2016 - Cernobbio: Villa Erba, COMO, ITALY - 2 August: Reports/Pics/Vids

Kumazzz

(PRIMA PARTE: ringraziamento "to the MFCers")

"Diciotto mesi...di promozione e di concerti...è stato un vero e proprio investimento che ho fatto confidando non soltanto in me ma anche in voi, che mi avete seguito e sostenuto, investendo voi stessi artisticamente, ma anche in termini economici e di tempo che avete dedicato.
Questo è il motivo per cui ho voluto e potuto a mia volta investire me stesso in nel corso di questi 18 mesi, in ogni singola notte, come se ogni volta fosse la prima su quel palco.. e ora che siamo giunti alla parte finale c'è stata una sorta di attenzione nel tentativo di fare risaltare cose che non avevamo mai evidenziato...ogni mese..immaginando ogni volta un nuovo palco e un nuovo modo di raccontare una storia ogni sera.
E se tutto questo è stato possibile è solo perché ho potuto ogni volta riconoscere i vostri visi.
E se non ci fosse stato quell'investimento di cui parlavo da parte di ciascuno di voi, quella generosità che siete stati capaci di manifestare a me e al mio team - e quando dico team mi riferisco a tanti team...quello artistico e musicale, ma anche alle persone che non potete vedere che lavorano negli uffici a New York occupandosi di ben altro..una vera e propria comunità.. così come al team di Maison Valentino..perché l'investimento è anche di tutti loro - non sarebbe stato possibile.. perché il motivo per cui è facile per me essere il protagonista principale, il regista di questo circo è perché sento che la famiglia di questo circo di cui faccio parte si estende dal palco fino ad arrivare al pubblico e questo è solo merito vostro.
E dunque grazie..grazie ad ognuno di voi..e vi prego di continuare a farlo..grazie per ogni dettaglio e per il vostro sostegno affettuoso, perchè ogni singolo dettaglio viene dal sentire di ciascuno di voi, dal suo stile e diventa parte della mia vita personale, ma nel modo più giusto e bello, mai in un modo sbagliato, ma anzi nel modo migliore e sono davvero molto, molto fortunato e onorato ad avere dei fan tanto sofisticati, intelligenti e disponibili a investire insieme a me.
E dunque grazie infinitamente"
(..."e se qualcuno non ha capito..chiessenefrega")

Edited by melaviola
  • Like 5

Thanks for your reports !

You were very lucky to have had a setlist like this one....And the place !  :wub: (no, I'm not jealous at all... XD)

I didn't know that it was members of the MFC who  organized the meet and greet, I'm so happy that he leaves The Voice this year. Many projects are in progress with his albums and the book, and his show in Italy (which the concept is better than The Voice  :naughty:  :fisch: )

• Like 3

Bi Bazz

http://www.bibazz.it/musica/e-dopo-il-concerto-100-fan-ospiti-di-mika-a-villa-erba/

E dopo il concerto, 100 fan ospiti di Mika a Villa Erba

Degli oltre quattromila che martedì sera hanno assistito a Villa Erba al concerto di uno spumeggiante Mika, solo cento fortunati, estratti a sorte tra i soci del fan club, hanno avuto l’occasione di incontrare da vicino la star dopo lo spettacolo e brindare con lui a conclusione dell’ultima tappa del concerto. Il cantautore, che nel corso dell’estate ha girato l’Italia riempiendo piazze e arene, si è presentato ai trepidanti fans visibilmente stanco ma soddisfatto per il tour appena concluso. Non è mancata commozione quando ha ripercorso le ultime tappe della propria carriera, tra cui X-factor, ma ora è tempo di cambiamenti. Nel corso dell’incontro infatti Mika ha svelato, rigorosamente in inglese, qualche segreto dello one man show che lo vedrà protagonista su RaiDue in prima serata a partire dal prossimo novembre, lasciando però qualche alone di mistero, per creare la giusta suspance. «Niente selfie questa sera – ha chiesto quasi come preghiera la popstar – Facciamo tutti insieme una foto di gruppo». I presenti (davvero pochi fortunati rispetto a tutti coloro che hanno partecipato al concerto) hanno colto l’occasione unica di scambiare quattro parole con il cantante che si è soffermato in loro compagnia per un quarto d’ora circa. Non sono mancati anche dei regali da parte delle giovani ammiratrici. E lui, con un sorriso ammaliatore, ha ringraziato tutte «Sembra Natale!». Un ringraziamento speciale è andato proprio a tutti coloro che hanno partecipato alle varie tappe dei concerti e che lo hanno da sempre sostenuto; del resto proprio i fan sono una componente essenziale del successo di un artista. A conclusione dell’emozionante serata, calici al cielo per un brindisi benaugurante in vista dell’inizio della nuova avventura di Mika.

