2016 - AccorHotels Arena in Paris - FRANCE 27 May: Reports / Pics / Vids

Kumazzz

The show was impressive,involving a lot of work and financial effort for sure.I was amazed by the acrobatic moment during Les Baisers Perdus,and the whole performance of the song,since this was never one of my favorites.Mika singing in the back while that guy was doing his trick made it awesome!

Many amazing moments,I am glad that the show was recorded and everyone would be able to watch it ☺

• Like 5

This time I promised myself I would write a short report... Well... As you will see I didn't make it... :doh:

After spending a funny day strolling around Paris with Sarah, Laura (Alyara), Berenike (DerMoment), Chrissie, my sister and a friend and after having had dinner at a Lebanese restaurant, at 7:30 we decided we should finally head to Bercy venue for the concert as the beginning was meant to be at 8:00 pm.

We arrived at the venue and split as we had separate seats, spread all over the arena.

Xylaroo started playing, we could clearly hear they were quite nervous of singing in front of such a huge crowd but their beautiful voices and their lovely songs kept us good company for almost half an hour before the break.  :thumb_yello:

After a few minutes waiting during the break, I headed to the loo with my sister and together we took a look at the merchandising. I saw the Mumu and its precious box on the counter and decided that, as I wanted it so bad, it would be wonderful to have it as a reminder of the beautiful concert I was sure I was about to experience. Therefore, we rushed inside to collect the purse and 2 minutes after I was proudly wearing it around my wrist. :teehee:

As we went back to our seats, we started spotting some butler-dressed men popping up on stage, with instruments in their hands strolling back and forward. After a few minutes, the small group of butlers increased to almost 40 (if I’m not wrong) and they started to gather on the sides of the long stage.

Then we heard the overture of Mika’s tour and the lights were turned off… The magic began.

He started with a cover of a French song I had never heard before, surrounded by that funny very old-style orchestra of butlers playing along, then Big Girl followed and the crowd started reacting.

What I found amazing of the show:

- the M white and red flags colouring the scene, they gave a parade atmosphere, really funny

- the Heart-shaped little stage with wings from which he came out a couple times

- the beautiful Napoleon hat he received from a fan. I loved it!

- the video showing him in Paris, his expressions and the way he walked around Paris dressed in one of his most stylish suits were just hilarious.

- the t-shirt exchange with Myriam and the “bastard” joke

- the Sacre Coeur cake from where he came out

- the throne where we was sitting: he looked a little boy on a big chair

- I didn’t’ like the arch very much but I think it was just the way we saw it from above, it looked tiny and out of place (I know it’s really big and colourful…)

On les Baisers Perdus I was totally fascinated by the atmosphere he created. The acrobat flying around on its red ribbon and the instrumental music at the beginning, just had the power to take our souls into another dimension, as they were flying around, suspended on the crowd for a moment. :wub:

The way he sang it was just perfect. His sweet voice sounded enchanting, accompanying the smooth movements of the acrobat and the “wow” of the crowd on a couple acrobatics moves he made, was the perfect summary of it all.

When the string quartet walked on stage, together with the director, I didn’t know what to expect from the song that would follow. I thought it would be another one of his covers showing his affection to Paris and I have to admit, I didn’t recognize it was Underwater since I heard the first few notes played at the piano by Curtis.  

At that point my jaw dropped.  :shocked:  I was so stunned I couldn’t think about anything. I just wanted that moment to last as long as it possibly could and I focussed every single brain and body cell on such piece of magic.  

The ocean of lights multiplied for 15.000 people was just pure ecstasy. I loved the way he asked the baton to the director and tried to conduct the crowd but then gave it back to him saying it didn’t work and went back to his old technique of stealing a phone from a fan and using it as a guide light. It gave the impression of a statement: “I know how to have them react the way I want.” I loved it. The speech he made when asking us to hide or show our lights, calling us “mes jolies petites etoiles” :wub:  almost got me emotional. I heard it other times in smaller venues, I heard it in Italian and in English and even though I’m Italian, I think these words in French sounded much sweeter and melodic than in any other language. (I know I’m weird!)   :fisch:

Happy Ending a cappella surprised me a lot. I heard it already in other concerts, but I didn’t think we could really hear him well in such a big arena among more than 15.000 spectators. His voice is louder than I thought!

