"Mika: The Art of Song" on BBC Radio2, 1.1.2016

mellody

Mika 'The Art of Song' Part 2 is here: Mika on BBC Radio 2 Easter Monday 2016

================================================================

From Mika's Facebook:

We are thrilled to announce that Mika will do a special radio show on BBC Radio 2 called "Mika: The Art of Song" on
New Year’s Day, Midday – 2pm

Mika will host a two hour special focusing on some of the greatest songs and songwriters of all time. He'll be playing some of his favourite records, looking at the story behind the music and revealing his own relationships with his favourite artists. Throughout the show Mika will also perform covers of songs by iconic artists on the Radio 2 piano donated by Elton John. Featured artists will include Adele, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac and Carole King.

Mika says: “It is a dream to host my own show on Radio 2. What a thrill to be able to play two hours of some of the best songs ever created. The art of making unforgettable songs is close to my heart and something that can create so much joy for so many people. This show will be a celebration of just that.”

You can listen to the show internationally via the BBC website and via Iplayer for 30 days after the show. We'll post the links nearer the time 

EDITED ( without News and Weather forecast ) :thumb_yello:

2016.01.01 Mika on R2

Listen

https://clyp.it/qmgpuvkf.mp3

Download

https://clyp.it/qmgpuvkf.mp3?download=1

Edited by mellody
adding link
  • Like 14

From Mika's Facebook:

We are thrilled to announce that Mika will do a special radio show on BBC Radio 2 called "Mika: The Art of Song" on

New Year’s Day, Midday – 2pm

Mika will host a two hour special focusing on some of the greatest songs and songwriters of all time. He'll be playing some of his favourite records, looking at the story behind the music and revealing his own relationships with his favourite artists. Throughout the show Mika will also perform covers of songs by iconic artists on the Radio 2 piano donated by Elton John. Featured artists will include Adele, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac and Carole King.

Mika says: “It is a dream to host my own show on Radio 2. What a thrill to be able to play two hours of some of the best songs ever created. The art of making unforgettable songs is close to my heart and something that can create so much joy for so many people. This show will be a celebration of just that.”

You can listen to the show internationally via the BBC website and via Iplayer for 30 days after the show. We'll post the links nearer the time 

WOOHOO, finally something happening in my country hahaha  :cheer: !!! CANNOT WAIT !!! :fangurl:

• Like 1

Totally agree with all of you guys!

Fantastic news! 2 hours of Mika!!!  :cheer: And then replaying and replaying this again until 30 days pass  :D

I'm sure the BBC website is gonna be overwhelmed at that time!

• Like 1

:thumb_yello: Thank you Karin - for sharing this supercool news! :hug:  A radioshow, where music is the main ingredients, is always great - and with MIKA as the host, it's got to be perfect - especially when we'll get his live performances,  in between!  :teehee:  :fisch:

So this was his co-operation with BBC, which he mentioned some time ago  :wink2: I understand he's excited, and hope it will be a real kick-off, for lots more MIKA events in the UK, the coming year! :wub:   :thumb_yello:  So so happy about this!! ... :yes:  

Love,love

me

• Like 3

Yes, i also think this is the uk radio project he has mentioned several times in the past. I had hoped for something longer than just one show, more like a series... but who knows, maybe if it's successful, they'll make a regular show out of it? :dunno:

In any case i'm looking forward to this, it's not just mika but also an interesting topic - and i can't wait for more covers, just said earlier this week on another thread how much i love some of his covers! :wub2: and there haven't been any for quite a while now.

• Like 4

Oh God be praised, this is the BEST NEWS! It would only be better if it was a series, but as someone has said, if there is a great response, who knows what will come of it!

He will be awesome! I know that for a fact! He's so knowledgeable about music and composers so the show will be phenomenal.

This is what I've always meant about Mika being more than a popstar and that he can be a big name in music. Not necessarily by having number 1s himself, but by showcasing the talents of artists, such as Adele. His speaking voice is so beautiful as well as his singing voice, so I'm thrilled he's going to use his dulcet tones on a radio 2 show.

What a wonderful way to start 2016. All those poor aching heads from New Year's Eve (including mine) will be soothed by His Royal Mikaness on New Year's Day.

Now I'm hopeful and I'm Happy.

That should be a line in a new Mika song! 

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1

Oh God be praised, this is the BEST NEWS! It would only be better if it was a series, but as someone has said, if there is a great response, who knows what will come of it!

He will be awesome! I know that for a fact! He's so knowledgeable about music and composers so the show will be phenomenal.

This is what I've always meant about Mika being more than a popstar and that he can be a big name in music. Not necessarily by having number 1s himself, but by showcasing the talents of artists, such as Adele. His speaking voice is so beautiful as well as his singing voice, so I'm thrilled he's going to use his dulcet tones on a radio 2 show.

What a wonderful way to start 2016. All those poor aching heads from New Year's Eve (including mine) will be soothed by His Royal Mikaness on New Year's Day.

Now I'm hopeful and I'm Happy.

That should be a line in a new Mika song! 

All hail His Royal Mikaness!   :bow:

A great way to start the new year! :D

• Like 1