The Australian Thread: Party Twenty-Four

silver

On 4/5/2018 at 2:52 PM, Oakie Doke said:

Yesterday I discovered a new album and it's all I've been listening to on repeat since yesterday because I quite like it. It's called "No Place in Heaven" by some guy called Mika. Maybe you've heard of it, apparently it came out in 2015?  :dunno:

I like your new house and garden Silver, and congrats on the upcoming new baby Tegan! :yay:

You're a step ahead of me... I haven't listened to it at all :teehee:

Cheers Bianca! Hope you're doing well... 

Well I finished work a week early - On Sunday I passed out and was sick while we were travelling back from a highland gathering, was in a smaller hospital ER for a few hours and had to stay in said smaller town overnight cause the doctor was worried I'd get sick again on the way home... then the GP gave me the week off. So yeah... real fun here! 

4 hours ago, nico_collard said:

You're a step ahead of me... I haven't listened to it at all :teehee:

Cheers Bianca! Hope you're doing well... 

Well I finished work a week early - On Sunday I passed out and was sick while we were travelling back from a highland gathering, was in a smaller hospital ER for a few hours and had to stay in said smaller town overnight cause the doctor was worried I'd get sick again on the way home... then the GP gave me the week off. So yeah... real fun here! 

Maybe you could spend the time relaxing and listening to the album :wink2:

Though I guess with a toddler about there's not much chance of that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2018 at 12:17 AM, silver said:

Maybe you could spend the time relaxing and listening to the album :wink2:

Though I guess with a toddler about there's not much chance of that.

Yeah, little chance of relaxing :teehee: I managed to get my school stuff done though was in hospital again the next Saturday, this time for 4 days. Still don't know what's wrong but apparently I don't have any DVTs in my legs, no clots in the brain, no new seizure activity, lungs are good and my heart's okay. If it happens again they're upping the clexane dosage to make sure I don't develop a blood clot. 

I think I heard some of the newer stuff through Spotify last week (I think). 

Anyway, I get to sort out some baby stuff over the next 9 or so weeks, I'll be having baby in 10 weeks time :shocked:

I have to ask... what's with the smileys? they look weird and they wouldn't work when I typed them in manually... 

Edited by nico_collard
Fixing smileys

3 hours ago, nico_collard said:

Yeah, little chance of relaxing :teehee: I managed to get my school stuff done though was in hospital again the next Saturday, this time for 4 days. Still don't know what's wrong but apparently I don't have any DVTs in my legs, no clots in the brain, no new seizure activity, lungs are good and my heart's okay. If it happens again they're upping the clexane dosage to make sure I don't develop a blood clot. 

I think I heard some of the newer stuff through Spotify last week (I think). 

Anyway, I get to sort out some baby stuff over the next 9 or so weeks, I'll be having baby in 10 weeks time :shocked:

I have to ask... what's with the smileys? they look weird and they wouldn't work when I typed them in manually... 

Well, it sounds as if you are in good shape if the hospital can't find anything wrong - it may just have been something temporary :dunno:  Anyway hope all goes well for the next few week until baby turns up :hug:

The smileys have changed as there has been a software upgrade.  Apparently they are similar to ones on smartphones, but the old ones are still there too.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:48 PM, silver said:

Well, it sounds as if you are in good shape if the hospital can't find anything wrong - it may just have been something temporary :dunno:  Anyway hope all goes well for the next few week until baby turns up :hug:

The smileys have changed as there has been a software upgrade.  Apparently they are similar to ones on smartphones, but the old ones are still there too.

It probably was just temporary. Annoying, but temporary. I've been able to tell when I'm getting tired so I try and rest then. At least I've still got plenty of time to get baby stuff done :biggrin2: So, 9 more weeks to go! 

Ah, okay. I've found the smileys though I have to try and remember not to just type the shortcuts. 

On 5/4/2018 at 5:54 AM, silver said:

You should do a countdown sticker :naughty:

event.png

:shocked: :eek:

That doesn't sound very long at all!  

preg.png

This one doesn't sound as bad...

Edited by nico_collard

11 hours ago, nico_collard said:

:shocked: :eek:

That doesn't sound very long at all!  

preg.png

This one doesn't sound as bad...

Er    yes.  If you say so :fisch:

On 5/9/2018 at 6:45 AM, silver said:

Is Sam looking forward to the new arrival?

Not sure he really understands it TBH, he does kiss my belly sometimes but he's a bit rough. I'm sure he'll be a bit excited when bub is here. He followed my sister in law into the back room at mum and dad's while she was feeding my niece and was shushing her when she was crying :lmfao:

Anyways, bub will be born on the 9th of July, if he doesn't decide to come beforehand. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing much is happening in the Mikaverse anyway, except for a concert in France this weekend (after some Rugby final).

And I am busy trying to tame the garden/looking after mum/cleaning etc.

At least it hasn't rained much this past week.

12 hours ago, silver said:

Sadly the days of when I could log in to MFC during the day seem to be over. So I think we are doomed to miss each other :sad:

Bugger! I would say so.

12 hours ago, silver said:

Nothing much is happening in the Mikaverse anyway, except for a concert in France this weekend (after some Rugby final).

