What Mika song has the most meaning to you?

Hannah_joel

I've been thinking on this question for a while now because it's so hard to choose just one.

But, finally I decided upon Overrated.  Any version of it, all the versions of it!  

I loved the demo when I first heard it, because his voice and the lyrics are so gut-wrenching.  I loved the re-done album version, it's more in the vein of the other musicians i listen to & i relate to the lyrics much more than any typical love song.  I loved the acoustic version on the TOOL bonus disc.  When the song started at the OSM symphony concerts i teared up (something i very rarely do ever & certainly not for music) because i was so happy.  Every night it he performed it, it moved & transfixed me.

:fangurl:

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3

AHHHHH HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION CHOOSING JUST ONE?! Okay. 

Songs that I relate to the most: 

No Place In Heaven

Talk About You

Big Girls You are Beautiful

Songs that stand out for me in my life are/ have the most meaning to me :

Grace Kelly because that was the first Mika song I ever heard.

Elle Me Dit because that was the song that kindled my adolescent love for him, after a non existent love for him during my childhood.

Underwater because it gets me through my anxiety attacks, find it extremely theraputic, and I also had such a moment singing it in the dark in my bed with Mika and the crowd at one of his concerts on YouTube, a moment that I'll never forget. 

• Like 1

1.Elle me dit- it was my first Mika song and it was the one that made me say, hey, whoever sings it, I like him! 

2.Underwater was second, the one I listened to when I finally decided to check out the person who sang Elle me dit. It was the song that made me love Mika. 

And 3.Stuck in the Middle is the story of my life (my mom and I, minus the five kids part :naughty: ) and now there is the part two- Another Son (minus the word 'son', Lebanon and wife :teehee: ). 

So, to recapitulate, if the question is 'Which song has the most meaning to you'=Which song is special, then it's Elle me dit and Underwater. 

If the question is 'Which song has the most meaning to you'- it's Stuck in the Middle and Another Son. 

And if the question is 'Which song has the most meaning to you', I think it's The Origin of Love, No Place in Heaven and Last Party. As well as the rest of his songs  :shocked:  :doh:  :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

I have so many to choose from!

I love Grace Kelly - it's the first song of his that I heard, as I was around when he first started,

Any Other World was the first song that I taught myself to play on the piano,

Origin of Love because Mika is my origin  :wub:

No Place In Heaven because at his gig I was so happy I burst into tears with this song :naughty:

Underwater because of the lyrics and the music video, also because I forced my piano tutor to teach me this :thumb_yello:  

We Are Golden because my favourite thing I own is a rare golden 7" vinyl with this song

J'ai Pas Envie just because I absolutely love the beat and I find the lyrics to be extremely clever,

Last Party because I spent absolutely aaaages trying to make sheet music for this gorgeous song,

Happy Ending because it's so beautifully tragic and sad and it's my dad's favourite song as well...

But the song that means the most to me is Good Guys, especially the chorus but the lyrics in general I feel a real connection to as I suffer from depression and and anxiety and this is the only song that'll get me out of my horrible moods and the only thing that calms me down  :)  :wub:

:mikacool:

Edited by Mika'sfreak
  • Like 1

can't choose one cause it depends on my mood or what i am thinking at the time but heroes because of all the crap going on in the world right now i think it speaks of it all perfectly, no place in heaven and rain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a very good question...

I think that the first one would be Lady Jane, it is so beautiful it is just a perfect song...

Then It should be We are Golden because of the rythm, the message and all the joy that it gives me when I isten to it !!! :dance_man:

Then maybe Love Today,because of his message, or the origin of love because of the rythm and his beautiful lyrics, :yes:

But also Over my shoulder and Any other world,because they are musically so beautiful, when I listen to them and I feel better  :hug:

And finally Last Party make me want to cry every time I hear it... :(

I really don't know which one to choose... :sneaky2:

Oh and there is also Promisland ,very beautiful one too,and Hurts which reminds me so many memories, and Rain (No comment because it is just perfect too) on the symphonic version... and Toy boy which is so classy in orchestra version...

I love them all anyway .... :teehee:

I don't F******* know which one to choose !!! :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

The song with the biggest meaning to me is Ordinary Man, I feel like I can relate to that feeling very much. Every single word describes it just perfectly and that's probably why this song is so powerful to me!

I tried to write a list of songs which help me/cheer me up/relax me and I really thought it would have been so much easier to choose but... IT WASN'T! :huh:

I think it depends on the moment! There's always one of his songs that makes me feel understood, no matter what mood I'm in or what's happening around me so maybe the real answer is all of them?  :dunno:

I love Origin of Love with all my heart. Especially the words, they are so deep and related to being happy of what you are, no matter what. And of course it's a beautiful love song  :wub:

One day I was joking with my boyfriend saying that I want this song to be played at our marriage and he replied "Of course, we could invite Mika to play for us"  :naughty:

• Like 1

Ok so mine would have to be:

1. No Place in Heaven

2. Oh Girl Your The Devil

3. Promiseland

4. Rio

I'm not really sure why but they all really speak out to me and I can totally relate to each of them, especially Rio because I'm such a klutz most of the time   :)  :wink2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Any other world without hesitation!

I can totally relate to this song, like many teenagers I think.

You live your life without thinking too much about it, and then something happens, and it's like you're waking up. Your perspective on things changes forever, you realize how small you are in the universe...

Yeah, very powerful song imo

It's not really sad but when I discovered it it made me cry, and I couldn't even understand why.

• 2 weeks later...

(I cant chose just one) It really depends on what mood I'm in. in no particular order, at the moment I would say:

love today-it was the first song I herd of his.

lollipop-constantly reminds me that your never to old for lollipops. (hehehehehehehehehe)

origin of love-IDK why. it just does.

WHAT IS THAT LITTLE WHITE LIGHT SWITCH IN THE CORNER???

• Like 1

• 2 months later...