Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

Random but still Mika related but doesn't fit into any thread: I really want Mika to read for an audiobook. I don't even care what, I just want a nice long audio recording of his lovely voice:wub2: There's things like the art of song and some radio interviews of course but I just really love his speaking voice - I find it so calming. I want a long, uninteruppted, only-mika-talking bit of audio to listen to. A girl can dream...

Edited by ladyolivier
  • Like 10

8 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Random but still Mika related but doesn't fit into any thread: I really want Mika to read for an audiobook. I don't even care what, I just want a nice long audio recording of his lovely voice:wub2: There's things like the art of song and some radio interviews of course but I just really love his speaking voice - I find it so calming. I want a long, uninteruppted, only-mika-talking bit of audio to listen to. A girl can dream...

Ah, couldn't agree more!! Imagine how peaceful that would be, Mika reading a story for hours... where do we sign up? :wub2:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

Same here:cloud:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ladyolivier said:

1 hour ago, sara09 said:

Ah, couldn't agree more!! Imagine how peaceful that would be, Mika reading a story for hours... where do we sign up? :wub2:

After all, there are whole albums of relaxing music. How about an album of words to dream with? :wub2:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Starlight said:

Hello there! :bye:

Did you all have nice Christmas celebrations? :)

Heeey :) 

Yes we did, my brother and his gf came over yesterday for dinner and opening presents, wich was fun :biggrin2: Today we won't be doing much, maybe watch some tv and have some nice dinner :naughty: And then tomorrow back at work again >.> And you? :) 

Edited by We-Are-Golden

On 26.12.2017 at 10:05 AM, We-Are-Golden said:

Heeey :) 

Yes we did, my brother and his gf came over yesterday for dinner and opening presents, wich was fun :biggrin2: Today we won't be doing much, maybe watch some tv and have some nice dinner :naughty: And then tomorrow back at work again >.> And you? :) 

I spent the Christmas eve with my family and the next day we were invited st my brother's. So I had some lovely time with my niece and nephew. :D

The Christmas days were really relaxing for me and I enjoyed coming down. I'm very busy with work... today I'm already back at work... -_-

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Starlight said:

I spent the Christmas eve with my family and the next day we were invited st my brother's. So I had some lovely time with my niece and nephew. :D

The Christmas days were really relaxing for me and I enjoyed coming down. I'm very busy with work... today I'm already back at work... -_-

Aaaww that sounds fun :biggrin2: Yes same, had to work again today. Holidays, what is that? :aah::lmfao: 

On 22.12.2017 at 5:45 AM, ladyolivier said:

Did you hear about The Prophet movie where Mika gives his voice? It's like an audiobook to me :biggrin2: I watched it just to listen to him because it's in french and I didn't understand it, but still his voice was magical :wub2:

Edited by Dominika
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dominika said:

Did you hear about The Prophet movie where Mika gives his voice? It's like an audiobook to me :biggrin2: I watched it just to listen to him because it's in french and I didn't understand it, but still his voice was magical :wub2:

What a good idea! Thank you...

• Like 1

On 16.11.2017 at 9:53 AM, We-Are-Golden said:

Ah yes, I can imagine it's a lot to watch/listen to if you're new :naughty:  I've been a fan for years now and I still find new things occasionally :naughty: 

Well there are a few unreleased songs, but, if I remember well, we aren't allowed to talk about those here on MFC ;)  

Why we cannot talk about them? :dunno:

11 hours ago, Dominika said:

Why we cannot talk about them? :dunno:

I think Mika has asked that once. I'm not completely sure, since that happened before I became a member, but I remember someone told me we weren't allowed to talk about unreleased songs here on MFC. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty filled with anxiety right now, and I just need a place to vent. I'm applying to schools and I just want to get it over with, but I have to play the waiting game right now because of something to do with tuition here in the states. The whole waiting thing works me up so much, these months are going to be hell for me. Then theres the whole fact that most people my age are getting ready to or already have graduated with an undergraduate degree, which is frustrating. I know I just have to go at my own pace and not compare myself to others, but its hard sometimes. AND I'm also mentally preparing myself to moving like, 1200 miles this summer, which is going to be an anxiety attack and mental shutdown after another. I've got a lot thats about to change in my life and I'm just sitting here waiting for all it to happen at once, pretty much. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, cat_loves_mika said:

