SWATCH Signing Session in Brussels, Belgium -- 23 June 2016 -- 6-7 PM

mari62

In Switzerland today you had to have your e-mail confirmed, so you knew you were allowed to go, no queuing.

That seemed a much better way of organising it

• Like 1

It was...messy.

I had to work in the morning, so we didn't get there until 13.30 and there was already a long queue. I was number 87, and relieved as on FB they said the first 100 would get in. It was a very hot day and I almost melted in the sun, but the Swatch people were nice and handed out water. The owner of the store kept going down the line but with changing messages. At first it was "I hope everybody gets in" then "the first 100 will definitely get in!" to "He's in a good mood so everybody will be let in but first 100 have priority!" 

Mika arrived 10 minutes late and first VIPs were let in the store. This took some time. Then suddenly I got messages that they were only letting people in with wristbands and that management decided 60 and no more. I was hella pissed because by this time I could barely stand on my feet anymore.

We made it to the front of the queue and they said they were finished and I was even more pissed than before. But then they let a little group of us stand in front of the window to watch. Hurray.

Anyway, then the conflicting messages happened again. "No this is it." "No maybe you can still go in." "No you can stand here when he comes out."

It started raining and a girl started crying and they finally decided to let our group in. Mika was not particularly happy about this decision but when they said he could just walk down the line and sign things, he was fine with it.

At this point I was pissed at maximum levels, but hey, at least we made it in.

He only spoke to one or two people before us and just signed and moved on when it came to the rest so I was not having high hopes. He signed my thing and then looked up and seemed genuinely excited to see me and Niko there. He asked me how I was and I said I've been better and he said yeah the weather is bad and I said, well it's not the weather....

He spoke a little bit longer with us and Niko asked if he would please take a photo with the two of us. He had said no to the people before us, so I did not have my hopes up, but he started hesitating for a moment saying he actually couldn't because of the time but he wanted to and said we could take a quick photo and the nice photographer guy said "OH I will take it!" and then Mika said "Yes take a quick one!" This was sweet as he had just simply said no to the others.

As I had a feeling that s**t would happen, I had written a letter and asked him if he would take it and he said "Of course I will take your letter! Thank you so much and thank you for coming. I will see you guys soon."

And then we left quickly and got to the car when the storm started and it was hell trying to get back. When we arrived in my home town, the road was blocked by flooded roads and a car on fire so it took even longer. All in all, it was not exactly the way I had planned for this to go, but at least we know he still cares about us XD.

• Like 4

It was...messy.

I had to work in the morning, so we didn't get there until 13.30 and there was already a long queue. I was number 87, and relieved as on FB they said the first 100 would get in. It was a very hot day and I almost melted in the sun, but the Swatch people were nice and handed out water. The owner of the store kept going down the line but with changing messages. At first it was "I hope everybody gets in" then "the first 100 will definitely get in!" to "He's in a good mood so everybody will be let in but first 100 have priority!" 

Mika arrived 10 minutes late and first VIPs were let in the store. This took some time. Then suddenly I got messages that they were only letting people in with wristbands and that management decided 60 and no more. I was hella pissed because by this time I could barely stand on my feet anymore.

We made it to the front of the queue and they said they were finished and I was even more pissed than before. But then they let a little group of us stand in front of the window to watch. Hurray.

Anyway, then the conflicting messages happened again. "No this is it." "No maybe you can still go in." "No you can stand here when he comes out."

It started raining and a girl started crying and they finally decided to let our group in. Mika was not particularly happy about this decision but when they said he could just walk down the line and sign things, he was fine with it.

At this point I was pissed at maximum levels, but hey, at least we made it in.

He only spoke to one or two people before us and just signed and moved on when it came to the rest so I was not having high hopes. He signed my thing and then looked up and seemed genuinely excited to see me and Niko there. He asked me how I was and I said I've been better and he said yeah the weather is bad and I said, well it's not the weather....

He spoke a little bit longer with us and Niko asked if he would please take a photo with the two of us. He had said no to the people before us, so I did not have my hopes up, but he started hesitating for a moment saying he actually couldn't because of the time but he wanted to and said we could take a quick photo and the nice photographer guy said "OH I will take it!" and then Mika said "Yes take a quick one!" This was sweet as he had just simply said no to the others.

As I had a feeling that s**t would happen, I had written a letter and asked him if he would take it and he said "Of course I will take your letter! Thank you so much and thank you for coming. I will see you guys soon."

