Mika @ QSW Culture Center Q Hall, Shanghai, CHINA -- 25 February 2016

mari62

Mika will be playing @ QSW Culture Center Q Hall,  Shanghai, CHINA -- 25 February 2016!

Tickets available now! from https://yoopay.cn/event/MIKASHday1

Venue: QSW Culture Center, Q. Hall
Address: 179 Yichang Road, near Jiangning Lu (普陀区宜昌路179号,靠近江宁路)
Doors: 7:30pm
Tickets: 380 RMB (presale)/ 480 RMB(door)

* Pre-sales end on 12 noon, Feb. 26th, 2016

12375282_10153412897573040_2887040870564

Are you going? You can RSVP here:

• Like 1

:tears: sadly, I can not go to Shanghai this time. I had to cancel the date of doctor's appointment for Japan tour, should not cancel twice.

Have fun everyone!! :bye:

Enjoy your Japan gig Eriko!  ^_^

• Like 1

A bit of promo for the China tour:

http://www.spli-t.com/splitworks/upcoming/split-works-presents-mika-2016-china-tour/

D1523-068-0001.jpg

“Watching MIKA live is like stumbling into an alternate dimension…[where] life is one big children’s television show.” – The Telegraph

“MIKA plays the pop star to perfection.”  –The Guardian

Of course MIKA is back.

The Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter’s been itching to return, and MIKA’s second China tour will feature double the glee, double the glitter, and double the singalongs. He and his full entourage will leave a technicolour pop trail through a long-awaited Shenzhen date (Feb 23) and two shows in Shanghai (Feb 25 and 26).

He’s got a brilliant new album, No Place in Heaven, containing “his most assured and confident set of tunes” (PopMatters). He’s got a bunch of insanely catchy new singles, designed to conquer hearts and invade dancefloors. And he’s still got that exhilarating live mojo – you’ll be grinning from ear-to-ear, and singing those irresistible choruses well into the night.

MIKA began his pop career in 2007 with the defining single “Grace Kelly”, which went on to sell over 3 million copies worldwide and was the second British single ever to top the chart on downloads alone. It was #1 in the UK for 5 weeks and topped the charts in 6 other countries. Total single sales from his debut album Life In Cartoon Motion exceeded 6 million, and the album itself went straight to #1 in the UK and 11 other countries, going on to sell over 7 million copies worldwide.

His second album, 2009’s The Boy Who Knew Too Much, went Top 10 in 11 countries and his 3rd, 2012’s The Origin of Love, saw collaborations with Pharrell Williams, Nick Littlemore and Ariana Grande.

MIKA has been nominated for and won awards from the Brits, the Grammys, the Ivor Novellos, World Music Awards and MTV’s Europe, Asia, Australia and Japan, Capital Radio Awards, Q Magazine, BT, Vodafone and Virgin Media, among others. He is also the recipient of the prestigious French award “Chevalier dans l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres”.

His contagious and colourful performances have delighted audiences and ensured sold-out tours worldwide. Online, his videos have racked up an impressive total of over 250 million views.

In addition to his prolific music career, the ever-in-demand MIKA was a season judge on both The Voice in France (coaching the winning contestant) and XFactor Italia in 2013 with both shows enjoying their best ratings ever. MIKA quickly rose to superstardom in both territories and was so popular with viewers that both shows invited him to return for 2014/2015 seasons.

MIKA has now sold over 10 million records and has Gold or Platinum awards in an impressive 32 countries. As well as being a songwriter and performer, MIKA has designed clothes and accessories, is a writer (including magazine columns, blogs and work on a book), illustrator and artist.

MIKA’s back.  Bring out the balloons and confetti.

MIKA China Tour Information

Shenzhen

Date: February 23, Tuesday

Venue: A8 Live

Address: A8 Music Mansion, No.1002 Keyuan Road, Nanshan District (南山区科园路1002号A8音乐大厦2层)

Presale will open SOON!

