2016 - Teatro Petruzzelli, Bari, ITALY - 7 March - Reports/Pics/Vids

Kumazzz

Giornale di Puglia

Mika: super show al Petruzzelli

3/08/2016 09:00:00 PM

di PIERPAOLO DE NATALE - Straordinario successo per il Live Concert di Mika al Petruzzelli. L'evento, organizzato dal Gioco del Lotto, ha soddisfatto tutti i presenti, che si erano aggiudicati a fatica un posto in teatro per assistere al concerto del celebre artista libanese. Con la sua inconfondibile voce, Mika ha saputo coinvolgere tutto il pubblico, facendo cantare e ballare ogni persona presente. Sulle note dei suoi più grandi successi, da Grace Kelly a Happy Ending, passando per Stardust e Relax, take it easy, è stato impossibile resistere e tutti si sono lasciati trasportare dalla magica atmosfera.

post-18723-0-81078300-1457489158_thumb.jpg

Un grande regalo alla città di Bari, dove i fan dell'amato cantante hanno potuto godersi dal vivo il proprio beniamino. Grande sorpresa nel bel mezzo del concerto, quando Mika è scomparso dalla scena, per poi riapparire tra le poltrone del terzo ordine del Petruzzelli cantando Staring at the Sun. Inutile dire come il pubblico abbia letteralmente circondato l'artista, trasmettendo tutto il calore della città. Lo stesso Mika - rivolgendosi al suo chitarrista, che per la prima volta si esibiva con lui sul palco - ha detto: "Sei al sud, qui non devi avere paura".

post-18723-0-78318500-1457489179_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

Oh this theatre is beautiful. Looks like a mini Royal Opera House in London. That's cool that he went up into the balcony. People must have been so surprised and thrilled to see him close up.

• Like 1

Repubblica

VIDEO

http://video.repubblica.it/edizione/bari/mika-al-petruzzelli-di-bari-show-tra-i-fan-sui-palchi-del-teatro/231403/230870?ref=twhlba

8 marzo 2016

Mika al Petruzzelli di Bari, show tra i fan sui palchi del teatro

Ciclone Mika. Al Petruzzelli di Bari, invitato dal Gioco del Lotto per chiudere la rassegna Il gioco più tuo, il cantautore ha travolto il pubblico. Giovani, giovanissimi, ma anche tanti adulti in visibilio, trascinati dal ritmo delle sue canzoni, hanno invaso la platea già all’inizio del concerto. Impossibile stare fermi in poltrona su Grace Kelly e Relax, take it easy, tanto che le maschere del teatro – dopo un iniziale tentativo di arginare la folla – si sono arrese. Tutti con il braccialetto fluo al polso, cosa inusuale per un teatro votato alla lirica, hanno seguito il loro idolo cercando di avvicinarsi il più possibile a lui. E Mika ha regalato più di un’ora e mezzo di live, accompagnato dalla band e perfetto negli acuti. “Sei al Sud, qui non devi avere paura”, ha detto al chitarrista che suonava con lui per la prima volta. Uno show brillante che ha avuto il culmine con una sorpresa: all’improvviso Mika è sparito dal palco per riapparire al terzo ordine e cantare con gli spettatori increduli Staring at the sun. Non contento, è sceso in platea circondato dai flash e dalle urla (Anna Puricella)

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

Oh this theatre is beautiful. Looks like a mini Royal Opera House in London. That's cool that he went up into the balcony. People must have been so surprised and thrilled to see him close up.

Yes! My very good opinion about the concert is also because the venue.

The atmosphere of the classical theatre inspired Mika. The show was pop but elegant.

He divided the audience in 3 parts. The Hell (us in stall area), the Purgatory (the balcony) and the Heaven (the upper circle).

At the start of Staring at the Sun he started to sing but we did not see him on stage. And when he appeared in the Purgatory it was a big surprise mostly for us in the Hell section, we understood after a while... and we turned back just because the audience over us started to scream like crazy!

Mika was surrounded by people and phones and selfies and screaming girls, just with one person of security. Anyway all was spontaneus and not dangerous. Crazy happines was in the air!

The funniest moment (and you can see in one of the video here) was when he decide to walk in the balcony but a lady was on his way... he pushed her forward in a kind way, thouching her back (really... tickling her back!). 

