Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram Updates - 2016

Lucrezia

MIKA official

The Gay community in Milan has so much to be sad and angry about tonight.

I too am sad for the judgement and lack of tolerance in Italy when an important and necessary step forward is about to be taken.

Dovunque c'è amore , c'è famiglia. Dall'intolleranza invece nasce solo odio. Grafica creata per… https://www.instagram.com/p/BA3Pd7vziEf/ 

mikainstagram

24m

mikainstagram Dovunque c'è amore , c'è famiglia. Dall'intolleranza invece nasce solo odio. Grafica creata per me da Paolo de Francesco

12407348_1557546497900673_187431760_n.jp

And what has happened in Milan?  :dunno:

Well, I will try to read the news, but maybe it's too local...

A writing saying FAMILY DAY has appeared on the building where Lombardy Region offices are. Family day is an event organized by people who support the "traditional family made of a man and a woman" and are therefore against the rights of gay couples. Yes, we still are that far behind the rest of the world... And his new header is a pic of the same building with the writing LOVE=FAMILY, unfortunately it's only a photoshopped image

• Like 3

I still see the old one.  :dunno:

A writing saying FAMILY DAY has appeared on the building where Lombardy Region offices are. Family day is an event organized by people who support the "traditional family made of a man and a woman" and are therefore against the rights of gay couples. Yes, we still are that far behind the rest of the world... And his new header is a pic of the same building with the writing LOVE=FAMILY, unfortunately it's only a photoshopped image

I captured the screen shortly after he posted his tweets, seems like he changed it to the old one after a few minutes.  :dunno:

• Like 1

thanks for explaining. i googled after reading his tweets, but couldn't find anything.

• Like 1

Sad to hear about the stuff in Italy :( It's strange to hear that in a country where Mika has so many followers, there are still so many that are this close minded... I saw someone tweeting something about "family is wherever love is", something that I think all of us on here know is true  :wub:

Yes, it's sad. Today there's an event in 100 Italian cities in support of gay rights, in opposition to the family day that's gonna take place next week... and what do we hear on radios and TV everywhere? That the Pope said once again there's no such thing as family made of same sex couples. The Pope has still way too much influence on our country, which is supposed to be a secular state by the way... Rant over, I'm sorry

Edited by Alyara

Yes, it's sad. Today there's an event in 100 Italian cities in support of gay rights, in opposition to the family day that's gonna take place next week... and what do we hear on radios and TV everywhere? That the Pope said once again there's no such thing as family made of same sex couples. The Pope has still way too much influence on our country, which is supposed to be a secular state by the way... Rant over, I'm sorry

Thanks for explaining! I wanted to know what happened but couldn't find out. 

It's 2016 and some people still don't accept gay rights?  This is just shocking. :(

Welcome to Italy, where our politicians are just a bunch of puppets and most people are afraid of thinking for themselves. We're lucky enough to have people who do and care for others, but that's not enough if our government doesn't approve the law that allows gay couples to get married... oh wait... civilly united -.-'

• Like 1

Welcome to Italy, where our politicians are just a bunch of puppets and most people are afraid of thinking for themselves. We're lucky enough to have people who do and care for others, but that's not enough if our government doesn't approve the law that allows gay couples to get married... oh wait... civilly united -.-'

That's such a shame. :( Gay marriage is legal here in the UK but there are still some people who are homophobic.

Thank you so much for the explanation!!! 

Gay marriage is legal in New Zealand as well, we were also named 2nd most Gay Friendly country by Lonely Planet Guide  :cheer:

2. New Zealand

The Land of the Long White Cloud has long been lauded for its inclusive and progressive behaviour toward the LGBTQ community. In 1998 New Zealand was the first nation to adopt the label of ‘Gay/Lesbian Friendly’ when referring to businesses and accommodation – an initiative now recognised globally. The country offers a brilliant network of gay- and lesbian-friendly homestays which run the length and breadth of the country from the top of the semi-tropical North Island to the depths of the glacial South. Since passing same-sex marriage laws in 2013, New Zealand has actively promoted same-sex marriage tourism to the likes of Australia and other Pacific nations where equality laws are less progressive.

Read more: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travel-tips-and-articles/the-most-gay-friendly-places-on-the-planet#ixzz3y8dm1IR9

MIKA JUST COME TO NEW ZEALAND  ALREADY!!!  :banghead: 

• Like 1

It's the Roman Catholic Church that causes most of the problems. Not just with the Gay issues, but with things like equality for women. They didn't like the fact that Mary Magdalene had a big part in Jesus's ministry, so they called her a prostitute (which she wasn't) to slur her name.

The church is huge in Italy, but thankfully, not so much in the UK now, but the RC church has a lot to answer for.

I wish things were different. 

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 1