2016 - MIKA @ NHK Hall, Tokyo, Japan 18 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

It’s a big mystery. He chose the right words to each situation.

If he memorized phrases like an actor in a play, he wasn’t able to use those words

because the concert is different from a play. I guess he spoke ad lib a lot during the show.

He has a genius for music and language too.

:thumb_yello: In fact, I think that MIKA is the best example for the fact that language sense and musicality is well connected  :wink2: And yes, he's a genius at both - and thanks God, not shy to show it, and share it... :wub:

Love, love

me

• Like 4

:thumb_yello: In fact, I think that MIKA is the best example for the fact that language sense and musicality is well connected  :wink2: And yes, he's a genius at both - and thanks God, not shy to show it, and share it... :wub:

Love, love

me

Yes, he isn’t shy to show his skill on the language for the audience. I should learn from him.

However, I know he is not good at how to pronounce “Love you when I’m drunk” in Japanese. :mikasweat:  It seems he gave up on it this year. :naughty:

• Like 2

Yes, he isn’t shy to show his skill on the language for the audience. I should learn from him.

However, I know he is not good at how to pronounce “Love you when I’m drunk” in Japanese. :mikasweat:  It seems he gave up on it this year. :naughty:

:naughty: I don't think it matters if he can't pronounce just this - he surely loves you equally, both sober and drunk!  :teehee: MIKA always speaks about his Asian fans,  in a very nice and loving way, and seems to appreciate your support and creativity a lot :wub:  So before we know, he might return to you, with new concerts... :wink2:  :fisch: 

Love, love

me  

• Like 1

:naughty: I don't think it matters if he can't pronounce just this - he surely loves you equally, both sober and drunk!  :teehee: MIKA always speaks about his Asian fans,  in a very nice and loving way, and seems to appreciate your support and creativity a lot :wub:  So before we know, he might return to you, with new concerts... :wink2:  :fisch:

Love, love

me  

Wow.. :tears: Thank you for letting me know about that. I didn’t know it. I thought he loves Europe a lot. Then he will come back to Japan and hold his new concert, right? Why don’t you come to see it next time in Japan? :welcomeani:

Edited by MIINA

Wow.. :tears: Thank you for letting me know about that. I didn’t know it. I thought he loves Europe a lot. Then he will come back to Japan and hold his new concert, right? Why don’t you come to see it next time in Japan? :welcomeani:

:) Of course I don't know if, or when, MIKA comes back to Japan,  to give you more concerts, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did, cause he seems so enthusiastic and happy about Asia - and as far as I can understand, from what I read and watch here, his concerts are a row of huge successes :wink2:  Fans in several European countries have been  waiting for MIKA, for a long time now,  but he doesn't seem to be in a hurry for that!  ;) Thank you for inviting me to join you next time in Japan!  :hug::wub: It would be a dream, to see some part of your world, cause I've never been there... :) 

Love, love

me   

• Like 2

I'm sorry for my belated post again!! In Tokyo, I was lucky to have a seat in a front row. It was my very first time to be in a front row... I was given that seat from my friend because a person who was supposed to come with her, couldn't make it for some reasons. I'm very sorry for that person. And I appreciate my friend for choosing me to have that seat instead! Thank you very much for MFC, I really had a wonderful time with a very good view.

In Tokyo, the Heaven gate and the Cabin was on the stage. He wore a proper trousers of his Valentino suits. In Osaka, he was wearing a casual trousers, which looked like a black jeans. I liked them both! Yes, his voice condition was better in Tokyo than in Osaka. Of course I love his singing but I really enjoyed his talking between the songs as well.

​During STARING AT THE SUN, before he jumped off the stage, he sat down, right in front of me!
:swoon: I freaked out but I did my best to record the video to share it with all of you. Since he was so close to me, I tried to hear his singing voice directly, not from the speaker, but I couldn't hear it. Not because I was singing loudly. As he run down far from the stage his voice got smaller. I want to know how that speaker from his microphone was working... I will post a video of that moment here. I'm very very sorry for my bad singing and ugly shrill voice! But I hope you could enjoy Mika's beautiful sexy face! I remember that his forehead was shining beautifully with sweat.

STARING AT THE SUN

A group of people made a sign which says "ARIGATO" (thank you in Japanese), to surprise him and tell him THANK YOU. At the end of the show, I held up one too, and then a miracle happened. He took it from me!!! I freaked out again! :swoon:He kissed it and he hold it in his mouth to make a big heart with his hands. I wanted him to give it back to me! It became a memorable moment. But you don't have to be jealous of me, because he never looked at me or said anything to me. He pointed the audience to the front and walked straight towards me on the left hand side of him and took it. It looks as if I am a staff member who was preparing to give it to him!!! I will post a video of that moment as well.

