The Australian Thread: Party Twenty-Four

silver

7 hours ago, Oakie Doke said:

Four shows in our neck of the woods and three in Australia. What has the world come to?

:lmfao: 

I can't go either. I just burnt through more than a thousand bucks on U2. And I have 3 concerts lined up in 2020, and I haven't yet paid the person who bought the tix. One of them being Alice Cooper in Feb (again). 

However... IF I hear of any of the old crew going to Melbourne, I'll see how things go. I mean... Luna Park rant.. etc.

I'm kinda stunned by this. 

I mean, it's cool he's remembered Oz and NZ. 

I guess it goes back to the old saying of not needing to ask a man to get things done. They will.

Eventually. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, Kelzy said:

P.S.

Leo is going though. So he'll probably post using my account. Just saying this to avoid confusion. :fish:

Surely it's more confusing if we don't know if it's you or Leo posting?

On 12/15/2019 at 9:35 AM, Kelzy said:

:lmfao: 

I can't go either. I just burnt through more than a thousand bucks on U2. And I have 3 concerts lined up in 2020, and I haven't yet paid the person who bought the tix. One of them being Alice Cooper in Feb (again). 

However... IF I hear of any of the old crew going to Melbourne, I'll see how things go. I mean... Luna Park rant.. etc.

Well, you never know, you might get a chance to win tickets :dunno:

On 12/15/2019 at 2:04 AM, Oakie Doke said:

Four shows in our neck of the woods and three in Australia. What has the world come to? I can't go to any of them because I won't be able to fly in February :lmfao:

For the last few weeks we have actually become a bit of a Mika household by chance - John started listening to my Mika CDs, we even just went out and bought the new one! 

Where's your spirit of adventure?  If you can't fly, drive. :mf_rosetinted:

Seriously, this is bad timing for you :hug:

2 hours ago, silver said:

Surely it's more confusing if we don't know if it's you or Leo posting?

I am an international man of mystery. :rm_robot:

Default me.

Leo's squeeing will give him away. :fangurl: 

Me laughing at "me" squeeing will give me away. 

Well, you never know, you might get a chance to win tickets :dunno:

You know, you just made me realise I've never won concert tickets. :boxed: whattha.... 

Where's your spirit of adventure?  If you can't fly, drive. :mf_rosetinted:

Seriously, this is bad timing for you :hug:

Yeah, Bíancé. 

Get on your scooter :biker: 

Ride the waves :surfing:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just passing on an update on fires etc and members - There's a massive fire working it's way towards happikali's town. She's evacuated from her house to a friend's place near the sea (she lives in the middle of the bush) but no power and limited phone coverage. Apparently some people are leaving already but they're staying tonight and seeing how things are tomorrow. Saturday's forecast is looking pretty bad. I'll pass on any more updates as I see them. 

As for Mika, I likely won't be going either, I don't think I'll get the time off and it's kinda not fair on Derek and the kids for me to take off for another few days to go to a concert. It's a shame cause it would be nice to see everyone but unfortunately life happens.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just in case anyone not from Oz comes in here, here's a couple of screenshots from the fires near me app that I have on my phone. 

The first one shows the fires from Sydney down to the Victorian border (yellow is watch and act level, blue is advice and white means they haven't updated the threat level yet). 

Second one is all of NSW and into Qld - from the Gold Coast down to the Vic border. The blue dot is me of course. 

Screenshot_20200103-001318_Fires Near Me NSW.jpg

Screenshot_20200103-001458_Fires Near Me NSW.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Hows the air around you, Teegs? 

Anyone hoping or praying or whatever you do that we get rain, thank you, we got some.. but keep going, we just need a couple 100 mm more everywhere. 

16 minutes ago, Kelzy said:

Hows the air around you, Teegs? 

Anyone hoping or praying or whatever you do that we get rain, thank you, we got some.. but keep going, we just need a couple 100 mm more everywhere. 

It's ridiculous - Australia is parched, while the UK has had so much rain the farmers can't get on to their land and no winter crops got planted.  Our lawn squelches if you try to walk on it.

Hoping you get some rain soon, but tbh it looks unlikely.

Keep safe :group_hug:

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 11:55 PM, silver said:

It's ridiculous - Australia is parched, while the UK has had so much rain the farmers can't get on to their land and no winter crops got planted.  Our lawn squelches if you try to walk on it.

Hoping you get some rain soon, but tbh it looks unlikely.

Keep safe

:hug:

It's also raining atm where I live, and 11c/51f.

*dramatic confusion* 

GreedySeveralAmericanbadger-small.gif.6e99b15aed8908646443a7acd0ece2a2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm, hello 🙂 I think it's been about 10 years since I last logged on, holy crap, but great to see some familiar names still popping up on the thread....

So the reason for my post is I just found out today I'll be in Brisbane on the night Mika is playing at The Tivoli- what are the freaking chances!! I knew there was no way he'd get to Perth so the stars have aligned to help me get there!!

Hope everyone is doing great (even though I still keep up to date with a few of you via FB 🙂 )

• Like 2