The Australian Thread: Party Twenty-Four

silver

Has your brother made it back from Mount Isa, Tegan?  We saw all the floods around Townsville on the news, I bet the clean-up operation is going to take forever.

In other news, Mika has said he will be touring Asia, Europe and the US, but no mention of Australia :tears: or South America :tears:  BUT he has said he will be doing small venues so maybe he might be lured across for a gig or two.

And he was in a recording studio today

image.png.1b4938ff335c3c32974cbdd543bd1406.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kelzy said:

how you doin? :das:

Same old same old - still looking after Mum and the dogs - still not enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do. And very tired.  But on the plus side the weather here is glorious (v unusual for a Public Holiday), and I don't plan to do anything except eat chocolate

MG_15.gif

How are things with you?

On 4/20/2019 at 6:36 AM, silver said:

Same old same old - still looking after Mum and the dogs - still not enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do. And very tired.  But on the plus side the weather here is glorious (v unusual for a Public Holiday), and I don't plan to do anything except eat chocolate

MG_15.gif

How are things with you?

Chocolate, good plan. I've had major munchies today. You sound like you're doing way too much. What's been happening? (If you don't mind me asking).

Everything's going pretty good here. I'm binging on The Office tonight.  

3 minutes ago, Kelzy said:

Chocolate, good plan. I've had major munchies today. You sound like you're doing way too much. What's been happening? (If you don't mind me asking).

Everything's going pretty good here. I'm binging on The Office tonight.  

Not really here but just saw you were logged on.

Didn't manage much chocolate - bit under the weather so mostly all I did this weekend was sleep.  Too hot for me anyway.

Not sure what you mean by what's been happening.  If you mean Mikawise, he is finishing off his next album, and appearing on the French version of The Voice.

If you mean on the forum, it's been pretty quiet, just a little gossip about possible tour dates (he has promised a world tour :lmfao: ).  Hardly any Aussies around now.

If you mean me,  I'm almost full-time looking after my mother who has restricted mobility, plus still trying to look after 2 big dogs, house and garden.  Also I have ended up as a Mod ( :teehee: ) so even when I'm on MFC, I'm modding rather than posting.

I miss the good old days when you couldn't keep up with the posts.  Nowadays there is time to read every post in every thread :sad:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2019 at 8:50 AM, silver said:

Has your brother made it back from Mount Isa, Tegan?  We saw all the floods around Townsville on the news, I bet the clean-up operation is going to take forever.

In other news, Mika has said he will be touring Asia, Europe and the US, but no mention of Australia :tears: or South America :tears:  BUT he has said he will be doing small venues so maybe he might be lured across for a gig or two.

And he was in a recording studio today

image.png.1b4938ff335c3c32974cbdd543bd1406.png

Yeah he did, They had to wait till the water receded a bit before anyone could leave, which meant that the truck with their stuff took a while. 

It'll be interesting to see if he does make it back here. I remember he was generally well received but it's been so long between gigs. I kinda hope he does, I reckon there's still heaps of people who like his music. 

On 6/3/2019 at 2:14 AM, silver said:

Tegan, you might need to change your avatar - watch the lyrics in the video :wink2:

Yeah, I saw it. Someone spelt shiny wrong and it irritated me like nothing else :sneaky2: . I've changed it but cause the avatar shapes are round you can't fully see what it says. 

Exciting news though, U2 are coming back to Oz at the end of the year so Melz, Zoe and I are going to go together! :woot_jump: 

11 minutes ago, silver said:

:shocked:  I see it's snowing in Queensland!!

Wait, what??? It's not even snowing in Orange! 

Okay, it snowed on Monday but still... 

10 minutes ago, silver said:

Good news re the U2 gig btw.  Something to look forward to, at least.

Yeah, should be good! Hopefully we'll be able to do some stuff in Sydney while we're there. 

Congratulations !!!:fangurl:

finally Mika comes back to Australia :aussie:

He mentions Australia in this Cherie interview on yesterday.

•   Chérie fm

https://www.cheriefm.fr/artistes/mika/videos

03/06/2019

Mika révèle ce qu’il prépare pour la tournée «Revelation Tour »

C’est officiel, Mika part en tournée à partir du 15 octobre 2019 ! En interview, il nous a donné de précieux indices sur la teneur de son nouveau spectacle. Regardez !