And after he disappeared again, he sang in the hallway and the stairs, and he appeared again in stall area, untill he reach the stage.

An amazing "coup de theatre" particularly evocative in this venue. The same action in an ordinary sport stadium  it would not be the same.

It is funny that we (a group of mfcers) were in a good position and i saw the show very close and very well. But my favourite moment was this, when he was so far away from us and we danced like crazy  :naughty:

• Like 6

Yes! My very good opinion about the concert is also because the venue.

The atmosphere of the classical theatre inspired Mika. The show was pop but elegant.

He divided the audience in 3 parts. The Hell (us in stall area), the Purgatory (the balcony) and the Heaven (the upper circle).

At the start of Staring at the Sun he started to sing but we did not see him on stage. And when he appeared in the Purgatory it was a big surprise mostly for us in the Hell section, we understood after a while... and we turned back just because the audience over us started to scream like crazy!

Mika was surrounded by people and phones and selfies and screaming girls, just with one person of security. Anyway all was spontaneus and not dangerous. Crazy happines was in the air!

The funniest moment (and you can see in one of the video here) was when he decide to walk in the balcony but a lady was on his way... he pushed her forward in a kind way, thouching her back (really... tickling her back!). 

And after he disappeared again, he sang in the hallway and the stairs, and he appeared again in stall area, untill he reach the stage.

An amazing "coup de theatre" particularly evocative in this venue. The same action in an ordinary sport stadium  it would not be the same.

It is funny that we (a group of mfcers) were in a good position and i saw the show very close and very well. But my favourite moment was this, when he was so far away from us and we danced like crazy  :naughty:

Good to see you got to go in the end  :)

Thanks for pics and reports! :thumb_yello:  Does anyone have the setlist? I've watched the gig on Periscope ( mille grazie,Grazia!  :bow:  ),and it was great! I loved Beautiful Disaster live  :wub:

Hi! It's always a pleasure share periscope with people who loves Mika like me ❤️

• Like 3

I'm really very happy to had the opportunity to be at the Mika's concert in Bari at the Petruzzelli Theatre! :) :) :) Mika was fantastic! ❤ I listened for the first time live, Porcelain and Beautiful Disaster, in the original version! I love them! ❤ At a certain point Mika was no longer on the stage... Then he appeared in front of me in the audience and we sang and danced all together! It was wonderful! ❤ He was very happy and satisfied and we too! :) :) :)

These are my pics...

post-25071-0-60508900-1457647711_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-01288100-1457647733_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-45750700-1457647756_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-20063000-1457647788_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-25862100-1457647805_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-37978800-1457647823_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-90564200-1457647853_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-94073200-1457647867_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-26601900-1457647884_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-29999200-1457647907_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-86304300-1457647981_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-30988800-1457647998_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-61415700-1457648011_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-60387300-1457648039_thumb.png

post-25071-0-05309600-1457648060_thumb.png

post-25071-0-39867200-1457648080_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gabry74
  • Like 3

Here's my report. Sorry for the delay, but I had a couple of things to write about it :naughty:

The concert in Bari was unexpected in every way.

When it was confirmed that he was going to perform there, I had a moment of disbelief. A free concert. One hour away from where I live. He's never come that close and I wasn't expecting that at all. I had to be there. But then there was the ticket war. As soon as I learnt the tickets assignment was going to be random, I kinda lost all my hopes. I don't consider myself a lucky person, usually I never win anything and I was sure there were going to be thousands of people trying to get a ticket and only 600 available. I was ready to be left out once again. On the reservation day, I spent the whole morning refreshing the sponsor site, a little discouraged, but determined to at least try. Then, when I realised I really had the tickets for the concert, I just couldn't believe my eyes. In my head, it was all very simple: get the train tickets, ask my parents to collect the theatre tickets, go there, watch the concert and come back home right after. Of course even the most simple things never turn out to be that simple. I had some issues with the train tickets and four trips to the station were needed, before I finally had them in my hands. I was super excited, but I have to say my mom, whom I was gonna go with, was too. It was her first concert ever.