post-18723-0-36886100-1470316792_thumb.jpg

post-18723-0-20040800-1470316811_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Cernobbio is one of my favourite Mika's concert of the Mika Summer Tour 2016! The magical atmosphere, his voice, Villa Erba behind the stage and many members of the MFC from all over the world, they made it memorable! I listened Blame it on the girls live for the first time... Wonderful! ❤ And we sang Sarà perché ti amo during Talk About You! Very funny! ;) It was a spectacular final of one tour lasted 18 months... I'm really very happy to have been there! :) Now I'm sad but I can't wait to restart as soon as possible! ;) I hope that Mika doesn't make me wait too! ;)

My pics:

post-25071-0-53975100-1470461976_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-40460100-1470461989_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-11159400-1470462013_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-99359700-1470462031_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-20757800-1470462076_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-94244100-1470462125_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-40853200-1470462140_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-78022800-1470462158_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-25338800-1470462179_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-30530700-1470462195_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-17807900-1470462215_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-46750600-1470462228_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-40087300-1470462246_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-06194000-1470462261_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-89916900-1470462280_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-50165500-1470462320_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-61811800-1470462348_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-77494900-1470462373_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-70413100-1470462408_thumb.png

post-25071-0-52542700-1470462418_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-80334000-1470462437_thumb.jpg

post-25071-0-08136100-1470462457_thumb.png

post-25071-0-93622300-1470577188_thumb.png

Edited by Gabry74
  • Like 4

The show in Cernobbio was absolutely brilliant, Mika did some improvisations with lyrics and the crowd laughed genuinely! It was really like "this is the last show, let's do whatever we want" and I really liked that! I thought the gig would have been bittersweet (cause, you know, it was the last one..) but I had a great time with no sadness (that came later, sigh)!

The venue was spectacular too but and Mika decided to declare war to mosquitoes for once! LMAO!

I have to Thank MFC that gave us the opportunity to meet Mika after the show, it was chaotic, that's true, but I feel so honoured 'cause I can actually listen to Mika's speech and looking him in the eyes and I felt the words he said were for each and every one of us. He said beautiful things to us fans and I'm still on cloud 9! So so honoured and proud!

I'm also VERY curious about the one man show, I said him good luck and he started talking again about the project, he was genuinely excited and I'm happy about that!

It was a very special gift :groupwave:

• Like 4

Finally I came back from Milan and can write sth! :)

So so that was my first gig in Italy and i was excited so much! First time in Italy, Mika's gig with someone from my city for the first time and it was super cool! :yes:

So first of all i want to say that im totally in love with Como. Such a beautiful city. :wub:

I arrived to Villa Erba at 8am. I was no 79. I was in shock but later i reminded myself that I'm in Italy haha :). Queuing was soo exhausting especially in the second half of the day. But we had to battle with sun! We also did some sightseeing in Cernobbio. Such a nice city! Im sorry i've already fell in love with Italy.

So i was standing in the second row in the middle. Perfect view because i'm tall haha :) And the location...Villa Erba is just..wow, im speechless. 

