2016 - AccorHotels Arena in Paris - FRANCE 27 May: Reports / Pics / Vids

Kumazzz

Let me try to fill what is missing from the reports for those that were not there.

I did not queue that long since I am not very patient, so I will go directly to Mika's performance.

At the beginning there were lots of guys and few girls in red uniform wandering around. They looked like musicians holding their horn, but they were actually not since when "their" actual music started to play, they faked playing their instruments. They were actually dancers it turned out afterwards.

What made this show a "Wonderland", compared to other gigs? In my opinion: a string quarter that appeared from the ground during Underwater. It was funny because Mika stole the stick from the conductor, and tried to direct the audience. Since the audience was not super-responsive, he said something like "ton truc marche pa" (your thing does not work), to the conductor, referring to his "conductor's stick". Then he took a mobile phone from a fan, and the "usual" Underwater light show started.

I was wondering why he was speaking so much italian, and why he asked to say hi to Italian fans and RAI 1 (one of the main italian TV channels). I did not really like that some french fans in front of me refused to say hi when he asked to do so. I could really see that in their expressions. I really find this competition so stupid.  It turned out afterwards that the show will be broadcasted both in italian and french TV.

Anyway the scenography was quite impressive, although I could not completely experience it since I was standing in the middle of the catwalk. I believe a good seated spot would have been much better for this concert.

The videos that were shown were a quite nice interruption to the usual gig. They expressed Mika's love for Paris. What else? I loved his choice of jackets, and it was funny when he was waiting quite long to switch  Miryam's t-shirt with his. I did not realise it was hers until I met her outside the venue and she asked me if I wanted to smell Mika's sweat :) 

Overall I am glad I enjoyed this special experience, with a very nice korean fan who made me in the mood of experiencing gigs in Korea. 

• Like 4

Hello everyone :bye:

This was one of my best Mika gigs ever.

I feel heart felt sorry for those that queued for hours, particularly those that had a really bad entry experience, and then chose to go right down to the front. Having been at PDP all those years ago i didn't think that going to the front was the best option. I queued with Blue Sky but didn't stay with her when we got in as three or four back is no good for me.... I feel claustrophobic..... I need to be either on the barrier or at the back. So i went around from the end of the runway and just managed to get 'half a spot' on the barrier just around the corner. Turned out to be just where the piano popped up and where Mika Spent the majority of his time. It was an amazing spot and in a venue of that size, with that amount of people and only having queued about three hours I felt amazingly privileged.

I found the show to be fantastic. I thought his voice was in brilliant form and came across fantastically. To go off mic even briefly in a venue of that size was awesome. He played to the crowd really well and had a lot of interaction. I was happy with the set list. I know that us purists would probably like a bit more variety but that's unlikely to happen. I was even lucky enough to get a special moment in Stardust when Mika spotted me and sang to me. :huglove: always a massive bonus and totally unexpected in a venue of that size.

It's a while since I have been to a 'proper' Mika gig, one that wasn't a festival/ theatre or orchestral gig. I didn't get to any on the Heaven tour other than the Adelphi where I was seated in the balcony so it's quite some time since I have had this sort of experience. I didn't know if i was going to be able to make it to the gig this time, and on Thursday with the travel problems and rioting in Paris I was having serious doubts. But I am SO glad that I went.

As ever it was lovely to meet up with MFCers.

I do hope that there is a DVD of this show eventually.

Such a nice read Kath! Very happy it turned out so well. 

• Like 1

I have so much to say about this gig...got there last minute really and I made the big mistake of leaving my chicken at the hotel as I hurried so much to get into my blue white red clothes :aah:

And I also met a fan who will go to Mika's signings of Mumu and who agreed to give my book of poems to Mika then , but I lost her at the hotel :aah:

Sometimes I can be my worst enemy :aah

Everything else was wonderful :swoon:

I got there very late, but I still could get a Mika flag , something to eat and water before I got in as I had a seat thanks to Isa. I hurt my foot so I wouldn't have been able to be on my feet for so long.

Soon the group before Mika started singing, but it didn't last very long then we were told Mika would be there in twenty minutes and the show started about thirty minutes later.

Suddenly a groom popped up on the stage, then another, and another, till there were like fourty of them , playing music or laying on the floor or walking around in a funny way, it was really an invasion, such a fun beginning :biggrin2

Then Mika appeared and sang a French song I had never heard before :shocked:

And after that he sang Big Girl which I love because it makes me feel beautiful. 

