2016 - Jamsil Indoor Stadium, Seoul, Korea - 12 February - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

Kumazzz

I know he always did his awkward dance,and jumped,and shook his ass on stage,and he is funny indeed. But I feel that lately he's kinda exaggerates,and some moves looks ridiculous and embarrassing on stage,imo.... those are probably his buttocks' exercises at the gym  :teehee:  And I wonder what common people from the audience could think seeing that (not everyone is a hardcore fan),or the media  :aah:  Or even him,if he's watching afterwards.... probably he is like this : https://twitter.com/XFactor_Italia/status/642061288491888640

I guess what he'd say about it is that he dances the way he feels in that particular moment, and that it's not meant for being videoed and re-watched. And i don't think he watches videos of his gigs (unless maybe official recordings). If i'm at the show, and let myself get carried away by his performance (which is very easy :wub2:), i certainly don't find it embarrassing. I can see what you mean, if you just watch that tiny clip you posted with the dancing taken completely out of context (or maybe also if you just watch the emd video) - then yes, you do have a point. But even watching the gig not live but only on periscope got me caught up in mika's performance enough to not find it weird or embarrassing in any way. :)

• Like 4

About his "floor-dancing" during EMD,  I think it's pure fun :teehee:   It might have been a little bit more embarrassing if he did these moves for Boum Boum Boum...  :naughty:

I guess what he'd say about it is that he dances the way he feels in that particular moment, and that it's not meant for being videoed and re-watched. And i don't think he watches videos of his gigs (unless maybe official recordings). If i'm at the show, and let myself get carried away by his performance (which is very easy :wub2:), i certainly don't find it embarrassing. I can see what you mean, if you just watch that tiny clip you posted with the dancing taken completely out of context (or maybe also if you just watch the emd video) - then yes, you do have a point. But even watching the gig not live but only on periscope got me caught up in mika's performance enough to not find it weird or embarrassing in any way. :)

Yes,I am sure you're right,I guess he has better things to do than watching vids from his gigs,it was just a supposition. But honestly I don't think he is not aware of what he's doing on stage. He can be often spontaneous,but also he likes to provoke. And yes,it's nothing wrong in doing that,as long it's made in a decent and funny way. I totally get what you mean,I also loved his performance,even if it was through periscope,I really felt the great energy  :wub:  It was just that moment during EMD that made me feel uncomfortable,and I'm not a prude,believe me  :winksmiley02:  But as I said,it is just me,everyone can see things from a different point of view,it's normal  :) I hope we'll get more reports from the fans who attended the gig,it would be interesting to hear more opinions  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Really great review in the Korean Herald.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160214000188

20160214000160_0.jpg

Mika takes Seoul to ‘Heaven’

He’s no stranger to Seoul, but that didn’t stop British artist Mika from drawing in thousands on Friday night, performing at a sold-out concert in Seoul as part his three-day South Korean “Heaven” tour.
British singer-songwriter Mika performs at a concert in Seoul last Friday. (Yonhap)

The singer songwriter lit up Jamsil Arena with sparkles, sequins and confetti in his return to Seoul for the first time in 2016 on Feb. 12.

“Good evening, Seoul,” the artist announced, stepping onto the stage in a gold-sequined Maison Valentino piece. A spotlight was all he needed to kick off the evening, taking to his piano and performing a bonus track off the new album, “Porcelain.”

“Seoul, I decided tonight to start my show, just for now, on my own. So that I could have you just to myself.”

It is hard to believe the singer was here only nine months ago, the crowds welcoming him with cheers and open arms.

The melancholic start quickly transformed into a confetti and streamer charade with Mika’s third song, “Talk about you,” getting the audience up and involved as the curtain dropped. It was the beginning of a journey through Mika’s song and dance “heaven”.

The artist burst with energy and enthusiasm through every moment of his seventeen-song set. Charismatic and humorous, the crowd was drawn to him, listening carefully to every word, whether Korean, English or French.

“Be nice to the piano. My poor piano. I smash you. I jump on you. I hit you with sticks. Now I’ll be nice to you,” he announced in a stream of conscious before bringing his fingers to the ivory keys. “Oh, you’re welcome. ‘Gamsahamnida’ (thank you), piano.”