"ARIGATO" at the end of the show

Above all, I was very happy that we managed to tell him how grateful we are, and see him with such a lovely happy smile. :yes:

BIG GIRL + Mika's talk in Japanese
Edited by Yuko_lyrubi
  • Like 13

Thank youMFC

こちらで、ライブのチケットの購入させていただいたおかげで、とても楽しい時間が過ごせました!

ライブに行くたびにMIKAの魅力に魅了され、どんどん底なし沼のようにMIKAが大好きになってしまいます。

日本語を凄く沢山覚えて来てくれたMIKA、毎回新鮮な驚きを感じます。

そして、みなさんのレビューや、動画、画像がその時の感動や興奮を思い出させてくれて、ライブの時間にまた戻りたい!という気持ちになります。

下手な英語より日本語で書いた方がいいかな?と思って、書き直しさせてもらいます。

へぼへぼな画像ですが、少しでも雰囲気が伝わればいいかな?と思います。

post-22709-0-25166800-1456121336_thumb.jpeg

post-22709-0-13061300-1456155610_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hitomi Abe
  • Like 6

Arigato! for the nice reports of the Tokyo show! Wish I could have seen it with my own eyes. I'll get there one day! :pray:

Just for everybody's info, we were able to arrange to have a very small group of MFCers get to meet Mika privately after the show -- he was very tired and asked that we strictly limit the number, so we just arranged for the longest Japanese MFC members (from 2007) to meet him. Unfortunately, as often happens with these things, it was all very last-minute, and in the end it didn't go according to plan at all, for a variety of reasons (no wi-fi, telephones turned off, etc.) :sad:

Still a few long-time Japanese fans did manage to get to speak to him, and we hope that we'll be able to do a better job the next time Mika gets to Japan. :thumb_yello:

Looking forward to hearing more reports from other Japanese fans soon!

• Like 4

Actually, he usually has a device in his ear and someone at the side of the stage tells him what to say.

I think that if he always use the device, his words are always one beat behind. We were able to notice when he use it. We clearly saw he chose correct words himself and used it in this concert in Japan.

• Like 2

Sorry, this is my thought, not report of Mika gig.

The venue "NHK hall" is a memorable place for me, I've been there at David Bowie LIVE in 1978 ( Station to Station tour ) and 1992 ( Tin Machine ).

Those memories make me sad.... :sad:

In 1978, Bowie was 31 yrs old ( younger than Mika in 2016! ) the concert was incredible and one of unforgettable gigs for me...

( it's YouTube, if you'd like to see the concert David Bowie. Isolar II – The 1978 World Tour )

When Mika sang "Good Guys", the song reminds Bowie again...

Mika's concert was awesome as always, he made us HAPPY and satisfied all of audience !!

I felt sometimes Mika's voice is being metamorphosed .... but, he sang perfectly. Happy Ending a cappella was amazing.

Hope he will sing on some songs from LITCM.

and "Hurts" was awesome ! ( but, I love an album version )

Especially I have to write, Mika's Japanese speaking was very good !!

His speaking Japanese made us smile.

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 6

Sorry, this is my thought, not report of Mika gig.

The venue "NHK hall" is a memorable place for me, I've been there at David Bowie LIVE in 1978 ( Station to Station tour ) and 1992 ( Tin Machine ).

Those memories make me sad.... :sad:

In 1978, Bowie was 31 yrs old ( younger than Mika in 2016! ) the concert was incredible and one of unforgettable gigs for me...

( it's YouTube, if you'd like to see the concert David Bowie. Isolar II – The 1978 World Tour )

When Mika sang "Good Guys", the song reminds Bowie again...

Mika's concert was awesome as always, he made us HAPPY and satisfied all of audience !!

I felt sometimes Mika's voice is being metamorphosed .... but, he sang perfectly. Happy Ending a cappella was amazing.

Hope he will sing on some songs from LITCM.

and "Hurts" was aawsome ! ( but, I love an album version )

Especially I have to write, Mika's Japanese speaking was very good !!

His speaking Japanese made us smile.

The reality for singers is that their voices get deeper with age.  Maybe that's why he said he does plenty of vocal exercises.

What is the his secret to learning languages? Maybe he has been studying :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry for my belated post again!! In Tokyo, I was lucky to have a seat in a front row. It was my very first time to be in a front row... I was given that seat from my friend because a person who was supposed to come with her, couldn't make it for some reasons. I'm very sorry for that person. And I appreciate my friend for choosing me to have that seat instead! Thank you very much for MFC, I really had a wonderful time with a very good view.

