MFC's 10th Anniversary!

dcdeb

MFC 10th Anniversary!   

315 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of celebration would you like to see for the MFC's 10th Anniversary?

• One Big Party, to be held mid-year
    • Several smaller regional parties throughout the year
    • Both!
  2. 2. If we have one big 10th Anniversary Party, where would you like it to be held?

• London
    • Milan
    • Paris
    • New York City
    • Some other city - leave your choice in the comments below.

Attention MFCers!

This coming year will be the big 1-0! 10 years of Mika Fan Club! Can you believe it?  :excite:  :excite:  :excite:

5 JANUARY 2017 marks the actual anniversary date of when MikaFanClub.com was launched.

Several of you have written to us about what, if anything we are going to do this year to celebrate the big occasion. Given how important this is, we've been giving it lots of thought.

While it would be great to have a big celebration in January in London as we did at the 5-year mark, we think that will be problematic for a few reasons. First of all, many MFCers will have just traveled to Florence for Mika's concerts there, so they won't want to turn around and make the trip to London. Also, it will be winter and right after the holidays -- not necessarily the best time either financially or weather-wise to schedule a big trip and a bigger party.

So... we've been tossing around some alternative ideas.

With so many from the MFC going to Florence in December, I'm sure that the fans will be organizing a get-together there. I think that will be the logical official kick-off of our 10th Anniversary Celebration! :yay:

After that, though, what should we do?

One idea is that instead of one big celebration, we can hold a number of regional celebrations. One in London, one in Milan, one in Paris, one in Munich... and other groups can have their own, too, or they can journey to one of the major cities if they prefer.

Another alternative is to postpone the BIG anniversary celebration until a bit later in the year. This would give us all a bit more time to save and plan.

The next choice, though, is WHERE do we have this big party?

There's a strong argument for holding it in London -- it's where the Mika Fan Club and MIKA both originated, and it's sort of "central" between fans from North and South America and those all around Europe. (I'd like to say it was close to you fans in Asia and Australia, but you're so far away -- as I'm sure you well know. :(  )   Of course, the party doesn't have to be in London -- it could be Milan, Paris, Disney World... :naughty:  

Whatever we do as far as a REAL party,  we also will still have our usual online celebration of games with prizes/giveaways!

To get things started, we're going to do two things.

First, I've put up a poll to get your thoughts about how and where we ought to celebrate.

And second, we thought we'd like to come up with a special 10th MFC Anniversary Logo to be used on badges, t-shirts and possibly other merchandise. And what better way to come up with a design than to throw it back to you, the very talented Mika Fan Club members?! So we're going to launch a competition for that -- Silver will be posting the details about it soon!

So please answer our poll, and leave your thoughts about the 10th anniversary celebrations below. And get ready to party! :cheer:

• Like 26

10th Anniversary !!!! :cheer:

but.... sadly I can't go to the MFC party.... :unsure:

I'd like to join ONLINE party and competitions, have fun guys !!!

:bow:

Hope anyone take LIVE Periscope the MFC party.

• Like 5

That's really exciting :woot_jump: As much as I would love to join, I'm afraid I'll only be able to celebrate online... maybe we could make some art project like a lovely thank you card for Mika from all MFCers for having given birth to our community   :wub2: and creating so many friendships all around the world :omg_fans: so everyone would get together if only virtually..and I also hope the party or parties will be streamed :pray:

Happy 10th anniversary MFC :wub2: I love you :group_hug:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 8

That's really exciting :woot_jump: As much as I would love to join, I'm afraid I'll only be able to celebrate online... maybe we could make some art project like a lovely thank you card for Mika from all MFCers for having given birth to our community   :wub2: and creating so many friendships all around the world :omg_fans: so everyone would get together if only virtually..and I also hope the party or parties will be streamed :pray:

Happy 10th anniversary MFC :wub2: I love you :group_hug:

Anne, the idea of a thank you card, or some kind of acknowledgement, to Mika is a nice one! Would you like to spearhead that?

• Like 4

Thank you very much Deb!  :thumb_yello:  :wub: MFC's 10th anniversary really deserves a proper celebration!  :wub: I'm for a big party mid-year, sometimes during summer 2017, when as many MFCers as possible might have a chance to get away from work and school/studies, and take part in the celebration :)  To me it seems natural that this should be arranged in London, MIKA's hometown :)  I would ask MIKA to give a private little concert for this special occasion, and to involve all the talented MFCers to sing and perform as well, either as an own part of the program, or as a choir for MIKA :fisch::wub:  If he can't, or won't, take part in the party, I'd still love the idea that our great singers in the MFC bring their guitars, and perform  :fisch:  :wub:  I think that would become an incredible party - in the spirit of the one and only, who brought us all together, from all over the world, like the UN... :wub:

Love, love

me      

• Like 8