The Singers Club <3! Share your talent and check out everyone else's too :D!

3 hours ago, accordionsolo said:

I liked your voice if it was yours. I'm interest with music and I'm soprano so I can sing Mika's songs so relax

you can sing Mika's song with under tone(idk in english, i meant bass) it would be good 

19 hours ago, accordionsolo said:

Thanks, I like your voice! And the song fits well to Halloween, with the creepy sound in between. :lol: And thanks also for the link to bandcamp, I didn't know this website, but it certainly sounds interesting!

• 4 months later...

So this pure hubris but have a very much Work In Progress cover of the first minute of Overrated.

I tabbed the song by ear earlier today because I wanted to know if I could, then recorded the guitar bits at half past midnight, and then added the voice parts and a second guitar track on a whim.

I have never sung the song before. I'm not very familiar with the song. I don't technically play the guitar nor do I technically know how to sing, I'm a freaking accordion player and this is a terrible idea. 

So, yeah. The rhythm is all messed up, there's guitar mistakes galore, but it should be mostly in tune and it's probably going to be tolerable, lol.

If you're wondering why I'm posting this spontaneous midnight experiment, it's because I'm a big dum-dum who gets bored whenever I start to get decently practiced at a song, so it's either this or nothing at all, most likely, and I kinda want to bring this topic back from the dead; it's neat and I had fun listening to everybody's music.

overrated v1.mp3

/EDIT: just remembered that I do have a google drive, so here's a link to there in case you don't want to mess about with attachments:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-tp_F5CEzkz4u3sQ9pj9zjrXNQJNJ3qA/view?usp=sharing

/EDIT 2: Ah, and here are the tabs for Overrated in case anybody needs them

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14699gsFbT4KigSQ9fgMy9r5UvMvldNap/view?usp=sharing

They really suck, though, it's only the melody line, there's embellishments missing, and the formatting would make anybody who knows how tabs are supposed to look weep, and you gotta figure out which parts repeat when on your own, too. Basically, those are really more quick notes than proper tabs.

Edited by rusted.laurels
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, rusted.laurels said:

So this pure hubris but have a very much Work In Progress cover of the first minute of Overrated.

I tabbed the song by ear earlier today because I wanted to know if I could, then recorded the guitar bits at half past midnight, and then added the voice parts and a second guitar track on a whim.

I have never sung the song before. I'm not very familiar with the song. I don't technically play the guitar nor do I technically know how to sing, I'm a freaking accordion player and this is a terrible idea. 

So, yeah. The rhythm is all messed up, there's guitar mistakes galore, but it should be mostly in tune and it's probably going to be tolerable, lol.

If you're wondering why I'm posting this spontaneous midnight experiment, it's because I'm a big dum-dum who gets bored whenever I start to get decently practiced at a song, so it's either this or nothing at all, most likely, and I kinda want to bring this topic back from the dead; it's neat and I had fun listening to everybody's music.

overrated v1.mp3 807.37 kB · 6 downloads

/EDIT: just remembered that I do have a google drive, so here's a link to there in case you don't want to mess about with attachments:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-tp_F5CEzkz4u3sQ9pj9zjrXNQJNJ3qA/view?usp=sharing

/EDIT 2: Ah, and here are the tabs for Overrated in case anybody needs them

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14699gsFbT4KigSQ9fgMy9r5UvMvldNap/view?usp=sharing

They really suck, though, it's only the melody line, there's embellishments missing, and the formatting would make anybody who knows how tabs are supposed to look weep, and you gotta figure out which parts repeat when on your own, too. Basically, those are really more quick notes than proper tabs.

your version is so beautiful!!! Mika would adore this :wub2:

• Like 1

I've wanted to post here for a while, but never was happy enough with my recordings to upload them. Also am not with these, but as I probably won't be able to do any others in the next few weeks, with my kids at home all day, I'll post them anyway. It's just for fun, so who cares. :lol: So here are my versions of Lady Jane (a capella) and Lonely Alcoholic (with my messy guitar playing):

Lonely Alcoholic:

Lady Jane:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mellody said:

I've wanted to post here for a while, but never was happy enough with my recordings to upload them. Also am not with these, but as I probably won't be able to do any others in the next few weeks, with my kids at home all day, I'll post them anyway. It's just for fun, so who cares. :lol: So here are my versions of Lady Jane (a capella) and Lonely Alcoholic (with my messy guitar playing):

Lonely Alcoholic:

Lady Jane:

Thank you very much, @mellody for sharing with us these two songs.

