2016 - Palladium, London, UK -- 05 June - Reports/Pics/Vids

Kumazzz

I express myself with collages  I've done, so I Hope You'll undertand

Thanks a lot for posting your collages, I'd like to see your original photos so much !

I just realised that this show was a big milestone for me: my 20th Mika show!! :woot_jump:

I don't live in Europe so I really haven't had the opportunity (or the $$) to go to hundreds of shows like some people, even though I am one of the original fans from way back at the start. But on this trip to Europe which was mainly for my work, I was able to combine it with Mika shows in Lisbon, Paris and now London, my first ever UK show.

I'm finally back home in Melbourne Australia after my 27 hours of travelling, wishing I was back at the Palladium with all my friends in Row B. Gosh we had such a great time, it was a huge party in Row B just like when I was last with all of them in 2010. We danced and sang so much, my videos are all pretty jumpy, but they are also full of little gems of commentary from Jemma and Sara beside me, listening back to them really makes me laugh. Mika sang directly to us so many times, it was just excellent that he could see us all there together like old times. And I got my own special moment when he received the MFC Year book later, and he mentioned "Australia or Japan" :aussie:  :japan: which covers both my homes - he couldn't know which place I'd travelled from, so I was very happy that both got mentioned together because that comment meant he was referring to me.  :fangurl:

So here are the rest of my uploads:

Big Girl

Good Wife

Talk About You

Grace Kelly

Rain (things got wild in Row B when we started doing Mana's old Rain dance moves. Mika even responded with an imitation at the end!)

Good guys (Mika sitting on the big throne, with the M looking like the Morrison's M...oh the comments! Mika sings "Where have all the good guys gone? and Jemma calls out "TO MORRISONS!" :roll1: )

Origin of Love

Relax (including the story of how he wrote the song. It's 10 years this week since the EP was released!!) :wub:

Staring at the Sun from the balcony

Chatting about the selfies and the "touching in inappropriate places"  :das:

Underwater

https://youtu.be/9JjR3OYQlgg

Promiseland

https://youtu.be/IRpxHSs-3fE

Happy Ending

https://youtu.be/2hP9h4Va3R8

WAG

https://youtu.be/Y90DJZPXcO4

Love Today finale with SO MUCH CONFETTI!! :yay:

https://youtu.be/Ry8PswFVQTo

Just one thing I would like to say to Mika about his set lists (not that he would listen to me, but this is my unasked-for opinion anyway) - please mix them up Mika!! You have so many excellent songs to include, it doesn't need to be the same songs every show, especially not always the ones you have been doing for 10 years! You don't need to always do a "greatest hits" show. I expected that would be the case in Lisbon at a huge festival, where people wouldn't know many of the other songs, but I was disappointed to find in Paris that the setlist almost identical to Lisbon even though it was billed as the "special" show in Paris, with so much hype about it being "Wonderland". Yes there were different bits of props on stage, some different some video and some French cover songs and the acrobat, and I enjoyed those, but the Mika songs were the same old standards, which was a bit of a let down TBH. 

So imagine when it came to the London show, when I saw some of the set from Paris including the Arc de Triomphe and the big chair, and then we got almost the EXACT setlist from both Lisbon and Paris!!! Only exception was NO FRENCH SONGS which was a win for the UK fans after all that happened about that. I guess that would have felt like a significant change on Mika's part, but he really didn't add in any major different songs. The one new song for me was Ordinary Man which was great, and apparently Promiseland wasn't on the set list, although I had heard it in Lisbon. But what about Touches You, or I see you, or Hurts, or Make you happy or one of my all time faves which is Kick Ass?? And you can't say that's an old song which he never plays any more, because seriously, how old is Big Girl? Happy Ending? Lollipop -he can skip that one altogether! I know these are his well-known songs, but do we need them all at every show he ever performs at? Grace Kelly, Relax and Love Today are enough for the big hits IMHO, the others could be much more of a mix across all his albums. Now these comments are from someone who has seen ONLY 20 shows over 10 years. I cannot imagine how people travel to 25 Mika gigs in 10 countries every year, when the set list is almost exactly the same each time. Likewise, I cannot imagine Queen fans going to 40 Queen shows and getting the same stuff every show, but sadly for Queen there is no more music being released, so theirs is pretty much always a greatest hits show. But I really enjoyed their show in Lisbon. 