STARING AT THE SUN

"ARIGATO" at the end of the show

BIG GIRL + Mika's talk in Japanese

One year had passed since Mika came to Japan last, and I added some videos now that I recorded during the concerts last year.

Actually I recorded a lot in Tokyo, because I was in the front row for the first time. But I only shared a few last year, because my speaking voice and singing voice were too loud and sounded ugly. Also, unfortunatelly you can't see Mika's face clearly because of the lights.

But the time heals. (lol) It's still embarassing but I don't care about it as much as before. More than that, I really want to share the atomospher, and his great performance with his great Japanese speaking skills.

I really like enjoying between the songs as well, so some of them are long.

I concentrated on watching him with my own eyes, and I didn't focus on shooting videos that much, so please forgive me that most of them are really bad.

一年前にMikaが来日した際に撮ったvideoを追加シェアします。

東京で初めての最前列を体験して、沢山Videoを撮ってたのですが、あまりに私の声と歌声も入ってるのが恥ずかしくてアップしなかったのです。

ライトでMikaの顔が飛んでしまってるし、やっぱりライブ中は自分の目でしっかりとMikaを観てたかったので、Mikaの体の一部しか映ってなかったり、全く映ってない所も沢山あります。

でも、一年前ほどは気にならなくなったのと、もう一度観てみたら臨場感があって、、私の声が気になる方も沢山いらっしゃるかもしれませんが、 :sweatdrop:

とにかくMikaの素晴らしいステージと、頑張って覚えてくれた沢山の日本語をシェアしたい :wub: 思いから、今更ながらアップすることにしました。

調べたら全曲分のvideoがありました。

どの部分でどんな日本語で何を言ってたかが分かるように書き出しました。

YouTubeの説明書き欄にも書いておきました。

To write down what he said in Japanese, I've written what he said in English too. So, if you find any mistakes, plaease let me know.

Porcelain

My Interpretation

No Place In Heaven

Talk About You

0:00

Porcelain

4:08

こんにちは、東京。

My Interpretation

6:30

No Place In Heaven

9:55

I decided to start tonight, all on my own. Just that I could have you all to myself.

ここでは一人だけで始めようと思った。

I can tell my Japanese haven't got much better since 9 months ago.

10:29

Talk About You

13:55

Tonight for the first time ever in Tokyo, we are somewhere elegant for a Mika show.

今夜はこんなにもエレガントなショーを、君とここでやるんだよ。

So, you all have to be very very エレガントの、

エレガントでいてね。

And very polite. 上品にぃ。I will be polite. 僕も上品でいくよ。

”Oh〜”

Grace Kelly

Good Wife

Big Girl

Dear Lord.

You made many many skinny poeple like me.

愚かにもどうしてこんなにも痩せてる人達を作ったんだい?

But the only thing in order to make the world better place, and a happier place, is put a few more big boys and big girls.

Tokyo, do you agree?

Thank you Lord. Amen.

Boum Boum Boum

(a fun kept shouting "Mika! Mika!" at him.)

I'm busy! I'll talk to you later.

今忙しい。

Is it important?

それ、重要なんだろうか?

Yes or no? It isn't important to talk about it now.

(a fan said "Mika! I love you!")

Oh, I love you too but that's really not important right now.

Tell you what's important, my piano doesn't work.

Ok, so you were saying? What were you saying?

I think I broke it.

壊しちゃった。

Cause I bounced and danced on the instrument.

Oh! I love you piano. I promise I won't dance on you again.

1:28

Boum Boum Boum

Good Guys

Origin of Love

Good Guys

4:40

次の歌はマルボロのCMで男の人が赤いシャツを着て馬に乗るのを想像してね!

or not.

違うかも。

6:25

Origin Of Love

Relax

Staring at the Sun

Lollipop

乾杯!(kampai = cheers!)

Oh, I love you. What's your name?

(someone shouted her name or something else.)

Did you say Sara or shut up? Either way it's ok. Shut up! (lol)

(a fan kept saying "shut up".)

Oh don't say that to me. Say I love you. It's much nicer that to say I love you.

愛してるって言って!

(a guy shouted 'Aisiteru!' = l love you.)

Now wait a minute everybody, did you now forget I told you we have to be polite tonight.

ちょっと待って、上品にって言ったでしょう?

Other wise, they'll never let us back.

じゃないと、もう来ないよぅ。

2:25

愛してるよ、ピアノ。

Hurts

(a fan shouted "Hurts!")

Ah, stop bullying me.

Underwater

3:20

電気。(Denki = lights)

Thank you.

I want you to turn on thousands of stars.

みんな、星になって

Elle Me Dit

Happy Ending

We Are Golden

Last Party

Happy Ending

4:55

マイク無しのアカペラ

6:20

We Are Golden

12:05