Mika 'The Art of Song' Part 2 on BBC Radio 2 Easter Monday 2016

RAK1

VIDEO

And now I can't see them too. The links worked before.  :(

I Only Want To Be With You on BBCR2 Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BBCR2/videos/1352552514756725/

Thanks a lot for posting !

RE-uploaded to VK.

2016.03.28 I Only Want To Be With You (Dusty Springfield cover)

• Like 2

reading the comments on the facebook page really upset me, now I don't listen to radio at all but was he really that bad ? I mean what are "real radio presenters " like ? that he fell so short ?

reading the comments on the facebook page really upset me, now I don't listen to radio at all but was he really that bad ? I mean what are "real radio presenters " like ? that he fell so short ?

It sounds like people are just venting over some radio presenters getting sacked. Don't worry about it. I'm listening to it now and it's great. ;)

• Like 3

Some pretty harsh comments on BBC Radio 2 Facebook  :shocked:  :bash:

I don't understand why people would complain about him.  He is great at presenting and I could easily imagine him as a full-time presenter if he decided to stop singing for a while.  Obviously, some people are hard to please.  I loved the radio show so much, really hope he will do more episodes. :)

• Like 5

its ok to dislike his covers,  tastes are different but rubbish sounds different to me and the show was great, wish he could do something like that and present his own songs. Its also interesting that people are moaning about covers also charts are full of them...

Some people just don't like Mika's voice. Just like The Weeknd makes me want to punch a wall every time I hear his whiny voice and repetitive songs. People have different tastes. Rubbish (and not rubbish) is in the ear of the beholder. This is what you'll see occasionally you peek out into the real world, away from the "Mika is the most amazing artist ever" echo chamber.

• Like 1

Some people just don't like Mika's voice. Just like The Weeknd makes me want to punch a wall every time I hear his whiny voice and repetitive songs. People have different tastes. Rubbish (and not rubbish) is in the ear of the beholder. This is what you'll see occasionally you peek out into the real world, away from the "Mika is the most amazing artist ever" echo chamber.

Yes you're right, not only Mika fans post there and everyone has different tastes :thumb_yello: But as for me when I don't like a song, a cover or a singer I simply don't listen and I don't bother to leave a comment. 

• Like 4

Yes you're right, not only Mika fans post there and everyone has different tastes :thumb_yello: But as for me when I don't like a song, a cover or a singer I simply don't listen and I don't bother to leave a comment. 

Agree but some people like being rude and i can't understand why.

• Like 3

Their tax dollars fund the BBC and they are entitled to have a say in what they like and don't like about the programming. The BBC Facebook page is not Mika's wall. It's not there for people to praise him. It seems like there is a balance of opinions to me so no harm done. I am sure one person or another will comment on every single thing they air as being rubbish so they are not going to take a handful of comments as a public outcry against having Mika on their station. There were people who said Grace Kelly was rubbish (and worse) but it didn't stop the song from being #1.

• Like 3

bah... people are just giving their opinion. It doesn't matter if we agree or disagree with it. It's their opinion.

I'm not offended by any of it. :dunno:  

Well if they said "I don't like this" sure, but "rubbish" is rude, no matter who that applies to...

• Like 2

That's true that, when someone sings a cover, there is a risk. Or the song is well interpreted, or she's a flop. People who dislike his covers from this show can be fan of Mika. But a little community have a pleasure to spit on the back of artists.

In my case, there are some covers and songs that Mika has done that I don't like. And his style (voice, outfits...) is particular, there are so many criticisms.

If someone didn't like Mika, why would they listen to the show anyway?  There are plenty of singers I don't like but I don't listen to their music or post mean comments about them.

I don't feel the covers were his best, but I still enjoyed them.  I definitely wouldn't call them "rubbish".  Even Mika himself admitted he made mistakes.

• Like 1

People will say what they are going to say, but this is what I hate about the UK at the moment, they will lap up the crap from certain talent shows, but anyone like Mika who worked his way up from nothing without that kind of help is always fair game for mud slinging.

This is why I haven't had time for a lot of acts here lately, I find them bland and soul less, I'm sick of seeing anyone who shows any imagination, being trounced all over.

I pay for my licence fee, but I have to listen to complete rubbish over and over again, that these other people push for. 

It really winds me up!