That is not all to say I didn't enjoy Mika's shows, I really did enjoy them, especially London in Row B with so many friends. But I feel like the shows could be EVEN BETTER with changing the set lists more.  :kaf:

• Like 10

Thanks so much Iona for once again sharing your vids. Particularly Staring at the sun. I absolutely loved the way he did that and it's great to be able to see it again. :huglove:

Yep, I noticed that you got a mention on the year book vid! :thumb_yello:

Photobucket, or a public album on facebook.

Thanks

Went to lots and lots of gigs.... Queued for hours and hours outside the venues then inside then again waiting for Mika afterwards. Spent almost every waking moment on MFC and was just totally obsessed.... And it wasn't just 07... It went on at that pace for at least six years :teehee: but I wasn't alone ;)

Sounds like super fun to me  :yes:

Okay, took note of this one too. Thank you! 

• Like 1

I agree with you about the setlist, Iona. I thought recently that it would be nice to have just one surprise song in every show, one that changes for every show and would be something really extraordinary... not just +/- oms, porcelain, promiseland or other songs he keeps doing every few gigs. I like what he does with lollipop atm, but guess we can be glad that billy brown isn't on the setlist anymore. :aah: well, i guess it's too much rehearsals work for the band and mika (lyric-wise) to include different songs more often. But it'd certainly be nice. :)

• Like 4

Here is my little contribution to the videos of the show.

Sorry, I only have 3 videos with the entire song on it, the other ones are just parts of the songs and snippets, but I also wanted to enjoy the gig without my phone in my hands.
Seeing Mika perform through a phone screen isn't exactly the same. Especially when it's the first time you are so close to the stage :wink2:

Talk about You (entire song)

Over my Shoulder (entire song)

Good Wife (entire song)

Staring at the Sun (a part of his performance upstairs)

Promiseland (the end snippet)

Happy ending "a capella"

Relax (beginning piano part)

Relax (the latest part till the end)

Grace Kelly (after the confettis did come out of the piano, until the end of the song)

Love Today (when he speaks french and then plays with his flag...he's a teaser, lol)

Love Today (with the flag...again...LOL)

Love Today (snippet of the big confetti finale, so awesome)

Edited by Ambroisette
  • Like 2

Here are my pics (finally!)

Don't know why they are so small...maybe because I used the link to post them on a forum. Sorry for that.

I think you can click on them to see them in the good size.

IMG_3185_zpskqxfkatb.jpg

IMG_6602_zps4pe2hb4g.jpg

IMG_6603_zpsb9mkln54.jpg

IMG_3216_zpsgd0lnebs.jpg

IMG_3309_zpshqeehhvc.jpg

IMG_3223_zpsslrkcdzp.jpg

IMG_6226_zpsq50ddop8.jpg

IMG_6792_zpshbxrr7bi.jpg

IMG_6783_zpsu6ub04s4.jpg

IMG_6259_zpsacwahupt.jpg

IMG_6232_zps8mcinxrq.jpg

IMG_6256_zps54uuofph.jpg

IMG_6228_zpsuvn46mub.jpg

IMG_6791_zps7pgnyqrc.jpg

Edited by Ambroisette
  • Like 4

I don't live in Europe so I really haven't had the opportunity (or the $$) to go to hundreds of shows like some people, even though I am one of the original fans from way back at the start. But on this trip to Europe which was mainly for my work, I was able to combine it with Mika shows in Lisbon, Paris and now London, my first ever UK show.

Come on the night of the Old Wimmins was in the UK too!

I agree about the setlist. It is just too same-old for me to go to multiple shows now. It's not even the greatest hits I object to, but he favours these mid-tempo songs with low energy/low emotion that were not even hits. I know it's hyper criticism on my part because plenty of other artists are not wowing me every single moment of their concert either, but I have just seen too many Mika shows to feel satisfied with so much "downtime" during a gig. It must have been nice to hear Rain and WAG and OMS though. And I would really love to see Any Other World again in London one day, with a live string section. 

