2016 - Stasera #CasaMika "One Man Show" on Italian TV - 15-22-29 Nov./6 Dec. 2016 Rai 2

Lucrezia

Help! I cannot take off the publicity in the middle of the screen: there isn't any "close" button to click on. I can only hear but not watch it.  Somebod could help me?

On that particular site wait a bit and click on the square on the bottom at the right, it makes it full size without ads

The link on on the top right part only leads to commercials 

(If you want to use it next time)

Think by now it should be clear that Mika does it like no one else and doesn't want to restrict to a format. My 2 cents anyway ;)

Exactly :thumb_yello:

He's like Michel Angelo who was at the same time a painter, a sculptor, an architect and a poet, an artist who is able to create without  limitations :thumb_yello: and that makes me so proud of him :wub2:

Agree with the quotes! Mika is not just a musician anymore, he's much much more then just a singer and songwriter :fisch: And I love it, because he entertains his fans in sooo many different ways :thumb_yello:

I haven't seen the second show yet, but after the first one I can say that if you don't want to watch it you miss A LOT!

And I don't even speak Italian :aah:  Just several hundreds of words in my Italian vocabulary. Yes, I've learned a bit of it for the show, but it helps just a little :mf_rosetinted::doh:

Edited by Mousetrap
  • Like 7

Agree with the quotes! Mika is not just a musician anymore, he's much much more then just a singer and songwriter :fisch: And I love it, because he entertains his fans in sooo many different ways :thumb_yello:

I haven't seen the second show yet, but after the first one I can say that if you don't want to watch it you miss A LOT!

And I don't even speak Italian :aah:  Just several hundreds of words in my Italian vocabulary. Yes, I've learned a bit of it for the show, but it helps just a little :mf_rosetinted::doh:

I totally agree. I would even say that Mika has never been just a musician. Of course music has always been the most important thing for him, but even at his early concerts he was never just sitting behind his piano and singing: he took a lot of time and effort to prepare a show that would let the audience enter his world. I think he's still basically doing the same thing with his show: he's letting us into his world using his music and imagination (with the help of some guests). :)

I also think that we don't have to worry that he'll "abandon" music for TV: in the first episode, before he sang Grace Kelly, he talked about how it all started with music and how he's a musician first. I'm sure there was a reason he gave that speech, and followed it by the song that is about the importance of remaining true to yourself.

I loved the second episode even more than the first one! It went by incredibly fast. :wub:

Edited by Lunari
  • Like 7

I'll be the usual contrarian and say I found the second episode rather boring. The only highlights for me were the bit in the taxi, when they showed him struggling with the manual transmission (it was hilarious, but at the same time I felt sorry for him) and his genuine reaction when he realised Zingaretti was reading the translated lyrics to Good Wife. Him singing his own songs is always nice, but nothing really new, even the skit with Paula was nice, but not as funny as last time, maybe because it was quite similar to what they already did. The part with Morgan was also rather enjoyable. As for all the other guests... meh... I simply didn't enjoy them that much. Him and Monica Bellucci flirting were soooo fake he might have as well flirted with his fridge.

Edited by Alyara

I loved this episode,for me this was the best version of The Origin Of Love,with the choir and those marimbas   :wub:  Also the moment with Good Wife was lovely,and Rulli Frulli Band  :wub:  Again many funny moments,especially the musical representation of the "making love for the first time" :teehee: or the taxi job in Napoli,and also the very tender ones like the tribute to Dario Fo,and Over My Shoulder  :wub:

Yes,I know,I use too many  :wub: for this show  :rolleyes:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 5

:) Again I feel so happy to have watched a new MIKAs show  :wub:  The best part for me was  when he visited and ivited the young musicians, to come and take part in his show.  I simply love how he uses his "fame & fortune" to give people such a special and great experience, and see all those happy faces :)  And of course it's great how he performs his own songs, and use the opportunity to tell the story behind the songs.  Even I don't understand the language,  I feel it's very special.  This time the story about Carolina surely was a good intro to "Love today".  Now I hope he'll tell the story about Karen at Bistro 82, and perform this fab. song "Karen", which we hear too seldom imo. To me MIKA seems to be a splendid TV-show host  :wub:  The part about Dario Fo was lovely.  It really looks like they "found each other" in a great way :wub: I feel it's a blessing to see something else than an ordinary TV-show.  Thanks MIKA for all your creativity, it's refreshing! :thumb_yello: I look forward to the next episode... :fisch:  :)   

Love, love

me

Edited by mamiam
  • Like 5

I absolutely love this show! The suits, the speeches, the music, the faces! The whole is so beautiful in every way. I really liked The Origin of Love last night and felt happy for Mika when he realised that Zingaretti was reading his song. And I'm learning a lot about Italy and the Italian people. Love the taxi stories. It's such a pleasure to spend the evening watching the replay. Grande Mika!