Last Party is one of my favourite songs live. It starts out as an almost sad hymn and ends up as a huge party with the strong beat carrying your feelings away with it, in a never-ending dance.

Elle me dit and his chatting were hilarious and funny. Everyone was jumping and dancing. As I understood it was beginning I called my best friend in Italy and let her enjoy her favourite song thousands of miles away from Paris. Mika thought it was the best moment to greet all Italian fans who were home and I could hear her laughing at the loud speaker.

The new intro of Boum boum boum at the piano was even better than the one he’s been playing during the tour. I’m still wondering why he didn’t record it for the album version… :dunno:

Origin was awesome as always. I love when he changes the melody of some lyrics singing live, on this song more than many others.

I didn’t expect he would add Stardust to the setlist and I was grateful he sang it completely in English. I like the Italian version but the original one is waaaay better.

I didn’t know the last song he covered, but I liked it much better than the first one. I heard many people around me singing along and I guessed it must be a well-known hit in France.

Love Today live for me is always a rush of joy, adrenaline and endorphins, mixed with a hint of sadness and nostalgia for the end I know is about to come. Anyway seeing the whole crowd jumping and dancing got me freaking cheerful and as stupid as I could possibly be…    :cheer:

Amazing night. What more can I say??

After Love Today we headed outside where we met with Sarah, Laura and finally got to know Anne (crazyaboutmika), Luisa and other fans. We spent a couple hours waiting outside the venue together, chatting and laughing as if we were high on something… We then went to have a drink with a group of people and we met the Xylaroo girls as well. We had a nice chat with them and after another hour, we went back to the hotel together with Sarah and Laura.

I can’t do without thanking Berenike and Chrissie but in particular Sarah and Laura for the amazing day and a half we spent together. :hug:  I loved every minute, every laugh, every nonsense word, every stupid moment of our days. :bonk:  I really hope this might just be the first of many adventures together :group_hug:  and I promise: next time I will wake up at the fire alarm ;):fisch:  :biggrin2:

Edited by *Vv*
  • Like 7

The spectacular scenic and the superb Mika's voice have made the Bercy's concert unforgettable.

He sang Les baisers perdus that I love! ❤

I was in front of the stage and he wanted my golden hat during Staring at the sun! It was a magic moment for me! ❤

After the gig he stopped with us and I gave him the White Rabbit that I had brought from Italy... ;)

It was a wonderful evening in Paris! ❤

My pics:

post-25071-0-04924700-1465058384_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-02859700-1465058406_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-81985700-1465058444_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-67711900-1465058465_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-01495500-1465058498_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-01516600-1465058585_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-75509200-1465058602_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-49594500-1465058629_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-38918400-1465058644_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-56253200-1465058664_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-17096200-1465058765_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-46219600-1465058793_thumb.png

post-25071-0-28218100-1465058828_thumb.png

post-25071-0-47734000-1465058863_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-44390200-1465058881_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-36220400-1465058903_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-20620100-1465060566_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gabry74
  • Like 6

Quantum Special Effects

Quantum supplies special effects for the entertainment industries, we specialize in: stage & indoor pyrotechnics, close proximity pyrotechnics, fire FX and confetti & streamer FX.

Regardless of whether the requirement is confetti for a one off studio production in the UK or roof top pyrotechnics for a world stadia tour Quantum offers a safe, comprehensive and reliable service.

http://www.q-sfx.co.uk/#!Mika-Paris-27th-May-2016/c1814/57502d730cf25747fdc99ac1

Mika, Paris 27th May 2016

May 31, 2016

27517605365_440518ec55_o.jpg

Mika put on a incredible show in Paris at the end of May. Designed as a 'love letter' to the city the set was a visual spectacular including a model Arc de Triomphe and videos paying tribute to French history. Quantum was tasked with the job of bringing an array of confetti effects to the night. For the epic 12 minute long finale rendition of 'Love Today' we provided a huge rainbow confetti hit. Using six blowers stationed around the venue, our technicians sent multicoloured confetti across the entire audience as Mika, band, and dancers partied on stage. You can watch the celebrations below.

