Mika to be judge at X-factor Italia 2016?

Léna Machu

:(  Now I hope he'll do something else on TV instead. Never mind where and what. Because with or without X Factor I can't do more travelling for gigs. With these talent shows we can see Mika almost every week :naughty: It is good to be concentrated on music, but he may just lock himself up in a studio and we won't hear a word form him for months

Edited by Mousetrap
  • Like 2

:(  Now I hope he'll do something else on TV instead. Never mind where and what. Because with or without X Factor I can't do more travelling for gigs. With these talent shows we can see Mika almost every week :naughty: It is good to be concentrated on music, but he may just lock himself up in a studio and we won't hear a word form him for months

That's why I will miss XF so much. 

Anyway, he toured a lot even doing TV, he wrote a great album, he had symphonic gigs, he shot a lot of great videos - more than ever. I don't believe TV shows interfered with his music. 

Edited by Dreamy_Queen
  • Like 4

Yes, I remember how it was before TBHKTM. We hardly got any news about him for months. Howewer I'm glad he won't do XFactor this year because he seems to be preparing something intresting with African musicians and he also told that in Korea he had worked with a K-Pop artist. Nothing makes me more happy than new music from him.

• Like 2

Anyway, he toured a lot even doing TV, he wrote a great album, he had symphonic gigs, he shot a lot of great videos - more than ever. I don't believe TV shows interfered with his music. 

I will not miss XF, because I've just watched tiny parts of it.  But I agree with everything else you say here! :thumb_yello: MIKA has never been more active, and worked more, with all kinds of stuff, then after he started with TV shows.  I think this has been very valuable experiences for him... :wub: 

Love, love

me 

• Like 3

Mika has never been more distracted by rubbish. Would love to hear the product of him being locked away for months instead of something he wrote in 15 minutes on the flight between Milan and Paris. I think he could also use some real time to live his life so he has something to write about besides how difficult it was to be a teenager.

• Like 3

Aaaaaaaw nooooooo :-(.... I loved him so much in this show...

BUT if he choose not to do it again this year it might mean That he planned something else in Italy ;-)

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaw nooooooo :-(.... I loved him so much in this show...

BUT if he choose not to do it again this year it might mean That he planned something else in Italy ;-)

or anywhere else, for a change. :mf_rosetinted: i mean, ofc it'd be stupid to abandon italy now, he should keep on doing gigs and the occasional promo there. but for something as big as a tv series, i hope he chooses a different country now, so that slowly he can become famous all over the world, instead of just in 2 countries. ;) 

Mika has never been more distracted by rubbish. Would love to hear the product of him being locked away for months instead of something he wrote in 15 minutes on the flight between Milan and Paris. I think he could also use some real time to live his life so he has something to write about besides how difficult it was to be a teenager.

i love his current album and i don't have the feeling it's about his teenage years. more about his (public) coming out, i'd say. he probably lives his life more now than between album 1 & 2, when he locked himself away from everyone and everything (according to his stories, at least :teehee:). in any case, experiences and feelings are not gone because you're always on tour. what would you like him to write about?

as i write songs myself, i can't understand anyway what's wrong with writing a song in 15 minutes. although yes, you'll have to optimize it afterwards, rephrase a few things etc - but when you're inspired to write a song, maybe already have a few lines on your mind, then you can have the main song ready in 15 minutes. maybe it's one afternoon. but why it should take months of locking yourself away, that's something i can't understand. recording and arranging the songs takes time, that's not done within a day. but i wouldn't say a song has less quality if it's written in 15 minutes than if that took a week or a month. on the opposite, you might destroy a good song by messing with it too much after you first wrote it. whether it's good (and a hit) in the end is mainly a question of inspiration, production and luck.

having said that, i'm glad he quit xf. :teehee:

• Like 12

Actually, BG was written in 15 minutes. And something else from the early days, don't remember what exactly. So if he disappears for months it doesn't mean he will stop writing songs in 15 min.

And the last album is the best, as for my humble opinion. I don't remember when I was listening to the first 2 albums for the last time, but I can't stop listening to NPIH since it came.

• Like 5

He didn't tour as much as he could have.

If he hadn't done the tv, he could have been out promoting himself in countries he hasn't played at before, like Mexico. He could have been well established there by now if the tv hadn't distracted him so much.

Edited by RAK1
  • Like 2

well, I'm glad he quit Xfactor now , imho after 3 seasons he wasn't as interesting as at the beginning in that role (for me, he could have quitted after the first year, but since he didn't finish the album until 2015, it was a way to keep Italian audience interest live and have a payoff) and I'm happy if he experiences something new, tours other parts of the world or focuses on new music ;)

I would add that I'm happy he earned a lot of new fans in Italy during these 3 years ,I joined this fandom when TOOL came out and he hadn't a really big Italian fanbase in that period, a lot of them may have discovered him thanks to Xfactor but then they fell in love with his music and started to go to his shows, so, I hope he won't lose a significant part of his Italian audience when he won't be every week on tv or every day in some random tv commercial  :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by maggie112
  • Like 3

I don't think  the Italiens will forget MIKA, even he now will quit XF, and therefore not be a regular guest on their TV  :)   During 3 years,  a lot of people have got to know him, his great personality,  and for those interested, also  his beautiful music :fisch: I suppose he's got a certain place in peoples mind - at least  I hope so... :wink2:  The Italiens really have taken good care of our common MIKA, and I thank you all -  for being so nice to him... :wub:  

Love, love

me 

• Like 1

He didn't tour as much as he could have.

If he hadn't done the tv, he could have been out promoting himself in countries he hasn't played at before, like Mexico. He could have been well established there by now if the tv hadn't distracted him so much.

I agree. Italy have been very lucky getting so much of Mika, while other countries hardly see him. Other artists make an effort to get to as many places as they can. on tour. They only go on shows like XF when their careers have stalled. I am so glad to see that Mika isn't doing XF again. It takes so much of his time, which he could use to tour the countries he's been neglecting.

This, for me, is very good news.

• Like 2

anyway, on some Italian tabloid appeared a rumour about Mika doing a talent show in Spain... of course we don't have to overthink about things when they are just rumours, but maybe we shouldn't be too quick in saying that he's quitting Xfactor just to focus on new music and tour  :naughty:

Edited by maggie112

anyway, on some Italian tabloid appeared a rumour about Mika doing a talent show in Spain... of course we don't have to overthink about things when they are just rumours, but maybe we shouldn't be too quick in saying that he's quitting Xfactor just to focus on new music and tour  :naughty:

I think that is a fake info. I don't think Mika is leaving XF to get into another talent and less in Spain.  :mf_rosetinted:

I think that is a fake info. I don't think Mika is leaving XF to get into another talent and less in Spain.  :mf_rosetinted:

why not? He just said that he will do something different than Italian Xfactor, not that he won't do tv shows anymore.... Spanish music market could be even more interesting than Italian one...

of course I would prefer him doing just music, but who knows what his plans are  :dunno:

Magazines can always spread rumors but I assume he has something planned for the future, whatever it is, and he promised in Mexico to learn Spanish next. How likely it is he will just sit at home making music unless it's a special project like a musical, film music or a special show etc? I would like to hear more radio with BBC but never know with him, really :naughty:  So curious to hear what next. 

• Like 2

I'm kind of happy for these news too :)

I'm very curious what will be next and evethough XF helped me a lot with my italian, I think he will be able to focus more on music... or maybe other countries - which would be great! :D

Magazines can always spread rumors but I assume he has something planned for the future, whatever it is, and he promised in Mexico to learn Spanish next. How likely it is he will just sit at home making music unless it's a special project like a musical, film music or a special show etc? I would like to hear more radio with BBC but never know with him, really :naughty: So curious to hear what next.

About BBC, can't remember where I read this, but it seems he will be doing more, like his show will come back once in a while

• Like 1

About BBC, can't remember where I read this, but it seems he will be doing more, like his show will come back once in a while

Oh yes! I was so sure I've heard or read him saying that but I couldn't remember where exactly, glad that I didn't imagine it!  :naughty: Makes public holidays much more enjoyable... 

• Like 2

Oh yes! I was so sure I've heard or read him saying that but I couldn't remember where exactly, glad that I didn't imagine it! :naughty: Makes public holidays much more enjoyable...

I think it's in one of the mexican interviews...

Most likely on Bank holidays here, if the last two shows are anything to go by  :)

• Like 2

I hope so. I'd sooner him do a radio show where he can promote his own songs, but beggers can't be choosers, as they say. Maybe we could give him some ideas for songs to cover on TAOS

I would also (I admit) be over-the-moon if he did a British talent show on TV. X Factor. The Voice, or something else.

Whatever he has planned, I hope it's exciting.