And the gig was also amazing. So much fun and the opening...step with me was perfect. After all i still had in my head Joe's part( 3 steps,3 steps), I love her so much! And blame it on the girls...I was surprised!  :naughty:

But for me the most important songa are Underwater and Happy Ending. And... Underwater without mic....it was magical....his voice was so smooth.I was astonished. About Happy Ending, long part with "A little bit of love", i was over the moon cause it's my fav part of this song. :fangurl:

And after the gig...Me and my friend won m&g so i didn't know what to do with myself because of my happiness! It was really special. Villa Erba inside is stunning and Mika talking about his new Tv show too...He was talking in English and i'm very thankful(im sure not just me) that he decided to talk in English  :hug:

Mika didn't stay long cause he was exhausted and that was understandable. I met MikaFreaka from South Africa and she's so nice! :) I also meet again girls from Prague and Paris (Andrieja,Saskia and Nina) and some others. It was super cool to meet you again :hug: What could i say more...step 4: this tour is over.  :bye:

• Like 7

Could anyone translate Mika's speech at the opening ?

Step With Me @ Villa Erba by Nina

"Good evening! So, normally there's a dramatic entrance, there's a prayer, there are some songs that are always at the beginning. But tonight is a little different, because tonight is the last one. The last one in Italy, before starting a new chapter. And so, all the formality that we used during these last 18 months of tour isn't important tonight. Tonight in this beautiful place here, in front of ... my house... [smiles] Welcome to my house! I will sing a little of everything."

• Like 4

I wasn't planning to go to this gig, because I'd already been to quite a few others this year and I didn't think I'd be able to take more time off work for this one anyway. But in the end everything worked out so that I was able to go after all. It was really a last moment decision, and I'm so glad I made it! The concert was special because it was the last one of the tour, and of course the m&g at the end was the cherry on top.  :)

I only arrived in Cernobbio in the middle of the afternoon, and the queue for the concert was already a few kilometres long (or at least that's what it seemed like  :P), so I really didn't expect to get a good place. When I entered the venue, it was already quite full -- but to my surprise, there weren't too many people at the left side of the stage, so I went there and ended up in the second row! Even though I had a side view of the stage, it was actually a really good one and I was very happy to get such a good spot at this late point.  :)

Some notes about the concert itself:

- I loved hearing "Step with Me" (with Mika's new additions about his journey in Italy) and "Blame It on the Girls"! "Step with Me" is not even one of my favourite songs of his, but after this gig I have a new appreciation for it.

- It was really funny to hear him start to sing "Sara' perche' ti amo" in the middle of "Talk about You" and the enthusiastic response of the audience, who knew every word of that song.  :lol:

- He told the story about how his whole extended family, which consisted of 23 people (his grandmother had her own car and driver, because nobody wanted to be in the car with her), went to Villa d'Este in Cernobbio for his 30th birthday. They rented a private boat for all 23 people, and when they were in the middle of the lake, he decided to swim across it. It took him 3 hours and he spent the rest of the night vomiting.  :teehee:

- He also declared that tonight, HE was going to eat mosquitoes, not the other way around.

- The whole concert had a slightly different feel than usual, he included the band in singing some of the songs etc. Instead of singing part of "Happy Ending" without the microphone, he sang part of "Underwater" this way. He asked us to turn all the lights off during "Underwater" this time, because "we don't need lights to be together".

I met MikaFreaka from South Africa and she's so nice! :) I also meet again girls from Prague and Paris (Andrieja,Saskia and Nina) and some others. It was super cool to meet you again :hug:

It was great to see you again too!  :hug:

It's been an amazing ... well, not quite 18 months for me, more like 12 months. I've met so many nice people during this time and I love Mika even more than I did before. Can't wait for his next tour!  :)

• Like 4

I wasn't planning to go to this gig, because I'd already been to quite a few others this year and I didn't think I'd be able to take more time off work for this one anyway. But in the end everything worked out so that I was able to go after all. It was really a last moment decision, and I'm so glad I made it! The concert was special because it was the last one of the tour, and of course the m&g at the end was the cherry on top.  :)