Far from the end of the show, we returned for the encore once again helping Mika with his famous confetti piano for iconic song 'Grace Kelly.' A true crowd pleasing moment, you can witness the performance below.

Mid-show we also released bespoke Mika 'propaganda' via stadium shots as part of the singer's tribute to WWII. It was a real pleasure for Quantum to be a part of such a creative production and we look forward to more confetti filled events in the future.

26908459164_31077a1629_o.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for this link, Eriko. I had already been wondering what these leaflets looked like... they were only dropped down on the upper part of the venue, so i didn't see them up close at the gig.

• Like 1

I admit I was a bit lazy with this report, it took me longer than I thought. Anyway, here it is.

Warning: it's very long and I didnt' say much about the gig, as it has already been widely covered in the previous reports. But, if you wanna have a laugh or two, keep on reading.

I think I was the only person who didn't want to go to Bercy. I mean, of course I wanted to go, but I was scared as f*ck for several reasons. First of all, I hate to travel alone, secondly, I had never been on a plane. No need to mention, going to Bercy meant to travel alone AND take a plane. If I made up my mind and eventually bought my ticket, I have to thank two dearest friends of mine, who offered to help me plan my trip and were at my disposal for even the smallest doubts or difficulties I had. Thanks, girls, you know who you are and how much I love you!!

For almost a week before the concert, I had some sleepless nights and massive mood swings, going from excitement to anxiety, from fear to confidence, it was awful and I really want to tell everybody who supported me and cheered me up that you mean the world to me, each and everyone of you. Anyway, the day came and I was ready to leave, kind of...

