'Portrait : les mondes de Mika': Documentary @ "Envoyé Spécial" France2 - 28 January 2016 + 7 May H.16.00 longer version

mari62

I have a question: does anyone know the name of the song that starts when the documentary begins to show Beirut? It's sung by a woman in Arabic I think....and as I heard it tonight in Grenoble at the beginning of the show I would love to find it!

I know and I would love to find out as well , it's a beautiful haunting song isn't it? :wub2:

EDIT: here it is (with English translation of the lyrics)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_JcOa8U88

To Beirut  From my heart i say peace to Beirut And kisses to the sea and homes For the Rock(Rawcheh Rock) that is as the face of an old sailor She is(Beirut) the Drink from the people's soul She came from the people's sweat to become bread and jasmine Then how did it's taste change to smoke and fire? :(  To Beirut A glory from ashes To Beirut From a blood of a child carried above her shoulder My city turned off her lamp Closed her doors and became lonely in the night Alone with the night  To Beirut  From my heart i say peace to Beirut And kisses to the sea and homes For the Rock(Rawcheh Rock) that is as the face of an old sailor You're mine ,,,you're mine,, Oh just hug me you are mine You are my flag, my tomorrow's stone, my travel wave My people's wounds have blossomed truly blossomed Mothers tears, Beirut you are mine, you are mine Oh just please,,, Hug me

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...