The Australian Thread: Party Twenty-Four

silver

On 09/08/2017 at 8:07 AM, nico_collard said:

Oh yeah, that was pretty gross! I'm pleased I haven't been eaten like that! :shocked: 

How have you been?

Busy busy busy - looking after Mum/house/dogs, plus we are going to be moving soon to a bungalow in North Devon. We will get the keys in a few weeks, then we have to see what work needs doing before we can move in.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 11:13 PM, silver said:

Busy busy busy - looking after Mum/house/dogs, plus we are going to be moving soon to a bungalow in North Devon. We will get the keys in a few weeks, then we have to see what work needs doing before we can move in.

Sounds very busy! Been a bit busy here too. 

On 9/3/2017 at 9:53 PM, silver said:

So - have you finished finding all the politicians with dual nationality? :naughty:

Far as I can tell, it's still ongoing with a few. 

I'm still trying to work out how some of them didn't know they were dual nationals :facepalm: 

So, I've been working pretty hard - working as a teacher's aide (the department calls them School Learning Support Officers, or SLSOs - they love their acronyms! :teehee: ). The school hasn't had a good few days, the indigenous girl's group room got broken into over the weekend and they broke the big tv and stole a stereo and a laptop, then this morning two dogs got into the Ag farm and killed about 20 sheep, plus an adult alpaca and the baby :sad: . 

I've been also helping with some stuff for mum as she's running for the local council, plus Mayor (we get to vote for Mayor, who will stay in for 4 years rather than the councillors voting every year). It's been a bit of a s**t fight, the current councillors are acting like children, including one that couldn't fill in the form correctly and got excluded because he left handing the form in till the last minute and didn't have time to fix it (he had a hissy fit and went to a solicitor, then the electoral commission allowed him in so they had to redraw  for the form). I just printed out some iron on stuff for t shirts for Zoe, Britt and I to wear, so I'll have to take a pic to share. 

What else... I've got a few appointments sorted out for Sam so we work out why he's not talking. So we're testing his hearing again, having a follow up with the speech pathologist and a visit to the Paediatrician. 

We've also got a few day and overnight trips coming up, so flat out! 

Horrible news about all the animals killed - did they catch the dogs?

I didn't realise Sam wasn't talking but it may be nothing to worry about.  One of my cousins didn't start talking until he was over two (we think he just couldn't be bothered :naughty: , as long as he was fed and played with he was happy).  But maybe wise to rule out any physical causes.

We should be moving to our new house some time next month, still quite a bit of work to do on it though we have been quite lucky with finding plumbers, electricians, builders etc - they all seem to be having a bit of a lull atm.  However we need to crack on before the weather starts to deteriorate in the autumn.

14 hours ago, silver said:

Horrible news about all the animals killed - did they catch the dogs?

I didn't realise Sam wasn't talking but it may be nothing to worry about.  One of my cousins didn't start talking until he was over two (we think he just couldn't be bothered :naughty: , as long as he was fed and played with he was happy).  But maybe wise to rule out any physical causes.

We should be moving to our new house some time next month, still quite a bit of work to do on it though we have been quite lucky with finding plumbers, electricians, builders etc - they all seem to be having a bit of a lull atm.  However we need to crack on before the weather starts to deteriorate in the autumn.

Apparently they did. The ranger followed one of them home. The owner wasn't co-operating at first so I believe they got the police involved, though I think they eventually surrendered them. They'll end up being put down, if they haven't already. 

Yeah, I'm not too sure why he's not talking. The speech pathologist thought his understanding of language was behind where he should be (It could be receptive language issues, going by what I've read). We're still in the process of getting him assessed. The Paediatrician is apparently good with language issues, so we'll soon see how that goes.Sam's def happy as long as he has food and toys. At least his social skills are developing. 

Oh, that's lucky! Sometimes is so hard to get tradies in to do stuff, you almost don't want to jinx it if they are able to come fairly quick. Hopefully the weather takes a while before it starts getting cold and miserable.

Oh, and here's a pic of the t shirts I did. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out :biggrin2:

21462261_10154682745906577_4307889043856742651_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We've lost a lot of pics, either because the original poster has deleted them from the photo server, or, if it's Photobucket, because they have changed their T&Cs and want you to pay to show your pics on a third party site.

Fortunately you can upload photos directly to MFC now.

Ah, okay then. Pretty sure I'll grab them off Photobucket and post them in here, so you can add them. 

EDIT: Okay, here we go... the Mikamite jar is the logo, Mika Hut and Mikacard are fairly self explanatory, the goat is Beryl Geranium, the camel is Sparkles (not the same but it'll do), the pic of Mika with the cookie is the Subway one and the Keep Calm one is under the bit on Raffa. 

mikahut.GIF

mikacard.JPG

Mikamites.JPG

beryl geranium.jpg

sparkles.jpg

MFCCreations10.JPG

keep-calm-and-love-raffa-35.jpg

Edited by nico_collard
Adding photos

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2017 at 6:34 AM, silver said:

Have added the images to the first post (hope I got them all in the right place).

I ought to save them to a folder, as a backup.

Cool thanks, I'll double check them to be sure. 

And probably a good idea :teehee: 

Anywho, best be off to bed. I only was planning a quick visit cause I've got stacks to do tomorrow (always the way during holidays... of course it doesn't hurt to do actual stuff rather than play video games :sneaky2: )

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Kelzy said:

Hello dear! How you going? 

Just moved house.  Everything is in a box or a muddle :aah:  About to buy a lot of (cheap) furniture, not much storage space in house.  But we have a huge gardenP1060522.thumb.JPG.f13236eb259c502ae37add8f23f3c4ac.JPG

P1060511.thumb.JPG.b5081b15c4817f10ae1226e5f9d06005.JPG

P1060515.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, silver said:

Just moved house.  Everything is in a box or a muddle :aah:  About to buy a lot of (cheap) furniture, not much storage space in house.  But we have a huge gardenP1060522.thumb.JPG.f13236eb259c502ae37add8f23f3c4ac.JPG

P1060511.thumb.JPG.b5081b15c4817f10ae1226e5f9d06005.JPG

P1060515.JPG

That looks huge! Maybe you need to buy a hammock first lol

So, there's a room for me to crash in one day right? :fisch:

Just now, Kelzy said:

That looks huge! Maybe you need to buy a hammock first lol

So, there's a room for me to crash in one day right? :fisch:

Oh, definitely room to crash :naughty:

It's just in the middle of nowhere though

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...