I had to download them on my computer as the files are pritty heavy and I was not able to listen to them directly.

i don't know if it was only my problem.

But it was a pleasure to listen to "Lady Jane". I like it a lot.

On FB I promissed to record something this weekend.

#staypositiveandcreative this is our motto for this strange time we are living.

Music can heal the world.

Let's sing!!!!!

I invite other fans to post their covers here too!!!!!!

• Like 1

@mellody 

I almost feel bad about throwing my sloppy improvised half-a-song up there; I really don't stack up well in this comparison x'D

You have a beautiful voice, rather reminds me of some of the better Filk* singers from way back when that was still a thing - and your guitar playing's fine, too, by the way. Sounds like a classical/nylon string guitar (rather like my lovely old Höfner, actually), right? I feel like there's a bit more leeway with what sounds good on those things as compared to steel strings. Something about the mellower tone suiting a relaxed style better or whatever. Either way, I like it.

*idk how involved in nerd stuff you are, so quick explanation: Filk is (largely) fandom music. Tended to be folksy, hence the name, but folk songs ~IN SPACE~. It seems to have mostly died out in its original sense, but had some pretty awesome musicians, like Leslie Fish, Julia Ecklar or Frank Hayes.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm baaack! Trying to keep the thread alive, mostly, but also music's a great remedy to stressful situations and feeling stuck, so. No Mika music this time, gotta practice more first. I'd like to cover Hurts eventually but the chords I found are not quite right and I haven't gotten around to figuring out chords that work for me.

Meanwhile, another bad idea by yours truly: This time I'm singing an old country song called I Think Too Much Of You by a group called Flatlanders. It's really not a song that's particularly suited to being covered because the best thing about it is the mixing and the guitar accompaniment, neither of which I can replicate, but it's a song like a warm hug and singing it is relaxing, so I don't care.

(Check out the original here if you'd like; it may be unconventionally pretty but it is very, very beautiful. Yes, this is whole post is really just a stealthy song recommendation, lol)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zcj4cQsCm_oBMN3DDiUOxFffj1VkoGMb

And then I got bored and dug through my archives, so here's some more old stuff:
Skyrim - The Dragonborn Comes. Careful; this one's a bit louder. Sorry for the shaky beginning; this was recorded in February 2017 and I was fighting off the rest of a cold.

Jovano. Hope it's okay to throw an instrumental or two in here, too. Basically I keep mentioning that I'm an accordion player; here's the somewhat questionable proof. I got the timing issues sorted out over the last year, but accordion is hell to record properly (the bass! it moves!) so I figured this old recording would do just fine. I love this song, and it's so much fun to play, too.

Dragon Age Inquisition - Inquisitor. Another instrumental. Now, the guitar playing is not mine; the instrumental is pulled from the game itself and can be found here. The flute playing, however, is mine; it's an Ocarina. 

bonus bonus: terrible a capella version of Disney's One Upon A Dream as sung by somebody - that somebody being me - who's definitely not a Disney princess (nor wants to be one) and is serenading their hallway door with it. Don't take this one too seriously, lol, I just don't have an ounce of impulse control and figured somebody might get a chuckle out of it. I'll blame this one on the lockdown.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today I tried to sing  a song during the MFC Live on Instagram.

Unfortunately some technical problems (for all singing fans)  cut me 3 times.

So I decided to record a video and put it here :bleh: 

Here is BLUE.

As I don't have any instrumental version I put the original in the background and I amplified my voice with a microphone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is BLUE.

As I don't have any instrumental version I put the original in the background and I amplified my voice with a microphone.

Bravoooo Anna, j aime ta douceur et la poésie de Mika sur cette chanson

Congrats my dear friend 🎶💕💕

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 3:13 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is BLUE.

This was so beautiful. Im glad you posted it so we could hear on the insta live. This way we got to hear the whole song👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2020 at 3:44 AM, Vero said:

This was so beautiful. Im glad you posted it so we could hear on the insta live. This way we got to hear the whole song👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰🥰

Thank you very much ❤️

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska

9 hours ago, Michelle Blondet said:

Hi Michelle. Thank you for sharing your songs. I love them all.❤️

But the best one is Over My Shoulder. I recorded it too. It is really a special song. So I am happy you posted it here :clap:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hi Michelle. Thank you for sharing your songs. I love them all.❤️

But the best one is Over My Shoulder. I recorded it too. It is really a special song. So I am happy you posted it here :clap:

Thank you so much @Anna Ko Kolkowska it was you that encourage me ❤️ Thanks! 😘 

• Haha 1