'Portrait : les mondes de Mika': Documentary @ "Envoyé Spécial" France2 - 28 January 2016 + 7 May H.16.00 longer version

mari62

If somebody who didn't understand french i did à translation with subtitles but i got to upload it and it is really longer than I thought so it will maybe be available tomorrow ;-)

We are in touch now   :thumb_yello: Thank you Silver :hug:

Multiquote didn't work :aah: Silver's quote is above, sorry :doh:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anouk Burel ‏@AnoukBurel  5m5 minutes ago

Notre portrait de @mikasounds version longue 52 minutes samedi 16h @France2tv #envoyespecial

ChxeosBXEAAMeOI.jpg

Anouk Burel ‏@AnoukBurel  4m4 minutes ago

Portrait de @mikasounds 52minutes au Liban, en Europe, aux US demain samedi 16h sur @France2tv

Chxe-atWsAAWaV8.jpg

Woooohoooo !!! So goood !!! XD

Can't wait !!!!

Anouk Burel ‏@AnoukBurel  5m5 minutes ago

Notre portrait de @mikasounds version longue 52 minutes samedi 16h @France2tv #envoyespecial

ChxeosBXEAAMeOI.jpg

Anouk Burel ‏@AnoukBurel  4m4 minutes ago

Portrait de @mikasounds 52minutes au Liban, en Europe, aux US demain samedi 16h sur @France2tv

Chxe-atWsAAWaV8.jpg

Thank you very much! Can't wait! ❤

VIDEO. Envoyé spécial. Les mondes de Mika

C’est une star de la pop dans le monde entier. Relax, Love Today, Big Girl… qui ne connaît pas ces tubes planétaires ? De Londres à Paris, de l’Italie aux Etats-Unis, jusqu’à Beyrouth au Liban, il est chez lui partout. Pourtant il déclare ne se sentir originaire de nulle part, sinon de la musique. Il s’est donc façonné des identités multiples, parle plusieurs langues, y compris lorsqu’il se retrouve en famille.

Pour "Envoyé spécial" il retourne à Beyrouth où il est né, prépare une soupe de potiron dans son appartement londonien, nous emmène dans les coulisses de ses concerts, et se confie longuement. Portrait de Mika, né sous les bombes au Liban en 1983, qui a grandi entre Paris et Londres, enfant de l’exil et artiste sans frontières.

Google translator

It's a pop star in the world. Relax, Love Today, Big Girl ... who does not know these planetary tubes? From London to Paris, Italy, the United States, to Beirut in Lebanon, he is at home everywhere. Yet it says not feel native of nowhere, otherwise the music. It is fashioned of multiple identities, speaks several languages, including when he is family.

For "Envoyé spécial" he returned to Beirut where he was born, is preparing a pumpkin soup in his London flat, takes us behind the scenes of his concerts, and confides length. Portrait of Mika, born under the bombs in Lebanon in 1983, who grew up between Paris and London, a child of exile and artists without borders.

7768771.png

VK

2016.05.07 Envoyé spécial le samedi. Les mondes de Mika

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 5

Thank you so much!!

I really adore this documentary, it tells so much about him without saying it properly. E.g when he is with the refugees in Lebanon, and one of them said he accepted to speak only with Mika because of his humanity. it's so touching, I really appreciate this side of him

• Like 2

Thank you very much for this documentary! I really like it very much! It makes us know an artist from the human point of view! He is a wonderful person!   

• Like 3

The new parts are amazingly wonderful: with the refugees, but mostly at his home in London when he talks about his school years and his songwriting process.

can u tell us what he said?

can u tell us what he said?

We (subteam) will eventually add the new parts in the video but here is a summary.

Talking about his childhood and bullying, he said that even though he got through it, he still, to this day, has a hard time defending himself when put in a similar situation. And that he hates agressivity.

About songwriting, he sais that he sees a song as the soundtrack of the movie he sees in his head. And that all his love songs are about imaginary ones. He also talked about good guys, that his people didn't want him to put the sentence about the good gays gone, but that he didn't care, he found it funny. That he didn't care the song would never be on the radio because it was important to him, even if he was the only one thinking that. And that he hates labels, because of his past. (And he sang Les Baisers Perdus)

• Like 12

We (subteam) will eventually add the new parts in the video but here is a summary.

Talking about his childhood and bullying, he said that even though he got through it, he still, to this day, has a hard time defending himself when put in a similar situation. And that he hates agressivity.

About songwriting, he sais that he sees a song as the soundtrack of the movie he sees in his head. And that all his love songs are about imaginary ones. He also talked about good guys, that his people didn't want him to put the sentence about the good gays gone, but that he didn't care, he found it funny. That he didn't care the song would never be on the radio because it was important to him, even if he was the only one thinking that. And that he hates labels, because of his past. (And he sang Les Baisers Perdus)

Thank you so much  :wub:

• Like 1

:thumb_yello: Merci Catherine!  :hug: I don't think MIKA's the only one who find this sentence: "where have all the gay guys gone" a bit funny :naughty: As you surely remember, there was quite some giggling among the audience, when this song "Good guys" was presented,  for the very first time,  in your hometown - during the wonderful nights with the OSM... :fisch:  :wub:

Love, love

me

• Like 3

:thumb_yello: Merci Catherine! :hug: I don't think MIKA's the only one who find this sentence: "where have all the gay guys gone" a bit funny :naughty: As you surely remember, there was quite some giggling among the audience, when this song "Good guys" was presented, for the very first time, in your hometown - during the wonderful nights with the OSM... :fisch::wub:

Love, love

me

Yes! And his face was priceless :D

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question: does anyone know the name of the song that starts when the documentary begins to show Beirut? It's sung by a woman in Arabic I think....and as I heard it tonight in Grenoble at the beginning of the show I would love to find it!