The first half of the trip was pretty smooth, no major hitches or anything. I arrived at the airport and waited for my flight. About 20 minutes before the scheduled boarding, I noticed the gate where the flight was supposed to leave from was a little bit too quiet for my taste, so I decided to ask a hostess whether I was in the right place and, surprise, I was not. The gate had been changed without being announced. No big deal, I moved to the right gate and that was it. The flight was very smooth, I loved the take-off! We arrived on time and just when I was thinking I was glad everything was going so well, we were stopped at the entrance because the police wanted to check our ID's. A long queue and 25 minutes later, I was finally able to go look for a friend of mine who was waiting for me in the hall. We met and went to take the train to downtown Paris, which was way late, probably because of the strike, and so, yeah, we had to wait another extra 50 minutes. What the heck. We eventually arrived at the hotel, dropped our luggage and went straight to have dinner in a tiny Lebanese restaurant right next door. The food was really good! We were enjoying our deserved tasty meal and having a nice chat and who could we possibly see outside? Max and Curtis! After dinner, we went to meet some more friends in front of Notre Dame, took some pics, chatted, had fun, then we decided to go to the Tour Eiffel, hoping to be there for the sparkling effect that happens every hour. Needless to say, by the time we figured out what underground train to take, where to get off and stuff, we arrived too late. Just as we were coming out from the underground, there was this pedlar man who looked at us and said "Italian girls!" and then started to repeat my name over and over as we walked away. I was like "How on Earth did he know we're Italians? Why does he even know my name?!". I swear, I freaked out for a few seconds, even though I was well aware that must've been only an odd coincidence. He probably must've heard us talk and just said the first name that came to his mind, but still, I found it kinda scary. Anyway, since we were there already, we decided to wait till midnight, to see those changing lights. It was actually better that way, though, we had all the time to chill there on the grass, take some more pics and be silly. I was having a great time and was sooo happy I decided to go, despite all the insecurities. We went back to the hotel, which we all shared, at 1.30 am. The next morning we had a delicious breakfast at the hotel (orange juice, pain au chocolat, baguette, butter, jam, fruit, milk, coffee), then met with a couple more friends and spent the whole day sightseeing. It was awesome even though very tiring. We started our tour by foot from where we were staying, close to the Bercy arena and arrived, many hours and kilometers after, always by foot to the Champs Elysées. After a quick stop to Place de la Bastille, which was very close, we headed to Notre Dame again, where some of us waited for over an hour to go up on the towers. I think I never climbed soooo many stairs all at once in my whole life. Like, seriously, I even panicked a little bit while going up, because I couldn’t almost feel my legs anymore and was scared I would never make it to the top. I was already picturing my breatheless self stuck there, in the middle of a claustrophobic endless winding staircase, holding up the whole queue. But we are young, we are strong, right? and I somehow managed to make it to the roof and breathe some fresh air again. The descent, luckily, was a piece of cake. We had lunch right there across the street and immediatley resumed our tour. Next destination: Musée du Louvre. We actually didn’t get in, but enjoyed the glass pyramid and the gardens very much. Like the night before, we laid down on the grass and I have to admit I even fell asleep for a while. The plan was to walk to the Arc de Triomphe, then to the Tour Eiffel and take the underground from there to go back to the hotel. Sadly, we lingered too long at Louvre and only made it halfway through Champs Elysées before noticing it was getting very late and we absolutely had to go back, if we wanted to rest a bit and eat something before the gig. So we did. All the five of us had dinner at the Lebanese restaurant next to the hotel, then walked our way to the arena at about 7.30 pm. The queue wasn't too slow, luckily, we got checked by the security and split according to our seats. I was on the balcony on the very far right of the stage. I expected my seat to be quite high, but it literally was in the second to last highest row, I was basically swinging from the ceiling. Oh well. I'll skip my comments about the supporting act, since I completely ignored it (yeah, how rude of me, but I never happen to really like supporting acts), then it was Mika’s turn. My completely honest opinion about this gig (even if I’m aware I’ll be going against the flow) is that I was a little disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high or maybe Mika stressed too much on the uniqueness and diversity of that show, but as a matter of fact, I really expected it to be way more amazing. The first thing I noticed was the backdrop: same piano as in the three previous gigs, same caravan and Heaven sign as last year, the only really new things on the main stage were a big throne and a winged heart, which I couldn’t even see very well from where I was, and an arch of light at the end of the catwalk. It looked to me like there were some random things scattered here and there on the stage, withouth a real theme. I definitely preferred the old backdrop with the gates and the sphere. I loved the huge writing at the very back, though, it was interesting, with all those videos and effects going on. The other thing I liked was the group of dancers dressed as a marching band (at least that’s what they reminded me of). But the set list was a big no-no, in my opinion. Nothing wrong with it, it was the same old set list, but that’s exactly the problem. Mika kept repeating for months how Bercy was going to be a one of a kind show and then what? He didn’t even change the set list. Meh. He didn’t even sing Promiseland, for goodness’ sake! Don’t get me wrong, though, I did have fun. I loved to hear Les Baisers Perdus live, with the lovely performance of that young acrobat guy, I loved Underwater, maybe more than I usually do. It was pure magic, with the string quartet at the beginning and 15,000 people lighting up the whole arena with just their phone lights. I sang and danced and clapped along, but yeah, it didn’t really feel like something particularly different from a regular gig, just in a bigger venue. When it was over, I met with the girls and we went waiting for him outside. I greeted some people I already knew, met some new ones and had fun with them. At 2 am, we eventually gave up and decided to go to a bar nearby to have something to eat or drink, we even ran into the supporting act girls and chatted with them for a while. I have to say I was way too tired to be able to articulate something that actually made sense in whatever language, so I just stood there trying to keep my eyes open and listening to the others speaking. We arrived at the hotel at 3.30 in the morning, I was basically dead, all I wanted to do was sleeping for 3 days in a row, but sleep is so overrated, right? Who needs to sleep, when it’s way more interesting and funny to be woken up by the fire alarm at 4 am? At the beginning, I didn’t even realise what the heck was going on. My thoughts were, right in this order: what the f*ck, is the alarm already ringing? And what is this awful ringtone? Why doesn’t anyone turn it off? I eventually decided to open my eyes, saw my friend looking out the door and asked what was wrong. As soon as she told me we were being evacuated, I grabbed all my bags, my shoes and rushed down the stairs barefoot, in my pajama, with my night ponytail all messed up. What a sexy girl! We had to wait on the street for about half an hour, I was freezing, but I was more worried about our friends who were sleeping in a different room, because I couldn't’t seem to find them anywhere. After a while, we gladly found out it wasn’t actually our hotel that caught fire, just a moped parked near the back door. We were escorted in our room by two fireman who wanted to check if everything was fine and tried to finally get some sleep. I was just about to fall asleep again, when the damn room phone rang: the receptionist wanted to be sure we were okay. For Christ’s sake, we only had 3 hours to rest, why did the world decide to end right that night?! Anyway, the world did not end, after all, and we woke up safe and sound and tired as hell. Of course, during breakfast, the topic was the night evacuation. When I asked the girls why they didn’t come out, they simply replied they had no idea what was going on and kept on sleeping. Okay, well, thank God there wasn’t an actual fire. We said each other goodbye and I headed to the airport. I arrived 3 hours early, threw myself on a chair and waited. I was tired to death, I wanted to sleep, I couldn’t wait to go back home, but guess what? Flight delayed because of bad wheater. That screwed up my connections in Rome, where I was supposed to take the train to the station AND the last train back home from there, over a 50 minutes span after the landing. It meant to be stuck in Rome for another day. I think the whole airport heard me swearing. My luck was that my sister lives in Rome, so I got in touch with her and told her what the situation was and she of course offered to host me overnight. I took the bus on the next afternoon, 5 endless, boring hours with no sockets (which meant using my phone was out of question, I had to save battery), no sleep, no room for my legs… the longest 5 hours of my life, basically, but at least I arrived home. Finally.