L’année 2019 marque le retour de Mika en musique. Après la publication du single «Ice Cream» vendredi 31 mai 2019, le coach de The Voice dévoilera son cinquième album le 4 octobre prochain. Ce nouveau projet s’accompagnera d’une tournée qui débutera à l’automne aux États-Unis avant de se poursuivre en Europe, puis en Australie et Asie en 2020.

Mika : un nouveau show très étudié

Mika en a dit plus sur le contenu de son nouveau show. «Je veux faire vivre l’album en live sur la scène. Pour moi c’est très important». L’interprète de «Elle me dit» prévoit «un spectacle inspiré par les performances des années 90», avec l’idée d’une «troupe musicale qui danse chante et joue». Le chanteur promet également un «show  extrêmement étudié», avec «beaucoup de vibes». Ses fans français auront l'occasion de le découvrir à l'AccorHotels Arena, le 22 décembre prochain.

Mika reveals what he is preparing for the "Revelation Tour" tour

It's official, Mika goes on tour from October 15, 2019! In interviews, he gave us valuable clues about the content of his new show. Look !

The year 2019 marks the return of Mika to music. After the release of the single "Ice Cream" on Friday, May 31, 2019, the coach of The Voice will unveil his fifth album on October 4. This new project will be accompanied by a tour beginning in the fall in the United States before continuing in Europe, then in Australia and Asia in 2020.
Mika: a new show very studied

Mika said more about the content of his new show. "I want to live the album live on the stage. For me it's very important. The interpreter of "She tells me" plans "a show inspired by the performances of the 90s", with the idea of a "musical troupe that dances and sings". The singer also promises an "extremely studied show", with "a lot of vibes". His French fans will have the opportunity to discover it at the AccorHotels Arena on December 22nd.

VIDEO

itw-mika-tournee-00-03-04-18-still024_5cf5286d406e8.jpg.a551be12ea752f49b65b1799e9a927a4.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kata said:

What are the chances of this being in January when I’m there? :yay:

very low - he is doing European gigs in January 2020

• Like 1

Just now, silver said:

very low - he is doing European gigs in January 2020

Ay. Thought there was just one in January? Surely he could squeeze another continent in before that xD Okay maybe not...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 9:11 AM, Kumazzz said:

Congratulations !!!:fangurl:

finally Mika comes back to Australia :aussie:

He mentions Australia in this Cherie interview on yesterday.

•   Chérie fm

https://www.cheriefm.fr/artistes/mika/videos

03/06/2019

Mika révèle ce qu’il prépare pour la tournée «Revelation Tour »

C’est officiel, Mika part en tournée à partir du 15 octobre 2019 ! En interview, il nous a donné de précieux indices sur la teneur de son nouveau spectacle. Regardez !

L’année 2019 marque le retour de Mika en musique. Après la publication du single «Ice Cream» vendredi 31 mai 2019, le coach de The Voice dévoilera son cinquième album le 4 octobre prochain. Ce nouveau projet s’accompagnera d’une tournée qui débutera à l’automne aux États-Unis avant de se poursuivre en Europe, puis en Australie et Asie en 2020.

Mika : un nouveau show très étudié

Mika en a dit plus sur le contenu de son nouveau show. «Je veux faire vivre l’album en live sur la scène. Pour moi c’est très important». L’interprète de «Elle me dit» prévoit «un spectacle inspiré par les performances des années 90», avec l’idée d’une «troupe musicale qui danse chante et joue». Le chanteur promet également un «show  extrêmement étudié», avec «beaucoup de vibes». Ses fans français auront l'occasion de le découvrir à l'AccorHotels Arena, le 22 décembre prochain.

Mika reveals what he is preparing for the "Revelation Tour" tour

It's official, Mika goes on tour from October 15, 2019! In interviews, he gave us valuable clues about the content of his new show. Look !

The year 2019 marks the return of Mika to music. After the release of the single "Ice Cream" on Friday, May 31, 2019, the coach of The Voice will unveil his fifth album on October 4. This new project will be accompanied by a tour beginning in the fall in the United States before continuing in Europe, then in Australia and Asia in 2020.
Mika: a new show very studied

Mika said more about the content of his new show. "I want to live the album live on the stage. For me it's very important. The interpreter of "She tells me" plans "a show inspired by the performances of the 90s", with the idea of a "musical troupe that dances and sings". The singer also promises an "extremely studied show", with "a lot of vibes". His French fans will have the opportunity to discover it at the AccorHotels Arena on December 22nd.

VIDEO

itw-mika-tournee-00-03-04-18-still024_5cf5286d406e8.jpg.a551be12ea752f49b65b1799e9a927a4.jpg

Whoa, that's surprising... if it's true that is. 

On 6/5/2019 at 7:45 PM, silver said:

:yay:

If it's true :mf_rosetinted:

Awwww, we've influenced you so much! :teehee: 

On 6/5/2019 at 7:53 PM, Kata said:

What are the chances of this being in January when I’m there? :yay:

Like silver said, slim to none. 

But yay for coming to Oz! Have you been here before? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Australia - you've been very quiet lately.

Amazed at the weather you've been having - drought in one place, freezing weather in another.  There was a piece on the news showing some very confused-looking kangaroos wandering round in the snow!

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2019 at 5:48 AM, silver said:

Hello Australia - you've been very quiet lately.

Amazed at the weather you've been having - drought in one place, freezing weather in another.  There was a piece on the news showing some very confused-looking kangaroos wandering round in the snow!

I'll bet they were pretty confused... I was surprised we even got snow. We actually got a decent dumping were we are, though closer to town wasn't as thick. Goulburn area had snow in the last week or so. Still in drought and we've had some pretty bad bushfires in Northern NSW and Qld. 

Not much happening around here, I just did 2 days out at the mine and have just managed to get work at one of the supermarkets in town. Not sure what shifts at this stage but I asked the manager for afternoon/nights and weekends. Also still waiting for U2, Melz and I are going to the 2nd Sydney show as well and got GA, so standing up and having a bit of a boogie while we're there. 

And while I'm here... 

NEFF_Feature_Summer-pavlova-1024x576.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 11:33 AM, nico_collard said:

I'll bet they were pretty confused... I was surprised we even got snow. We actually got a decent dumping were we are, though closer to town wasn't as thick. Goulburn area had snow in the last week or so. Still in drought and we've had some pretty bad bushfires in Northern NSW and Qld. 

Not much happening around here, I just did 2 days out at the mine and have just managed to get work at one of the supermarkets in town. Not sure what shifts at this stage but I asked the manager for afternoon/nights and weekends. Also still waiting for U2, Melz and I are going to the 2nd Sydney show as well and got GA, so standing up and having a bit of a boogie while we're there. 

And while I'm here... 

NEFF_Feature_Summer-pavlova-1024x576.jpg

Mmmmm pavlova :licks_lips:

Hope your work shifts have worked out as you wanted.

U2 is in November, isn't it?  I actually hope to be going to a Mika gig in November (long time since I've been able to say that).

If you're in touch with Kelzy, wish her a belated happy birthday from me (I meant to post something on the day, but got caught up in RL).

Hope the weather has got better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 8:01 AM, silver said:

Mmmmm pavlova :licks_lips:

Hope your work shifts have worked out as you wanted.

U2 is in November, isn't it?  I actually hope to be going to a Mika gig in November (long time since I've been able to say that).

If you're in touch with Kelzy, wish her a belated happy birthday from me (I meant to post something on the day, but got caught up in RL).

Hope the weather has got better.

Well, I just started work on Saturday and I worked Sat, Sun, and I have a 5 hr shift tomorrow (Tues). Other than that I have no idea. I did 9 hours yesterday. 

Yep, U2's in November... Interestingly enough it's almost at the 10 year mark since Mika came to Oz (his show was 24/11, U2's is 22 and 23/11). Where's the gig at? Hopefully you get there. 

I'll pass on the birthday wishes next time I talk to her. 

Weather hasn't been too bad, it cooled down but it's supposed to be going back up to 21 degrees today. Still dry as anything, though we do get the very occasional bit of rain. 

Edited by nico_collard