We arrived in Bari one hour and a half before the door opening and, as the theatre was pretty close to the station, we took our time and stopped in shops along the way. We got there quite early just the same, so we decided to walk around the theatre, to see how it looked like, and there it was, one stage truck, all alone in the back of the theatre gates. It was enough to make me even more excited. Meanwhile, a small group of people had gathered in front of one of the side doors, where the audience was supposed to enter. We joined the queue and spend there more than half an hour, it was quite windy and not really a pleasure to wait outside, so we were looking forward to get in. When the doors finally opened, a security guy told us they would only let in people whose surname started with A to L and that all the others had to go to the opposite side and enter from a different door. Of course we were in the wrong line and had to leave, even though we only had something like 20 people before us, and found a hundred people in the right queue. At least they were moving pretty fast. We eventually got inside, had our tickets and ID's checked and followed the directions to our seats. We had to go to a loge at the second floor, on the right side of the stage. It was close enough, but I have to say the view wasn't the best. It was very small and quite triangular, with three chairs in the front, two stools in the middle and one only stool in the back, in the corner near the door. Poor mom found out that very one was her seat and she didn't seem very happy, while mine was one of the middle seats. Luckily, all the other four people we shared the loge with were very kind and we agreed on moving all the chairs forward, so that everyone could have a good view. I spent the whole concert on my knees on the stool, that way I could see the whole stage very well, even though it was a bit unconfortable and tiring.

The concert was amazing. There was no backdrop, nothing at all. Just the instruments and some lights on the back of the stage. He was chatty and funny and it looked like he as well was having a great time.