• Like 4

Perhaps it's obvious or there was already a discussion about this. Yet I couldn't find anything, so I need to ask:
Inspite of the fact that I understand almost no word, I watch the second episode now and wondered who George is. On his numberplate are the words "Hi George" and now I'm very curious about that  :loco:

Does anyone know who's meant with that?

George StaseraCasaMika

Edited by AmeliaJPond97

I'll be the usual contrarian and say I found the second episode rather boring. The only highlights for me were the bit in the taxi, when they showed him struggling with the manual transmission (it was hilarious, but at the same time I felt sorry for him) and his genuine reaction when he realised Zingaretti was reading the translated lyrics to Good Wife. Him singing his own songs is always nice, but nothing really new, even the skit with Paula was nice, but not as funny as last time, maybe because it was quite similar to what they already did. The part with Morgan was also rather enjoyable. As for all the other guests... meh... I simply didn't enjoy them that much. Him and Monica Bellucci flirting were soooo fake he might have as well flirted with his fridge.

Well Laura, remember he once said he would even be able to flirt with a cup of coffee , so why not with a fridge :lmfao:

• Like 2

The 1978 speech of Patti Smith:

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/28961/1/watch-patti-smith-give-a-motivational-speech-on-japanese-tv

Watch Patti Smith give a motivational speech on Japanese TV

In this 1978 clip, the music icon tells each generation to embrace the present and do everything that won’t kill you

Feeling sluggish? Or worse, a little bit useless? Maybe you’ve had a lacklustre, disappointing year and you can’t be bothered for the next. Or maybe you’ve found yourself in the grips of an existential crisis, buried under the realisation that you’re a mere blip in an infinite universe, and ultimately everything you do or say is futile. If that’s the case, fear not: Patti Smith is here to put some fire up your ass.

In this 1978 clip from an interview in Japan, the music icon tells listeners to live life to the fullest. “I believe this planet hasn’t even seen its Golden Age,” she says. “I’m here right now and I want right now to be the greatest time. This is my Golden Age. This is our Golden Age. I’m not there in the past, I’m not there in the future – I’m right here. This is the time to make it great.”

“If each generation would realise the time to be great is right now when they’re alive…the time to flower is now…. anything is possible.”

The interview comes three years after her seminal album Horses, the same year as her commercial breakthrough Easter, and a full three decades before she would win the National Book Award for her beautiful autobiography Just Kids. So, y’know, she’s worth listening to.

Watch the video below:

• Like 4

Update: the Subtitling Team is almost done with the first episode of the show and is already working on the second one! Brace yourselves!

And now Subtitling Team is done :D :D :D You'll find the subtitled video here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32471-the-mfc-subtitling-teams-subtitled-videos/page-3#entry4079564

• Like 6

Inspite of the fact that I understand almost no word, I watch the second episode now and wondered who George is. On his numberplate are the words "Hi George" and now I'm very curious about that  :loco:

Does anyone know who's meant with that?

I have no idea who is George,and I watched both episodes... maybe someone else knows  :dunno:

Huge thanks to the Subtitling Team,I know that many fans who don't understand Italian will be happy now!  :thumb_yello:   :clap:  :flowers2:

• Like 4

:) And as we all know, MIKA works, and produces new music at his best, when he's inspired, and have challenges doing something he likes! :wink2: I think this "one man show" will be very exciting, and something GOOD, for our creative MIKA... :wub::fisch:

Love, love

me

I agree. Mika made No Place in Heaven after he challenged himself to be in TV shows and learn a new language and it is probably his best so I trust his next album will be a wonder for sure and I don't mind waiting :wub2: His shows are a way to open the door to his universe to many new fans :wink2: and he is extra happy to do them :wub2: ( and so am I when I watch them :wub2::naughty: )I think Mika gets extra energy and inspiration while he works the most and his show being a great success will give him plenty of freedom to create amazing songs and when his new tour comes he might also do special shows like more acoustic or symphonic shows or big concerts :wub2: I'm really looking forward to all the new surprises he will come up with :excite::wub2: Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 6

The 2 episode wasn't that brilliant as the first one (I suppose it because many things didn't seem new like in the 1, they were quite similar) but anyway I enjoyed it a lot!!! 

