2016 - Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June - Reports/Pics/Vids

Kumazzz

Come on the night of the Old Wimmins was in the UK too!

Old Wimmins. :fisch: What a memory. That was Dublin, but I guess the night before that in Belfast was UK. Minor geographical hiccup from an Aussie. The Palladium was indeed my first LONDON show though. 

Thanks everyone for sharing your photos and impressions. I am still in my Mika-blur here. Haven't really had this feeling for a long time!

• Like 3

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone, you all made last Sunday such a spectacular night. One of the best I've ever had. :cheer:   :swoon:

Thank you for sending the flowers to Mika (I'm not sure who did that but THANK YOU!) on behalf of MFC and thanks to Deb for organising the pre-gig meet up and for remembering me :naughty:  :wub2:

Love to all, whether I know you or not, I'm so thankful to be part of this wonderful and joyous place :tears:   :blush-anim-cl:    :huglove:

:angel_not:

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Can somebody transcript what he said in the beginning of OMS? I couldnt hear them completely..

Here you go, yang:

"Um, when I was at music college, 'cause I went to the Royal College of Music and I studied to be a baritone. I was a really bad baritone. And we used to have all these different classes, and we had Italian class, German class, English-speaking class, which would be like My Fair Lady, that was my favorite, 'cause I have more accents than there are nationalities in this theater. And I can't help it, I sit in front of somebody and they could be from anywhere and I will copy the way they speak and they just want to punch me in the face and I just want to punch myself, but who gives a s**t? And I sang the same three songs in my Italian class for 2 1/2 years 'cause they didn't know that I was secretly writing pop songs. Anyway, all the students knew because they all played on my songs. All of them. Basically I didn't have a band so I put together, like, a cello player from here, a French horn player from over there, and I just orchestrated my songs based upon what I had around me to use and that's why my arrangements were often a little bit weird. But happily weird, because it was, like, you know, you start playing Vivaldi or Hindemith or Birck - ugh Birck -- sorry, didn't like Birck -- and I was like, do you want to come and sing a song about, you know, about the world ending or about lollipops and they were like YES! I'll do it for free! Anyway, one of my friends that sang was -- there's loads of friends that sang on my records, but the strangest friend that I had that sang on my record who then went on to be a doctor specializing in the MI6 and his name is Dr. Millar, but he can't save your life for s**t. He, he was a counter-tenor originally and then he went on to be an academic and really clever, potentially clever. Anyway he sang me a song 'cause I was like I wanted to do something that reminds me of being a singer when I was a treble, a treble singer, a boy soprano, 'cause that's how I started. Anyway, so then I was OK, you know what. I'll write the song and then we'll sing it and you'll be my counter-tenor duet. Everyone else was like featuring rappers, I do featuring counter-tenors. So he's now not a singer at all, but I've given him the opportunity to come and join me on stage. His name is Alex Millar. And he's dressed up like all the other tenors should. He's dressed up for the occasion. Hello Alex. Say Ni-hao. That's all the Chinese I can speak. This song's called Over My Shoulder."

• Like 6

Here you go, yang:

"Um, when I was at music college, 'cause I went to the Royal College of Music and I studied to be a baritone. I was a really bad baritone. And we used to have all these different classes, and we had Italian class, German class, English-speaking class, which would be like My Fair Lady, that was my favorite, 'cause I have more accents than there are nationalities in this theater. And I can't help it, I sit in front of somebody and they could be from anywhere and I will copy the way they speak and they just want to punch me in the face and I just want to punch myself, but who gives a s**t? And I sang the same three songs in my Italian class for 2 1/2 years 'cause they didn't know that I was secretly writing pop songs. Anyway, all the students knew because they all played on my songs. All of them. Basically I didn't have a band so I put together, like, a cello player from here, a French horn player from over there, and I just orchestrated my songs based upon what I had around me to use and that's why my arrangements were often a little bit weird. But happily weird, because it was, like, you know, you start playing Vivaldi or Hindenmuth or Birck - ugh Birck -- sorry, didn't like Birck -- and I was like, do you want to come and sing a song about, you know, about the world ending or about lollipops and they were like YES! I'll do it for free! Anyway, one of my friends that sang was -- there's loads of friends that sang on my records, but the strangest friend that I had that sang on my record who then went on to be a doctor specializing in the MI6 and his name is Dr. Millar, but he can't save your life for s**t. He, he was a counter-tenor originally and then he went on to be an academic and really clever, potentially clever. Anyway he sang me a song 'cause I was like I wanted to do something that reminds me of being a singer when I was a treble, a treble singer, a boy soprano, 'cause that's how I started. Anyway, so then I was OK, you know what. I'll write the song and then we'll sing it and you'll be my counter-tenor duet. Everyone else was like featuring rappers, I do featuring counter-tenors. So he's now not a singer at all, but I've given him the opportunity to come and join me on stage. His name is Alex Millar. And he's dressed up like all the other tenors should. He's dressed up for the occasion. Hello Alex. Say Ni-hao. That's all the Chinese I can speak. This song's called Over My Shoulder."

