Mika @ Presentation of RAI Program schedule Autumn 2016 - 28 June - Milan, IT

Lucrezia

I wished Mika was known as the guy from TV in Germany......... most people do not know him here and some remember him as the guy who sang Grace Kelly but since the radio stations here refuse to play his new stuff he seems to be not existent anymore. So I´m not worried about him doing TV in Italy or France as long as it keeps him known there and I can attend his concerts in these countries and I´m totally sure he will be very successful with his own show.

It seems to be the same here, I'm afraid  ;) I met a music interested guy a month ago.  He's a huge Bruce fan,  and asked me if I intended to go to Oslo for his upcoming show.  I said: "No, I'm just back home from London, where I saw MIKA at the London Palladium" :wub:  He replied: "Oh, MIKA - is he still alive!?"  A typical reaction, as nobody here get to know anything news about him :doh: Still, the radio keeps playing Grace Kelly - last time on Thursday this week, at the biggest radiost. during the summertime  program - it's sooo frustrating... :(

Love, love

me     

• Like 1

I'm so happy that he has his own show, this is really amazing! But at the same time, the fact that it will be in Italy doesnt make me feel comfortable. Dont misunderstand please, I'm not against to Italy. The problem for me is that only one group of people will be able to understand it more. And for myself, I won't be able to understand unless someone translates, which means I can't follow this show everyweek. And I would really want to see and listen to his own show, it sounds really amazing! But I would prefer it in English, since more people would understand(I'm not saying it only for myself) but if he wants, what can we say? :)

I know how you feel. I'm very happy for Mika and for all the Italian fans, but I'm sad because I don't understand one word of Italian.

Maybe we should start learning the language? We have time to learn the basics from now til November! And we have a great incentive :D

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious about this and I'm sure I'll appreciate the show..I always trust him and I think he'll do his best in this show too! :thumb_yello: 

Edited by *Denise*
  • Like 2

Since I transcribed it for the subtitles (by the way, you'll get the video with English and Italian subs soon), I thought I might as well share here a part of what he said about the show during the meet&greet.

"So, what we’re trying to do is say: okay, I come from everywhere and from nowhere. Here’s my house, it’s in Italy, I open my doors to my house to guests and I go out from my house to Italy and I bring people back into my house and even the public that’s in the studio, they’re all guests in my house and that’s what we’re doing. So it’s a show that at the same time is very intimate and full of sketch, full of music and full of fun and also really serious and also has moments of really big spectacle, you know, and international and Italian guests. The idea is that from the comfort of your own home, from the minute you walk into your house and then the minute you go to bed, the journey from the door opening to your own home to going into bed. All I can say to you is I start in my clothes from the outside world and I finish… and that’s all I can say, but it’s ####ing fun. So, all I can tell you is that we really… we’re not being safe, we’re really gonna have… we’re trying to have as much fun as possible and, you know, music is important and we’re not gonna change the way that I do music for the show, if anything we’ll bring what I do from the stage and from the tour and even musicians from the tour into the show. So it’s an extension, the story continues, it doesn’t stop and become a TV show where I’m like “hey, welcome, here’s this person” and they’re coming out. It’s not at all that, it’s really a living, breathing thing where what I’ve done on stage and the stuff I’ve done on TV can find a new way of coming together that’s more creative."

Edited by Alyara
  • Like 5

Since I transcribed it for the subtitles (by the way, you'll get the video with English and Italian subs soon), I thought I might as well share here a part of what he said about the show during the meet&greet.

"So, what we’re trying to do is say: okay, I come from everywhere and from nowhere. Here’s my house, it’s in Italy, I open my doors to my house to guests and I go out from my house to Italy and I bring people back into my house and even the public that’s in the studio, they’re all guests in my house and that’s what we’re doing. So it’s a show that at the same time is very intimate and full of sketch, full of music and full of fun and also really serious and also has moments of really big spectacle, you know, and international and Italian guests. The idea is that from the comfort of your own home, from the minute you walk into your house and then the minute you go to bed, the journey from the door opening to your own home to going into bed. All I can say to you is I start in my clothes from the outside world and I finish… and that’s all I can say, but it’s ####ing fun. So, all I can tell you is that we really… we’re not being safe, we’re really gonna have… we’re trying to have as much fun as possible and, you know, music is important and we’re not gonna change the way that I do music for the show, if anything we’ll bring what I do from the stage and from the tour and even musicians from the tour into the show. So it’s an extension, the story continues, it doesn’t stop and become a TV show where I’m like “hey, welcome, here’s this person” and they’re coming out. It’s not at all that, it’s really a living, breathing thing where what I’ve done on stage and the stuff I’ve done on TV can find a new way of coming together that’s more creative."

:thumb_yello: Grazie mille!!  :hug: Again: C & C = changes & challenges for our MIKA  :wub:  He's brave - I admire his courage... :wub:

Love, love

me

• Like 1