Went to lots and lots of gigs.... Queued for hours and hours outside the venues then inside then again waiting for Mika afterwards. Spent almost every waking moment on MFC and was just totally obsessed.... And it wasn't just 07... It went on at that pace for at least six years :teehee: but I wasn't alone ;)

:uhno:

You sure weren't.

Does anyone have just 1 link to the whole concert in HD?

I haven't seen any single link in HD yet, sorry.

• Like 3

I echo Blue Sky's comments about the set list - I really don't need to hear Big Girl or Lollipop again :aah:

I've often thought that when I win the Euromillions (:floor:) and arrange a private Mika concert just for the MFC, I would make sure most of his big hits would be off the set list.  I'm sure the poor man would like a night off from singing Grace Kelly.

• Like 8

I just love the confetti shots. :wub:

And the jump! I always seem to just miss it with my photos!

Yesss, I like the confetti pics too. Even changed my Twitter banner, lol.

Dunno how I managed to get the jump, but I've seen better pics of his jumps. Gonna try to do better next time :-)

• Like 2

Dear all,

thank you for your videos and opinions: it was my first mikagig and I found it far beyond any my expectation.

His live beauty is stunning compared to photos and tv, falsetto and intonation simply incredible (while it seemed to me that the group was not as perfect..expecially in Ordinary Man), his freshness and energy pouring to the public in a natural flow brought something marvellous to the show.

Scenes and setting were also surprising me (I had imagined that it would had been a simple acoustic gig ..), such as the wonderful confetti final.

Soundcheck in my opinion was not perfect, and sometimes his beautiful voice was covered...

Anyhow thanks for your beautiful videos from the front rows and expecially for the one towards the balcony, where I can find the evidence that I was really there and was not only a dream!!????????????

• Like 4

Love, love, loving everyone's reviews and awesome photographs and videos!!! Sorry I did not make it in time for the Zebrano's meet up......almost didn't even make it to the show. This American got her British rental car (took four days, but I mastered the roundabouts) and was running late driving in from Liverpool that I missed a gas service center when the car said low fuel and ended up driving 10 miles an hour with the windows open and everyone angrily passing us on the M40 praying :pray:  that we would make it to the next service center before running out of gas. Was enchanted by the beautiful Palladium theatre and Mika telling his history of performing there. Was sad not to hear my favorite, Elle Me Dit, but was so happy to hear him sing in concert....Promiseland and Staring at the Sun (right above my head) and was TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY by his little side shimmy dance during Good Wife. I had to pop my eyeballs back into their sockets :shocked: Gosh I wish he would come back to perform in Chicago (last show was April 2013......too, too long between shows)

Only one of my pictures came out kind of CLEAR from the show

post-19232-0-89142600-1465622461_thumb.jpg

and one after the show

post-19232-0-39044100-1465622522_thumb.jpg

here is a little mix of all the clips i took

Lastly, this is a little off topic but kind of related. After my trip to England I had a stopover in Iceland and did some sightseeing around Reykjavik. We were heading back from the Golden Circle tour and the tour guide stopped talking so I took out my tunes and was listening to NPIH songs and was looking out the bus window to look at the next flock of sheep...mountain.....volcano.....sheep.....mountain....sheep.....grass.....sheep....more sheep.......then we went around a roundabout and what do i see  RESTAURANT MIKA

i was in shock and I was in euphoria. I wanted the bus to turnaround so I could go there and take a selfie in front of it. I know where I am stopping next time I go to Reykholt, Iceland :P

• Like 8

Just finished watching the live stream.  I see myself occasionally and I look nothing like myself.  Blaming it on the poor video quality! :sneaky2:

Also, I just want to thank everyone for the lovely reports, pics and videos.  Thanks for letting me relive the amazing day over and over again.  I will never forget what a great time I had thanks to you guys! :flowers2:

• Like 2