All in all, it was a great trip. I would’ve enjoyed a little less hitches, but it was all worth it. A gianormus special thanks to my dear beloved friends, who made this adventure an experience I’ll never forget. I’m already looking forward to have more.

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 3

Thanks for this link, Eriko. I had already been wondering what these leaflets looked like... they were only dropped down on the upper part of the venue, so i didn't see them up close at the gig.

I found a picture of three leaflets from Mika's Facebook Album Live in Europe 2016!

Hope Mika or MFCers share those leaflets scans !! :pray:

facebook.com

13391551_10153787493758040_2929771418893

Edited by Kumazzz

Quantum Special Effects

Quantum supplies special effects for the entertainment industries, we specialize in: stage & indoor pyrotechnics, close proximity pyrotechnics, fire FX and confetti & streamer FX.

Regardless of whether the requirement is confetti for a one off studio production in the UK or roof top pyrotechnics for a world stadia tour Quantum offers a safe, comprehensive and reliable service.

http://www.q-sfx.co.uk/#!Mika-Paris-27th-May-2016/c1814/57502d730cf25747fdc99ac1

Mika, Paris 27th May 2016

May 31, 2016

Mika put on a incredible show in Paris at the end of May. Designed as a 'love letter' to the city the set was a visual spectacular including a model Arc de Triomphe and videos paying tribute to French history. Quantum was tasked with the job of bringing an array of confetti effects to the night. For the epic 12 minute long finale rendition of 'Love Today' we provided a huge rainbow confetti hit. Using six blowers stationed around the venue, our technicians sent multicoloured confetti across the entire audience as Mika, band, and dancers partied on stage. You can watch the celebrations below.

Far from the end of the show, we returned for the encore once again helping Mika with his famous confetti piano for iconic song 'Grace Kelly.' A true crowd pleasing moment, you can witness the performance below.

Mid-show we also released bespoke Mika 'propaganda' via stadium shots as part of the singer's tribute to WWII. It was a real pleasure for Quantum to be a part of such a creative production and we look forward to more confetti filled events in the future.

26908459164_31077a1629_o.jpg

Thanks a million! I was expecting a massive "love propaganda" but only a small part of the audience received the leaflets and I was really curious about them. The next step for me is understanding properly what's written  :teehee:

• Like 3

There's no word to express what I feel, so I'll try to use another way , a collage I've done with some pictures of this show, I Hope You'll undersand ........My collage doesn't appear,  I don't know how to do .......

Edited by Alexandre

Hello, there!

Here's a link to my audio track from the Wonderland gig in Paris.

Sorry, encore part is missing... :doh:

https://soundcloud.com/naomika-259139183/20160527pariswav

Enjoy!

NaoMika☆

Thank you very much :huglove: I recorded the audio too, but my recording is in several parts and I don't know how to put them together :doh: