2016 - Anfiteatro Camerini in Piazzola Sul Brenta (PD) ITALY-- 12 July: Reports/Pics/Vids

Kumazzz

Hello :bye:

The mistery of the pan is not solved...

Why a person in his right mind should bring a frying pan to a concert? :lmfao:

And he/she was in the middle of the crowd! Not in first row where usually people give to popstars any kind of object!

At the next concert we will see lampshades, sewing machines, screwdrivers or colanders?  :fisch:

The more I think about it, the more I am persuaded that the whole thing was made up :teehee:

Anyway the whole story strongly echoed De Andre's "Bocca di rosa" :wub: (a song about a prostitute arriving at a small village and being chased by the local wives)

• Like 1

Mika on the local news, from minute 16.10 to 19.39 approximately

http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/TGR/media/rubriche/ContentItem-1f7828b7-0f9d-4595-9b75-fe669cce4efe.html

I'm sorry but I'm not able to download the video

Thank you Giovanna!

12.000 people, amazing!!! 

here's the same video as mp4, it's easy to download in this format

http://b2.creativemediax1.rai.it/podcastcdn/TG_regionali/TG_Veneto/5673679.mp4

• Like 4

Thanks for your report Ele.Magna!  :thumb_yello:  Just curios how on earth someone could get through the security with a pan??  :shocked:

I'm not surprised they managed to do it, because security seemed to be pretty lax. I could have a had a pan in my backpack too for all they knew, because they didn't even look at it.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this concert, even if waiting in the sun was very uncomfortable. This was my first Mika gig in Italy and considering his popularity there, I was afraid of people being very pushy (and I had heard some horror stories from previous gigs too), but it actually wasn't as bad as I had thought. (Well, except for a moment or two right after they opened the gates.)

Some of my thoughts on the concert:

- The crowd was definitely very enthusiastic. People kept throwing things (mostly stuffed animals, I think) on stage. I don't know if it's like that at every gig in Italy, but it was starting to get a little ridiculous (and perhaps slightly dangerous, because something could have hit Mika).

- When he received the already mentioned pan (which luckily wasn't thrown, someone just handed it to him), he said that he knew his fans were special (which didn't sound entirely like a compliment).  :teehee:

- The bit with the bug during "Big Girl" (or should I say "Big Bug"?) was also funny. He acted as if he was very scared of it and later complained that he had lost all his dignity and masculinity now that we had seen his reaction to this creature. 

- I was very happy to hear "Blue Eyes" and "Beautiful Disaster", because it was my first time hearing these songs live.

- "Billy Brown" made another appearance in the setlist too. Mika said that now he could tell us he had written this song for one of his sister's ex-boyfriends. He said the guy had become a bit of an idiot lately, so he decided to talk about him for the first time -- "but it's okay, because he doesn't speak Italian".

- In the middle of the concert, he said that he had to ask us a favour. He mentioned his TV show on RAI 2 and said that they hadn't filmed anything for it yet, but they would start now. What he asked us to do was very similar to what he did for Paloma's birthday: first the camera was on him and he talked about how he was all alone, his tour was finished etc. (we had to be quiet during this part). Then he said he had invited a few friends, and the camera turned to reveal the enthusiastic crowd (he told us to act "as crazy as you already are"). Of course, the bit with him talking had to be repeated a few times, because he kept making mistakes.  :teehee:

- This gig was also enjoyable for me because I could understand Mika's Italian very easily. Sometimes I actually understood him better than I do when he speaks English: not because my Italian is better than my English (it's not), but because he speaks much more slowly and clearly in Italian.  :wink2:

All in all, it was a great show. I'm glad he keeps making small changes to the setlist, which definitely keeps things interesting!

• Like 12

Nice setlist, but... where is RELAX? :shocked:

Sorry... i lost Relax  :P

No Place in Heaven
Big girl
Talk about you
Grace Kelly
Blu eyes
Billy Brown
Good wife
Rain
Boum boum boum
Good guys
Relax
Underwater
Staring at the sun
Lollipop
Beautiful disaster
Happy ending
Elle me dit
Stardust
We are golden
Last party
Love today
  • Like 2

Mika on the local news, from minute 16.10 to 19.39 approximately

http://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/TGR/media/rubriche/ContentItem-1f7828b7-0f9d-4595-9b75-fe669cce4efe.html

I'm sorry but I'm not able to download the video

Thank you Giovanna!

12.000 people, amazing!!! 

here's the same video as mp4, it's easy to download in this format

http://b2.creativemediax1.rai.it/podcastcdn/TG_regionali/TG_Veneto/5673679.mp4

Thanks a lot for posting.

• Like 5

I'm not surprised they managed to do it, because security seemed to be pretty lax. I could have a had a pan in my backpack too for all they knew, because they didn't even look at it.