And then we left quickly and got to the car when the storm started and it was hell trying to get back. When we arrived in my home town, the road was blocked by flooded roads and a car on fire so it took even longer. All in all, it was not exactly the way I had planned for this to go, but at least we know he still cares about us XD.

ok,

so seems to me that it was best i wasn't there. couldn't make it on time to be among the 100 people that should've been let in.

and since i'm very unlucky when it comes to trying to see Mika (after gigs en stuff) i'm sure i'd have been very disappointed

so turns out for me it's not too bad i couldn't make it ....

kinda weird to say it... :dunno:

• Like 1

ok,

so seems to me that it was best i wasn't there. couldn't make it on time to be among the 100 people that should've been let in.

and since i'm very unlucky when it comes to trying to see Mika (after gigs en stuff) i'm sure i'd have been very disappointed

so turns out for me it's not too bad i couldn't make it ....

kinda weird to say it... :dunno:

I get that Mika's management made decisions at the last minute that they could not have foreseen. s**t like that happens. But to then just say "Oh, these numbers are not official, sucks for you" that is not good. 

I am happy that I got to see him in the end as many didn't, but I'm not a fan of how it all turned out. Especially since many people had been queuing in the blazing sun all day and they did say first 100, only to have someone who showed up 5 minutes ago just get a wristband. Now for me it wouldn't be a massive problem if I hadn't seen him. Only a disappointment. But I have met him many times before. But there are people who have never met him and couldn't possibly come early in the morning and they missed their chance and might not be able to see him anytime soon. 

I get that Mika's management made decisions at the last minute that they could not have foreseen. s**t like that happens. But to then just say "Oh, these numbers are not official, sucks for you" that is not good. 

I am happy that I got to see him in the end as many didn't, but I'm not a fan of how it all turned out. Especially since many people had been queuing in the blazing sun all day and they did say first 100, only to have someone who showed up 5 minutes ago just get a wristband. Now for me it wouldn't be a massive problem if I hadn't seen him. Only a disappointment. But I have met him many times before. But there are people who have never met him and couldn't possibly come early in the morning and they missed their chance and might not be able to see him anytime soon. 

that's kinda why i'm kinda happy i didn't go, i saw him a few times after a gig, but always way too many people for me to actually get some form of contact. The autographs i've got are thanks to other mfc'ers helping me on some occasions. but i've never had a chance to a picture or something.

so if i were indeed there and not able to get in, it would've been a massive disappointment for me :(

so for me, not being able to be there on time anyway, it was better not to go than to get disappointed  lol

Hello everyone, 

just want to post my 'little' review about yesterday to whom it may concern. 

I was at the Swatch signing session at Brussels and I have to agree it was chaos and a bad organisation but let me nuance this.

First of all, there were people from early in the morning which was very brave of them because it was a very sunny day.

I arrived and bought a Mumu at approximately 13.15.

I asked the Swatchman behind the counter what to do to make sure I was with the first 100 people. 

His reply (and I quote): "You have to queue up, but you can get a number with the people who are out there". 

I followed his instructions and thanks to two lovely young girls who showed me where to go, I got a number. (I was between 70 and 80)

So I told other people who arrived behind me to do the same (Mikafans united!). 

The mood was good, everyone was nice, the sun was hot and the upper Swatchman walked around, seeing all was well, giving info and little Swatchmen were providing water and such.

So far so good. 

BUT: around 17.45 people became tired, I was feeling like a cooked lobster and the Swatchmen weren't so nice anymore.

Mika arrived 10 minutes late and suddenly it seemed that the numbers we were given weren't official and we needed a wristband to get in.

These wristbands were given to random people and when I asked the same Swatchman, to whom I had asked info about earlier, he apologised and ran off!

After waiting some more the Swatchmen told us we couldn't get in anymore (at 18.50!). 

So, to all the people that were pushing, cheating, crying (crocodile tears) and lying their way in thanks a lot!! 

Some of them didn't even bring anything to sign or didn't even knew Mika they only wanted to take a selfie! (what??)

Anyway, upper Swatchman did an effort. 

First it was : "Ok, the people who are now waiting, only 20 of you can pass to watch Mika in front of the window." 

Second part: "Ok, it's Mika that's deciding. Not our fault you can't get in" (so not true! I think Mika was on a tight schedule and I think it was his manager who decided!) 

Thirdly: "Ok, I shall see what I can do" 

Fourthly: "Ok, you can go in but only to watch from front line" 

Fifthly: "Ok you can stand in line for just a minute and get out of here but we don't take pics or selfies anymore" (which I never do anyway out of respect)

Ok, like all bad (or good) fairytales all ends well and I lived happily ever after. 

I did get in, talked with Mika for 30 seconds and got my watch signed. 

And again to all queue jumpers: thanks a lot hope you all get lots of rain on your holidays.