Playing everything from hits “Grace Kelley” and “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful),” to songs off his latest album “No Place in Heaven,” the artist kept the audience jumping and dancing alongside him for the entire 100-minute set. From a song dedication, to entering the ecstatic crowds, Mika continued to make the audience laugh, cheer and, at times, become absolutely silent.

“You are no longer people, you are thousands of stars,” Mika said halfway through “Underwater.” The artist’s enthusiasm made the occasional cheesiness easily forgivable.

The arena lit up as Mika began swishing and whooshing a phone light in all directions like a shooting star. The audience followed along.

The concert left the audience begging for more, and Mika pulled through yet again, offering a two-song encore, with sparkles, lights and dance moves to wrap it up.

Returning to the stage as merely a silhouette, Mika finished the performance with “Love Today” and “Stardust” to polish off the night.

From Sequined tuxedos and mime to drumsticks on piano and Hawaiian dancing, Mika’s color and flamboyance gave Seoul a night to remember.

Mika performed in South Korea from the 11th until the 13th of February. The artist will continue his “Heaven” tour in Asia and Europe throughout the year.

By Zoe Samios

• Like 6

Seoul, here we go again !!!

South_Korea.gif It's the second day of Mika's Korean Tour in 2016 !!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBsBTpOziFo/

mikainstagram

Before going on stage tonight. Curtis in the background.

24355071324_b96db3dec5_o.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBsBa-YziF3/

mikainstagram

My rather remarkable suit by @maisonvalentino Couture ✨✨

24355114684_e2145af9a3_o.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBsBftTTiGG/

mikainstagram

Voila!!! @maisonvalentino ✨⭐❤

24618123909_606118f486_o.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBt8Cz9TiMH/

mikainstagram

From Seoul Jamsil Arena yesterday. What an amazing night. Thank you so much. X (don't know who took this pic but it's great!)

24385997313_9c88230054_b.jpg

========

REPORTS

========

====

PICS

====

yoye 

======

VIDEOS

======

Periscope by Grazia & Lucrezia

tiibet

yu guys are so well organized !!

with lists,pics, videos, etc

it took me while to get used with the MFCweb site format but now i an see how well you do this job 

thou sometimes

i blame myself for getting lost again n here :0)

Nikita

feb 14,2016

• Like 1

NEWSIS

[리뷰] 미카, 이곳이 황금빛 '팝의 천국' [Review] Mika, here is a golden 'paradise of Pop'

http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view.html?ar_id=NISX20160213_0013894060&cID=10601&pID=10600

【서울=뉴시스】이재훈 기자 = 영국의 싱어송라이터 미카(33)가 자신이 연주하는 피아노 반주 하나로만 '포세린'을 부르기 시작했다. 점차 밴드의 악기가 하나씩 더해지며 사운드가 풍성해졌다. 하지만 그와 피아노 뒤로 중간 가림막이 쳐져 세션 멤버들은 보이지 않았다.

마치 영화 '비긴 어게인'의 초반 같았다. 왕년의 잘나가는 프로듀서 '댄'(마크 러팔로)이 '그레타'(키이라 나이틀리)가 클럽에서 혼자 기타를 연주하는 모습을 지켜보면서 상상 속에서 하나씩 악기를 더해 편곡하는 장면이다.

12일 오후 잠실 실내체육관에서 펼쳐진 미카의 단독 내한공연 '2016 미카 라이브 인 코리아 - 서울'은 상상이 현실이 되는 황금빛 '팝의 천국'을 경험케 했다.

단독 콘서트도 대형 페스티벌처럼 만드는 '흥 부자' 미카의 밝고 열정적인 에너지가 넘실댔다. 2013년과 지난해 '서울 재즈 페스티벌'에서 공연한 적 있으나 단독으로 팬들을 만나는 건 2011년 9월 이후 이번이 처음이다.

여전히 중간막이 쳐진 상황에서 세 번째 곡 '토크 어바웃 유(Talk About You)'가 흘러나오자 팬들은 합창하기 시작했다.