I only arrived in Cernobbio in the middle of the afternoon, and the queue for the concert was already a few kilometres long (or at least that's what it seemed like  :P), so I really didn't expect to get a good place. When I entered the venue, it was already quite full -- but to my surprise, there weren't too many people at the left side of the stage, so I went there and ended up in the second row! Even though I had a side view of the stage, it was actually a really good one and I was very happy to get such a good spot at this late point.  :)

Some notes about the concert itself:

- I loved hearing "Step with Me" (with Mika's new additions about his journey in Italy) and "Blame It on the Girls"! "Step with Me" is not even one of my favourite songs of his, but after this gig I have a new appreciation for it.

- It was really funny to hear him start to sing "Sara' perche' ti amo" in the middle of "Talk about You" and the enthusiastic response of the audience, who knew every word of that song.  :lol:

- He told the story about how his whole extended family, which consisted of 23 people (his grandmother had her own car and driver, because nobody wanted to be in the car with her), went to Villa d'Este in Cernobbio for his 30th birthday. They rented a private boat for all 23 people, and when they were in the middle of the lake, he decided to swim across it. It took him 3 hours and he spent the rest of the night vomiting.  :teehee:

- He also declared that tonight, HE was going to eat mosquitoes, not the other way around.

- The whole concert had a slightly different feel than usual, he included the band in singing some of the songs etc. Instead of singing part of "Happy Ending" without the microphone, he sang part of "Underwater" this way. He asked us to turn all the lights off during "Underwater" this time, because "we don't need lights to be together".

It was great to see you again too!  :hug:

It's been an amazing ... well, not quite 18 months for me, more like 12 months. I've met so many nice people during this time and I love Mika even more than I did before. Can't wait for his next tour!  :)

:thumb_yello: Thanks for your super report Andreja!  :hug:  I'm very happy to have met you in London 5.6, and hope to see you again,  at a MIKA concert,  some day... :fisch:  :wub:  

Love, love

me 

• Like 1

:thumb_yello: Thanks for your super report Andreja!  :hug:  I'm very happy to have met you in London 5.6, and hope to see you again,  at a MIKA concert,  some day... :fisch:  :wub:  

Love, love

me 

It was so nice to meet you too! I definitely hope we'll see each other again, not too far in the future.  :hug:

• Like 1

This gig was really amazing and for me and my friends really movingly....

It was the end of a beautiful adventure together and we cried and hugged a lot each other's

His music for us is a leitmotiv of our life

Now we are sad but we are wonder a new tour one day to share all together ❤️

• Like 3

Here's my photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155018204591393.1073741841.258332411392&type=1&l=593c246960... videos are uploading, but they'll take a while and it's nothing new really. Just Step with me, Mika's M&G speech and him emptying the confetti bag over himself during SATS. :teehee:

some of my fave pix:

13882197_10155018204921393_7462492308954

love it how Max and Tristan are having fun behind Mika! :lmfao:

13925292_10155018205226393_8001449433658

just noticed that FB seems to have reduced the quality of my pix. :aah: hope it's just temporary while still processing, otherwise i think i'll have to upload them in full size and hope the quality is ok then.

edit: videos (the third one doesn't seem to upload for some reason):

Step with me:

M&G

• Like 3

"Good evening! So, normally there's a dramatic entrance, there's a prayer, there are some songs that are always at the beginning. But tonight is a little different, because tonight is the last one. The last one in Italy, before starting a new chapter. And so, all the formality that we used during these last 18 months of tour isn't important tonight. Tonight in this beautiful place here, in front of ... my house... [smiles] Welcome to my house! I will sing a little of everything."

