Journal d'un optimiste accidentel

frenchfan84

Ok so I wrote to JC Lattès (the editor) an hour ago and I already have a reply, I'm impressed! :bow: 
I asked them about the release date and if it was written in french or if it was a translation and here was their answer:

«En effet, le livre de Mika a été reporté jusqu’à nouvel ordre. L’ouvrage n’a pas pu être terminé à temps et il sera donc décalé soit en fin d’année 2016 soit début 2017. L’original est écrit en français mais aucune date n’est encore fixée pour sa sortie.»

Quick translation: the release has been put off until further notice. The book was not finished on time so it will be delayed to the end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017. The original version is written in french but no date is set for its release yet.

I guess we have our answer :)

• Like 1

I agree about the cover, I really hope this won't be the official one, it's so dull.

The original being written in French? Really?? Now, that's something I don't understand, if it's true. It wouldn't make any sense. Not that I was expecting him to write it in Italian, but I surely was expecting it to be in English first and then translated to Italian, French and what not. He doesn't even write songs in French by himself, why would he write a whole book? Even if he's being helped by someone, again, why? He's said more than once that this book is kinda ruining his life, why make it even harder by writing it in a language he doesn't completely master?

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 3

In French?? That is even more weird.... unless it was written by Doriand  :rolleyes:

The original being written in French? Really?? Now, that's something I don't understand, if it's true. It wouldn't make any sense. Not that I was expecting him to write it in Italian, but I surely was expecting it to be in English first and then translated to Italian, French and what not. He doesn't even write songs in French by himself, why would he write a whole book? Even if he's being helped by someone, again, why? He's said more than once that this book is kinda ruining his life, why make it even harder by writing it in a language he doesn't completely master?

I know I'm really suprised, I was expecting it to be in English as well... We still have a couple of months to investigate about that ;)

• Like 1

For some reason nothing is never simple in Mikaland :lmfao:

Writing to Lattes was an excellent thing to do , thank you Isa :huglove:

I'm sure the whole subs team would gladly help Mika finish his book (and even in several languages) and be faster than Doriand  Kris   :omg_fans:

:naughty:

It does say the book was written by a "collectif" meaning several people (but  not MFCers :teehee:)

One thing is sure, always expect the unexpected with Mika :wink2:

I really hope for a new cover too :pray:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2

OH MY GOD really ?! why ?!!!!! I just hope that it won't be out very late in the year because I can't wait anymore !?! 

to me french italian or english doesn't really matter as i understand them all but i think it should be good if it has an english version so that it could be understood by the most important number of fans...

the date really sucks i had hope to be able to read it before all of my exams and now it is canceled  :o

I hope it will be released very soon ...

Ok so I wrote to JC Lattès (the editor) an hour ago and I already have a reply, I'm impressed! :bow: 

I asked them about the release date and if it was written in french or if it was a translation and here was their answer:

«En effet, le livre de Mika a été reporté jusqu’à nouvel ordre. L’ouvrage n’a pas pu être terminé à temps et il sera donc décalé soit en fin d’année 2016 soit début 2017. L’original est écrit en français mais aucune date n’est encore fixée pour sa sortie.»

Quick translation: the release has been put off until further notice. The book was not finished on time so it will be delayed to the end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017. The original version is written in french but no date is set for its release yet.

I guess we have our answer :)

Thanks for asking the editors!  

so what they're saying is it'll be out Mikasoon  :naughty:

Besides the dates, and the mixed up between French and Italian versions, what seems even more wrong is the cover... Maybe it's just temporary, but it doesn't look like something Mika would have done

i really hope it's temporary! it reminds me of the cheap-looking covers of the unofficial biographies people have published about him *blech*

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently it would be realeased in August in italy but still have to have a confirm ...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I finally ordered it for my birthday on amazon ( the original one not the premium version) and it has told me that i would get it as soon as it would be available. When i look at the releasing date (still on amazon) i should receive it around the 8th of october as they say it would be available on the 6th. We still have to wait 'cause others compagnies say 28th of september and others prefers not to say anything ... Well we'll see if it Will be in my mail in october;-)

• Like 2

I´m very curious if it really will be available as we don´t hear or see any Promotion. I can´t believe Mika or his Team wouldn´t make a lot of noise when the book is ready and at the start. Tell us if you get it please.

I´m very curious if it really will be available as we don´t hear or see any Promotion. I can´t believe Mika or his Team wouldn´t make a lot of noise when the book is ready and at the start. Tell us if you get it please.

Yes that's true , but don't worry (be happy) I'll tell you if I get it ;*)

• Like 1

amazon.fr says it should be delivered to me on October 11th.... and fnac.com says it should be out on September 28th... :dunno:

Yes, but logic dictates that this is not correct. First of all, Mika has been working with the Italian book publishing house Rizzoli, not a French concern. Second, there has been absolutely no promo, no word from anyone OFFICIAL about this book.

If you are getting a book from FNAC or Amazon.fr anytime soon, I would pretty much guarantee that it is not the book Mika has been talking about and writing for the past few years. :dunno:

• Like 3

When I saw the cover I thought "Wow, that's the first time I've seen him looking hot in a suit"

Wasn't there going to be a collection of his magazine (Republica?) column in book form?

I think that's how the book started out originally -- that it was going to be a collection of previously published pieces. But he's said that as he started reworking them, he realized he wanted to write more and different things, so I think the eventual book will be something very different from how it was originally conceived. :dunno:

I think that's how the book started out originally -- that it was going to be a collection of previously published pieces. But he's said that as he started reworking them, he realized he wanted to write more and different things, so I think the eventual book will be something very different from how it was originally conceived. :dunno:

Thanks, Deb

• 2 weeks later...

From what I know, amazon is still saying that it has been realeased on october the 3rd , e-leclerc still says that it has been realeased on the 5th of october but FNAC decided to postpoined the releasing date to may the 1st,2017.

I'm supposed to receive the amazon "version" on the 8th or 11th so we'll see ...

I just really need some Mika things in my life right now so I can't wait anymore *XD

From what I know, amazon is still saying that it has been realeased on october the 3rd , e-leclerc still says that it has been realeased on the 5th of october but FNAC decided to postpoined the releasing date to may the 1st,2017.

I'm supposed to receive the amazon "version" on the 8th or 11th so we'll see ...

I just really need some Mika things in my life right now so I can't wait anymore *XD

That's really confusing... xD