To Swatch: thanks for the water, thanks for the chocolate, thanks for not using the number system, thanks for almost giving me heart attack, thanks for bad organisation  (Favouritism and YOU SHALL NOT PASS lord of the rings s**t towards other people), basically: thanks for nothing.

And to Mika: many thanks for making an effort doing this and do not apologise anymore for something that wasn't your fault!

OMG! When I read your reviews of how everything went (kinda wrong), I'm not sad anymore I didn't come. No way I would've survived this...

I'm happy you all finally got the chance to talk/take a pic/get an autograph with/from Mika!

Hello everyone, 

just want to post my 'little' review about yesterday to whom it may concern. 

I was at the Swatch signing session at Brussels and I have to agree it was chaos and a bad organisation but let me nuance this.

First of all, there were people from early in the morning which was very brave of them because it was a very sunny day.

I arrived and bought a Mumu at approximately 13.15.

I asked the Swatchman behind the counter what to do to make sure I was with the first 100 people. 

His reply (and I quote): "You have to queue up, but you can get a number with the people who are out there". 

I followed his instructions and thanks to two lovely young girls who showed me where to go, I got a number. (I was between 70 and 80)

So I told other people who arrived behind me to do the same (Mikafans united!). 

The mood was good, everyone was nice, the sun was hot and the upper Swatchman walked around, seeing all was well, giving info and little Swatchmen were providing water and such.

So far so good. 

BUT: around 17.45 people became tired, I was feeling like a cooked lobster and the Swatchmen weren't so nice anymore.

Mika arrived 10 minutes late and suddenly it seemed that the numbers we were given weren't official and we needed a wristband to get in.

These wristbands were given to random people and when I asked the same Swatchman, to whom I had asked info about earlier, he apologised and ran off!

After waiting some more the Swatchmen told us we couldn't get in anymore (at 18.50!). 

So, to all the people that were pushing, cheating, crying (crocodile tears) and lying their way in thanks a lot!! 

Some of them didn't even bring anything to sign or didn't even knew Mika they only wanted to take a selfie! (what??)

Anyway, upper Swatchman did an effort. 

First it was : "Ok, the people who are now waiting, only 20 of you can pass to watch Mika in front of the window." 

Second part: "Ok, it's Mika that's deciding. Not our fault you can't get in" (so not true! I think Mika was on a tight schedule and I think it was his manager who decided!) 

Thirdly: "Ok, I shall see what I can do" 

Fourthly: "Ok, you can go in but only to watch from front line" 

Fifthly: "Ok you can stand in line for just a minute and get out of here but we don't take pics or selfies anymore" (which I never do anyway out of respect)

Ok, like all bad (or good) fairytales all ends well and I lived happily ever after. 

I did get in, talked with Mika for 30 seconds and got my watch signed. 

And again to all queue jumpers: thanks a lot hope you all get lots of rain on your holidays.

To Swatch: thanks for the water, thanks for the chocolate, thanks for not using the number system, thanks for almost giving me heart attack, thanks for bad organisation  (Favouritism and YOU SHALL NOT PASS lord of the rings s**t towards other people), basically: thanks for nothing.

And to Mika: many thanks for making an effort doing this and do not apologise anymore for something that wasn't your fault!

I think you must have been in front of me then as I was also in the last group to get in. I did feel the people in our group were bonding over this mess XD

I don't think this was a matter of favouritism. This was a matter of "Well, ####. We said A and can't do A so we will just do B and say it isn't our fault." People who managed to get in were lucky. They should have handed out wristbands during the day. There should have been better communication between the two parties but I am not blaming Mika for this. It is how it is.

that's kinda why i'm kinda happy i didn't go, i saw him a few times after a gig, but always way too many people for me to actually get some form of contact. The autographs i've got are thanks to other mfc'ers helping me on some occasions. but i've never had a chance to a picture or something.

so if i were indeed there and not able to get in, it would've been a massive disappointment for me :(

so for me, not being able to be there on time anyway, it was better not to go than to get disappointed  lol

Well, next time there is a gig in Belgium and I am waiting and he is coming out, stick with me. I will try to let you get a moment with him because I think it's about time you get one.

• Like 2

Well, next time there is a gig in Belgium and I am waiting and he is coming out, stick with me. I will try to let you get a moment with him because I think it's about time you get one.

that would be wonderful :)

there's really only one thing i still really want... and that's just one picture with the maestro :) that would make my day 

well... maybe someday right? *keeps dreaming* :D

• Like 1

that would be wonderful :)

there's really only one thing i still really want... and that's just one picture with the maestro :) that would make my day 

well... maybe someday right? *keeps dreaming* :D

Ha well it took me 5 years before I got my first picture yet some people have been around for a year and already have a million. Guess we're not pushy enough.