I'm pretty filled with anxiety right now, and I just need a place to vent. I'm applying to schools and I just want to get it over with, but I have to play the waiting game right now because of something to do with tuition here in the states. The whole waiting thing works me up so much, these months are going to be hell for me. Then theres the whole fact that most people my age are getting ready to or already have graduated with an undergraduate degree, which is frustrating. I know I just have to go at my own pace and not compare myself to others, but its hard sometimes. AND I'm also mentally preparing myself to moving like, 1200 miles this summer, which is going to be an anxiety attack and mental shutdown after another. I've got a lot thats about to change in my life and I'm just sitting here waiting for all it to happen at once, pretty much. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time at the moment... but I'm pretty sure it'll all get better and better okay at the end. :hug: if you need someone to talk to we're here!

The last year wasn't easy for my me as well... I also had to think about life and how to go on as I didn't pass my finals at university. So I had a hard time for a few weeks, but then I had to decide what to do. So applied for a job at a lawyer and they wanted me. :)

I'm working there now and I made up the decision to try my exam again when I'm a legal secretary.

So you should never give up and just take the chances life will give to you. ;) It'll all be okay!

• Like 1

On 1/13/2018 at 3:45 AM, cat_loves_mika said:

It's hard to stop yourself worrying about big things like moving/waiting for the results of applications, but they are things that you don't have a lot of control over.  You will just have to surrender to the situation when it arrives.

It might help, if you are worried about moving, just to make a list of the things that will need to be done, so that you can see what needs to be resolved rather than just feeling generalised anxiety.

And it's a long time until the summer, so don't let worry stop you from enjoying things now.  :hug:

• Like 1

On 1/13/2018 at 3:28 AM, Starlight said:

I'm very sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time at the moment... but I'm pretty sure it'll all get better and better okay at the end. :hug: if you need someone to talk to we're here!

The last year wasn't easy for my me as well... I also had to think about life and how to go on as I didn't pass my finals at university. So I had a hard time for a few weeks, but then I had to decide what to do. So applied for a job at a lawyer and they wanted me. :)

I'm working there now and I made up the decision to try my exam again when I'm a legal secretary.

So you should never give up and just take the chances life will give to you. ;) It'll all be okay!

I'm glad that thing worked out for you, I know how hard it is feeling like an utter failure :tears: Good luck when you take it again!

On 1/14/2018 at 5:19 PM, silver said:

It's hard to stop yourself worrying about big things like moving/waiting for the results of applications, but they are things that you don't have a lot of control over.  You will just have to surrender to the situation when it arrives.

It might help, if you are worried about moving, just to make a list of the things that will need to be done, so that you can see what needs to be resolved rather than just feeling generalised anxiety.

And it's a long time until the summer, so don't let worry stop you from enjoying things now.  :hug:

Thanks for the advice, I just like to overthink and worry about things. My grades aren't the best so I'm also worried about not getting into my first choice school and thaaaaaat's a whole other anxiety thing that I've pretty much gotten over because there's nothing I can do about it now.

Just need to chill out. I should literally jump in the giant snowbanks outside and to chill :fisch:

• Like 1

Hi guys, how are you all doing? :)

Sorry for being so inactive here lately.  I've been incredibly busy with college and have a lot on my mind right now.

I also have a bit of a dilemma.  There's this guy in my college course who I think is really cute.  We've been talking and hanging out quite a bit, and I really love spending time with him.  In fact, I found out through a mutual friend that he finds me attractive.  Only trouble is, there is an age gap of 8 years.  Plus, I've never been in a serious relationship, so I don't really know what I'm doing.  Should I ask him out and risk rejection, or do nothing?  He has shown a few signs of interest (he said he liked my eyes once :blush-anim-cl:), but I feel that the age gap is the main issue.

