Mika 'The Art of Song' Parts 3 & 4 on BBC Radio 2-- 8&15 November 2016

silver

I have to say, I loved that song Iris. I had never heard it. I love how Mika's attention to detail shines through when he presents the show. That bit about the bench in the London park. No other DJ would have mentioned this. I learn so much from Mika.

I look forward to next week.

• Like 3

I have to say, I loved that song Iris. I had never heard it. I love how Mika's attention to detail shines through when he presents the show. That bit about the bench in the London park. No other DJ would have mentioned this. I learn so much from Mika.

I look forward to next week.

:thumb_yello: I agree - MIKA is a blessing to BBC Radio2 - I assume the listeners got to love his music hours! :fisch:  :wub: Such a great mixture of knowledge and facts - and  private, funny experiences and thoughts... :)  

And I love when he honours his mom - and points out how much she ment for his personal music development ... :wub:  

Love, love

me

• Like 3

I laughed so much :floor: at the song called Hit me with your rythm stick  :roftl::teehee: many things happened to me last night  :loco: and I have to say that it was really helpfull to hear something that would be able to make me laugh in this stress period :bonk:  Thank you Mika :bow: for sharing this amazingly funny song XD

:pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt:    

• Like 1

I laughed so much :floor: at the song called Hit me with your rythm stick  :roftl::teehee: many things happened to me last night  :loco: and I have to say that it was really helpfull to hear something that would be able to make me laugh in this stress period :bonk:  Thank you Mika :bow: for sharing this amazingly funny song XD

:pbjt: :pbjt: :pbjt:    

I had to laugh so hard as well ahaha! :lmfao:

• Like 2

I adore his Rocket Man, I can't count how many times I've listened to it already. And it sounds to me something you either like or not, I mean I can totally understand not everyone is a fan of this version but I love it, almost kind of obsessed with it now  :wub:

• Like 4

I can not listen to these covers,they are too depressing for me,and this kind of music is not my favorite... That's why I love Mika's music,because it is totally different from this,and gives me a happy and cheerful mood.

I can not listen to these covers,they are too depressing for me,and this kind of music is not my favorite... That's why I love Mika's music,because it is totally different from this,and gives me a happy and cheerful mood.

:) MIKA's cover songs are mostly very beautiful, imo, also the sad ballads, which he seems to like and use respectfully  :)  But in a way, I have to agree with you.  Now I would be very pleased if he did a cover version of a happy and funny song, like for example "Lola" - by the Kinks, which has a genius lyric: "Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand, why she walk like a woman and talk like a man" - and - "Girls will be boys and boys will be girls, it's a mixed up muddled up shook up world, except for Lola"   :naughty:  It's an iconic song, written back in 1970 - and in this period,  it was a controversial subject matter : ""Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy, when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine"... :teehee:   I really would LOVE to hear MIKA's version of this song, about a possible transvestite, whom the songwriter Ray Davies met in a club in Soho ... :fisch:  MIKA called the song brilliant, when he played it on Tuesday, and I couldn't agree more... :thumb_yello:   :wub:

Love, love

me

• Like 1

I adore his Rocket Man, I can't count how many times I've listened to it already. And it sounds to me something you either like or not, I mean I can totally understand not everyone is a fan of this version but I love it, almost kind of obsessed with it now :wub:

I understand you although my personal favorite of last covers is Joni Mitchells A case of you.

But Rocket man is indeed very mesmerizing. I especially like the tenderness of the first chord. The whole song reminds me of Major Tom by Bowie which is not so strange, I guess, because of the spacial title and the ephemeral theme.

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 1

:) MIKA's cover songs are mostly very beautiful, imo, also the sad ballads, which he seems to like and use respectfully  :)  But in a way, I have to agree with you.  Now I would be very pleased if he did a cover version of a happy and funny song 

I'd prefer covers of some more happy and joyful songs,I always thought the music has an influence on your mood and spirit. At least that's my feeling  :winksmiley02:

• Like 1

I'd prefer covers of some more happy and joyful songs,I always thought the music has an influence on your mood and spirit. At least that's my feeling  :winksmiley02:

:) Yes, that's how music works!   :fisch: When  it comes to MIKA's covers in the BBC Radio2 studio, I understand that he chooses songs that only need a piano, and not a full band, just because Elton John's piano is there, waiting for his clever fingers... :wub: 

Love, love

me 

• Like 1

:) Yes, that's how music works!   :fisch: When  it comes to MIKA's covers in the BBC Radio2 studio, I understand that he chooses songs that only need a piano, and not a full band, just because Elton John's piano is there, waiting for his clever fingers... :wub:

Love, love

me 

I would love if he did a cover of I Don't Feel Like Dancing by the Scissor Sisters.  It's a very joyful song and would suit his voice perfectly! :) 

• Like 3

I would love if he did a cover of I Don't Feel Like Dancing by the Scissor Sisters.  It's a very joyful song and would suit his voice perfectly! :)

From all the covers he did,the one I loved the most was Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac,his voice fits perfectly for that song. Unfortunately the radio station where he did it a few years ago never posted the podcast of that show,they never answered to our messages,and no one from MFC didn't manage to record the interview at that time   :sad:

Edited by krysady

:thumb_yello: I totally agree - and it's also quite funny that you say so :) I've heard SS live twice  - at the Quart festival both times.  The first time in 2004, I thought that singer Jake sounded very much like the Bee Gees.  The 2nd time, after I had got to know MIKA, I couldn't stop thinking about him,  when Jake performed their new big hit "I don't feel like dancing"    :fisch: It reminded me sooo much about my "new music-love"... :wub: I hope MIKA will cover this supercatchy song one day... :wink2:

Love, love

me

The Elton John song I've always wanted Mika to sing is, 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, as it's the one that is, the most, like a Mika song. It's about a young man who is disillusioned with being a pop star in the record industry.

You know you can't hold me forever,

I didn't sign up with you,

I'm not a present for your friends to open,

This boy is too young to be singing the blues.

I think it would really suit Mika, and he could sustain the high parts.

But I would love for him to have the chance, on some radio or TV show, to sing his own songs.

• Like 4

In my opinion his voice was quite tired when he recorded these covers ( compared to first show's covers) that's why at the end of Rocket Man it is even close to James Blunt's voice (don't kill me :naughty: ). I prefer that Joni Mitchell cover with some really beautiful lower notes.

• Like 1

In my opinion his voice was quite tired when he recorded these covers ( compared to first show's covers) that's why at the end of Rocket Man it is even close to James Blunt's voice (don't kill me :naughty: ). I prefer that Joni Mitchell cover with some really beautiful lower notes.

I did like that Joni Mitchell cover too :wub:  I had to go and google who James Blunt is but I can't tell if he sounds any similar and it was really disturbing that he took his clothes off on the video even it was snowing. Why would he do that? Lol! 

• Like 1

New Clip on BBC Radio2 Site  :wub:  

James Taylor's Fire and Rain
Mika takes to Elton's piano for a performance of this 1970 classic by James Taylor.

http://bbc.in/2gbVA9N

Billy Joel’s Piano Man
A great rendition of well-loved Billy classic on Elton’s piano.

http://bbc.in/2eUWKBx

*EDIT* ↑ This seems to be the same as the clip from part1 (1st Jan 2016)

NaoMika☆

Edited by NaoMika
  • Like 4

New Clip on BBC Radio2 Site :wub:

James Taylor's Fire and Rain

Mika takes to Elton's piano for a performance of this 1970 classic by James Taylor.

http://bbc.in/2gbVA9N

Billy Joel’s Piano Man

A great rendition of well-loved Billy classic on Elton’s piano.

http://bbc.in/2eUWKBx

*EDIT* ↑ This seems to be the same as the clip from part1 (1st Jan 2016)

NaoMika☆

Thank you!

Love the new cover :)

• Like 1