He started alone singing Porcelain, which I was so hoping for, after knowing he did it during the Asian tour. As soon as I saw him in the dark sitting at the piano and I recognised the first few notes, I must admit my heart almost skipped a beat. He was doing it for real. I cried the first time I saw a Periscope of him singing it, but have this thing: whenever I'm at a concert, I'm not able to cry of emotion. Maybe it's because I'm just so happy to be there and all I can do is smile or because I don't want to lose control over myself in front of strangers.. I don't know... but one sure thing is that I felt like I wanted to cry of happiness and my smile became even bigger instead. It's one of my favourite songs and it was magical. Right after, he greeted us and said he was happy to finally be performing in southern Italy in such a beautiful venue. He then went on with Talk Abou You and Grace Kelly. He made us sing and played a little with us, telling us when to scream or be quiet. It was so strange to see my mom having fun just like me. I didn't really know what to expect from her, but she was really enjoying it a lot. He made the usual little prayer before Big Girl and I heard my mom say she couldn't understand half of the things he was saying, even though he was speaking Italian. I can't blame her. I got so used to Mika's way of speaking that I have no problem understanding what he says, but it can indeed be a bit tricky, with all his little mistakes and made-up words. Halfway through the song there was a very funny moment with Tristan. Mika went next to him to make him dance a bit, I guess, but he wouldn't do anything, so Mika told him not to be scared, that we were there to sing, and dance and have fun. He was saying all that in Italian and poor Tristan was nodding to play along. I had just told my mom that the guy was English and had no idea what Mika was saying, when Mika told him (always in Italian) "You're not unserstanding a f*ck!" and made us laugh. He must've heard me. As an itroduction to Boum Boum Boum, he told us he started working in classical music in theatres like the one where we were and that when he first saw the audience from the stage, his life changed, but that there's not a big difference between the songs he used to sing at the conservatory and the ones he sings now, as all of them talk about the same things, about love, things that hurt, things we like but in the end they all talk about boum boum boum. He then kindly offered to explain us what boum boum boum is by doing a demonstration, because he had noticed some puzzled people in the audience. He made the usual hip movement, then a movement his arm and then with his head, but he moved the head so slightly that he realised we couldn't probably even notice it and said out loud "You can't see a f*ck". It was so spontaneous! I love it when he's so mouthy without being coarse.The next song was Beautiful Disaster and I would never ever have thought he would sing that one live. The people next to me didn't seem to know it at the beginning, they were all quiet, but then the chorus came and I heard the whole theatre singing along. It was really really nice and guess what? He didn't even mess up the lyrics! Very well done for a first time! Relax is an old but gold. I love all his wild moves, the jump with his legs bent back, the way he can stand on his toes, but what really left me in awe was what I call the Relax pose: that simple move at the very end, with his legs crossed and an arm around his head. Don't ask me why I love it so much, but I do and I had never seen him doing it live before. He had changed his jacket only 5 minutes before, but when the song was over I saw him going backstage again, despite the next song was already starting. I heard the guitar intro of Staring at the Sun and I knew he was supposed to be back already to sing, and yet he was nowhere to be found. He did start to sing, indeed, but I was so confused, he wasn't there. I kept looking for him on stage and I only understood he was on the balcony when I heard people scream and turned to see what was going on. I don't know if it was all planned or he decided to go there last minute, either way I was so surprised and pleased he did. I was even more pleased to see people were behaving really well and weren't mobbing him. Of course some of them went close to him, but he was free to walk back and forth along the balcony. After he stayed there for a while, he disappeared again an I pictured him singing alone while running down the theatre stairs and corridors. I looked around to see if I could find him anywhere and there he was, walking across the stalls, surrounded by fans. I wasn't lucky enough to be close to where he went, but as I said I was happy just the same to see he decided to trust his audience and go sing among them. It might seem a silly thing, but I think it meant a lot to all the people there. He had never done that in Italy before and after all the bad episodes of some crazy fans chasing and banging on his car, following him around and stuff, I thought he would never trust us enough to do such a thing. I'm glad he did and we could prove him not all his fans are rude and disrespectful. He jumped back on stage and sat at the piano, telling us the next song was written on a train from Shanghai to Beijing. His band gathered around him, they all had drumsticks in their hands and I was sure he was going to play Lollipop. He said "Stop your eyes. Close your eyes. Stop your... no, you say 'close your eyes' and imagine this train", and I was right, Lollipop it was. I was so happy to listen to this new version live and to see so many new things during only one concert. Another new thing happened during Underwater. I love that song to bits and I melt everytime I listen to that piano intro. It has a special meaning to me and I love it even more live, when all the lights go down and people turn into beautiful little stars, lighting him only with our tiny phone lights. It really gives me a sense of how many people are there just for him, so many that we can light up the whole venue. This time, though, he wanted all of us to stay in the dark, because he thought we hadn't yet sung at our best and "as everything in life is easier in the dark, singing as well is easier in the dark and you can sing without embarrassment, like we're the last people on the planet. You up there in Heaven, you have to sing like angels do. You down there, in front of me on the floor, you have to sing with the same anger as people in Hell. You there in the middle, you have to sing like people in Purgatory wanting to go to Heaven. To get out of Purgatory, you have to sing louder than the angels above, and you in Hell, we all know that's the best place to be". It was amazing and yet a bit scary to me to know where he and the other people were and not be able to see anything. I almost felt helpless, but on the other hand there was the power of his and hundreds of voices singing all together. After this beautiful moment, I had a little moment of panick as soon as I heard Stardust. Don't get me wrong, I love that song, but I really really REALLY can't stand the duet with Chiara. The thing is, apparently he does and brings her around Italy with him. Everything had been so perfect until that very moment and I was afraid to see her walk on stage. I was like "Oh, no. Why?", but I was resigned. What else could I do? When he started to sing, I was ready to hear her voice and try to not let it bother me as much as I could. Can you imagine the relief when I understood she wasn't there? It was the first time I saw him sing that one live without her. To continue what seemed to be the the concert of first times for me, he soon after sang Hurts. I wasn't very fond of the remix version, I loved the acoustic one at first listening, just because I think the piano goes so well with the feeling of the song, but the remix slowly grew on me and I don't mind it now and I also have to say it's very good live. Then another old but gold: Happy Ending. His voice was sooo good and powerful. I'd been told many times how good his voice is when he does the last bit a cappella, but I had never had the luck to be there when he did it... until then. I saw him ask us to be quiet, which took people a while to understand. They kept being loud and I was getting mad at them. What if he gave up because they couldn't keep their mouths shut? After what felt like an eternity, he got the silence he was asking for, we were all quietly waiting for him to do his magic. He started to sing unplugged and what could possibily happen? Some girls started to sing along! No way, I was in disbelief. What the hell were they thinking?! The whole audience shushed them quite harshly, but really, there was no other way. I could only stare at him with eyes wide open and try to fix that moment in my mind. It was just perfect. Sadly, we were coming to the end. He bowed and they all walked away. I was quite sure there was going to be an encore, I was wondering what it could be. The first one to come back on stage was Tristan, playing the unmistakable bass line of Love Today. One of the girls I was with in the loge invited me to join her in the front, we pushed all the chairs away and got ready to go crazy. He sang a bit of the song, then he said it was a pleasure for him to sing there and, for absolutely no reason, started a nonsensical speech about mice. He was speaking so softly I had a really hard time trying to figure out what he was saying. It went something like this: "It was an honour to sing here, very amusing, but now it's time to sleep, so we have to quietly and respectfully go away, like little mice in the night, discreet little mice, like the mice living in this building. Thank you to the lottery for inviting me, but they probably didn't get rid of the mice, that will stay here forever, even after we go back home. This is to the mice." He went wild, jumping up and down, playing the drums with Joy, which incredibly was another thing I was dying to see him do. I still can't believe how lucky I was to be there. And then "Before leaving, angels, people in Purgatory, I have news: you can go to Heaven, but if you want, you can as well go to Hell. You sang and now, for the last time tonight, together, when I count to three, we wanna see every person here start to dance. One, two, three!" and the craziness began. And now, it was over for real. As he was going backstage from the side of the stage where I was, someone threw him a little bouquet. He picked it up, look at the person who threw it and smiled. It was one of those hartwarming smiles, when his eyes sparkle. He thanked them, waved one last time and left.