Any advice would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Sorry for being so inactive here lately.  I've been incredibly busy with college and have a lot on my mind right now.

I also have a bit of a dilemma.  There's this guy in my college course who I think is really cute.  We've been talking and hanging out quite a bit, and I really love spending time with him.  In fact, I found out through a mutual friend that he finds me attractive.  Only trouble is, there is an age gap of 8 years.  Plus, I've never been in a serious relationship, so I don't really know what I'm doing.  Should I ask him out and risk rejection, or do nothing?  He has shown a few signs of interest (he said he liked my eyes once :blush-anim-cl:), but I feel that the age gap is the main issue.

My brother and her girlfriend have a gap of 8 years. They are together since 2010 I think (?) Don't remember well.

My best friend have a boyfriend 8 years elder than her. They are together since we were at high school (we're finishing university now).

I once had a relation with a guy elder than me. The gap was of 7 years. Our relation lasted 4 years. It was my first relation so did not know what I was doing neither :wink2: when he asked me what I thought about him, I told it was a really good friend of mine; he asked if he could be more, my answer was "I don't know". But I loved talking with him and so he became more than a friend.

What I want to say is don't mind the age gap. If you like spending time with him, do it! And if he likes hanging out with you too that's good. So, even if he rejects you, you can continue being friends, and maybe it can become more with time...or not, but you still have a good friend with no misunderstandings! (I had that problem too, I thought I had a good friend once, then I discovered he wanted sth else :annoyed_h4h:)

Edit: I took it for granted he's a good boy. I don't know him nor you or how much do you trust him. However please be careful, you never know and we hear such things nowadays...

Edited by Siri
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Siri said:

My brother and her girlfriend have a gap of 8 years. They are together since 2010 I think (?) Don't remember well.

My best friend have a boyfriend 8 years elder than her. They are together since we were at high school (we're finishing university now).

I once had a relation with a guy elder than me. The gap was of 7 years. Our relation lasted 4 years. It was my first relation so did not know what I was doing neither :wink2: when he asked me what I thought about him, I told it was a really good friend of mine; he asked if he could be more, my answer was "I don't know". But I loved talking with him and so he became more than a friend.

What I want to say is don't mind the age gap. If you like spending time with him, do it! And if he likes hanging out with you too that's good. So, even if he rejects you, you can continue being friends, and maybe it can become more with time...or not, but you still have a good friend with no misunderstandings! (I had that problem too, I thought I had a good friend once, then I discovered he wanted sth else :annoyed_h4h:)

Edit: I took it for granted he's a good boy. I don't know him nor you or how much do you trust him. However please be careful, you never know and we hear such things nowadays...

Thanks for your advice.  My uncle and his girlfriend also have a gap of 8 years, so I know that it can work.  However, I know it can be an issue for some people, and I really don't want to make him feel uncomfortable.

I've known this guy for three months.  I would say I know him pretty well now, so I trust him and know that he's a caring person.  It's weird to say this, but I feel some sort of connection with him.  He also has the most gorgeous blue eyes. :wub2:

I will probably ask him out at some point, but for now I'll wait and see what happens. :wink2:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, teenagedreamer98 said:

Age gaps usually don't matter, but can be a little tricker when you're younger; like us. My boyfriend and I have a 6 year age gap and we never notice it most of the time and we have been together for almost 2 years now (we even live together, plan on moving across the country together, plan on getting married, etc.), but sometimes things will hit me that reminds me how young and naïve I truly am compared to him. Like when I hang out with his friends, I'm the only one still in school and the rest of them have careers or are married/getting married. It can be odd at times, but not to the point where I regret anything about the relationship I have. 

Why not ask him out!? I think if you like him and you think he likes you too you, don't have much to lose. I was the initiator in my relationship and look where I am now :lmfao:  We also met on tinder, but that's another story. 

• Like 2