I have the magic ability to make him stop at signings most of the time but I don't have the picture ability so you would have to try and ask it yourself. And I am sure it will happen some day!

I only arrived around 5:15 PM because I had to work before. In fact I went there with the thought that probably I would not be one of the 100 lucky ones, but at least I would try. When I saw the queue I was rather sure it wouldn't work out, but I gave it a try. I didn't know that there were VIP's who were let in first, I only thought that there was hardly any movement. As I was quite at the end of the queue I could't really see people entering and coming out, but as we didn't move forward for half an hour, I got more and more sure that I would never get in. At a certain moment everything went quicker and I hoped I would get a chance, but then I saw that his car was back and then I knew he would have to leave. He signed some boxes outside, but when I was as close as I could get he stepped into the car and left.

I don't regret that I've been there. I have seen him from far with his friendly smile ... and I have the Swatch ... maybe I will get a signature later.

I hope that everyone who has queued already in the morning got in ... and I was very happy for that young girl next to me that she has got her autograph.

• Like 1

I think that the problem happened where the real queue ended because there was a huge mess and people were arguing.  :mellow:

Because they said, already in the morning, that they would hand out bracelets.

For the 50-60 first ones it went perfectly fine.

I arrived at 9:45 am or something and I was number 36. I was kinda reassured. 

Most of the people were really lovely and kind. Sadly there were some exceptions 

Actually it was a funny day for me, waiting wasn't long at all and I actually had a lot of fun.  :)

As we were allowed to enter the store I started feeling REALLY nervous. When it was almost my turn I couldn't stop trembling. rougis.gif

When it was my turn I was almost speachless. After so many years I could finally talk to him and get my picture. As he smiled at me and talked to me I felt so happy, that's unbelievable. He took my present and was really lovely. For me it was marvelous, perfect.  :wub:  :wub:

Here's a short video:

Afterwards I saw Mika trying to sign as many autographs as he could before leaving that was really sweet.  :wub:

I got my shoes signed I still can't believe it. :shocked:

ex89.jpg

kf7v.jpg

I gave a signed poster to a boy who didn't get an autograph and he was happy, so I was happy, too.  :)

• Like 10

I think that the problem happened where the real queue ended because there was a huge mess and people were arguing.  :mellow:

Because they said, already in the morning, that they would hand out bracelets.

For the 50-60 first ones it went perfectly fine.

I arrived at 9:45 am or something and I was number 36. I was kinda reassured. 

Most of the people were really lovely and kind. Sadly there were some exceptions 

Actually it was a funny day for me, waiting wasn't long at all and I actually had a lot of fun.  :)

As we were allowed to enter the store I started feeling REALLY nervous. When it was almost my turn I couldn't stop trembling. rougis.gif

When it was my turn I was almost speachless. After so many years I could finally talk to him and get my picture. As he smiled at me and talked to me I felt so happy, that's unbelievable. He took my present and was really lovely. For me it was marvelous, perfect.  :wub:  :wub:

Here's a short video:

Afterwards I saw Mika trying to sign as many autographs as he could before leaving that was really sweet.  :wub:

I got my shoes signed I still can't believe it. :shocked:

ex89.jpg

kf7v.jpg

I gave a signed poster to a boy who didn't get an autograph and he was happy, so I was happy, too.  :)

Your shoes are sooooo great! I am so very happy for you 

• Like 1

:thumb_yello: Congratz Lauramikale - for your successful little meeting with MIKA!! :hug: I'm really very happy for you, getting your beautiful,  decorated shoes signed!  :teehee: Now, they're not only very beautiful,  but also valuable!  :wink2:  Thanks for sharing this happy story,  and beautiful pic and vid.   :wub:

Love, love

me

Here are some pictures of the signing session in Brussels. We were a lot and Swatch Belgium wanted everybody to come in so we didn't have a lot of time with Mika. I had so much to ask or tell him that I was told to stop and take the picture   :stifle:

Anyway it was nice and I asked him what I needed to know but he was surprised and didn't know the answer, he'll undestrand later in August.  :naughty:

16062607280017438014334790.jpg

16062607280817438014334791.jpg

16062607282717438014334794.jpg

16062607284617438014334798.jpg

16062607285617438014334800.jpg

16062607290817438014334802.jpg

16062607291217438014334803.jpg

16062607291717438014334805.jpg

16062607293017438014334808.jpg

16062607293217438014334809.jpg

16062607292717438014334807.jpg

16062607292417438014334806.jpg