Thank you sooo much! :flowers2:

Here you go, yang:

"Um, when I was at music college, 'cause I went to the Royal College of Music and I studied to be a baritone. I was a really bad baritone. And we used to have all these different classes, and we had Italian class, German class, English-speaking class, which would be like My Fair Lady, that was my favorite, 'cause I have more accents than there are nationalities in this theater. And I can't help it, I sit in front of somebody and they could be from anywhere and I will copy the way they speak and they just want to punch me in the face and I just want to punch myself, but who gives a s**t? And I sang the same three songs in my Italian class for 2 1/2 years 'cause they didn't know that I was secretly writing pop songs. Anyway, all the students knew because they all played on my songs. All of them. Basically I didn't have a band so I put together, like, a cello player from here, a French horn player from over there, and I just orchestrated my songs based upon what I had around me to use and that's why my arrangements were often a little bit weird. But happily weird, because it was, like, you know, you start playing Vivaldi or Hindenmuth or Birck - ugh Birck -- sorry, didn't like Birck -- and I was like, do you want to come and sing a song about, you know, about the world ending or about lollipops and they were like YES! I'll do it for free! Anyway, one of my friends that sang was -- there's loads of friends that sang on my records, but the strangest friend that I had that sang on my record who then went on to be a doctor specializing in the MI6 and his name is Dr. Millar, but he can't save your life for s**t. He, he was a counter-tenor originally and then he went on to be an academic and really clever, potentially clever. Anyway he sang me a song 'cause I was like I wanted to do something that reminds me of being a singer when I was a treble, a treble singer, a boy soprano, 'cause that's how I started. Anyway, so then I was OK, you know what. I'll write the song and then we'll sing it and you'll be my counter-tenor duet. Everyone else was like featuring rappers, I do featuring counter-tenors. So he's now not a singer at all, but I've given him the opportunity to come and join me on stage. His name is Alex Millar. And he's dressed up like all the other tenors should. He's dressed up for the occasion. Hello Alex. Say Ni-hao. That's all the Chinese I can speak. This song's called Over My Shoulder."

thank you Deb. i'll add this to Alex's mikapedia entry if you don't mind

• Like 2

I think the composer Mika referrred to is Hindemith - he's mentioned him before

Is that how you spell it? Sorry, I didn't double-check. I'll correct it. :)

• 2 months later...

I added a small photo gallery from this gig in my blog:

https://mikagigs.com/2016/09/23/photo-galleries-london-palladium-62016/

:)  Thank you so much for sharing Nina!  :hug:  Yours pics are, as always, amazing! :wub: And these are of course special to me, because it's from one of my few MIKA gigs, which  I'm still very happy to have experienced... :fisch: 

Love, love

me   

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

One year ago we were at London Pallaium. What a wonderful gig in a beautiful city. It was so nice to see some of Mika's family in the theatre also meet some MFCers for the first time. It was a great night. How I miss him on the stage.:(

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

One year ago we were at London Pallaium. What a wonderful gig in a beautiful city. It was so nice to see some of Mika's family in the theatre also meet some MFCers for the first time. It was a great night. How I miss him on the stage.:(

I think we all miss him on stage.  Hard to realise a year has gone by already :tears:

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Littlelady said:

yes, but on the otherhand it feels ago like eternity

I feel the same. I got the full concert in my fb memories and reviewing it again I find it even more amazing after one year. Maybe it is because I miss him too much...:tears:

• 3 years later...
On 6/12/2016 at 4:54 AM, missrully said:

Single link for iQiyi Live Streaming in HD (1080p)

As MP4 (7.2 GB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7eXUpoh6oHlc3dsSGRGWWc5a2s/view

It took so much time to upload the video  :whew: 

Hello everyone! I am new to this fan club. I know I'm a little late : ), but can someone reupload this link? Please, I really need it. Thank you very much : )

Edited by TINY_HOLBROOK

12 minutes ago, TINY_HOLBROOK said:

Hello everyone! I am new to this fan club. I know I'm a little late : ), but can someone reupload this link? Please, I really need it. Thank you very much : )

Hello and welcome to the MFC @TINY_HOLBROOK If you like you can introduce yourself here https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/ and tell us more about you and how you discovered Mika. :welcomeani: