2016 - Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June - Reports/Pics/Vids

Kumazzz

I enjoyed London so much :wub:  the gig for sure but also the MFC meet up. It was an amazing time. Thank you for your excellent pics, vidsand reports. I also took some pics maybe you like it even they are not so spectacular than otheres :

LInks:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1028593527222767&l=86c1d4bc0a

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1028593973889389&l=d14956988a

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1028592793889507&l=69baf9bf39

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1028592980556155&l=87b9cff1de

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1028593527222767&l=86c1d4bc0a

13392112_1028593527222767_62294404807879

13412231_1028593973889389_60278223068572

13340223_1028593817222738_79217720528934

13416869_1028592207222899_45469568628877

13411756_1028592610556192_51759690228651

Edited by Kumazzz
adding imge url
  • Like 3

Thank you very much for all the brilliant reports, pics and videos. What a lovely treat to be able to keep reliving this great night by looking through this thread.

I loved it all. The meet up was great - thank you very much Deb and also Silver for your hard work. It was lovely to see so many old friends and new faces. I loved the gig, I too, found the sound levels dreadful but it did get slightly better as the gig wore on. I loved SATS... Looking up at all those happy faces was amazing! Good wife is one of my favourites so it was a pleasure to hear that.

Brilliant gig in my opinion. I personally think that doing these theatre gigs seems to 'bridge the gap' for Mika in terms of the Uk and for me, they work very well.

• Like 5

I searched "oliver" in MFC, the result is

27497910126_f3e620ee05_o.png

I searched on topics. I think, it is somewhere... But...
It will be useful for history)
a book
http://www.chandos.net/pdf/CHAN%209625.pdf

Text is:
An American, Mica Penniman has lived in Paris and
London and is currently at Westminster School. He
has studied singing with Alla Akhmatova and is now a
student of Brian Parsons. His repertoire includes Die
Frau ohne Schatten (Royal Opera), Curlew River
(Covent Garden Festival), Oliver! (Palladium), and
Warchild (National Youth Music Theatre). He has made
recordings for British Airways and BBC Television

And familiar pic at the end of the book.

a screen cap from

"Envoyé spécial le samedi. Les mondes de Mika"

post-18723-0-41255300-1465348693_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 3

Thank you everyone for all the reports and photos!!! i seems like it was an awesomely Mikatastic time :D

I searched "oliver" in MFC, the result is

27497910126_f3e620ee05_o.png

a screen cap from

"Envoyé spécial le samedi. Les mondes de Mika"

attachicon.gif2016.05.07 Envoyé spécial le samedi. Les mondes de Mika.ts_001395978.jpg

He talked about being in Oliver! a little bit in his 2007 Live Lounge Tour interview with Jo Whiley. I transcribed it before but I can't copy & paste the quote right now, so here's the link to Mikapedia post where it is http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/31627-mika-encyclopedia/page-5#entry3997022 (I'll add a transcription of his new Palladium quote soon)

EDIT: here's the quote-

"Then I got loads of different kinds of jobs and I always wanted to do something on the West End and I did. I did Oliver! at the West End for a couple months."..."I was in the same--I was in the show at the same time as Jack [Peñate] but we weren't in--there we two casts because for kids you've got two rules [or two roles?]. You can only work certain hours."..."I was in it for a long time and it was a lot of hard work."

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2

So - here's my report from London.  As soon as we arrived at our hotel on Friday, I found out that the stage door of the Palladium was very close to where we should stay for 3 nights.  Sunday morning a photo of MIKA was put up over the main entrance of the London Palladium, and the stage trucks started to unload at the stage door.  It's amazing how many items they bring, and how many men were working to get everything inside!  A lot of boxes were very colorful, mostly lilac.  I had to smile - it was obvious that MIKA was back in town!  :wub: I was very happy when I saw the throne and the wagon - it seemed to be a full Heaven-set! :thumb_yello: 

My sister and I were outside, strolling around in the beautiful weather, and enjoyed the warm day and nice athmosphere in the Carnaby St. area.  Close to 16.30 I went inside the Zebrano Bar, and was told that 4 ladies were already downstairs.  There I met our lovely Deb, who welcomed me warmly,  it was SO good to see her again!  Now I could also say "Hi" to Blue Sky and Silver, for the first time, which was fantastic!  I got my name for the blouse from Silver, and soon after people started to fill the rooms - a huge bunch of happy MFCers!  Some of them I had met in Montreal, and it was truly great to see everubody again. But most of the people were new faces for me.  It was a really nice and happy party, with a warm and friendly athmosphere.  Soon fingerfood was brought to the table.  I just had a meal with my sister, who prefered to do other things while I was at the party, and couldn't eat anything, but it was great for all those being a bit hungry.

MIKAs music was in the background, but the sound of all the excited and chatty MFCers mostly filled the bar! :teehee: Time flies in good co. and before we knew,  we had to leave and start walking to the Palladium.  On the way I met Alba and two friends outside the stage door, where they had seen MIKA coming for soundcheck.  I was great to say hi to her, and chat a little bit.  I waited for my sister at the Palladium, and saw MIKAs whole fam. arriving.  We went inside and found our seats, to hear the support act, which was OK  :)  

And finally it was time for "the one and only" - our golden MIKA :wub: My heart nearly stopped when he start talking, because of the very bad sound, way too loud, and with a heavy bass, it was almost impossible to hear what he said!!  :shocked: Should this gig be destroyed because of bad sound, I couldn't believe it, and thanks God - soon after it was fixed, and we could enjoy him talking and singing.  MIKA was energic, happy and in top form. His voice didn't show a tiny bit of a recent cold, if it ever was there, it was clear and beautiful  :wub:  I loved the set-list,a great mix of old and new songs,  and I was superhappy to hear Rain, WAS and OMS  :fisch:  We were seated in the middle of the stalls, right side, and I can confirm that it was all like a big party!  :yes: Everybody got quickly on their feet, dancing, singing and clapping - we hardly used the seats at all :naughty: Only when he did the quiet songs, and even then people stood up.  MIKAs fam. seemed very happy on the little balcony at our side, from the youngest little nephew, to the oldest lady, maybe his grandma :wub:   The crowd was fantastic, and gave MIKA all the support and love he could have wished to have at this home arena!  :)  This was my 7th gig, and def. something to remember.  I will never forget it, and are so happy and thankful to have been present in the beautiful arena - with a super powerful and happy MIKA on stage!  :wub: My sister was amazed, both by his energy, but also by the support from the audience.  It was electric!   Even our bags on the floor were shaking!  :teehee:  After the show I went to see the MUMU watch stand.  I could also admire the watch on many arms at the party.  It's really beautiful, and I'm excited to get it myself this week, probably today!   It was nice to talk to some MFCers after the show, and share some of the happiness we felt, for what we had just experienced.  As I expected the stage door area was crowded, and no place for MIKA to stop with fans, in the middle of a street with traffic ;)  But I'm very happy to watch the little vid. he shared from the car, together with his dogs, and of course the thank you vid. shot by Deb!  :wub: He really is golden!  :wub:  

A million thanks to Deb & Silver for arranging the party - and huge thanks to you all for great co. and for all the reports, excellent pics and vids shared here!!! :wub:   TOGETHER WE ARE GOLDEN!!! :wub: 

Love, love

me   

• Like 13

So - here's my report from London.  As soon as we arrived at our hotel on Friday, I found out that the stage door of the Palladium was very close to where we should stay for 3 nights.  Sunday morning a photo of MIKA was put up over the main entrance of the London Palladium, and the stage trucks started to unload at the stage door.  It's amazing how many items they bring, and how many men were working to get everything inside!  A lot of boxes were very colorful, mostly lilac.  I had to smile - it was obvious that MIKA was back in town!  :wub: I was very happy when I saw the throne and the wagon - it seemed to be a full Heaven-set! :thumb_yello: 

My sister and I were outside, strolling around in the beautiful weather, and enjoyed the warm day and nice athmosphere in the Carnaby St. area.  Close to 16.30 I went inside the Zebrano Bar, and was told that 4 ladies were already downstairs.  There I met our lovely Deb, who welcomed me warmly,  it was SO good to see her again!  Now I could also say "Hi" to Blue Sky and Silver, for the first time, which was fantastic!  I got my name for the blouse from Silver, and soon after people started to fill the rooms - a huge bunch of happy MFCers!  Some of them I had met in Montreal, and it was truly great to see everubody again. But most of the people were new faces for me.  It was a really nice and happy party, with a warm and friendly athmosphere.  Soon fingerfood was brought to the table.  I just had a meal with my sister, who prefered to do other things while I was at the party, and couldn't eat anything, but it was great for all those being a bit hungry.

MIKAs music was in the background, but the sound of all the excited and chatty MFCers mostly filled the bar! :teehee: Time flies in good co. and before we knew,  we had to leave and start walking to the Palladium.  On the way I met Alba and two friends outside the stage door, where they had seen MIKA coming for soundcheck.  I was great to say hi to her, and chat a little bit.  I waited for my sister at the Palladium, and saw MIKAs whole fam. arriving.  We went inside and found our seats, to hear the support act, which was OK  :)  

And finally it was time for "the one and only" - our golden MIKA :wub: My heart nearly stopped when he start talking, because of the very bad sound, way too loud, and with a heavy bass, it was almost impossible to hear what he said!!  :shocked: Should this gig be destroyed because of bad sound, I couldn't believe it, and thanks God - soon after it was fixed, and we could enjoy him talking and singing.  MIKA was energic, happy and in top form. His voice didn't show a tiny bit of a recent cold, if it ever was there, it was clear and beautiful  :wub:  I loved the set-list,a great mix of old and new songs,  and I was superhappy to hear Rain, WAS and OMS  :fisch:  We were seated in the middle of the stalls, right side, and I can confirm that it was all like a big party!  :yes: Everybody got quickly on their feet, dancing, singing and clapping - we hardly used the seats at all :naughty: Only when he did the quiet songs, and even then people stood up.  MIKAs fam. seemed very happy on the little balcony at our side, from the youngest little nephew, to the oldest lady, maybe his grandma :wub:   The crowd was fantastic, and gave MIKA all the support and love he could have wished to have at this home arena!  :)  This was my 7th gig, and def. something to remember.  I will never forget it, and are so happy and thankful to have been present in the beautiful arena - with a super powerful and happy MIKA on stage!  :wub: My sister was amazed, both by his energy, but also by the support from the audience.  It was electric!   Even our bags on the floor were shaking!  :teehee:  After the show I went to see the MUMU watch stand.  I could also admire the watch on many arms at the party.  It's really beautiful, and I'm excited to get it myself this week, probably today!   It was nice to talk to some MFCers after the show, and share some of the happiness we felt, for what we had just experienced.  As I expected the stage door area was crowded, and no place for MIKA to stop with fans, in the middle of a street with traffic ;)  But I'm very happy to watch the little vid. he shared from the car, together with his dogs, and of course the thank you vid. shot by Deb!  :wub: He really is golden!  :wub:  

A million thanks to Deb & Silver for arranging the party - and huge thanks to you all for great co. and for all the reports, excellent pics and vids shared here!!! :wub:   TOGETHER WE ARE GOLDEN!!! :wub: 

Love, love

me

Lovely report. It was great to see you again :huglove:
  • Like 1

mamiam, It was nice to meet you too :hug:  and also meet and greet other MFcers, some of them for the first time. They know who they are. :wink2:

It was a great show. UK fans can be really happy for that gift in that wonderful theatre. It was my first Mika gig in London and was fantastic. Loved when Mika said some words in spanish considering the few Spanish fans that were there, lovely detail. I enjoyed Mika and his music as always. I think at the end of the gig I was sweating more than Mika  :sweatdrop:  Well. you have said  everything, I have nothing more to add. 

Now waiting for him in Barcelona next Saturday  :wub:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 7

My very first gig report! :woot_jump:

This was my first Mika gig, so I was very excited when the day arrived.  I couldn't believe that after six months of waiting, the moment was nearly here.  I'd spent a few days in London with my family beforehand.  I had to rush to get ready for the gig as there had been tube delays and I only had about an hour to get some dinner and put on my make-up.

It was worth it in the end though.  My mum and I arrived at the Palladium at about 6:45pm (she'd agreed to come with me as my friend couldn't make it).  Already there was a large queue forming outside the door.  I could feel the atmosphere building as I walked into the beautiful theatre.  Had a look at the merch on offer but there wasn't as much as I expected.  Disappointed there wasn't a tour programme or posters, but I got myself a keyring before heading to the bar upstairs.

When I got to my seat, I was so excited to be amongst other Mika fans.  There was a really great atmosphere and everyone seemed so happy and friendly.  Didn't get a chance to speak to anyone, apart from the lady next to me who gave us MFC hearts to hold up (thank you!).  I hadn't had time to print any before the gig, so I was very grateful. :thumb_yello:

I enjoyed the set by Xylaroo, the support act.  They were quite good, and I hope they become more successful in the future.  But the main highlight for me was when Mika himself appeared on the stage.  He sang Porcelain by the piano, his voice echoing around the venue.  I was completely transfixed.  I just sat and stared in awe, as I couldn't believe he was actually there.  It was a very emotional moment for me. :wub:

Honestly, Mika's energy on stage is unbelievable.  He was so energetic and you could see he was genuinely loving every minute...and so were the crowd!  His performance of Grace Kelly was fantastic, and his vocals were outstanding during Origin of Love.  Mika spoke to the audience about his experience in Oliver when he was a child and it was so funny!  My one criticism is that I couldn't always make out what he was saying; pretty sure there was something wrong with the sound levels.  This is being very picky though, because apart from that the show was flawless.

One of my highlights was when he came up to the balcony and sang with the crowd.  I didn't expect him to do that!  I was literally freaking out because he wasn't far away from me at all.  I hoped he would come closer but eventually he went back onto the stage.  It was still a thrilling moment. :excite:

I was glad to hear Promiseland and We Are Golden, as I'd really wanted to see him perform these (I apologise to the people sitting nearby for my terrible "singing"!).  Mika ended the show with Love Today, which was the most spectacular finale to a show I've ever seen.  I didn't want the show to end.  I wanted to escape into Mika Heaven and never come back to the real world.

Went to the stage door after the show, only to discover that practically the whole audience had showed up!  It was crazy.  People on both sides of the street, people on the road.  It was actually quite claustrophobic.  We waited for ages and I began to feel very tired.  Mika came out eventually but didn't stay long.  He signed about three autographs.  I was literally about five feet away from him but sadly I didn't get a chance to talk to him.  He waved at the crowd, flashing us an adorable smile before climbing into the car.  As soon as he'd arrived, he had gone. :(

I was really sad that I hadn't spoken to him, as I'd wanted to tell him how much his music has helped me get through things.  I was also sad that the gig was over.  As a student, I can't travel far all the time, so this gig was only a one-off. :tears:   This is why I'm hoping for more UK shows at some point.  But I'm still so happy I went to the gig and that it was the best night I've ever had.  Hopefully it will be the first of many Mika gigs to come for me.  Next time I see him, I hope to meet more MFCers and maybe even the man himself! :crossed:

If you want to see my pics and videos, you can find them on my Twitter @fionamcrobertxx :)

• Like 11

My very first gig report! :woot_jump:

This was my first Mika gig, so I was very excited when the day arrived.  I couldn't believe that after six months of waiting, the moment was nearly here.  I'd spent a few days in London with my family beforehand.  I had to rush to get ready for the gig as there had been tube delays and I only had about an hour to get some dinner and put on my make-up.

It was worth it in the end though.  My mum and I arrived at the Palladium at about 6:45pm (she'd agreed to come with me as my friend couldn't make it).  Already there was a large queue forming outside the door.  I could feel the atmosphere building as I walked into the beautiful theatre.  Had a look at the merch on offer but there wasn't as much as I expected.  Disappointed there wasn't a tour programme or posters, but I got myself a keyring before heading to the bar upstairs.

When I got to my seat, I was so excited to be amongst other Mika fans.  There was a really great atmosphere and everyone seemed so happy and friendly.  Didn't get a chance to speak to anyone, apart from the lady next to me who gave us MFC hearts to hold up (thank you!).  I hadn't had time to print any before the gig, so I was very grateful. :thumb_yello:

I enjoyed the set by Xylaroo, the support act.  They were quite good, and I hope they become more successful in the future.  But the main highlight for me was when Mika himself appeared on the stage.  He sang Porcelain by the piano, his voice echoing around the venue.  I was completely transfixed.  I just sat and stared in awe, as I couldn't believe he was actually there.  It was a very emotional moment for me. :wub:

Honestly, Mika's energy on stage is unbelievable.  He was so energetic and you could see he was genuinely loving every minute...and so were the crowd!  His performance of Grace Kelly was fantastic, and his vocals were outstanding during Origin of Love.  Mika spoke to the audience about his experience in Oliver when he was a child and it was so funny!  My one criticism is that I couldn't always make out what he was saying; pretty sure there was something wrong with the sound levels.  This is being very picky though, because apart from that the show was flawless.

One of my highlights was when he came up to the balcony and sang with the crowd.  I didn't expect him to do that!  I was literally freaking out because he wasn't far away from me at all.  I hoped he would come closer but eventually he went back onto the stage.  It was still a thrilling moment. :excite:

I was glad to hear Promiseland and We Are Golden, as I'd really wanted to see him perform these (I apologise to the people sitting nearby for my terrible "singing"!).  Mika ended the show with Love Today, which was the most spectacular finale to a show I've ever seen.  I didn't want the show to end.  I wanted to escape into Mika Heaven and never come back to the real world.

Went to the stage door after the show, only to discover that practically the whole audience had showed up!  It was crazy.  People on both sides of the street, people on the road.  It was actually quite claustrophobic.  We waited for ages and I began to feel very tired.  Mika came out eventually but didn't stay long.  He signed about three autographs.  I was literally about five feet away from him but sadly I didn't get a chance to talk to him.  He waved at the crowd, flashing us an adorable smile before climbing into the car.  As soon as he'd arrived, he had gone. :(

I was really sad that I hadn't spoken to him, as I'd wanted to tell him how much his music has helped me get through things.  I was also sad that the gig was over.  As a student, I can't travel far all the time, so this gig was only a one-off. :tears:   This is why I'm hoping for more UK shows at some point.  But I'm still so happy I went to the gig and that it was the best night I've ever had.  Hopefully it will be the first of many Mika gigs to come for me.  Next time I see him, I hope to meet more MFCers and maybe even the man himself! :crossed:

If you want to see my pics and videos, you can find them on my Twitter @fionamcrobertxx :)

Thank you for your lovely report. I'm sorry that you couldn't make it to the meet up. Maybe next time. It sounds as though you had a great time and it's always lovely to read people's first gig reports.... It's such an amazing experience when you see him for the first time isn't it. That's two recent successful UK theatre gigs now so fingers crossed that he will do more... Who knows - he might even do one in Scotland although I aren't holding my breath. However, he did do a theatre gig as part of the Edinburgh fringe a few years ago so we can live in hope!
  • Like 3

Lovely report. It was great to see you again :huglove:

Thank you so much - and the same to you Kath!  :hug: I really enjoyed meeting you again, and it was so great to meet your cute daughter as well :thumb_yello: It's quite strange to know that we  were standing so close to each other, in front of the stage in Oslo,  already back in Nov-07,  without knowing each other :fisch:  But that's the great thing - true MIKA fans will meet someday,  somewhere, and I do hope there will be a next time... :wub: 

Love, love

me 

Thank you so much - and the same to you Kath!  :hug: I really enjoyed meeting you again, and it was so great to meet your cute daughter as well :thumb_yello: It's quite strange to know that we  were standing so close to each other, in front of the stage in Oslo,  already back in Nov-07,  without knowing each other :fisch:  But that's the great thing - true MIKA fans will meet someday,  somewhere, and I do hope there will be a next time... :wub: 

Love, love

me

I know... That was such a good gig.... I am glad that we experienced it .... ' but not together'. :teehee:

That gig (Oslo) holds special memories for me. Those were the days that Andy would record fans 'to make a video' but I certainly hadn't worked out at that point was that what he actually did was go immediately straight back to Mika and show him the video before the gig. If I had worked that one out I might have been more selective about what I said. Anyway I had first met Andy in Italy a few weeks before and at that point he was still bemused by the whole 'travelling fan' concept. Whilst filming he asked me 'how much have you missed Mika since Italy?' I giggled like a silly school girl and blurted out 'how much do you miss me when I'm not there?' - a line from 'How much do you love me' which was new then. Andy laughed and I thought no more of it. But during the gig Mika leant right down and sang directly to me..... And it actually took me years to link the two events! :doh:

• Like 7

I know... That was such a good gig.... I am glad that we experienced it .... ' but not together'. :teehee:

That gig (Oslo) holds special memories for me. Those were the days that Andy would record fans 'to make a video' but I certainly hadn't worked out at that point was that what he actually did was go immediately straight back to Mika and show him the video before the gig. If I had worked that one out I might have been more selective about what I said. Anyway I had first met Andy in Italy a few weeks before and at that point he was still bemused by the whole 'travelling fan' concept. Whilst filming he asked me 'how much have you missed Mika since Italy?' I giggled like a silly school girl and blurted out 'how much do you miss me when I'm not there?' - a line from 'How much do you love me' which was new then. Andy laughed and I thought no more of it. But during the gig Mika leant right down and sang directly to me..... And it actually took me years to link the two events! :doh:

:shocked:  OMG - this's too funny for words!!  :naughty: Thanks for telling this little curiosity, which I've never heard about before! :teehee:  But  - "I see you" - every day, because the pic from the Norwegian newspaper from this gig, still hangs on my blackboard here - and you're the closest person on the pic, looking at MIKA jumping high, right in front of you, in his white trousers and golden jacket :wub:  - a glory day, which ended with this amazing gig, my first... :wub:   :fisch:   

Love, love

me

Thank you for your lovely report. I'm sorry that you couldn't make it to the meet up. Maybe next time. It sounds as though you had a great time and it's always lovely to read people's first gig reports.... It's such an amazing experience when you see him for the first time isn't it. That's two recent successful UK theatre gigs now so fingers crossed that he will do more... Who knows - he might even do one in Scotland although I aren't holding my breath. However, he did do a theatre gig as part of the Edinburgh fringe a few years ago so we can live in hope!

Glad you liked my report.  Yeah, I really hope I can go to a meet-up sometime, would be great to get to know you all better. :)

It was definitely amazing, especially when I first saw him at the piano.  I was actually close to tears because I was so moved. :tears:

If he did a gig in Scotland, I would definitely go, regardless of where and when.  But I would be happy if he did just a couple more dates around the UK.  Not all his fans are Londoners!

I wonder why he hasn't been to Scotland in a while... :dunno:

• Like 1

:shocked:  OMG - this's too funny for words!!  :naughty: Thanks for telling this little curiosity, which I've never heard about before! :teehee:  But  - "I see you" - every day, because the pic from the Norwegian newspaper from this gig, still hangs on my blackboard here - and you're the closest person on the pic, looking at MIKA jumping high, right in front of you, in his white trousers and golden jacket :wub:  - a glory day, which ended with this amazing gig, my first... :wub:   :fisch:   

Love, love

me

Oh yes! I remember that picture! It was indeed a great day :)

Glad you liked my report.  Yeah, I really hope I can go to a meet-up sometime, would be great to get to know you all better. :)

It was definitely amazing, especially when I first saw him at the piano.  I was actually close to tears because I was so moved. :tears:

If he did a gig in Scotland, I would definitely go, regardless of where and when.  But I would be happy if he did just a couple more dates around the UK.  Not all his fans are Londoners!

I wonder why he hasn't been to Scotland in a while... :dunno:

No, but that's one of the points.... Not all of his fans are Londoners - but in fact, a huge amount of people who were there in London were from other countries.... And London is easier to get to than most other places in the UK. I am afraid that we have had to come to accept that unless something changes London gigs are probably all we are going to get... And for a while we weren't even getting those. :( as you probably know for the 2012 'tour' there were only three dates - London, Manchester and Glasgow.... And he didn't even manage Glasgow, he cancelled it. :(
  • Like 1

Oh, Kath! I love that story! I never heard it before. Priceless!

And I'm loving all the reports -- it doesn't matter how many times the main facts are reported, it's still interesting to hear each individual's perspective on how the show went.

I really need to collect myself and write something up. Soon!

• Like 2

No, but that's one of the points.... Not all of his fans are Londoners - but in fact, a huge amount of people who were there in London were from other countries.... And London is easier to get to than most other places in the UK. I am afraid that we have had to come to accept that unless something changes London gigs are probably all we are going to get... And for a while we weren't even getting those. :( as you probably know for the 2012 'tour' there were only three dates - London, Manchester and Glasgow.... And he didn't even manage Glasgow, he cancelled it. :(

:(  :tears:

At least three dates - or two - were better than just one.  It's good that he goes to London at least, but even one more UK date would be appreciated.

Scotland misses you, Mika! :scot:

• Like 1

Actually I'd have preferred to spend more the gig sitting down and appreciating Mika. The set, the voice, stage presence, performance, expressions, talk - you can only get that live. Few of his songs are lively these days, so for me all the standing up and sitting down andlooking at the back of people's heads was just a distraction.

I agree with Kath about most uk gigs being in London. I'm one of the furthest away, time-wise - not quite far enough to save time by flying - but London is still way easier to get to than say Birmingham or Manchester. Short of moving the country's railway tracks, that's just the way it is. Plus so much other stuff is centred on London you can usually kill a few birds with one stone by going to London.

• Like 3