Some stage props were the same as in the Heaven tour (the Heaven sign was there ) there was a huge red heart with white wings on the stage , on the side where I was seated. 

Mika was amazing throughout the whole concert because I swear he went everywhere on stage and managed to interact a lot with the audience, no matter what part of the Arena they were in. 

He was bouncing from one part of the stage to the other constantly! And I was so happy to experience eye contact with him again several times :swoon: as he smiled at me when I blew him a kiss :wub2:

The whole concert made me think of French revues, musical hall shows with lots of lights, confettis  and crazy things happening like Mika coming out of a cake and the Arc de triomphe on the stage with so many lights. I also liked a lot the lights on the audience going up and down in circles, that went really well with the songs.

I was so hoping for Les Baisers Perdus live and he sang it and I was crying happy tears all the time because this song is so beautiful , so deep and describes how much love can hurt, but with so much poetry that it heals the pain :tears: It was beautiful to see the dancer at the same time, I think it is such a deep emotional song that it was a way to illustrate its beauty, but I did concentrate on Mika singing rather than watching the dancer. 

I don't know why but I felt it was a bit quiet at the beginning of the concert on part of the audience, partly because of the videos ,  or maybe I felt that way  because I was seated, anyway when Mika began singing Relax, he said he was going to sing it like he had the very first time he made that song and that was amazing! and I decided I didn't care if my feet hurt and I got up and danced and after that I was entirely in the mood and I felt everyone was too , it seems that I enjoy a Mika concert better if I'm standing :teehee:

Everything went wild and Mika changed his t-shirt in full lights , so I got to see shirtless Mika for the first time :mikalove: and Myriam got his t shirt :swoon: Congrats Myriam!!!

Underwater got me crying too when it started as it always does, it was very special with all the musicians , so romantic and gorgeous :wub2: and we loved it when Mika called us his stars :wub2:

I now officially love Lollipop , his Bercy version was my favorite ever :wub2: with everything he explained and all he adds to that song now . Also he dedicated Origin Of Love to Madame Patate and that was really funny, [if you guys have watched Mika in Vivement Dimanche , you already know that she used to live in the same building as Mika and his sibblings and they used to be noisy so she would sometimes beg them not to make noise and that was because the French president was coming to visit her with other important people , but they made noise on purpose :naughty ]

When Mika sang the last song in French, he was standing on the red heart with white wings balcony and he was so sweet , looking like an angel with a glitter hairband on his head and singing "J'ai deux amours, mon pays et Paris" and he was like glowing with love while singing :wub2: It was his love declaration to Paris .

He did say I love you Paris before, but I can't remember during which song that was.

I also loved when he had all the heart flags around him and he spoke about his dress and it did look like a dress and he said we could all dance and not to be shy.

Also he made the audience sing bits of the chorus of several songs which was awesome :biggrin2:

And there was that very powerful and emotional moment when he sang the chorus of Happy Ending a capella , which was truly breathtaking :swoon:

He made a joke about singing "Je chante" as he said it was impossible otherwise his piano would act as in the commercial :lmfao:

I have never seen that much confetti , first from the piano, then at the end it was like confetti coming out of everywhere and glowing in the lights, it was a storm of confetti and I loved it.

After the two encores, Mika left the stage and I was close to where he had gone , then we saw him in a white gown coming back to talk with the guys who were in charge of the lights or sound or both...he was in a little corner, but we waved to him and he waved back :wub2:

Then I went out and I met lots of MFCers and that was wonderful :wub2 Many Italian girls , then part of the subs team , then I found out Mumu was on sale at the arena so I bought mine right away, then I got to see some of my beloved goldings and hug them, and meet more MFCers I only knew online and that was so great!!! After that I met some French fans I already knew and met some others for the first time. There was so many of us , it was simply wonderful :wub2 One of my dreams is to be at an MFC meeting , but it was the first time I could spend a little time with so many of you :group_hug:

I moved a bit as I was hoping to see Mika coming out, and I caught a glimpse of Mika's family on that night for the first time  and also of Melachi and Amira as they were all about to leave.Mika's nephew waved at us in the car  :wub2 

Then Mika came out and at that point I wanted to kill myself for not bringing my chicken to show them to him but I tried to hand him my book and he started moving around to talk to fans , but sadly some people didn't stay behind the bareers so Mika had to leave :sad

I found three other French fans who walked back to the hotel with me as we all slept there and I didn't want to walk back alone.

I'm so happy I got to meet , hug and kiss so many lovely MFcers and the concert is a memory I will treasure for all my life :wub2

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 11

In Bercy I tried to write the setlist, but it was difficoult standing... in the dark... while dancing!! ;) So, if you watch again the longer videos from the show, please, check if there is something wrong and if I forgot songs... :)

• Le Cheval (cover from Jacques Brel)
  • Big Girl
  • Talk About You
  • Good Wife
  • Grace Kelly
  • Rain
  • Boum Boum Boum
  • Les Baisiers Perdus
  • Good Guys
  • Origin of Love
  • Relax
  • SATS (Tant Que J'Ai le Soleil)
  • Underwater
  • Lollipop
  • Stardust
  • Happy Ending
  • Elle Me Dit
  • We Are Golden
  • Last Party
  • ------------------- Encore:
  • J'Ai Deux Amours (cover from Josephine Baker)
  • Love Today

Edited by Honey Pie
  • Like 4

Thanks a lot for posting !!

added to #1  :thumb_yello: 

In Bercy I tried to write the setlist, but it was difficoult standing... in the dark... while dancing!! ;) So, if you watch again the longer videos from the show, please, check if there is something wrong and if I forgot songs... :)

• Like 1

I have so much to say about this gig...got there last minute really and I made the big mistake of leaving my chicken at the hotel as I hurried so much to get into my blue white red clothes :aah:

And I also met a fan who will go to Mika's signings of Mumu and who agreed to give my book of poems to Mika then , but I lost her at the hotel :aah:

Sometimes I can be my worst enemy :aah

Everything else was wonderful :swoon:

I got there very late, but I still could get a Mika flag , something to eat and water before I got in as I had a seat thanks to Isa. I hurt my foot so I wouldn't have been able to be on my feet for so long.

Soon the group before Mika started singing, but it didn't last very long then we were told Mika would be there in twenty minutes and the show started about thirty minutes later.

Suddenly a groom popped up on the stage, then another, and another, till there were like fourty of them , playing music or laying on the floor or walking around in a funny way, it was really an invasion, such a fun beginning :biggrin2

Then Mika appeared and sang a French song I had never heard before :shocked:

And after that he sang Big Girl which I love because it makes me feel beautiful. 

Some stage props were the same as in the Heaven tour (the Heaven sign was there ) there was a huge red heart with white wings on the stage , on the side where I was seated. 

Mika was amazing throughout the whole concert because I swear he went everywhere on stage and managed to interact a lot with the audience, no matter what part of the Arena they were in. 

He was bouncing from one part of the stage to the other constantly! And I was so happy to experience eye contact with him again several times :swoon: as he smiled at me when I blew him a kiss :wub2:

The whole concert made me think of French revues, musical hall shows with lots of lights, confettis  and crazy things happening like Mika coming out of a cake and the Arc de triomphe on the stage with so many lights. I also liked a lot the lights on the audience going up and down in circles, that went really well with the songs.

I was so hoping for Les Baisers Perdus live and he sang it and I was crying happy tears all the time because this song is so beautiful , so deep and describes how much love can hurt, but with so much poetry that it heals the pain :tears: It was beautiful to see the dancer at the same time, I think it is such a deep emotional song that it was a way to illustrate its beauty, but I did concentrate on Mika singing rather than watching the dancer. 

I don't know why but I felt it was a bit quiet at the beginning of the concert on part of the audience, partly because of the videos ,  or maybe I felt that way  because I was seated, anyway when Mika began singing Relax, he said he was going to sing it like he had the very first time he made that song and that was amazing! and I decided I didn't care if my feet hurt and I got up and danced and after that I was entirely in the mood and I felt everyone was too , it seems that I enjoy a Mika concert better if I'm standing :teehee:

Everything went wild and Mika changed his t-shirt in full lights , so I got to see shirtless Mika for the first time :mikalove: and Myriam got his t shirt :swoon: Congrats Myriam!!!

Underwater got me crying too when it started as it always does, it was very special with all the musicians , so romantic and gorgeous :wub2: and we loved it when Mika called us his stars :wub2:

I now officially love Lollipop , his Bercy version was my favorite ever :wub2: with everything he explained and all he adds to that song now . Also he dedicated Origin Of Love to Madame Patate and that was really funny, [if you guys have watched Mika in Vivement Dimanche , you already know that she used to live in the same building as Mika and his sibblings and they used to be noisy so she would sometimes beg them not to make noise and that was because the French president was coming to visit her with other important people , but they made noise on purpose :naughty ]

When Mika sang the last song in French, he was standing on the red heart with white wings balcony and he was so sweet , looking like an angel with a glitter hairband on his head and singing "J'ai deux amours, mon pays et Paris" and he was like glowing with love while singing :wub2: It was his love declaration to Paris .

He did say I love you Paris before, but I can't remember during which song that was.

I also loved when he had all the heart flags around him and he spoke about his dress and it did look like a dress and he said we could all dance and not to be shy.

Also he made the audience sing bits of the chorus of several songs which was awesome :biggrin2:

And there was that very powerful and emotional moment when he sang the chorus of Happy Ending a capella , which was truly breathtaking :swoon:

He made a joke about singing "Je chante" as he said it was impossible otherwise his piano would act as in the commercial :lmfao:

I have never seen that much confetti , first from the piano, then at the end it was like confetti coming out of everywhere and glowing in the lights, it was a storm of confetti and I loved it.

After the two encores, Mika left the stage and I was close to where he had gone , then we saw him in a white gown coming back to talk with the guys who were in charge of the lights or sound or both...he was in a little corner, but we waved to him and he waved back :wub2:

Then I went out and I met lots of MFCers and that was wonderful :wub2 Many Italian girls , then part of the subs team , then I found out Mumu was on sale at the arena so I bought mine right away, then I got to see some of my beloved goldings and hug them, and meet more MFCers I only knew online and that was so great!!! After that I met some French fans I already knew and met some others for the first time. There was so many of us , it was simply wonderful :wub2 One of my dreams is to be at an MFC meeting , but it was the first time I could spend a little time with so many of you :group_hug:

I moved a bit as I was hoping to see Mika coming out, and I caught a glimpse of Mika's family on that night for the first time  and also of Melachi and Amira as they were all about to leave.Mika's nephew waved at us in the car  :wub2 

Then Mika came out and at that point I wanted to kill myself for not bringing my chicken to show them to him but I tried to hand him my book and he started moving around to talk to fans , but sadly some people didn't stay behind the bareers so Mika had to leave :sad

I found three other French fans who walked back to the hotel with me as we all slept there and I didn't want to walk back alone.

I'm so happy I got to meet , hug and kiss so many lovely MFcers and the concert is a memory I will treasure for all my life :wub2

Thanks for this wonderful report !

I would like to post some pictures but I don't know how to download them. Can someone help me ?

Edited by ***Lo***
  • Like 1

Thanks for this wonderful report !

I would like to post some pictures but I don't know how to download them. Can someone help me ?

what I do is upload them to photobucket.com and then I share the links in MFC by copying pasting the link of the album or of the photos if you want them to appear in MFC (be sure to click on the image button and copy the direct link in the open window) I think you can also upload to MFC , but I don't have a clue how :dunno:

and I'm glad you enjoyed reading my report :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

These pics are from Tatiana -- she sent them to the MFC FB page and I meant to get them online sooner, but I was out of town and didn't get the chance. Sorry for the delay!13214717_10208385124778510_1899230939_o.jpg13282553_10208385131858687_951346875_o.jpg13282645_10208385130938664_122096169_o.jpg13282734_10208385129778635_1995631773_o.jpg13282765_10208379401675436_1886504784_o.jpg13282820_10208385131698683_1177314174_o.jpg13282924_10208385131258672_95331648_o.jpg13288540_10208385130418651_1633317909_o.jpg13288553_10208385131138669_977580244_o.jpg13288640_10208385115418276_224920766_o.jpg

• Like 5

These pics are from Tatiana -- she sent them to the MFC FB page and I meant to get them online sooner, but I was out of town and didn't get the chance.

Thanks a lot for posting, Deb. We have three members named Tatiana.

Which member do you mention ?

Le Parisien

29 May, 2016

Le concert de Mika diffusé sur France 2 - Le Parisien

post-18723-0-85812100-1464834417_thumb.png

Jean Marc Morandini

http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/article-354196-france-2-va-diffuser-en-novembre-prochain-le-concert-que-mika-a-donne-a-bercy-vendredi-soir.html

France 2 va diffuser en novembre prochain le concert que Mika a donné à Bercy vendredi soir

Il est rare que les grandes chaînes de télé diffusent des concerts.

Et pourtant selon le Parisien de ce matin, France 2 a enregistré le concert donné par Mika à Paris vendredi soir et devrait le diffuser au mois de novembre dernier.

Plus de 15.000 personnes étaient présentent à Bercy pour cet événement.

IL faut noter que le concert sera également diffusé en Italie, sur la RAI. 

Là bas, Mika est juré non pas dans The Voice, mais dans le show concurrent: X Factor

Edited by Kumazzz