심장 박동을 닮은 베이스의 리듬이 울려 퍼지자 2, 3층의 좌석 관객들마저 모두 자리에서 일어났다. 팬들은 미리 준비한 리본을 공중으로 던졌는데, 아직 어둠이 짙은 공연장에서 마치 새들이 날아다니듯 했다. 핀 조명을 받고 있는 미카만이 반짝거렸다.

그는 '그레이스 켈리'를 부르던 중 피아노의 뚜껑을 열었고, 그 안에서 수많은 종이 가루가 쏟아져 나왔다. 이어 막이 걷히더니 1950~60년대 시절을 연상케 하는 황금빛 무대가 등장했다. 무대 맨 꼭대기에는 '헤븐(Heaven)'이라는 글자가 영문으로 또렷이 박혀 있었다. 여기가 황금빛 '팝의 천국'이었다.

NISI20160213_0011346064_web.jpg

본격적인 미카의 쇼맨십이 시작됐다. '빅 걸(Big Girl)'에서는 상대 여성이 있는 것처럼 마임 쇼를 펼쳤고, 비장한 살사 리듬이 배인 '붐 붐 붐(Boum Boum Boum)'은 입에 장미꽃 한 송이를 물고 온몸으로 노래했다.

감미로운 '굿 가이스(Good Guys)'에서는 팬들이 힘을 보탰다. 스마트폰에 내장된 플래시를 모두 꺼내 들고, 공연장을 환히 비쳤다. 미카는 그랜드 피아노가 또 다른 무대인 것처럼 올라가 '팝의 천국'의 광명을 객석 곳곳에 비췄다.

그의 쇼맨십은 여전히 일품이었다. 잠깐의 침묵 사이에 어느 여성 팬이 자신에게 "아이 러브 유"를 외치자 그녀의 이름을 물은 뒤 "이 노래는 당신을 위한 노래"라며 '릴랙스, 테이크 잇 이지'를 부르기도 했다. '오리진 오브 러브'에서는 손하트를 수없이 만들었다.

다시 플래시 이벤트로 객석을 뒤덮은 '언더워터(Underwater)'를 부를 때는 무대 앞 스탠딩 석의 한 팬 스마트폰을 빌려왔다. 플래시가 켜진 스마트폰을 들고, 장난꾸러기처럼 좌우로 흔들며 팬들이 자신의 퍼포먼스를 따라 하게 만들기도 했다. 그의 장난스러운 웃음에 팬들은 "귀엽다"를 연호했다. '스타링 앳 더 선(Staring at the Sun)'을 부를 때는 스탠딩 석을 종횡무진하기도 했다.

'롤리팝'에서는 세션 멤버들이 조력자였다. 미카가 연주하는 피아노를 드럼 스틱으로 쳐대며 또 다른 리듬을 만들어냈다.

미카는 혼자서도 잘했다. '엘 므 디(Elle Me Dit)'를 부를 때, 누워서 하는 퍼포먼스의 진수를 보여줬다.

NISI20160213_0011346063_web.jpg

"제가 피아노 칠게요" 등 영어로 먼저 말한 뒤 여러 번 한국말로 직접 해석해서 들려줬다. 이제 '김믹하'로 통할 정도로 한국에 확실히 팬덤을 구축한 그다웠다. "한국은 제2의 고향"이라고 활짝 웃었다.

이후 본 공연의 마지막 곡인 '위 아 골든'이 울려 퍼지고, 미카가 서 있는 무대와 팬들이 운집한 객석에서 모두 황금 가루가 흩뿌려지는 장관이 펼쳐졌다.

앙코르로 들려준 '러브 투데이'와 '스타더스트(Stardust)'까지, 약 100분간의 마법이 끝났어도 5500여 관객은 미키의 마력에서 한동안 쉽게 깨어나지 못했다. '둠 다 다 디 다 디 둠'(러브 투데이)와 '웬 윌 아이 시 유 어게인(When will I see you again)'(스타더스트)는 미카가 다시 오겠다는 약속의 주술이자 주문이 돼 한동안 귓가를 감돌았다.

