Mika In Mexico Press -2016 / 2017 / 2018

RAK1

Okay, I'm not that good in Spanish but I've tried my best. I'm not sure of all the sentences but here is the first part!

No, but I'm always trying to find role models for myself. And I have found them, many times, in my fans. And I think they inspire me much

and I think I manage to inspire them (??? unsure about the end).

Thanks for the translations, Tinsel ^^

On the end of the bolded part, he says that he thinks his fans inspire him more than he'll ever do with them

• Like 2

DF Magazine Interview (TRANSLATION)

Mika: multicolor music

The Lebanese singer hopes to return soon to Mexico

The first time Mika came in a music video surprised because of all this outbreak of happiness, energy and colors (many colors) that squanders in ''Relax, Take It Easy''. With the first single began to gain popularity around the world and, indeed, it is a song with the virtue of leaving you more relaxed and eager to dance; the single quickly positioned in our country in most nightclubs. That launch was in 2006.

It took 10 years for the high vocal power brithish, which still surprises not only for his music but for his pleasant and unassuming spirit, comes to our contry excited to step on Aztec soil and willing to knock on the doors to soon conduct a concert at a major forum in the city.

His first line before starting was:

''Give me a second, I have to call my mom.'' That detail caused us sympathy and made us think it was the same Mika who won a ''Breakthrough Artist'' award at the Brit Awards 2008; who also was nominated for a Grammy Award for his song "Love Today" and in 2009 released a second EP: Songs for sorrow, a limited edition which is currently sold out, among other awards he has in his list.

Back to conduct the talk, it was inevitable to see their big eyes full of joy and colorful outfit with a Valentino blazer, which was an essential part of this photo shoot.

How do you feel about being here? Many fans do everything to see you...
It's very exciting, I want to thank the fans, and the best way to do this is with a small show. It gives me dread because I don't know how it will be, because it's been 10 years of not coming to Mexico. But offer a show here it is the best way to knock on the door again and get closer to the public. I want to do an acoustic concert to play whatever they want, it will be fun.

What is the essence of ''Hurts'', your new single?
It begins as a love song, but relates to all those words that hurt you because many people say they forget, but it is not true, there are things that never go away, it's difficult to forget what you feel, that's why I value the words, they are very important. This time I'm in front of a blackboard, with insults written on the wall, and in the video is shown up the story of three boys who suffer bullying, but they don't bow to this and it all ends with a big party. It is always good to see a happy ending, this is my way of talking about this.

The first two albums launched had a teenage tone, and this one is a little more mature, how would you describe the album?
The fourth album is the result of a much more positive, more open concept. Of course there was a change, and that after 30 years you think things differently. I promised myself not to isolate and to throw myself to things more openly, with no worries. I formed a small design studio with my sister and I started drawing again, as before in the kitchen of the house of my mother, I wanted new challenges; then this album came, which I feel with a sincere, free, direct essence. I think it's a more mature pop, I have great inspiration from the music of the 60s, which is also in my first album.

One of your songs is calling to atenttion because it repeats several times ''where are all the gay guys gone?'', What did you think of writting it? Obviously it refers to the subject.
It seemed fun to talk about this openly. While recording the album, at some point I looked around and said, "My God, you have basically done most of pop music in the world"; two of them had just been in the gym, and I watched them for a minute and commented: "That's fine, but where are all the gay guys gone?" And they looked at me with a blank face. When I sat down to write, I thought about that conversation and I realized it was not weird or silly as it seemed. It was almost like a message to myself. Where are the people who inspired me when I was 15, all these heroes I had kept so high? Where are they now? How do I capture that? How I can be in the canon of those men who really lived their lives without feeling the consequences? It was an exciting time for me to think, ''Well, I will. I'll go there. I'll try to be like the person who always wanted to be, to have the courage to be when I was younger''. It's the process of confrontating with yourself.

Do you think the music industry has accepted this now?
About 50 years ago the company was a little intolerant, there was no freedom of expression; it even had to be more nuanced in certain cultures and more discreet. Music was always a scope for political and socio-political acceptance in regards to sexuality. There are sectors, such as literature, where one can discover oneself. But in the sense of acceptance I want to be positive and believe that music is a tolerant mean to combat this. Now, from the perspective of the media, it is different. I think it's very good and is getting better, but we still have to move forward, and I am very aware of it. In the media, the ideal is a lack of reaction and not even a mention. Therefore, no matter sexuality or gender of who sings a love song, because it doesn't affect the format of the song. I think the way to get there is good music.

It also highlights your taste for fashion, is noted that you're an accessories man and it's clear fo us that you love Valentino...
Yes, now I like to wear colored wristbands and I love this kind of accessories from thw Muslim culture; now I bring a hand of Fatima, with colored pompoms. With Valentino I worked on my costumes for shows; I love their style and they know my style. It fascinates me that it has so much color and is a combination of something custom made. I left the t-shirts behind and use more blazers, like now.

We also know about your collaboration with Swatch, and there was speculation that you would keep having some involvement...
Of course, in the first collection launched with my image, I did not design watches, I worked beside Swatch; but now we had kept a secret: we will make a line that has a different inspiration; it has a kind of pyramid, I know everyone in Mexico will like it. This watch was recently launched by Swatch under the name of ''Mumu by Mika'', and has a luxurious gold engraved in its box and a striking silicone bracelet with artistics engraved on both sides that are based on a totemic mask art design; It will be a special edition.

What will be for a likely show in Mexico?
I like the big stage idea, I made an incredible one recently in Paris, full of lights, pyrotechnics and colors; I love that it has great energy and production, I always have an analysis of the place to make a wonderful format, so I hope to bring that to Mexico soon.

In his last visit, Mika gave an acoustic concert in Mexico City, where he showed why he is one of the most acclaimed artists of Europe. In he pleased the audience with their favorite songs; It was initially scheduled to last about 50 minutes but it lasted over an hour and a half. Aren't you excited about a possible visit?

• Like 5

DF Magazine Interview (TRANSLATION)

Okay, I'm not that good in Spanish but I've tried my best. I'm not sure of all the sentences but here is the first part!

Hype interview

Thank you all so much for these translations :flowers2:

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for these translations :flowers2:

+1  :thumb_yello: Thanks and hugs from me too!  :hug: It's great - and MIKA's still so nice and humble, with his answers - even thousands are screaming for his attention!  :teehee: I do hope he never changes, and I don't think he will - because the  birthday gift he was given, is a golden personality.... :wub:  

Love, love

me

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.malefashiontrends.com/2017/05/mika-para-gq-francia-por-van-mossevelde-n.html?utm_content=bufferd2885&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Mika para GQ Francia por VAN MOSSEVELDE+N

mika-photoshoot-gq-france-01.jpg

El cantante Mika se enfunda en la esencia de los estampados de la temporada para una sesión fotográfica por VAN MOSSEVELDE+N en páginas de la edición de mayo de GQ Francia, vistiendo looks de Armani , Givenchy, Gucci, Valentino, Dior Homme y demás firmas.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Just found this:

https://www.sopitas.com/784521-te-acuerdas-mika-esto-ha-sido-de-el/

mika.jpg

¿TE ACUERDAS DE MIKA? ESTO ES LO QUE HA SIDO DE ÉL HASTA AHORA

Aunque parezca mentira, la carrera de Mika continúa más vigente que nunca. Tal vez no hayas escuchado nada de él, pero eso no significa que su nombre haya perdido acción. Resulta que el cantante de 34 años, que inició su carrera a los 22 al lanzar el sencillo “Grace Kelly”, ha trabajado arduamente en dos discos –el último de ellos salió en 2015– y también ha sido jurado de X Factor en Italia y The Voice en Francia.

El estilo tan característico de Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr., su verdadero nombre, es su voz, su estilo colorido y sus canciones felices que te invitaban a relajarte, disfrutar de la vida, bailar.Tanto el arte de su primer disco, Life in Cartoon Motion, como el segundo, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, fueron diseñados por él. Ambas producciones hicieron que alcanzara una gran popularidad no solo en Gran Bretaña, país del cual obtuvo la nacionalidad a los nueve años, sino que viajara por todo el mundo y fuera nominado a los Grammy 2008 en la categoría de Mejor Canción por “Love Today”.

Entre sus rolas más populares están “Relax, Take It Easy”, “Happy Ending”, “We Are Golden”, “Blame it on the Girls” y “Rain”, por mencionar algunas. Cabe destacar que Mika también creó videos utópicamente coloridos, que junto con sus canciones lo convirtieron en un artista memorable durante la primera década del 2000, pero después de sus primeros dos discos quedó en el olvido. Al menos aquí en México.

En 2012, Mika sacó su tercer material de estudio titulado The Origin of Love. Si bien esta producción es más elaborada, madura, lo que más atraía de Mika era la felicidad que emitía en cada una de sus canciones. Pero para este disco dejó de lado sus letras pegajosas y comenzó a adentrarse en melodías con más sintetizadores y estructuradas con distorsiones que en ese entonces estaban de moda, logrando así que sus producciones sonaran más a electrónica que a electropop. Las colaboraciones con estrellas del momento se convirtieron en su mejor aliado. Una de ellas fue con Pharrell para la canción “Celebrate” y la otra fue con Ariana Grande para “Popular Song”.

