POLL: Pre-Palladium Show Meet-up 5th June 2016

dcdeb

Pre-Palladium Show Meet-up 5th June 2016  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend an MFC get-together before Mika's gig at the Palladium in London on 5th June?

• Yes, I would stop in for a drink or two.
    • No, I'll just see you all at the show!

I may possibly come to this event too. Sounds like fun! :) If I come, my parents will probably come too, as they're going to the gig with me. This is my only Mika gig of the year, so it would be great to have a chance to meet more of you guys than I'll be able to meet at Palladium.

Edited by Marianne84
  • Like 3

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

:woot_jump:

After reviewing everything, I can announce that our MFC pre-show get-together on 5th June will be held at...

Zebrano!

http://zebranolondon.com/carnaby/

The actual address is 14-16 Ganton Street, London W1F 7BT

Here's a map showing the distance between the Palladium and Zebrano:

https://goo.gl/maps/ybXUmJrvZqm

We will be in their downstairs club space, which normally opens at 5 p.m. -- they'll open it at 4:30 p.m. for us, but if you arrive earlier, you can have a drink or a bite to eat upstairs while you wait.

Because we are arriving during their Happy Hour, we'll be able to take advantage of their 2-for-1 drink specials. They also have beer, wine and soft drinks, and a selection of food. I'm attaching a menu of what's available. You'll see a little orange smilie next to drinks that are available for the specials.

Since we have such a large group, we get £100 credit that we can use toward food or drink. They suggested we might want to order several of their party platters of food with the credit, which I thought was a good idea -- you'll see they have finger foods with veggie options.

We have up until 48 hours beforehand if we decide to cancel, but PLEASE let me know if we're going to cancel in time, because I've had to hold the space with my credit card -- I won't be charged if the evening goes off as planned, but I will be charged a late cancellation fee (£5/person!) if we're no-shows! eek!9.gif

I think that's all I need to tell you for now -- I'll be talking with them as the date gets closer just to go over final details.

If you have any questions, please LMK.

Just 25 days now! :excite:

Yeayyyy! So looking forward to this :fangurl: Thank you Deb for organizing :yes:

Can't wait to see you all. 

I'll be there with my husband. Don't know what time yet, tho...

See you in 2 days! :mf_rosetinted:

Ok everything is set for Sunday at Zebrano. With the £100 credit I've ordered several platters of finger food. A good mix of meatless and meat dishes, probably enough for 30 or so people. So it will be first come first serve for that. After that you'll have to order any additional food on your own. They've reminded me that they are open until midnight and asked if we might come back after the show. I didn't think so but if anyone is interested and there are enough of you I'll let them know and they'll keep a space for MFC.

Looking forward to seeing you all then!

• Like 7

I wonder: What time you guys are leaving the meet-up to go to the theather?

I plan to come an hour or so before the gig, but I would not want to arrive when most of you are leaving (since doors open at 7)

See you!!!!

Just coming back home ,I'd like to thank everybody involved in this meeting organisation

Great idea ,we had a great time

All down to the wonderful dcdeb :bow:

It was so nice to meet everyone and put some faces to the MFC names :thumb_yello:

• Like 3

Have fun guys, would really really like to be there with you all! :group_hug:  :wub:

Really wish you could have been there, Marina! We HAVE to meet some day!

i'm assuming i cant meet since im 17 and didnt RSVP due to learning too late? im happy to meet people before the gig though if possible

Any other underage mfcers wanna join me upstairs? I've got a table upstairs

Did you both get together and have a meal upstairs? I went up to look for any under 18s who might have been there, but didn't find anyone except tiibet's family. Maybe you had already left by then? If we do this in the future I will try to find somewhere that our younger fans can join in. :(

All down to the wonderful dcdeb :bow:

It was so nice to meet everyone and put some faces to the MFC names :thumb_yello:

Well, all it takes is persistence and a telephone. ;) But thanks.

I so enjoyed meeting so many people and seeing old friends, too. I hope everyone else had as good a time! I appreciate you all coming, that's what made it a success.

That and the dreamy manager Marco, who couldn't do enough for us.  :wub:

• Like 1

It's alright, I was pretty happy watching you all go down from my little table :) I didn't see anyone else u18 waiting upstairs, but maybe we just didn't recognise each other.... Thank you Deb, I had a great time meeting you guys outside/at the gig and after!!

• Like 2

If anyone has any photos from  the party that they wouldn't mind my sharing on the MFC Facebook page, please send them my way. Thanks! :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. It was good to see you all in pre-show meet-up. Even though it was impossible to talk to each and every one of you.

Thank you so much Deb-san and Silver-san, and all other people who organised the party.

Sorry I couldn't post earlier. I just got settled down...

• Like 3

Hi everyone. It was good to see you all in pre-show meet-up. Even though it was impossible to talk to each and every one of you.

Thank you so much Deb-san and Silver-san, and all other people who organised the party.

Sorry I couldn't post earlier. I just got settled down...

It was nice to say Hi to you :hug:

• Like 2

If anyone has any photos from the party that they wouldn't mind my sharing on the MFC Facebook page, please send them my way. Thanks! :thumb_yello:

I have a few....

I also have some of you (Deb) and Silver stealing my drink but I know that Silver isn't keen on pictures of her being posted so I had better not!

post-14421-0-58935600-1466689103_thumb.jpg

post-14421-0-78429400-1466689315_thumb.jpg

Edited by kath
  • Like 1