I didn't understand much of his speech at the beginning, but the bolded part pretty much sums up, why this gig was so special for me. Last gigs of the tour are always special. But Mika's gigs never felt as planned and "formal" to me, as they did on this tour 2015/2016. He might have learned to do it this way on X-Factor (because TV-Shows have to be planned, obviously), it might be easier for him, it might be more professional or whatever - but it's one of the main reasons why I miss the "old" Mika so much. His shows might be good, but imo they've lost the unique specialness by being so planned these days. I heard from others that this changed on the Italian summer tour - Cernobbio was the only gig I saw of it, so I can't tell what the others were like. But this gig felt special again, like it hadn't felt to me since 2012. And just because of Mika. It wasn't the place (saw him in other fab places as well) or the crowd (at least on my side they weren't enthusiastic at all). It wasn't the eye contact I missed at other gigs (I didn't get any noticeable eye contact this time either - but guess I mainly didn't mind because I knew there'd be a M&G). It was just Mika, being spontaneous, funny, relaxed, including the band (even a short band introduction was included!) like I had seen it the last time with his old band. I just hope on the next tour he'll continue where he stopped here, and not need another year of touring to get into this funny-spontaneous mood again. :teehee:

It had been quite an effort to me to get to this gig. I'm pregnant and still having problems with sickness, that's also why I had to cancel Piazzola sul Brenta. Until a few days before the Cernobbio gig, I still wasn't sure whether I'd feel well enough to go. But I'd had some bad news the week before (read my Facebook post if you want to know more) and I saw there'd be a M&G - so I told myself, even if I vomit through all of the 6 hour bus journey and through half of the gig, I need to go - I need this distraction, I'd certainly regret if I stayed home instead. So I went, and what should I say, the distraction worked. :teehee: I didn't feel exactly well, but I survived. ;) I obviously couldn't queue in the hot sun, so after arriving in the early afternoon, I went to my hotel to check in and only returned to the venue around 6pm. I learned then that I would be allowed to enter from the side as I'm pregnant, and not having to stand in the sun in a big crowd. After the first 100-200 people had entered, they let me in. I took it slowly and first bought me a bottle of water - luckily they gave it to me without taking off the lid, as I had seen they did it at the other food/drink stands. Anyway, I noticed that at the very right and very left side in front of the speakers the front row was still empty, and I chose to sit on the right side, in the shade. I didn't know whether I'd be able to stay there, but for the moment, sitting in the shade with a water bottle was all I wanted. :teehee: I felt a bit dizzy one time before and one time during the gig, but as I was able to lean on the barrier and had fresh air in front of me, all was fine. So glad I didn't have a place in the middle of the crowd, I think I'd have needed to go to the very back in this case. The speakers right in front of me were far too loud and I got a stiff neck from looking to the side all the time, but I had a good view and was pretty happy with my place - despite being too far on the side for Mika noticing me, and despite being far away from all my MFC friends.

My personal highlights of the gig were Step with me, which is one of my fave Mika songs but I'd never heard it live until then. His funny singing contest Girls vs Boys during BBB, with the flower. :lmfao: Him emptying my bag of confetti over himself during SATS - Saskia had asked me to bring the confetti for her, because she wanted to fill balloons with it, and Mika took it from her. Mika and me have sort of a history with confetti, and although it was all Saskia's doing this time (I only brought the confetti for her), I found it funny that once more my confetti ended up on Mika's head. :naughty: And, as I said before, just the general feeling of the gig, Mika having fun with the band, his little stories, although I didn't understand much of them, and the spontaneity of the setlist - in my photos there's the original setlist - surely I'd have loved to hear Beautiful Disaster and Promiseland, but I didn't miss it during the gig. In fact, the gig felt pretty long to me. Oh, another funny moment was when Mika's piano almost exploded with confetti during Lollipop! I think it was supposed to come out of the red lid on the piano, but in fact the whole top of the piano nearly flew off! :naughty:

I guess I'll write my report about the M&G in the M&G thread - if I find enough to write about. You can all listen to his speech on video, so there isn't much to report I guess. :bleh:

• Like 7