NEW VIDEO for 'HURTS' ! Hurts next single in Italy - soundtrack in Italian film 'Un Bacio' + video shoot in Udine 16 January 2016

mari62

I love how in this video Mika impersonated the strength, the courage to not give a **** and hold head up high. And...

It reminds me about the "Popular song" vid. - on a "higher level" :)

I can't agree more with mamiam! It's like Popular video taught us to be a psycho-murderer if we were bullied at school.  :bonk: In Hurts, there's more positive energy.  :)

And the video ends with dancing, smiles, passion. Full of joy.  :wub:

• Like 2

That video is absolutely fantastic! Oh how I wish the UK could see the video and hear the song! I love the new arrangement. The key-change in the chorus is just beautiful.

If only the UK could see and hear it. 

:thumb_yello: Yes indeed - it's amazing! :wub: And I do understand your "desperate wish" for the UK to see it - the whole world need to get this video!!  Because the message is,  unfortunately,  a never ending story, and a global problem! :sneaky2: 

MIKA nailed it again - with his brilliant song "Hurt", from an equal fantastic alb. NPIH :fisch:  :wub: 

Love, love

me 

• Like 2

I love how in this video Mika impersonated the strength, the courage to not give a **** and hold head up high. And...

I can't agree more with mamiam! It's like Popular video taught us to be a psycho-murderer if we were bullied at school.  :bonk: In Hurts, there's more positive energy.  :)

And the video ends with dancing, smiles, passion. Full of joy.  :wub:

:thumb_yello: This video is brilliant!!  :thumb_yello:  :wub:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPKkmu-pBMQ

What can I say? Beautiful, witty, sad, intellectual, joyful, hopeful, uplifting ... I hope to hear the song live in Liège, Belgium in june.

Mika,

Indeed the words hurt. When one hears the word 'faggot, schwull, pd, jeanet, frocio, ...' a billion times during childhood not only hearts get hurt, but one's psychological make-up changed and shaped.

The pain never stops, but artwork like yours makes it easier ... :)

David

Hi David! Thanks for the link + comment.

Since we're already talking about the new video in another thread HERE , I'm going to merge the two threads together, so we can keep all comments and posts about it together  :)

Great video. :wub2: i agree that it reminds of popular song - just more serious, more "grown up"... and without product placements! :naughty: it's more natural than popular song, not as polished. Although i do love the PS video and actually like the song more than Hurts, this one has a stronger message.

I used to prefer the slower version of Hurts, but the Remix has grown on me - so now I think I like them both equally.

• Like 2

Amazing! :wub: I'm very happy about this video. It really reminds me of Popular Song, but it's even better, that's true! :)

I love the fact that it has this message. Hopefully it gets a lot of attention!

I didn't really like the remix version very much, but now that I saw the video I kinda changed my mind. :naughty:

Well done, Mika! :thumb_yello::clap:

I love it too! This video is wonderful, the message is great. And what I love about it, since it's a music video for a film, that they used Mika with the characters of the movie. It's not awkward "Mika singing - scene from the movie". It makes sense.

And Mika's eternal weird dancing couldn't be left out of course! :mika1:

I was sold on the remix version on the first listen back when it came out so I had no issues with that :naughty:

Hurts, both versions, is one of my favourite songs off of NPIH.

• Like 1

The video reminds me of the style and energy of the Celebrate video, which I also really liked.

I have mixed feelings on the remix. I never ever ever like remixes. Very rarely do I like them or the idea, but somehow I absolutely love this one. But I fail to see the reasoning behind not including it on the album or remixing it at all. I fear part of this decision was to make it easier for the mainstream masses to swallow. He's done this with a few songs lately. Popular being the biggest example.

Regardless, I think I'd like to own this remix so hopefully that will be available eventually.

• Like 1

The video reminds me of the style and energy of the Celebrate video, which I also really liked.

I have mixed feelings on the remix. I never ever ever like remixes. Very rarely do I like them or the idea, but somehow I absolutely love this one. But I fail to see the reasoning behind not including it on the album or remixing it at all. I fear part of this decision was to make it easier for the mainstream masses to swallow. He's done this with a few songs lately. Popular being the biggest example.

Regardless, I think I'd like to own this remix so hopefully that will be available eventually.

I have the same, I normally never like remixes... But I love this one.

The song has been released last year though, you can find it on the repackaged version of No Place In Heaven (the one with the double disc with the OSM concert on it) :)

Oh my god !!!! So beautiful day !!!! I just watch this beautiful, no to say perfect video in the say moment that I'm on hollidays !!! This is a real good day !!!

The video is beautiful with this idea of an angel ;-)

Mika is the most beautiful soul that I've ever saw in a clip !!!

I'm so happyyyyyyyyy !!!!

I have the same, I normally never like remixes... But I love this one.

The song has been released last year though, you can find it on the repackaged version of No Place In Heaven (the one with the double disc with the OSM concert on it) :)

Ah, I see. But what about individually? I don't really need the whole repackaged version :/

To be fair I also liked the different Good Guys versions. So I guess sometimes I like remixes.

Ah, I see. But what about individually? I don't really need the whole repackaged version :/

To be fair I also liked the different Good Guys versions. So I guess sometimes I like remixes.

I don't know if it's the case with this song, but Amazon and iTunes often give the possibility of buying and downloading only one song..

Maybe others know?

By the way, the OSM concert alone really is worth buying the whole repack, imo ;)

• Like 1

I really really love this video. It's kinda like his songs, you don't really know if you should feel sad or happy  :teehee: I feel like Mika kind of has a "fatherly" role in it. Like he know's what it's like, and want to help the, get trough it  :mikacool:

• Like 4

I really really love this video. It's kinda like his songs, you don't really know if you should feel sad or happy  :teehee: I feel like Mika kind of has a "fatherly" role in it. Like he know's what it's like, and want to help the, get trough it  :mikacool:

Big daddy. :mikacool:

I felt the same actually! :D

I don't know how to express how deeply I love this song and this video. I just feel so lucky to have such a strong and powerful voice in my life!

The message is SO important, I wish anyone could see this video and think about the effect that words can have in our lives; they are a dangerous weapon, everyone should just think about how much they can affect someone else's life, how heavy they can be and for how long a person will remember them. 

Talking about Mika's role in the video, I see him as maybe the personification of the strength and the courage they find inside themselves to carry on. At the beginning of the video, when he interacts with the three of them, it seems like they don't realize he's there physically, but they can feel him! I see it like he's a force which pushes them to go ahead and overcome a difficult time!  :)

• Like 4

Talking about Mika's role in the video, I see him as maybe the personification of the strength and the courage they find inside themselves to carry on. At the beginning of the video, when he interacts with the three of them, it seems like they don't realize he's there physically, but they can feel him! I see it like he's a force which pushes them to go ahead and overcome a difficult time!  :)

Exactly my thoughts. And this is the kind of video I love. Even though it has serious issues, he can always put a smile on our faces in the end. He keeps telling us to believe in our values and to remember that there's always light after darkness times, and we have to go through that to get to it.  :)  :wub:

• Like 2