Game of Thrones

Marilyn Mastin

I'm opening this thread to see if anyone else is interested in the best TV show ever made. I mean, the incredible, Game of Thrones.

It is coming back for a new season very soon. 24th April in fact, and I'm very excited about it.

If there is interest on this site, it would be great to be able to talk about the show, and the characters and episodes.

I'll tell you all how I got interested in this wonderful series.

My son got Sky Go, and I'd heard of the series and it sounded like something I would like. This was  March of last year, before the show came back for season 5. I watched the box sets on the channel and I was gob-smacked!

From the very beginning of each episode, with the best theme tune ever written and the sweep of the camera over the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros (so you know the locations of the action ad where everything is) we then move on to the episodes.

Each one (I'm not kidding about this) is like you have dipped in to a blockbuster movie. If you just turned it on and didn't know what you were watching, you would think you had tuned in to something like Lord of the Rings, except that LOTR took ages to make, and this is a TV show. There is no other TV show like this one.

The show gets better and better. We now have the most frightening villains, The Whitewalkers! They are really scary, but will be fantastic to watch, as they make their advance. They love the ice and cold..., and winter is coming!

I love all the characters, but the soft spot in my heart is for the wonderful Tyrian. He's a dwarf, played by Peter Dinklage, and he's such a great mixture of a tragic, but sometimes wisecracking and funny hero.

Anyway, since this is the first post, I'll wait to see if anyone responds, then we can talk more and really enjoy the next season together.

There's a show on Thursday evening on Sky Atlantic, about the story so far. Last night they showed the 20 most thrilling moments. The Red Wedding won, but that is for another post.

Hope to see some Throne Fans on here soon.

• Like 1