The Singers Club <3! Share your talent and check out everyone else's too :D!

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I had this song in my head for last 3 days. And today I was in a mood to record it. 

It is so hypnotyzing!

The song is "Satellite" -  Mika's cover of the Dave Mathiews Band - side B of "Grace Kelly" single.

Wow I reeeeeally like your voice! It is so beautiful and those high notes were gorgeous. I didn't know this song but now I want to listen to it, you were right it is hypnotising! Well done!👏👏

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marwa_smr said:

Wow I reeeeeally like your voice! It is so beautiful and those high notes were gorgeous. I didn't know this song but now I want to listen to it, you were right it is hypnotising! Well done!👏👏

Thank you very much. Yes, this song is pretty strange - the rhytme is quite difficult - sort of walz on 4 :biggrin2:

But the melody is is like a dream - it drags you in and you want to listen again and again :yes:

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hello everybody.

Today I was in a mood and I recorded "Porcelain".

I tried to sing it several times in the past but I did not like the result.

This time it is much better - well I hope you will like it  😜

think

Hello again! Just heard your cover,so nice to see your face:thumb_yello: I think that was really good, you hit all of the right notes (which is hard to do) and I can see that you are really enjoying yourself which is the principal! well done:fangurl:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Marwa_smr said:

Hello again! Just heard your cover,so nice to see your face:thumb_yello: I think that was really good, you hit all of the right notes (which is hard to do) and I can see that you are really enjoying yourself which is the principal! well done:fangurl:

Thank you very much, Marwa 💗

In this song the notes are not so high, so no problem to hit them :wink2:

• Like 1

Today I decided to record a video for a change, instead of just audio. I'm really a bit out of practise, no choir rehearsals since March and not much time to sing for myself, but I'm glad I found the time today to sing and record a bit. This is my version of Stardust:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mellody said:

Today I decided to record a video for a change, instead of just audio. I'm really a bit out of practise, no choir rehearsals since March and not much time to sing for myself, but I'm glad I found the time today to sing and record a bit. This is my version of Stardust:

Thank you Mellody for this video. I am so happy that you wanted to share it with us.

You sing with all your heart 💗 It's beautiful. I hope you will post some other songs soon :yes:

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Tomas0809 said:

My period was a cover Adele - a million years ago.It's very poor, but maybe someone will like it.I don't sing for a while now:  https://youtu.be/-OoIrtL-PK8

Thanks for posting. :thumb_yello: I like your voice in the lower registers, it sounds very warm and comforting.

Yeah, I suppose for being really good singers, we'd all need to practise 3 hours a day for years, as Mika did. 😅

10 minutes ago, Tomas0809 said:

Thank you very much :blush-anim-cl:. Yes, I understand very much.It is very difficult to supervise the voice so that it sounds good?

Hm, not sure what you mean? Mika had singing lessons, by his Mum and by a Russian teacher. I guess his Mum had no training in how to supervise singing lessons (at least I never heard she did anything with music herself), maybe she just listened to what the teacher said and made Mika practise that every day. :dunno:

I love to sing as well but I'm probably not the best and poorly I'm not really talented with that. But what I want to ask is, if I can upload something else, I'm not singing but I try to produce music through a DAW called FL Studio. I'm still a beginner in this so if you don't have a problem sending my produced songs/tracks in here, don't have such high expectations 😅

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I’ll be perfectly honest I’ve got zero clue how this all works but I shall figure it out! 

I run the page ‘mikafantalents’ on Instagram and I’m currently organising our biggest event yet, our summer livestream! 

If any of you would like more information on how to get involved please contact me! 

Instagram: mikafantalents/iamdaisymain 

Twitter: mikafantalents 

Email: daisycmmain@gmail.com

or there might be a way to do it on here, I’m not completely sure! 

it would’ve be amazing to have lots of new faces around, thanks! 

D24AB682-B7E5-4909-9FB4-B183302EFD32.jpeg

11 hours ago, Daisy said:

it would’ve be amazing to have lots of new faces around, thanks! 

I won't take part, as I don't like this competition / judges idea, but I'll be watching if I can. :thumb_yello:

So guys I told ya I'm not that well with singing but maybe a little producing. I have been trying to do this for 6 years now and have had a break time to time. Potential maybe only since one year. A lot what I'm doing is not a big thing but I got a lot of feedback that this what I'm doing has so much potential. Maybe not for pop music and stuff. It goes more into electronic and subgenres from it. Also Ambient I really enjoy producing. Maybe if this is not your taste in music, you could still give me some feedback.

Both of these tracks have something from ambient. I can't categorize this in a genre. I'm a little experimental and let my soul speak through this sound. P.S. be careful of the sound I did not put it through the sound mixer

Lexikay - Chillout sunset.mp3 Lexikay - Travel.mp3

Edited by EzPz_german_squeezy

Here is a track I am working on right now. This track can be categorized more into the genre Synth or Synthwave. I'm sure there will be a lot of changes to that. Probably the beginning and then the middle part and the end. I thought about to call this track at the end : Happy Days :blush-anim-cl:

Lexikay - test version (synthwave).mp3

• 3 years later...