I'm glad Mika doesn't restrict himself only to the gigs.  And, as we can clearly see, the frequency of the new albums doesn't depend on his activities on TV. 

I'm happy to discover his new sides, his possibilities, his new talents I had no idea about. He is different, with his flaws, but I smile with the thought that we still have more episodes. 

• Like 5

And now Subtitling Team is done :D :D :D You'll find the subtitled video here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/32471-the-mfc-subtitling-teams-subtitled-videos/page-3#entry4079564

Update: the Subtitling Team is almost done with the first episode of the show and is already working on the second one! Brace yourselves!

I literally just made an account to ask for this. thank you so much for your time!

I havent listened to Mika in years tbh and went back to revisit his first album last night and check on what he has been up to since

Got his other albums and listened to them and saw the news about the show

I loved it, I love variety shows and one man shows like this, and with Mika? yes please!

Im glad he has been up to no good in all this time! ;p

• Like 7

The 1978 speech of Patti Smith:

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/28961/1/watch-patti-smith-give-a-motivational-speech-on-japanese-tv

Watch Patti Smith give a motivational speech on Japanese TV

In this 1978 clip, the music icon tells each generation to embrace the present and do everything that won’t kill you

Feeling sluggish? Or worse, a little bit useless? Maybe you’ve had a lacklustre, disappointing year and you can’t be bothered for the next. Or maybe you’ve found yourself in the grips of an existential crisis, buried under the realisation that you’re a mere blip in an infinite universe, and ultimately everything you do or say is futile. If that’s the case, fear not: Patti Smith is here to put some fire up your ass.

In this 1978 clip from an interview in Japan, the music icon tells listeners to live life to the fullest. “I believe this planet hasn’t even seen its Golden Age,” she says. “I’m here right now and I want right now to be the greatest time. This is my Golden Age. This is our Golden Age. I’m not there in the past, I’m not there in the future – I’m right here. This is the time to make it great.”

“If each generation would realise the time to be great is right now when they’re alive…the time to flower is now…. anything is possible.”

The interview comes three years after her seminal album Horses, the same year as her commercial breakthrough Easter, and a full three decades before she would win the National Book Award for her beautiful autobiography Just Kids. So, y’know, she’s worth listening to.

Watch the video below:

:thumb_yello: Grazie mille Charie20!  :hug: Great speech by rock icon Patti Smith - a wise lady!  :wub:

Love, love

me

I'm happy to discover his new sides, his possibilities, his new talents I had no idea about. He is different, with his flaws, but I smile with the thought that we still have more episodes. 

I was thinking about that yesterday. He's always been lovely and I've been a fan for a long time, but I love how spontaneous he's today and how you can see clearly that he's enjoying life (even though he's quite busy). Maybe that's why I love NPIH so much, it sounds natural and very true.

When his new tour comes he might also do special shows like more acoustic or symphonic shows or big concerts :wub2: I'm really looking forward to all the new surprises he will come up with :excite::wub2:

I agree. I'm discovering the OSM tracks these days and I have a hunch the shows in Firenze (Florence) will be a 'figata' :P

(figata = awesome thing)

I have no idea who is George,and I watched both episodes... maybe someone else knows  :dunno:

Huge thanks to the Subtitling Team,I know that many fans who don't understand Italian will be happy now!  :thumb_yello:   :clap:  :flowers2:

I thank them too, though I'm watching the puntate at RaiDue's webpage. Perhaps I'm too optimistic about my ability to learn some Italian and I'm missing some things of the show (I had to watch the Monica Belluci segment twice), but if I don't learn with this I don't know what could motivate me more :D

It's great to know that if it's too much a try, someone already made the captions for all of us. :flowers2:

(No idea about George or the content of that mysterious sheet of paper he didn't read out loud at Radio Italia an hour ago)

Edited by Romis
  • Like 1

I was thinking about that yesterday. He's always been lovely and I've been a fan for a long time, but I love how spontaneous he's today and how you can see clearly that he's enjoying life (even though he's quite busy). Maybe that's why I love NPIH so much, it sounds natural and very true.

NPIH is my fave album. I wasn't listening to it for several months, so when I recently came back to it, I was stunned again how amazing it is! 

• Like 3