It was still quite early, we had the train back home only after an hour and a half and we didn't have anywhere to go, therefore I suggested to join the people who were waiting for him, at least for a while. I wasn't expecting him to stop or even come out while I was still there, as he usually leaves rather late and I couldn't stay long, but at least my mother and I wouldn't have to wait for the train alone in a desert station for longer than an hour. I tried to see if I could find some of the people I knew there to have a chat with them, sadly I found no one. There were way less people waiting outside than I thought, maybe something like 50 and they were rather quiet. Well, quiet compared to my last awful experience in Florence last year. No one screaming or climbing on the gates. Then I saw Mika's driver parking the car closer to the backstage door and thought that maybe I had a chance to see him go away. He did come out after a while, but I had no idea what was going on. I saw most of the people running to the gates and spread along them, at first I thought he has only got on the car, but they where still there and it was weird, so I went closer trying to find free a spot, but there was none. For maybe less than 5 seconds, I could glimpse him waving and smiling at people, but for what I could see, he didn't seem to be signing stuff or chatting with anyone. Then the gates opened and some security guys formed a barrier to keep people on the sidewalks, while Mika's car left. The windows were dark and we couldn't see anything inside, but I raised my hand and waved just the same, without even knowing if he was looking out. Everyone left soon after and my mom and I headed to the station, even if we still had more than half an hour to wait. While we were sitting on the platform bench with nothing else to do but try to stay awake and warm, I asked my mom what her thoughts about the concert were. She said she liked it a lot and I could see her eyes were heart shaped. She even asked me to tell her more about him and his story, so I did, starting from when he was born in Beirut. When the train came, I was still talking about Mika.

This concert was very special to me, so many first times, as I said, from the venue to all the new things he did while performing. It was a real gift and even though I missed some of my friends and songs like Origin or Promiseland, even though I could only see him leave for a few seconds from afar, I couldn't have asked for more. It was amazing.

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 15

Grazie mille Alyara - for your looong and detailed report !! :hug:  It really was worth waiting for, you're a super storyteller!! :wink2: So happy to hear that your mom also got this special and amazing gig experience!! :) I suppose you both will remember this evening with MIKA,  as a real treasure... :wub:  

Love, love

me 

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you, girls. It was a pleasure to share this special gig with you, at least through my report. I so hope there were a proper HD recording of it. And I think Mika won my mom over. I found her listening to some of his songs and a couple of times his ad was on tv, she said "He was so good live!". I don't expect her to keep going to his gigs around Italy, but I'm sure she now knows why I go whenever I can.

• Like 2

Hello friends, sorry to keep you waiting for the video of the concert in Bari but I was away for work with a very bad connection.

Today I finally succeeded in uploading the video of the WHOLE Bari gig. You can get it at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B33QG-MPAnbJS2JYNTEzZGk2YUU/view?usp=sharing

It was made with an iphone6s so quality is not excellent but not too bad either.

Warn you, it is an 11GB .mov file.

Enjoy and feed me back!

Ciao!

Mariagrazia

Edited by dotoli
  • Like 5

Huge thanks and much love to everyone who shared lovely reports, photos and videos here :huglove::flowers2: You all rock :hug: It's almost like having been there with you :wub2:

Laura, so glad Mika won your mum's heart  :woot_jump:

Edited by crazyaboutmika