It's been a while this thread stayed silenced.

Maybe it's time to give it a bump up again?

There are new talented fans here on the forum.

So today (at last) I recorded Billie Eilish cover of What Was I Made For song.

It's not perfect but I made it with one shot and didn't want to rework it.

I hope it will invite you to post your songs.

So let's go!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mellody said:

As we just talked on the live about a few possible Mika cover projects and Charlotte suggested we could use this thread, I thought I'd bump this, so anyone who's looking can find it. ;) 

Love your Billie Eilish cover @Anna Ko Kolkowska!

Thanks, Karin. Great idea!

• Like 2

Helloooooo everyone !

I love the idea of using this thread to get these ideas started  !

So ! Here is the idea I have. 

I have a crazy project to cover all of Mika songs and make duos or covers with other MFC artists, almost like a tiktok stich or a recorded zoom where people would come together from all over the world to cover different songs 😁 

From our lovely community we would need musicians, singers, some kind of editing, and a plan to organise all of this magnificent madness 😁

I thought we could have a similar system as we do for the yearbook where we would take it in sections (as in album 1 part 1, album 1 part 2 etc.. ) where I would keep track of what we have covered already and whay we are currently working on, probably have a sub thread per song I guess

I know it is a massive idea of a project but I am certain that with all of our great minds we can make it work !

Now I am open to all ideas and suggestions on how we can get started 😁

Lots of love and talk to you soon 🥰 can't wait to read all of your ideas 😁

• Like 2

Ok guys i've always wanted to do a project like this so let's do it!! :)

Basically my idea is to pick a song and then get as many people as possible to send me videos of them singing, playing an instrument, etc. that I can edit together as if we were a (hopefully big) choir. The concrete plan is

1. Pick a song

2. Come up with a musical arrangement

3. (Possibly make a demo version where I sing all the parts so people know what I want :D)

4. Collect videos of people singing those different parts

5. Edit it all together

6. Finito!

So now in Step 1 I am thinking about a song that would be good. There are a few that I have what I would call a vision for. I will make some suggestions and would appreciate any thoughts and input. The goal is to find a song that most people like and are able to sing!

Good Guys: Sounds good with different types of voices, would sound great with a big choir of people, the message is nice to sing as a fanclub I think (Mika being our good guy)

Billy Brown: Not too difficult vocally, would be great if we find several people who can play (brass) instruments, could end up sounding a bit boring

Step with me: Also not too difficult, people who don't sing that well could get involved by shouting "Step 1" etc, would sound great with someone who can play the drums

Hurts: has potential as a choir piece, piano as instrument would be enough to make it sound good, we could recreate the sign language thing from casa mika, again I like the message

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions Charlotte. I like Step with me best of your choices, alternatively I'd suggest Stardust (if we can't get a musical arrangement together, because there's a karaoke version of that (the version with Chiara) on Youtube) or Origin of Love / maybe We Are Golden, because they have nice choir parts / Origin also a shouting part where you don't need to be able to sing.

Generally I could offer to put music together in Apple Logic and do a little bit of basic production on it, maybe also a few software instruments if you let me know the notes.. but with video editing I'm not that good ... not sure how you're planning to do it, just edit together the videos or have one sound file and edit the videos on top of that. Also I'll be happy to sing.

Anyway, for the next 2 or 3 weeks I'll be busy with working on Mika's project (and then I'm away a few days in the first week of November), but I'll try to follow this thread to see what you're planning. :)

31 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Good Guys: Sounds good with different types of voices, would sound great with a big choir of people, the message is nice to sing as a fanclub I think (Mika being our good guy)

i am in for Good Guys. I always wanted to sing this part  "if we are all in the gutter" and the chorus part :original: As a choir of course.

Thank you!

Stardust is a good idea as well @mellody. It's actually not too difficult and would also do with a basic piano accompaniment. I mean I'd prefer to have real instruments and I do think that'll be possible as we have so many good pianists here.

But if not don't worry, I could make an instrumental version out of every song I think, there are apps for that.

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

Generally I could offer to put music together in Apple Logic and do a little bit of basic production on it, maybe also a few software instruments if you let me know the notes.. but with video editing I'm not that good ... not sure how you're planning to do it, just edit together the videos or have one sound file and edit the videos on top of that.

That's very good to know thanks!

I'd layer many different audio files on top of each other. I'm not too bad at editing, especially with sound so I think I'd have that covered.

8 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

i am in for Good Guys. I always wanted to sing this part  "if we are all in the gutter" and the chorus part

That's really helpful feedback actually. If people tell me "I really like ... part in ... song" or even just "I can play ... instrument" that gives me an idea of our combined skillset :D

And also tell me if you would like to sing in general like Karin did.

• Like 1

I’d be happy to help out sing on some of these, but especially Good Guys and Step With Me. I also like the “gutter” part in Good Guys just as a note. I used to sing in a choir so I think I’d do ok with this. I love Hurts, too. 

• Like 1

I am happy with any song, I just don't have the skills to edit it and musically fill it with wonderful instruments 😁

Is there any way to do a poll with a few song choices and choose our songs like that ?