And I am busy trying to tame the garden/looking after mum/cleaning etc.

At least it hasn't rained much this past week.

At least I'm not missing anything. 

Oooooh, gardening/cleaning... We've been trying to get the house all ready for bub, along with clearing out stuff to sell. Have managed to sell a few things so far and have $160 put aside :D 

We've been getting a bit of rain here, though not enough to make anything grow though. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just gonna start posting random crap cause I'm bored. 

This is me at the moment: 

giphy.gif

This is also me, when I ask Sam if he needs to use the toilet (yeah, decided to start toilet training :doh:😞

c1a88bc1bbfa46c82d4bb4b7d5a168f3.png

And this is Derek whenever we're in the car, I feel unwell.. yeah, just anytime (I had to find one where Jensen was, Derek thinks he's great): 

tumblr_inline_mi31rcA3vd1r9trdm.gif.gif

And this is me at the same time: 

tenor.gif  giphy.gif

But on the upside, I only had 3 weeks and 2 days before baby is evicted, unless he decides to evict himself... 

Overall... 

excited-kw.gif

And I just realised excited is spelt wrong... But still, you get the idea! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 3:30 AM, silver said:

Still bored?  Not long to go now, is it?

Not long at all, got 6 days to go! :kachinga:Got so much stuff I need to get done beforehand though, like packing bags, organising the house etc. I also thought that getting the carpet and couch professionally cleaned was a great idea (actually it was, they're both really nice and clean), making appointments to meet with public schools for Sam to possibly go to in 2020, sorting out presents for Sam from the baby and a present for a friend who is turning 40 and keeping note of what I need to do when I go into hospital.

I seem to be nesting at the moment... But at least it hasn't been cold today, though apparently it's supposed to snow outside of Orange on Sunday :facepalm:

How's life going for you? 

4 hours ago, nico_collard said:

Not long at all, got 6 days to go! :kachinga:Got so much stuff I need to get done beforehand though, like packing bags, organising the house etc. I also thought that getting the carpet and couch professionally cleaned was a great idea (actually it was, they're both really nice and clean), making appointments to meet with public schools for Sam to possibly go to in 2020, sorting out presents for Sam from the baby and a present for a friend who is turning 40 and keeping note of what I need to do when I go into hospital.

I seem to be nesting at the moment... But at least it hasn't been cold today, though apparently it's supposed to snow outside of Orange on Sunday :facepalm:

How's life going for you? 

It always seems strange to think of it snowing in Australia, I associate it more with heatwaves and wildfires.

Which is the sort of weather we are having in the UK atm - scorching temperatures, big moorland fire in northern England.  The dogs are not very happy in the heat but we have got them a big paddling pool so they often just lie in the water.  And we took them to the beach last week.P1070793.thumb.JPG.c4e89c4dcd262ea5d178d395edc9c930.JPG

Otherwise I seem to have become a more or less full-time carer for my mum - I don't get much uninterrupted time these days, especially in the evenings.

But I guess you know all about that sort of situation, with a toddler on your hands.

On 7/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, silver said:

It always seems strange to think of it snowing in Australia, I associate it more with heatwaves and wildfires.

Which is the sort of weather we are having in the UK atm - scorching temperatures, big moorland fire in northern England.  The dogs are not very happy in the heat but we have got them a big paddling pool so they often just lie in the water.  And we took them to the beach last week.P1070793.thumb.JPG.c4e89c4dcd262ea5d178d395edc9c930.JPG

Otherwise I seem to have become a more or less full-time carer for my mum - I don't get much uninterrupted time these days, especially in the evenings.

But I guess you know all about that sort of situation, with a toddler on your hands.

Yeah, it definitely seems strange. And I bet the dogs loved the beach! 

Yep, makes it difficult being a carer for someone, though I would imagine caring for children would be a bit easier to manage than caring for an adult. 

Well baby has been born and we're home now. 

Here's all the important details: 

Name: Isaac Kazimierz (middle name came from Derek's grandfather on his mum's side)

Date: 9/7/18

Weight: 3.86kg

Length: 55cm

36844545_2024527614528755_37965713409876

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 8:43 PM, silver said:

Oh!  Fantastic news!  Congrats :flowers2:

He looks adorable :wub2:

Thank you! He's a pretty chilled bub, doesn't react much when Samuel climbs all over and kisses him. 

Should be interesting tomorrow, Derek goes back to work :shocked: :no:  :banghead: :hair: 

5 hours ago, nico_collard said:

Thank you! He's a pretty chilled bub, doesn't react much when Samuel climbs all over and kisses him. 

Should be interesting tomorrow, Derek goes back to work :shocked: :no:  :banghead: :hair: 

I'm sure you'll manage OK :hug:

7 hours ago, nico_collard said:

Seems to be okay so far. Just have to try and keep Sam off Isaac, as it looks like Sam has conjunctivitis :sneaky2:

That won't be easy...good luck Tegan :crossed: Hopefully Isaac won't catch it :pray:

My brother gets conjunctivitis quite often, but I've never had it (touch wood).  So maybe some people are more resistant than others - Isaac may be OK.