Su estilo también cambió. Atrás quedó el cabello chino medio largo, las playeras con estampados, los pantalones, chamarras y sudaderas de colores, los Converse y Vans. Hoy es un hombre de 34 años que usa pantalones negros, camisa blanca y mocasines. Su cabello es corto y su complexión es semi-musculosa, incluso ha sido modelo para marcas de ropa y autos. Si no lo crees, te dejamos esta imagen:

Mika.jpg

Con No Place in Heaven, Mika trató de regresar a sus orígenes, al menos en la tercera parte del disco, pero no logró cuajar lo que quería. A pesar de eso y gracias a sus apariciones en los reality de Italia y Francia, el cantante de origen libanés continúa siendo muy famoso en Europa. A México ha venido en un par de ocasiones, la última de ellas en 2016 cuando ofreció un show inesperado e íntimo. Su base de seguidores, al menos en nuestro país, es sólida; pero para aquellos que lo vieron crecer junto con Yelle, New Young Pony Club, CSS y muchas más, es ahora un bonito recuerdo de juventud.

Y bueno…

• 7 months later...

https://www.sopitas.com/musica/mika-concierto-plaza-condesa-2019/

¡MIKA REGRESA A MÉXICO PARA DAR UN CONCIERTO EN EL PLAZA CONDESA!

ALEJANDRA TORALES JULIO 9, 2019

Muchos se preguntaron sobre qué había sido de Mika, el cantante británico que en 2007 saltó a la fama con su disco debut, Life in Cartoon Motion, el cual contiene canciones como “Grace Kelly” o “Relax, Take it Easy”. A éste le siguió un segundo disco igualmente exitoso, The Boy Who Knew To Much (2009) y un sinfín de canciones coloridas, pero también profundas como “I See You”. Sin embargo, 2015 fue el año en que el cantante se mantuviera un tanto alejado del micrófono tras lanzar No Place In Heaven. 

Ahora, después de cuatro años, Mika lanzará un nuevo disco titulado My Name is Michael Holbrook, el cual será el quinto en su carrera de más de una década y el motivo por el cual ofrecerá un concierto en El Plaza Condesa el 24 de septiembre. 

La gira con la cual Mika visitará nuestro país lleva por nombre Tiny Love, Tiny Tour, en la cual además de interpretar temas de su nuevo álbum, también tocará algunos éxitos como los antes mencionados o bien, como “We Are Golden”, “Rain” o “Blame It On The Girls”. 

Los boletos estarán a la venta a partir del 12 de julio a las 10 de la mañana tanto en sistema Ticketmaster como en las taquillas del inmueble. Por acá te dejamos los precios:

• Pista: $600
  • Palco y salas: $720
  • Balcón: $860

Fue en 2016 cuando Mika vino por última vez a nuestro país para dar un showcase secreto. En aquella presentación que de hecho, fue gratuita, el cantante británico estuvo acompañado por un bajo, dos pianos y un pandero que usaba de manera ocasional. 

En cuanto a nueva música, hace unos días Mika lanzó el video de su nuevo single, “Ice Cream”, una canción que seguramente escucharemos en septiembre y que te dejamos a continuación:

https://www.polvora.com.mx/2019/07/09/mika-por-primera-vez-estara-en-mexico-en-septiembre/

Mika, por primera vez estará en México en septiembre

mika.jpg?w=950&ssl=1

Mika es un un popstar en todo el sentido de la palabra, tiene una de las mejores voces del nuevo siglo que incluso no solo fue comparado en tonos con Freddie Mercury, también se mencionó como su sucesor en Queen pero May y compañía se decidieron por Paul Rodgers, luego terminaron en algo similar a Mika como Adam Lambert.

La historia de Mika en México se remonta al 2007 con su disco debut, Life In Cartton Motioncon el cual estuvo en las listas de popularidad en todo el mundo al menos con 4 tracks, “Grace Kelly”, “Love Today”, “Lollipop” y “Relax, Take It Easy”. Sin embargo, al menos en México la discográgfica Sony lo borró del mapa y dejaron de apostar por él (como miles de artistas más) y se le perdió la pista.

La carrera de Mika se ha llevado en su mayoría en Reino Unido, (es líbano-británico) en especiales y programas de televisión aparece con su potente voz y carisma de conducción ya que habla al menos cuatro idiomas, incluso en muchos especiales lo vemos cantando canciones de Queen como “I Want To Break Free” o “Bohemian Rhpasody”.

Su carrera ha seguido con los discos The Boy WHo Know Too Much, The Origin Of Love, No Place In Heaven, Dodgy Holiday, Songs For Sorrow y su más reciente placa y motive de una nueva gira y primera visita vez en México, My Name Is Michael Holbrook.

Algo que tiene Mika es su buena vibra, reparte amor a todo el mundo. Su show es alegre, lleno de felicidad y por fin lo podremos disfrutar en la Ciudad de México, siendo El Plaza el lugar indicado el próximo 24 de septiembre, los boletos tienen un costo de $600, $720 y $870 pesos, en taquilla de El Plaza te ahorras el cargo de servicio, pero si eso no te importa puedes comprar con el cargo en sistema Ticketmaster.

mika-tour.jpg?w=1170&ssl=1