnificent MFC team will manage to share the video. Maybe in a private way if it is forbidden to share.

• Like 6

Thanks for the report ,can't wait for the CD issue and TV coverage

And I share part of allegra's point of you : For me singing,claping and dancing is ok but screaming....WHY?????? :shocked: :shocked:

Sounds lovely - but I'm surprised there's so little from NPIH.

The arrangements were written for the Montreal shows, months before the album came out. Think the only "new" song on here is Stardust.

Edited by Christine

I can not make a proper report as I've actually not attended the gig but I've been lucky enough to see a good part of it from outside because the television guys let a few of us watch it on the screens in their truck  :thumb_yello:

Of course it was not the best conditions because every now and then people speaking so loud came by screaming "que bellooooooo!!!" as soon as they saw mika on the screens but luckily they did not stay very long and I could still hear a good part of the songs. I could actually see 5 mika at the same time thanks to the screens  :teehee: Unfortunately, right after the beginning of the 2nd part, people from the staff of the theatre saw that some teenage girls were taking pictures and filming the screens so they asked us to leave but I'm still very happy that I could see a good part of the concert.

I can only agree with Allegra that those acoustic concerts are an open door to Music with a giant "M". As much as the "normal" gigs usually give a very clear view of the performer Mika is, listening to him with a symphonic orchestra just throws his talent into your face. Therefore I'm very happy that he did it one more time so that more people could get the chance to listen to this and I really hope he'll do other concerts like this one in different part of the world just to give more people an opportunity to experience in such a pure form how talented he is.

I cannot compare the gigs in Montreal with this one as the conditions were quite different for me and i must say I don't really care about which was better or not. The only important thing to me is that those concerts are pure magic.

I've been really happy to see many MFCers before and after the concert and I've enjoyed my trip to Como a lot. It was just perfect  :)

• Like 10