Shanghai

Date: February 25, Thursday

Venue: QSW Culture Center, Q. Hall

Address: 179 Yichang Road, near Jiangning Lu (普陀区宜昌路179号,靠近江宁路)

Presale Link: https://yoopay.cn/event/MikaSHday1

• Like 1

I have an extra ticket to offer...Is a ticket to the Seoul gig on 12th Feb(bit earlier than the Japan gigs), is in section F2, the position is great, too good to be wasted!

please contact me if you really want it TT

thank you xxx!

今年临时有事去不了韩国了,出一张mika首尔场的票(2月12日),摇滚区位置很好TT有兴趣的小伙伴快联系我TT

我在微博也有发!快收了吧TT

• 1 month later...

Quoting from another thread, since there's a chance to win a pair of tickets, thanks Cherub! 

From http://www.thatsmags.com/shenzhen/post/12176/interview-mika-acclaimed-singer-songwriter

And you can win tickets

WIN! Interview: Mika, Acclaimed Singer-Songwriter

By Virginia Werner, February 18, 2016

mika.jpg

Since his first hit single ‘Relax, Take It Easy’ took the charts by storm a decade ago, British pop star Mika has sold millions of records while scoring a prestigious Grammy nomination. Despite a busy schedule that includes being a recurring judge on The Voice France, he returns to China performing at A8 Music Mansion in Shenzhen (Feb 23) and at Q.S.W. Culture Center in Shanghai (Feb 25-26).

Although he claims to be a terrible dancer, Mika’s live shows are known to be energetic, lively and even ‘spiritual’ affairs. The stage remains a place where he says he is able to break down the “fourth wall” between himself on stage and his audience members.

"When it works, you could be 1,000 people away from the performer, but still feel like it’s just you,” he says. “It softens you, and you forget everything around you.” 

Mika’s infectious confidence on stage might seem innate, but in the past he has described himself as an “insular” child. It’s a term that seems a far cry from the animated character we see on stage today. 

But he says this characteristic can be an asset in the development of an individual. “Being insular is often connected to being a watcher – being receptive and meditative,” he explains. “Those are all good things, as long as it doesn’t evolve into fear or fear of what people think of you."

"I was a dreamer, full of ridiculous delusions of grandeur and a desire to escape the real world around me. I found music helped me turn those dreams into something concrete that would in turn, become real life.”

Now, the lofty dreams of a young man who dared to be different have indeed become a reality. Mika released his latest album, No Place in Heaven, last summer and it has been hailed as his best yet. There’s a more serious vibe to it, beautifully illustrating themes of being different from others – an outcast from society, religion, gay culture and heartbreak. 

“I think we are all absolutely terrified of the idea of being ‘normal,’ he says. “Think about it, the first thing that someone tells you when they are hitting on you, or in love with you is, ‘You are different, special and unique.’ When things go wrong, we suddenly fall back down to earth and feel normal, and that is what gets us the most upset in a love story gone wrong.”

This won’t be Mika’s first time in China. The star performed at the West Lake Music Festival (WLMF) in Hangzhou last May, and has taken note of some interesting changes compared to his visits in the early 2000s. 

“Apart from the obvious things such as the buildings and infrastructure changes, it’s the speed at which youth culture is developing that I find incredible,” he says. “[At WLMF] the crowd seemed to have some people who knew every lyric of every song and others that knew little. But after an hour you couldn’t tell the difference. I loved seeing that side of China, and it’s my main motivation for coming back so soon.” 

> Shenzhen: Feb 23, 8-10pm, RMB380-480. A8 Music Mansion, tickets.

> Shanghai: Feb 25-26, 7.30-10pm, RMB380-480. Q.S.W. Culture Center, Thurs tickets and Fri tickets.

*********WIN!!!!!**************

We're giving away a pair of tickets to Mika's Shanghai show. For your chance to win, simply e-mail win@urbanatomy.com with the subject 'Mika' by Feb 23.