앞서 전날 부산 벡스코 오디토리엄에서 2000명을 열광시켰던 미카는 이날 서울에 이어 14일 대구 엑스코로 이번 한국 투어의 피날레를 장식한다. 또 10일에 이어 13일 오후 8시에도 포털사이트 네이버의 브이(V)앱을 통해 팬들과 라이브 채팅한다. 프라이빗커브. 02-563-0595

realpaper7@newsis.com

post-18723-0-28635700-1455451114_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-88498000-1455451122_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-10620600-1455451133_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

Really great review in the Korean Herald.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160214000188

20160214000160_0.jpg

Mika takes Seoul to ‘Heaven’

He’s no stranger to Seoul, but that didn’t stop British artist Mika from drawing in thousands on Friday night, performing at a sold-out concert in Seoul as part his three-day South Korean “Heaven” tour.

British singer-songwriter Mika performs at a concert in Seoul last Friday. (Yonhap)

The singer songwriter lit up Jamsil Arena with sparkles, sequins and confetti in his return to Seoul for the first time in 2016 on Feb. 12.

“Good evening, Seoul,” the artist announced, stepping onto the stage in a gold-sequined Maison Valentino piece. A spotlight was all he needed to kick off the evening, taking to his piano and performing a bonus track off the new album, “Porcelain.”

“Seoul, I decided tonight to start my show, just for now, on my own. So that I could have you just to myself.”

It is hard to believe the singer was here only nine months ago, the crowds welcoming him with cheers and open arms.

The melancholic start quickly transformed into a confetti and streamer charade with Mika’s third song, “Talk about you,” getting the audience up and involved as the curtain dropped. It was the beginning of a journey through Mika’s song and dance “heaven”.

The artist burst with energy and enthusiasm through every moment of his seventeen-song set. Charismatic and humorous, the crowd was drawn to him, listening carefully to every word, whether Korean, English or French.

“Be nice to the piano. My poor piano. I smash you. I jump on you. I hit you with sticks. Now I’ll be nice to you,” he announced in a stream of conscious before bringing his fingers to the ivory keys. “Oh, you’re welcome. ‘Gamsahamnida’ (thank you), piano.”

Playing everything from hits “Grace Kelley” and “Big Girl (You Are Beautiful),” to songs off his latest album “No Place in Heaven,” the artist kept the audience jumping and dancing alongside him for the entire 100-minute set. From a song dedication, to entering the ecstatic crowds, Mika continued to make the audience laugh, cheer and, at times, become absolutely silent.

“You are no longer people, you are thousands of stars,” Mika said halfway through “Underwater.” The artist’s enthusiasm made the occasional cheesiness easily forgivable.

The arena lit up as Mika began swishing and whooshing a phone light in all directions like a shooting star. The audience followed along.

The concert left the audience begging for more, and Mika pulled through yet again, offering a two-song encore, with sparkles, lights and dance moves to wrap it up.

Returning to the stage as merely a silhouette, Mika finished the performance with “Love Today” and “Stardust” to polish off the night.

From Sequined tuxedos and mime to drumsticks on piano and Hawaiian dancing, Mika’s color and flamboyance gave Seoul a night to remember.

Mika performed in South Korea from the 11th until the 13th of February. The artist will continue his “Heaven” tour in Asia and Europe throughout the year.

By Zoe Samios

:thumb_yello: Thank you for sharing this great review!  :wub: It's amazing that MIKA "took Seoul to Heaven", exactly one year after he did the same to Montreal, in another setting... :fisch:  :wub:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

Here good videos from Baby Jane on Youtube

Happy Ending

Relax

Promiseland

Origin of Love

Grace Kelly

Stardust

We Are Golden

Porcelain

Good Guys

My Interpretation/Talk About You

Boum Boum Boum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK-Ec8iCFAU

Underwater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PGbBxPpTc4

• Like 4

I just want to say thank you with my beating heart and bright eyes to Lashers and the  girls in first place... I was feeling back on school trip at 14..

All the three gigs were amazing

See you soon

• 2 weeks later...

Watch at 2.26  :)

This is one of my favorites! I went crazy that night. I felt like MIKA and the audiences were breathing together, and there was nothing else but MIKA and us. It was so memorable moment. I guess every fan has experienced that kind of moment. Because MIKA is a super-great performer. ;-) Thank you for reminding me of that exciting night. 

