The Australian Thread: Party Twenty-Four

silver

On 1/29/2020 at 5:46 PM, Jolene said:

Ummm, hello 🙂 I think it's been about 10 years since I last logged on, holy crap, but great to see some familiar names still popping up on the thread....

So the reason for my post is I just found out today I'll be in Brisbane on the night Mika is playing at The Tivoli- what are the freaking chances!! I knew there was no way he'd get to Perth so the stars have aligned to help me get there!!

Hope everyone is doing great (even though I still keep up to date with a few of you via FB 🙂 )

I haven't ever really be into the MFC site but I have been an avid fan of MIKA's since I was 14. I am 20 now and my dreams are coming true. Going to see him at The Tivoli. My bf is also coming from Perth for a week. He has never been on a plane or been to QLD. And he is coming with me to see MIKA. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikaFreak14 said:

I haven't ever really be into the MFC site but I have been an avid fan of MIKA's since I was 14. I am 20 now and my dreams are coming true. Going to see him at The Tivoli. My bf is also coming from Perth for a week. He has never been on a plane or been to QLD. And he is coming with me to see MIKA. 

Welcome to the MFC, and have a great time at the gig :yay:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 11:36 PM, Kelzy said:

Hows the air around you, Teegs? 

Anyone hoping or praying or whatever you do that we get rain, thank you, we got some.. but keep going, we just need a couple 100 mm more everywhere. 

Hey Melz, air is sometimes good, sometimes bad. It was pretty bad there earlier in January but it's not bad now. It's been raining a bit here so the girls (ie, my grandparents' sheep) in the paddock have a little bit of green though very little actual feed. Hopefully we get more rain soon. 

On an unrelated note, I totally went looking for :pbs: but then remembered it wouldn't be on here :facepalm: I so miss these smileys, I wish I could use them on FB... especially :das: 

On 1/29/2020 at 6:46 PM, Jolene said:

Ummm, hello 🙂 I think it's been about 10 years since I last logged on, holy crap, but great to see some familiar names still popping up on the thread....

So the reason for my post is I just found out today I'll be in Brisbane on the night Mika is playing at The Tivoli- what are the freaking chances!! I knew there was no way he'd get to Perth so the stars have aligned to help me get there!!

Hope everyone is doing great (even though I still keep up to date with a few of you via FB 🙂 )

Hey Jolene, Hope you're doing well :biggrin2:

It's meant to be! Hope you have a great time :biggrin2: :woot_jump: :yay:

• Like 1

So excited for the concert next week! I've been a huge Mika fan from the very beginning of his career when I first discovered him on MySpace and this will be the first time I've seen him live. My love for his music has never left me for all these years. I've bought every one of his albums and love all his songs and I think he's a wonderful human being too. I am beyond excited, cannot wait! 😄

6 hours ago, nico_collard said:

Hey Melz, air is sometimes good, sometimes bad. It was pretty bad there earlier in January but it's not bad now. It's been raining a bit here so the girls (ie, my grandparents' sheep) in the paddock have a little bit of green though very little actual feed. Hopefully we get more rain soon. 

On an unrelated note, I totally went looking for :pbs: but then remembered it wouldn't be on here :facepalm: I so miss these smileys, I wish I could use them on FB... especially :das: 

You mean :pinkbow: ?

9 minutes ago, Tania Powell said:

So excited for the concert next week! I've been a huge Mika fan from the very beginning of his career when I first discovered him on MySpace and this will be the first time I've seen him live. My love for his music has never left me for all these years. I've bought every one of his albums and love all his songs and I think he's a wonderful human being too. I am beyond excited, cannot wait! 😄

It will be worth the wait

Hello their :bye:

In this morning

Mika attended two TV show, but I can't watch / download them.

Could anyone please download these videos ?

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

REPLAY

:dunno: I cannot download the video file...

Studio 10

https://10play.com.au/studio-10/entertainment/2020/hes-tried-a-little-freddy-its-mika/tpv200226fiqrk

tl2ltLD7.thumb.jpg.515089add8f0ffb4b0da45cd23924636.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

:no: I can't download the replay.

The Morning Show

episode : Wed 26 Feb

1h 40m

https://7plus.com.au/the-morning-show?episode-id=TMSW20-028

Enmore was the most amazing experience :wub2: Queued early and got front row, and met the most amazing people while lining up!! And me and @Mika Cherry made love hearts fan action, and he even held our heart and played with it. The crowd's energy was amazing and he was taking it all in, and he smiled SO much, he was super happy to be here! And he promised us he would be back soon! I already can't wait for the next gig :swoon: He is so perfect aah

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There was sooo much energy at enmore, i dont think ive been to a concert where the crowd cheered as loud as we did that day ahahah it was absolutely amazing!! and he was all smiles and giggles, and his voice was just perfect~ id love to time travel just to experience that moment again, im sooo glad he liked our little hearts, he also loved the golden confetti and the flower necklace! we were all so happy to have him back so i hope he felt it too :wub2: 

honestly cant wait until next time!!!! :fangurl:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 6:37 AM, silver said:

And just in case she looks in,

Happy Birthday OKD  :hug:

image.png.56f70232611b3c36c68c8d7febc7f1ce.png

Thanks Silver :blush-anim-cl:

Hello from my two idiots:

thumbnail_IMG_20200308_110240626.thumb.jpg.3a86b88a7a9ef09519ad682e27edaab6.jpg

Who actually made it to a gig in the end? It looks like only about three of us? It sounds like they were still well attended - do we know if the shows were sold out? 

I don't understand how. I have been trying to buy his last CD but no where sells any Mika CDs anymore. There is no Mika section at JB Hifi?

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, silver said:

Hi and welcome to the Aussie thread.  Though I think everyone is asleep :naughty:

Plus we are all avoiding each other because of the coronavirus :wink2:

Thank you so much!
Are we ever! I am very much in isolation right now, getting through some puzzles and books! 

10 hours ago, Kelzy said:

Just dropping by to say I hope everyone is doing well and keeping healthy.  💚

OK here atm, how are you doing yourself?

20 hours ago, silver said:

OK here atm, how are you doing yourself?

Ok too, we're stage 3, so not completely locked down yet, but they should do it soon.

How are you passing the time? 💚

13 hours ago, Kelzy said:

Ok too, we're stage 3, so not completely locked down yet, but they should do it soon.

How are you passing the time? 💚

Actually I don't notice much difference - we were pretty isolated anyway.  The only change is with food shopping, we used to have it delivered but we are not considered priority customers so have to go out shopping now.  They only let a few people in shops at a time, and you have to keep 2 metres apart (which leads to some interesting manoevres in supermarket aisles :naughty: ).  

And it's hard to get hold of dog food.