The Voice subtitles

AmyWings

Hello everyone ! (Yes I'm making another topic again but bare with me, that one might interest you a bunch).

I've seen loaaads of people disappointed or frustrated because they want to watch The Voice France but can't understand a word. So I figured I'd give myself a challenge: translate all the episodes. I started working on the first one (from season 5, current one) and it took me 2 hours to translate 12 minutes of the video, after a little bit of maths I came to the conclusion I'd be able to translate one video every other week. I just don't know where I'm gonna post them yet for you all to see it.

Are you interested? :)

AUDITIONS

First show: LINK

Edited by AmyWings
  • Like 14

Hello everyone ! (Yes I'm making another topic again but bare with me, that one might interest you a bunch).

I've seen loaaads of people disappointed or frustrated because they want to watch The Voice France but can't understand a word. So I figured I'd give myself a challenge: translate all the episodes. I started working on the first one (from season 5, current one) and it took me 2 hours to translate 12 minutes of the video, after a little bit of maths I came to the conclusion I'd be able to translate one video every other week. I just don't know where I'm gonna post them yet for you all to see it.

OMG YESSS THIS WOULD BE THE BEST THING EVER TYSM

• Like 1

Woooow Hooooon! I am one of those who dont understand anything, so I AM INTERESTED. :D Thanks a loooot my dear :wub:
  • Like 1

Omg Hon, this is great !

I know that it will be very long 'cause i tried to and it took me so many time that i give up ... (I know not very brave...)

I thank you so much doing it and i wish you so much luck for doing it entirely ;-)

• Like 1

IF YOU DID I WOULD LOVE YOU FOREVER!!! :wub:  :hug:  :yes:

• Like 1

Haha thank you everyone, I'm working on it ! Got 20 minutes done so far. Do you know where I could upload the finished products though? I still don't know where I could share it cause Youtube wouldn't let me and I don't know where else I could: vimeo maybe? :)

I'd love it if you would do this. It seems an enormous amount of work though. But I would be be very grateful for every minute of translated conversation, so please start the good work :wub:

(If you can't keep it up, it would already be a great help if you would provide French subtitles)

• Like 1

you could either try and put it on google docs... I've seen some people do it.. but I'm not too sure how. Or you could ask the MFC subtitling team if you could upload it there. :) But vimeo is fine as well :wub:

I'm gonna try uploading on Vimeo and we'll see how that works. If it doesn't work or if the video gets turned down for whatever reason I'll try contacting Mikawebsite to ask them if they'd be interested in having my videos as well in their uploaded The Voice vids :)

I'd love it if you would do this. It seems an enormous amount of work though. But I would be be very grateful for every minute of translated conversation, so please start the good work :wub:

(If you can't keep it up, it would already be a great help if you would provide French subtitles)

I'm glad you're happy about it! I'm working on it, it's a very long and hard process but I'm gonna try to hurry as much as I can so you can have the vids reason asap and not be too too far behind the actual dates of release :) 

• Like 2

Omg!!! Are you kidding??????? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:  i spent so many hours to look if there are any subtitles for it!!!! I wanted to watch the voice so much...but i justs didnt understand a word :naughty:
omg...thank you so so so so so so so so so so much from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!!!!! I will be grateful for the rest of my life! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Its so amazing!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :wub:

• Like 1

Wow Hon! You rock!!! :punk:

I know how hard it is cause I've done something similar for a project! I mean it's not *hard* cause you know exactly what to do but it takes too much times!!

So congrats Hon!!!

Maybe you could put the video on a 'sharing platform' (does that make sense? xD) like wetransfer or something like that. I don't know exactly how it works (it wasn't me who uploaded our project video ^^) but apparently you just have to put your video on that site, then you share the link here. Everyone who has the link can upload the video on his own computer. The link dies after a certain time.

It could be a solution :)

• Like 1

:shocked: OMG - this's an immense offer Hon!! :wub: How can you make this alone?!   :shocked:  I'm "afraid" it will demand too much of your spare time.  It has to be a huge challenge!  I don't follow The Voice.  Much because I don't understand much of the language, and also because I don't have time to give it priority :( But for all those who really want it all - this is sooo generous of you... :hug:  :wub:  Good luck with your work!!  :thumb_yello:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

Okay everyone so this is a little update. So far I translated 1h15 minutes of the first show, I might be done by monday. I will let you know then how I'll share the video and give you the link ! :)

It is time consuming but I'm really determined and I want all of you to be able to finally understand that sh*t haha. I know how frustrating that is!

If you ever need some help to cut down the workload, I wouldn't mind helping out

Actually you could help a little. I'm translating the main show, but you could start working on the "la suite" videos, the funny behind the scenes. I don't think I'll translate everything for those, only the funny bits but if you'd like to help with that, I wouldn't mind! I will translate them eventually anyways, after all the main shows are done so like probably in summer haha. :)

• Like 2

Okay everyone so this is a little update. So far I translated 1h15 minutes of the first show, I might be done by monday. I will let you know then how I'll share the video and give you the link ! :)

It is time consuming but I'm really determined and I want all of you to be able to finally understand that sh*t haha. I know how frustrating that is!

Actually you could help a little. I'm translating the main show, but you could start working on the "la suite" videos, the funny behind the scenes. I don't think I'll translate everything for those, only the funny bits but if you'd like to help with that, I wouldn't mind! I will translate them eventually anyways, after all the main shows are done so like probably in summer haha. :)

Oh woooooooow XD Thank you sooooo much honey, wow seriously, GREAT JOB!!! Can't tell you how grateful I am for you doin this, seriously <3<3<3!!!
  • Like 2

yes yes yes!!For the same issue, I tried to learn French but you know.. it's quiet difficult language to learn by oneself.. so I failed. If you take some effort to translate The voice to English.. I'll be really appreciate it.. Million thanks to you from me and Korean Mika fans.. :)

• Like 1