• Like 2

Hello,

I still have not found right words to express my impression about the night...It was beautiful, heartful, memorable gig.

It was my first MIKA gig in Seoul. Busan was great the night before, but Seoul was something more.

Fans packed with the Jamsil Indoor Stadium were awfully energetic and sung every single song along, yelled in a high voice at every single movement of MIKA. The enthusiastic cheers pushed MIKA to get in the groove. Acutually his parformance was much better than the day before.

His gratefulness for them was written all over his face, especialy he played "Stardust". I am not a Korean, but it was so emotional to see that he was deeply moved and have a view of the audience for a while. :tears:

There was a high degree of confidence between MIKA and Korean fans. That made the show so special one.

Thank you Seoul, One of the best places for MIKA gig for sure.

Here's a link to my SoundCloud audio track, enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/naomika-259139183/20160212seoul

Attached my favourite pic.

MIKA singing in a crowd..I love the morment.  :wub:

NaoMika☆

DSC00230_zps7jazhuyr.jpg

• Like 6

Hello,

I still have not found right words to express my impression about the night...It was beautiful, heartful, memorable gig.

It was my first MIKA gig in Seoul. Busan was great the night before, but Seoul was something more.

Fans packed with the Jamsil Indoor Stadium were awfully energetic and sung every single song along, yelled in a high voice at every single movement of MIKA. The enthusiastic cheers pushed MIKA to get in the groove. Acutually his parformance was much better than the day before.

His gratefulness for them was written all over his face, especialy he played "Stardust". I am not a Korean, but it was so emotional to see that he was deeply moved and have a view of the audience for a while. :tears:

There was a high degree of confidence between MIKA and Korean fans. That made the show so special one.

Thank you Seoul, One of the best places for MIKA gig for sure.

Here's a link to my SoundCloud audio track, enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/naomika-259139183/20160212seoul

Attached my favourite pic.

MIKA singing in a crowd..I love the morment.  :wub:

NaoMika☆

DSC00230_zps7jazhuyr.jpg

It's his 7th show in Korea.... and I went to his every concert in Korea since 2009... and 2016's crowds were the best.... the reactions ... and singing...

and the amount of lollipops... oh I was totally exhausted preparing the lollipops ... almost 1500 lollies. were sold in 2 weeks, that's insane!

Korean mika fans are multiplied every year. seriously.. he doesn't do The Voice or X factor or whatever else.... the amount of fans are just multiplied by youtube and internet so on! Even record company say it's very extraordinary case. There're only just few western popstars who can beat Mika's name in Korea....   Koreans love singing along in concerts...but crowds only can sing some hit numbers, not all songs. Only Mika concert ppl knows EVERY SINGLE LINE, EVERY SINGLE SONG IN Setlist from very old song like My interpretation to French songs Elle Me Dit. I've been to so many concerts in Korea, like Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars...obviously bigger names in this world, but ppl only sings some line of a couple of hit songs, not all of them. In Mika concert... everything. The entire audience knows every lines of every song in whatever setlist is, like they have listened all of mika songs in their entire life. :lmfao: It's just incredible.

Yeah...that night was .... we say it's more like a 'Heaven Karaoke' :lmfao: When he played in Korea in earlier days he seemed very surprised and overwhelmed to see what's happening there... but now he's so used to our reactions and exactly knows how to conduct the crazy audience to be into his show....  he controls and play with us... like the audience is part of his band :naughty:

Edited by Yuna
  • Like 5

It's his 7th show in Korea.... and I went to his every concert in Korea since 2009... and 2016's crowds were the best.... the reactions ... and singing...

and the amount of lollipops... oh I was totally exhausted preparing the lollipops ... almost 1500 lollies. were sold in 2 weeks, that's insane!