I don't know if at some point the security got tired of checking, but our backpacks were opened and inspected when we entered the venue 

• Like 1

I must admit that I was a bit nervous, after the mess that happened in Genova. Now, I can't say that everything was perfect, but we were introduced into the venue in small groups, so there was no need to run, and most of the people arrived quite late, when the gates were already opened: they could enter immediately and take their places right at the bottom of the audience, no one pushed because the rows were completed one by one as people arrived. At a certain point we were forced to stand up and go towards the stage in order to make room for the people arriving, but despite of being well packed I can say that most of the audience were made by well behaved persons who only wanted to enjoy the gig, we were all singing and dancing and nothing bad happened (well, a few girls fainted but I think it's not a surprise, after a few hours standing in full sunlight at 35° C).

The gig was great, I really like how some songs have been re-arranged and I'm happy that the setlist has changed, even if it's not perfectly matching my personal tastes. I'm happy Billy Brown is back, but I've never been fond of Big Girl, just to say, and I miss Origin of Love. Of course Mika is not only a musician and a singer, but also a showman and it's really funny seeing his reactions to what's happening around him (the green bug thing, for example) and listening to his little stories, including brand new ones about Billy Brown and Lollipop Girl :naughty: . 

I was really happy to be with Pupaclaudia, Atlantica and other two friends, and also to have my sister and my nieces among the audience. Sharing your deepest feeling with trusted people is a priceless bonus  :wub:  

• Like 6

The more I think about it, the more I am persuaded that the whole thing was made up :teehee:

Anyway the whole story strongly echoed De Andre's "Bocca di rosa" :wub: (a song about a prostitute arriving at a small village and being chased by the local wives)

So I wasn’t the only one to think so  :teehee:   but I found him very involved in the story he was telling  :thumb_yello: and he was funny while talking to musicians who couldn’t understand a word of Italian XD but I think that it is nothing special if told this way... But if you see it, it’s funny  :naughty:

I really enjoyed this concert, even if waiting in the sun was very uncomfortable. This was my first Mika gig in Italy and considering his popularity there, I was afraid of people being very pushy (and I had heard some horror stories from previous gigs too), but it actually wasn't as bad as I had thought. (Well, except for a moment or two right after they opened the gates.)

Some of my thoughts on the concert:

- The crowd was definitely very enthusiastic. People kept throwing things (mostly stuffed animals, I think) on stage. I don't know if it's like that at every gig in Italy, but it was starting to get a little ridiculous (and perhaps slightly dangerous, because something could have hit Mika).

- When he received the already mentioned pan (which luckily wasn't thrown, someone just handed it to him), he said that he knew his fans were special (which didn't sound entirely like a compliment).  :teehee:

- The bit with the bug during "Big Girl" (or should I say "Big Bug"?) was also funny. He acted as if he was very scared of it and later complained that he had lost all his dignity and masculinity now that we had seen his reaction to this creature. 

- I was very happy to hear "Blue Eyes" and "Beautiful Disaster", because it was my first time hearing these songs live.

- "Billy Brown" made another appearance in the setlist too. Mika said that now he could tell us he had written this song for one of his sister's ex-boyfriends. He said the guy had become a bit of an idiot lately, so he decided to talk about him for the first time -- "but it's okay, because he doesn't speak Italian".

- In the middle of the concert, he said that he had to ask us a favour. He mentioned his TV show on RAI 2 and said that they hadn't filmed anything for it yet, but they would start now. What he asked us to do was very similar to what he did for Paloma's birthday: first the camera was on him and he talked about how he was all alone, his tour was finished etc. (we had to be quiet during this part). Then he said he had invited a few friends, and the camera turned to reveal the enthusiastic crowd (he told us to act "as crazy as you already are"). Of course, the bit with him talking had to be repeated a few times, because he kept making mistakes.  :teehee:

- This gig was also enjoyable for me because I could understand Mika's Italian very easily. Sometimes I actually understood him better than I do when he speaks English: not because my Italian is better than my English (it's not), but because he speaks much more slowly and clearly in Italian.  :wink2:

All in all, it was a great show. I'm glad he keeps making small changes to the setlist, which definitely keeps things interesting!

So it wasn’t thrown! I’m very sorry, I remembered bad!  :doh: I’ll correct my report

Edited by Ele.Magna

So it wasn’t thrown! I’m very sorry, I remembered bad!  :doh: I’ll correct my report

Oh, don't worry about it.  :) I didn't see him that well in the moment he took the pan, so perhaps some throwing was involved too. I just know it didn't fly to the stage from afar, like all those stuffed animals did.  :wink2:

The Mika's concert in Piazzola sul Brenta was very funny! A green bug was on the piano and he was scared of it. With a piece of paper he wanted to leave it but it didn't go away... ;) A crazy fan had a pan in her hand but Mika believed that it was a giant lollipop so, he brought it! When with his band they played lollipop, he told to Joy to hit the pan. :) During Billy Brown Mika sayed that this song had written for the ex boy-friend "stronzo" of his sister. ;) With the other members of the MFC I was in front of the stage! ❤ It was one of the best concert of him.

My pics:

post-25071-0-61519600-1468616702_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-18173200-1468616761_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-76087200-1468616778_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-38577500-1468616792_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-74866900-1468616810_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-62227300-1468616830_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-40472900-1468616851_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-15794800-1468616873_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-81517900-1468616886_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-85843900-1468616899_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-94233400-1468616916_thumb.jpg