Korean mika fans are multiplied every year. seriously.. he doesn't do The Voice or X factor or whatever else.... the amount of fans are just multiplied by youtube and internet so on! Even record company say it's very extraordinary case. There're only just few western popstars who can beat Mika's name in Korea....   Koreans love singing along in concerts...but crowds only can sing some hit numbers, not all songs. Only Mika concert ppl knows EVERY SINGLE LINE, EVERY SINGLE SONG IN Setlist from very old song like My interpretation to French songs Elle Me Dit. I've been to so many concerts in Korea, like Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars...obviously bigger names in this world, but ppl only sings some line of a couple of hit songs, not all of them. In Mika concert... everything. The entire audience knows every lines of every song in whatever setlist is, like they have listened all of mika songs in their entire life. :lmfao: It's just incredible.

Yeah...that night was .... we say it's more like a 'Heaven Karaoke' :lmfao: When he played in Korea in earlier days he seemed very surprised and overwhelmed to see what's happening there... but now he's so used to our reactions and exactly knows how to conduct the crazy audience to be into his show....  he controls and play with us... like the audience is part of his band :naughty:

:thumb_yello: That's amazing - no wonder MIKA loves you sooo much - you really deserve it!!  :wub: Whenever he might need new "fan-drugs" he knows where to go! :wink2: It's a pity you're so far away... ;) I simply LOVE this pic. MIKA & his fans :wub:  Pure love &  joy!! :wub:  :fisch: 

Love, love

me  

• Like 2

:thumb_yello: That's amazing - no wonder MIKA loves you sooo much - you really deserve it!!  :wub: Whenever he might need new "fan-drugs" he knows where to go! :wink2: It's a pity you're so far away... ;) I simply LOVE this pic. MIKA & his fans :wub:  Pure love &  joy!! :wub:  :fisch:

Love, love

me  

Fan drug? that's a impressive word  :naughty: we have a word 'Mika-drug' and it matches well!

Fan drug? that's a impressive word  :naughty: we have a word 'Mika-drug' and it matches well!

:naughty: Well, tbh - I've  never heard this word before myself, just something I invented, while I wrote  :teehee:  But - MIKA might need "fandrug" - and his fans need,  and get, "Mika-drug" - right... :wink2:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

I have to say thanks for your (and all Korean fans') passionate devotion to fan actions, I loved the lollipops!

I did'n have any because I didn't know how to order it. So I felt a bit awkward... even in the seated stand area, everyone brought the lovely illuminating lollipop.

Luckily, I met a generous couple who were sitting behind me, they gave me one for free! 

Such things happened many times during my travel in Korea. . 감사합니다!

:cheerful_h4h:

NaoMika☆

• Like 2

I have to say thanks for your (and all Korean fans') passionate devotion to fan actions, I loved the lollipops!

I did'n have any because I didn't know how to order it. So I felt a bit awkward... even in the seated stand area, everyone brought the lovely illuminating lollipop.

Luckily, I met a generous couple who were sitting behind me, they gave me one for free! 

Such things happened many times during my travel in Korea. . 감사합니다!

:cheerful_h4h:

NaoMika☆

The lollies are only available in Mikaholix, during very limited period before the show... it's fan stuff and designed by Holix admin also.  For this year's tour we got the order from 1st Jan to 14th Jan, just two weeks... and I got about 1,500 orders and the amount was over 10,000,000 KRW . Then I collect and make the order sheet and negotiate with the factory about the details and unit price so on... and the factory make them and ship to the each address. It's a biggest job to me this time, more than preparing those fan actions... and it made me totally exhausted for a month :( ... We holix admins did that for 6 years, just before each Mika gig in Korea... we get orders about 300 to 500 normally but this time it's 3 times more and I think I can't handle this any more... it started with small fun but it became too huge. No wonder lots of ppl have them, as 3,000 lollies are sold during past 6 years even though we get orders during very very limited period.

Oh I or other admins do not get any commercial profit from that. Hope no one misunderstand us... it started from very small fan stuff but....not small any more.

Glad to hear that you could have one from a kind fan. :wub:  Mika fans are always kind and nice to fellow mika fans in this Mika world  :)  

Pity I sent 20 lollies to the Mika crew and band members (Not to Mika himself... ) through the promotor team, but can't sure anyone get this as no one post that on their twitter ..  :pinkbow:

Edited by Yuna
  • Like 5